Hasbro/Disney did a vote... GOOD NEWS FOR OLD REPUBLIC Becoming CANON

Foreignobjects

Disney and hasbro recently in the last year have been discussing what to do with this old republic kotor universe. so it seems they did a vote. for a 6 inch hasbro black series action figure and Revan will be made into one.. and they are possibly going to make the old republic or work parts of it into the canon .. via books. comics. who knows but that can be an awesome thing for our mmo we got here. i know at first disney wanted to not renew the ip for swtor and it would be shut down but they changed theyre minds.. and then made the KOTFE Expansion. so disney is starting to input there opinions on swtor. they had extensive input on the targruta species for players. and more so WE WILL SEE!!!

Disney and hasbro recently in the last year have been discussing what to do with this old republic kotor universe. so it seems they did a vote. for a 6 inch hasbro black series action figure and Revan will be made into one.. and they are possibly going to make the old republic or work parts of it into the canon .. via books. comics. who knows but that can be an awesome thing for our mmo we got here. i know at first disney wanted to not renew the ip for swtor and it would be shut down but they changed theyre minds.. and then made the KOTFE Expansion. so disney is starting to input there opinions on swtor. they had extensive input on the targruta species for players. and more so WE WILL SEE!!!

If SWTOR is made canon, then so is KOTOR, TSL, and TOTJ.

It'd be cool, but I have my doubts that it will be part of Disney-canon. This may just be homage paying to Legends-canon.

Oh, and if it's canon, get ready to have canon editions of all 8 classes.

It'd be cool, but I have my doubts that it will be part of Disney-canon. This may just be homage paying to Legends-canon.

What it means, is that Disney would like to profit from various IPs, characters and likenesses created by Bioware. It might be very beneficial to Bioware if it happens, so I will take this as a positive piece of news.

(edit: not sure who owns what, so I default to optimism and won't say EA. )

Edited by Karkais

Googling this I can't find it anywhere. I'm not going to say that you're lying but I'd like to see your source that they have been "Taking polls" and "are considering making it canon."

Much of the Expanded Universe has become canon as of recently, and after I heard about the "Legends" change, I made a mental checklist of things I wanted to see put into the official story. On that list remains two major things:

Revan and Thrawn.

Source?

If SWTOR is made canon, then so is KOTOR, TSL, and TOTJ.

Oh, and if it's canon, get ready to have canon editions of all 8 classes.

Actually i think they are starting with making kotor canon first... just what is probobly gonna happen . start off the 300 years ago. and branch out to this time who . just guessing. if you look on the Star wars. com main website they even have kotor on there now. and the whole revan action figure by disney/hasbro even says more. so i really hope they do something. I think they have a plan they just havent said yet what theyr gonna do. im sure they have tons of ideas to bring kotor/swtor to the canon verse so we will see. thx for the replies

Hasbro occasionally canvases via polling on which decides their next action figure.

http://www.starwars.com/news/poll-vote-for-the-next-star-wars-the-black-series-6-inch-figure

I'm fairly certain this doesn't have anything to do with making something Canon.

Well it doesnt hurt. and there is one thing that is certain. when disney took over Star Wars They wanted Swtor shut down , they werent going to renew the IP . but they came to an agreement. and i think thats what this expansion is. and the future content. its my opinion and i think its pretty likely.. Star wars is disneys biggest cash cow at. just bsides the Marvel universe. but they wouldnt of renewed the IP for swtor if they didnt come to some agree or find something or some to eventually impliment Swtor/kotor into the canon. or the anthology books. comics.

Source?

What source for what? That disney wasnt going to renew the IP then they suddenly were on board . or the Revan action figure sanctioned by disney, cause if anyone has bought any of the new Star wars Black series 6 inch action figures. they are all canon characters... and Revan is being made.. it just seems like a tease... i read it in the Star wars magazine... believe what you want

Edited by Foreignobjects

selling non canon star wars merchandise does NOT equal making something canon

Not only that but speculation / rumors are bad.

Also stop typing in green, it makes my eyes bleed.

