Exp is FINE Companions are FINE

RogerApple

I see threads like "Too much EXP" I'm worried Bioware might somehow think they think for a majority of the fans. We have tried it the way most of you have played the endless grinding. The slow experience. What was the result of that been. It's been very bad for business.

Now you want go back to failed business model that caused this game to go under a million subs. That to people is the smart route. Lets remind people why they did this in the first place. It's because many people who been here since beta didn't like it. They quit. Now you want re-turn us to the slow grind we come to know and hate...because YOU don't like the new experience.

Companions are an option. No one is forcing you to play with them. In fact you can "dismiss companion" you don't have to play with them at all. I don't get why some people want it removed for EVERYONE even though they have an option to just not play with it. It's like "If I don't get it my way I want ruin it for everyone else"

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Companions are an option. No one is forcing you to play with them. In fact you can "dismiss companion" you don't have to play with them at all. I don't get why some people want it removed for EVERYONE even though they have an option to just not play with it. It's like "If I don't get it my way I want ruin it for everyone else"

I'm not arguing for or against how the companions are now...but the above is the absolute worst and extremely ignorant response to people who believe that they are too OP now.

Edited by VitalityPrime

I'm not arguing for or against how the companions are now...but the above is the absolute worst and ignorant response to people who believe that they are too OP now.

I'm sure you are not the first person to say that to someone or won't be the last. Hands off my experience and companions. Thank you.

I'm sure you are not the first person to say that to someone or won't be the last. Hands off my experience and companions. Thank you.

You state...

It's like "If I don't get it my way I want ruin it for everyone else"

Using that phrase to identify the people who are saying companions are too OP...while in the same sentence, you tell them that they can just go without companions if you think they are too OP. So basically...you're saying you want to ruin it for them, so that you can keep what you want. It's very hypocritical.

I can see arguments for both sides...but saying that those people should just dismiss and not play with their companions is indeed absurd.

So the thing is the people who already did everything like datacrons , all 8 story ext have huge presence boost , and for them they think the companions are to strong because outside of the influence grind they have already obtained most of the boosts and are effectively playing with an end game strength comp right off because of bonus.

Now they want it nerfed because its "to strong" but the reality is for most of us newer players or people who did not do all those grinds the companions are only super strong after you give them about 75 k influence.

Please do not nerf the companions based on people who logged in and already had the ultra strong companion the rest of us are trying to work on getting. It is not your fault you had already done all the grinds , but also please stop trying to take away the rest of our ability to get the uber companion because we still have things to work on , when you had already done everything.

You state...

Using that phrase to identify the people who are saying companions are too OP...while in the same sentence, you tell them that they can just go without companions if you think they are too OP. So basically...you're saying you want to ruin it for them, so that you can keep what you want. It's very hypocritical.

I can see arguments for both sides...but saying that those people should just dismiss and not play with their companions is indeed absurd.

Because for three years you had it your way. It's resulted in less a million subs. People who came to work for Bioware re-locating being fired. I have seen the results of your plan and it is very very bad for business. If they want change it back to what it was. Then by all means. You won't have nearly as many people to play with.

The thing is its OPTIONAL to play with Companions. It's not forced on you. You can easily select "dismiss companion" as far the experience. They could add something in game for a vendor who people who really dislike it.. But to disable it for everyone right now. Is going to make leveling a massive pain.

All those subs are coming back because the game is more fun. What is to hard to understand that grinding for hours is not fun. That your companion being killed easily is not fun. Let us try it this way at least a month because you complain its the worst thing ever. The only difference from the two sides. We seen the results of slow experience gain and it hasn't been good.

The ones who want them nerfed are such a small minority it's insane, believe me complainers are loud and that can feel like there is many of them, but there isn't.

They are definitely "loud"...but I don't think their concerns over this are completely unwarranted. They definitely don't deserve "just dismiss your companions" as a response, as if it's a valid response.

Edited by VitalityPrime

They are definitely "loud"...but I don't think their concerns over this are completely unwarranted. They definitely don't deserve "just dismiss your companions" as a response, as if it's a valid response.

