Grade 1 Archaeology Fibrous Nylite Solution Mission Gives Thermoionic Gel Suspension

Erisceres

Patch: 4.0a

Archaeology skill: 139

Crew mission: Slaves of Begeren (Grade 1 Archaeology)

Crew member: 2V-R8

Expected material return: Fibrous Nylite Solution (as described in the mission description)

Observed material return: Thermoionic Gel Suspension

I've sent 2V-R8 on the Grade 1 Archaeology Crew Skill Mission 'Slaves of Begeren' twice.

Each time, 2V-R8 returned with a number of Thermoionic Gel Suspension.

'Slaves of Begeren' is supposed to give a number of Fibrous Nylite Solution.

I have not been able to obtain Fibrous Nylite Solution through the Archaeology Crew Skill Mission 'Slaves of Begeren'.

Edited by Erisceres

Further testing to help provide a better understanding of the bug:

Archaeology skill: 141

Crew mission: Slaves of Begeren (Grade 1 Archaeology)

Crew member: Khem Val

Expected material return: Fibrous Nylite Solution (as described in the mission description)

Crew mission: Pilgrimage (Grade 2 Archaeology)

Crew member: 2V-R8

Expected material return: Thermoionic Gel Suspension (as described in the mission description)

Edited by Erisceres

Got something similar with Bioanalysis Medical Equipment Mission

It seems there's some typos in the window with the name of the material they return.

Don't choose a mission because it says Bountiful Yield : Grade 4 or Fibrous Nylite Solution or whatever, choose it because you selected the Grade you really wanted.

I have a mission saying Grade 4 but I know it's not going to give me Grade 4 but instead Grade 2 because I choose in the list the Grade 2 missions

Got something similar with Bioanalysis Medical Equipment Mission

It seems there's some typos in the window with the name of the material they return.

Don't choose a mission because it says Bountiful Yield : Grade 4 or Fibrous Nylite Solution or whatever, choose it because you selected the Grade you really wanted.

I have a mission saying Grade 4 but I know it's not going to give me Grade 4 but instead Grade 2 because I choose in the list the Grade 2 missions

It may be that there are typos in some of the Crew Skill Missions, but the bug reported here doesn't reflect typos being the issue.

For instance, the Grade 1 Archaeology mission 'Slaves of Begeren' should yield Fibrous Nylite Solution and says that it does in the mission description. Instead, it yields Thermoionic Gel Suspension. This is the root of the bug.

The Grade 2 Archaeology mission 'Pilgrimage' should yield Thermoionic Gel Suspension and says that it does in the mission description. It does yield Thermoionic Gel Suspension, which is correct.

So, the issue is that the Grade 1 Archaeology mission 'Slaves of Begeren' is yielding an incorrect crafting material, Thermoionic Gel Suspension instead of Fibrous Nylite Solution.

If there is a typo in one of the Bioanalysis Medical Equipment missions then I would report it as a separate bug. The effects and area of gameplay might be similar, but the causing factor would be different - a typo instead of an actual incorrect yield.

I would recommend reporting this bug in a separate thread if it hasn't already been done so.

Well, I already made a ticket but still think it's the same bug.

With 4.0, they moved where each grade starts and stops, the text in the crew skill window says something but the engine behind gives something else. For some, the text is right and the engine wrong, for others missions the text is wrong and the engine right...

There is a similar problem with Salvaging missions for the fluxes. Grade 4 missions give Blazing fluxes instead of Thermofluxes and Thermofluxes are unobtainable right now except from the Vendor NPCs

I had the same issue.

Also, slightly related, but all of the white crafting materials but those for archaeology show their grade in the tooltip. The white archaeology ones don't, they just say "Crafting Material".

• 2 weeks later...

This issue still exists. Has anyone gotten a proper droid response?

I've sent in two tickets over the past 2-3 weeks and no fix.

First response told me to reset the mission. IT's a Crew Skill Mission not a quest.

Second response said that this was a bug and they couldn't help me but that it would be passed on to the bug report log.

What is going on with the customer support for this game???

I was really hoping this would be resolved in the patch. It's disappointing that it is not. I'd rather not have to keep going to fleet to restock those materials, and having to pay a much higher price than I would if I were to just do the mission instead.

Fibrous Nylite Solution costs 10 credits each, and the mission costs 295 credits to run, so in order for it to be cheaper to run the mission than buy from the vendor, it would have to return at least 30, and it never returned anywhere near that many. Thermoionic Gel Suspension, on the other hand, costs 50 credits each, so the mission only has to return 6 to be cost-effective, and it returns way more than that.

This is a bug, and they'll probably "fix" it, but it's so much better in its current state than it will be when it's corrected.

Also, why keep going to Fleet? There are crew skill vendors on almost every planet after the starters, and if you get the fully-upgraded Field Repair Droid legacy perk, it also acts as a crew skill vendor.

• 2 weeks later...
Fibrous Nylite Solution costs 10 credits each, and the mission costs 295 credits to run, so in order for it to be cheaper to run the mission than buy from the vendor, it would have to return at least 30, and it never returned anywhere near that many. Thermoionic Gel Suspension, on the other hand, costs 50 credits each, so the mission only has to return 6 to be cost-effective, and it returns way more than that.

This is a bug, and they'll probably "fix" it, but it's so much better in its current state than it will be when it's corrected.

Also, why keep going to Fleet? There are crew skill vendors on almost every planet after the starters, and if you get the fully-upgraded Field Repair Droid legacy perk, it also acts as a crew skill vendor.

Thanks for the awesome info!