They wouldnt make or add a character that isnt apart of theyre universe in some way specially a black series one. the new Force awakens/Black series. stuff. is definetly canon or related to the actual star wars canon/lore. there is a obi wan from ep 3. thers a han solo. chewbacca. Kylo Ren. Reyy and fin.. and more and soon revan. it just seems to much of a Coincidence that, disney is starting to have a say and input in this game.. and they are doing action figures now... cause if you havent noticed.. The action figures and toy memorabilia is a HUGE part of the star wars marketing. they wouldnt make a revan black series. if it was just a WHAT IF. action figure. sorry would have made one post but i replied to several. as i said in the previous reply thers always someone that either says that "NO SOURCE NOT HAPPENING" or "HASBRO MAKES FIGURES ALOT" this is different. i appreitate your input but pick up the star wars magazines from the last couple months. check out. the IP renewals for Games in the last year. DIsney even Renewed Star wars galaxies IP to Daybreak aka SOE. but thats just so no one else will make a game with the similar name dunno why they did that. and at first they did not Renew the IP it took a Discussion and this new expansion was helped by disney. and as i said... disney even stated they helped and had the last say on the targruta species .

if you remember when they released that rediculous cathar w/e cat guy species.. they said they werent going to release aliens with lakuu type heads cause of the clipping but disney insisted im sure... cause not to get off subject im really glad they released the targruta and not some dumb made up species again.. but CHEERS, sorry for typos AT work typing fast and bad

What source for what? That disney wasnt going to renew the IP then they suddenly were on board . or the Revan action figure sanctioned by disney, cause if anyone has bought any of the new Star wars Black series 6 inch action figures. they are all canon characters... and Revan is being made.. it just seems like a tease... i read it in the Star wars magazine... believe what you want

"I find your lack of source disturbing..." /rodianforcechoke

thanks for making it clear that this Canon-talk is speculation based on the Revan figure release - I think that was the main issue people had with this Good News.

Canon or not, it's cool that they're making the fig!

Well it doesnt hurt. and there is one thing that is certain. when disney took over Star Wars They wanted Swtor shut down , they werent going to renew the IP . but they came to an agreement. and i think thats what this expansion is. and the future content. its my opinion and i think its pretty likely.. Star wars is disneys biggest cash cow at. just bsides the Marvel universe. but they wouldnt of renewed the IP for swtor if they didnt come to some agree or find something or some to eventually impliment Swtor/kotor into the canon. or the anthology books. comics.

They never wanted SWTOR to shut down as far as I'm aware. They just called it non-canon. Disney has stated straight up that SWTOR is Non-Canon. They used those words specifically. They said they don't want to change bioware's universe. They made it very clear they don't see it as the same thing.

Edited by Rhyltran

They never wanted SWTOR to shut down as far as I'm aware. They just called it non-canon. Disney has stated straight up that SWTOR is Non-Canon. They used those words specifically. They said they don't want to change bioware's universe. They made it very clear they don't see it as the same thing.

all im saying is... it is more likely to become canon then not to be. then it was when disney first bought star wars. little things are happening. thats all im saying , and disney does have some creative input for the game we play now. i know they had for the targruta specifications before it released. i just think its funny after they released that god awful cathar or w/e cat fo bothan species they said they werent going to release any more lekuu type species that would clip armor. but after disney buys it they release the targruta, also heard from a couple people that disney helped with the expansion. things are changing for the better is all i mean. hate on me for not having the exact sentenses , i have a magazine in front of me with the whole revan thing which isnt a big deal. but , ur stupid if u think disney doesnt wanto have anything to do with the old replublic they are just worried about The force awakens atm and sorting out the canon for the prequals to the newer movie canon atm. after "TFA" comes out, they'l probobly start donig more. just guessing ..

all im saying is... it is more likely to become canon then not to be. then it was when disney first bought star wars. little things are happening. thats all im saying , and disney does have some creative input for the game we play now. i know they had for the targruta specifications before it released. i just think its funny after they released that god awful cathar or w/e cat fo bothan species they said they werent going to release any more lekuu type species that would clip armor. but after disney buys it they release the targruta, also heard from a couple people that disney helped with the expansion. things are changing for the better is all i mean. hate on me for not having the exact sentenses , i have a magazine in front of me with the whole revan thing which isnt a big deal. but , ur stupid if u think disney doesnt wanto have anything to do with the old replublic they are just worried about The force awakens atm and sorting out the canon for the prequals to the newer movie canon atm. after "TFA" comes out, they'l probobly start donig more. just guessing ..

Since they'd only be getting a cut of whatever the game makes now, not the initial deal, I doubt Disney care one way or the other. The game's that far removed from the movies' timeline, it doesn't need to be canon because "never the twain shall meet."

Wait a few years and see their response to EA's deal nearing expiration, before assigning importance to merchandise.