The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Heat management AP PT post 4.0

Musevisa

Not sure why, but after 4.0 I'm having problems with heat management that I didn't have pre 4.0.

Anyone else notice?

I've had the same impression after switching my VG & PT to Tactics/Advanced Prototype DpS from tanking.

It seems you now have to fit in a lot more Rapid Shots/Hammer Shots to avoid resource depletion.

I'm glad you brought this up because I was feeling the same this past week. I ran a very high alacrity build pre-4.0 though so I thought maybe they either bugged or altered the resource regen from it. It seems like I have to weave in an extra hammer shot every couple rotations. Probably just in my head though.

Also running a 8% alacrity build after 4.0 and it works very well.

In 5x 216 set-bonus + 1x 220 set- bonus, 220 offhand and 216 mainhand, 220 implants and earpiece + old 198 relics.

750 alacrity

1085 Crit

2431 power

5153 mastery

691 accuracy

First test on dummy gave 5938 dps, and no heat management problem.

750 alacrity

1085 Crit

2431 power

5153 mastery

691 accuracy

First test on dummy gave 5938 dps, and no heat management problem.

Ive been running with a very similar set up, yet im still running into massive heat issues, in terms of dummy parses im sitting pretty even around 6k til around 20% then I just burn out. What I dont get is how RS makes up around 5-6% of my dmg but im still over heating. I try to compare to other parses and they have such low rapid shot values which confuses me.

I too have noticed extra Rapid Shots uses in my rotation. BUT. My APM has also jumped quite a bit. It appears that the 3.X APM issue I had has dropped significantly, so that's the cause of the higher resource consumption Edited by TACeMossie

There always been a bug on heat ventilation, try by yourself : do a flame sweep (costs 15), wait, sometimes the heat will go like 15 ; 11 ; 6 ; 1 ; 0 instead of 15 ; 10 ; 5 ; 0.

Seems like they changed how alacrity works in 4.0 as before 4.0 1.58% alac were enough to fix that, that's not the case anymore.

I too have noticed extra Rapid Shots uses in my rotation. BUT. My APM has also jumped quite a bit. It appears that the 3.X APM issue I had has dropped significantly, so that's the cause of the higher resource consumption

I second the extra rapid shot useage. i have notice dive had to use it a bit more since 4.0 dropped, maybe a silent nerf was in effect?

4.0 makes old fights relevant which are very low in AOE to set off Close and Personal which generates 2 resources up to every 3s.

On the other hand the newer instances have gratuitous aoe and even dots which act as AOE to set it off (hello cora).

what is "close and personal". I don't see it or anything resembling this in the passives or utility for this spec.

what is "close and personal". I don't see it or anything resembling this in the passives or utility for this spec.

Its a passive for PTs in general. The VG equivalent is "Into the Fray". Its in the list of abilities for a VG/PT from level 10 onwards.

Basically, your energy shield/reactive shield will last an extra 3 seconds (15 secs from 12), and every time you get AoEd you heal for 2.5% of your max health and vent 2 heat/generate 2 energy. The second effect can only happen every 3 seconds, and can also be talented to cause elemental damage to the person who did the AoE so long as they are within 10m (Reflexive Armor).

Its a passive for PTs in general. The VG equivalent is "Into the Fray". Its in the list of abilities for a VG/PT from level 10 onwards.

Basically, your energy shield/reactive shield will last an extra 3 seconds (15 secs from 12), and every time you get AoEd you heal for 2.5% of your max health and vent 2 heat/generate 2 energy. The second effect can only happen every 3 seconds, and can also be talented to cause elemental damage to the person who did the AoE so long as they are within 10m (Reflexive Armor).

ah.

my vanguard been 50 since december 2011 so some of these changes are escaping me unless they are blatantly obvious