What should be the reaction a wide across the planet nerf for EVERYONE because a few small people don't like it personally for them. So everyone needs to get a nerf because a few people don't want "dismiss their companions" then they want to complain their companions are tooo OP while doing nothing to keep them out of the fight...sounds a bit silly.

Can companions die now? Mine is practically invincible in dps mode, near invulnerable as a tank and is actually completely unkillable as a healer. I've pulled entire dungeons of bad guys including 10 silver and 2 gold and my healer did not die.

Yes they can. Some of the HRs. Also before 4.0 my companions rarely died. Just a few things. If you don't want your companion uber then keep the influence down. Also I play D3 ROS which has level sink. Both ways but I notice the players gear has little influence when he/she is dropped down in SWTOR. In ROS it makes a big difference. It's just what it looks like to me.

Edited by well

With level sync the XP is fine, since it doesn't matter, it is rather intentional, so people can get fast through the game to the elder content with new characters, and with having level 60 directly available via the cartel market, there is really no reason to go back and make level slow again.

I think most people complaining about Combainions being to strong just have too much Presence on the characters, and probably quite some influence on the compainions, so before complaining maybe go to a different server and play with all the presence there and do not buy your compainions gifts? Also, since compainions are not in any meaningful elder game content (PvP or Operations), so it really doesn't matter how strong they get.

So the thing is the people who already did everything like datacrons , all 8 story ext have huge presence boost , and for them they think the companions are to strong because outside of the influence grind they have already obtained most of the boosts and are effectively playing with an end game strength comp right off because of bonus.

Now they want it nerfed because its "to strong" but the reality is for most of us newer players or people who did not do all those grinds the companions are only super strong after you give them about 75 k influence.

Please do not nerf the companions based on people who logged in and already had the ultra strong companion the rest of us are trying to work on getting. It is not your fault you had already done all the grinds , but also please stop trying to take away the rest of our ability to get the uber companion because we still have things to work on , when you had already done everything.

This is a great point, I didn't even think about the datecorn and in the past many of them were pointless so you getting even more of a buff now. I agree they don't need to nerf the companions or the xp, there are enough grinds already. We don't need them harder or longer. If people want a challenge, they shouldn't wear top end gear or should put there companion on passive, easy already in game fix for those looking for more of a challenge.

Edited by TheSeer

Yes they can. Some of the HRs. Also before 4.0 my companions rarely died. Just a few things. If you don't want your companion uber then keep the influence down. Also I play D3 ROS which has level sink. Both ways but I notice the players gear has little influence when he/she is dropped down in SWTOR. In ROS it makes a big difference. It's just what it looks like to me.

How do you keep influence down when one conversation got me 1800 influence with one and 800 with all the others. Sure it was the end of a planet convo, but there are lots of those in the game.

I used to throw gift after gift at my companions, now I just sell them. I started this patch at level 36 with most of my companions with sub 2000 affection, by level 42 all my companions except the one I only just got are at level 9 influence or above, Elara is at lvl 17 just through questing with me. By the time I hit the end of chapter 3 I have no idea how high it will be.

With level sync the XP is fine, since it doesn't matter, it is rather intentional, so people can get fast through the game to the elder content with new characters, and with having level 60 directly available via the cartel market, there is really no reason to go back and make level slow again.

I think most people complaining about Combainions being to strong just have too much Presence on the characters, and probably quite some influence on the compainions, so before complaining maybe go to a different server and play with all the presence there and do not buy your compainions gifts? Also, since compainions are not in any meaningful elder game content (PvP or Operations), so it really doesn't matter how strong they get.

How about you don't tell me how to play please? Thanks.

Yes, unlike you I put effort to both max out my presence and bring my comps to 10k affection mark, which now transformed indo tier 10 influence. What do I get for it? Something so powerful it makes solo gameplay boring. AND it manages to be completely useless in any serious content at the same time. Becouse all FP are now hardmode, duh. Yes, I can turn off companion, but then what's the point in even having one? It's broken, and no amount of your "it's fine" BS can change that fact.

Seriously, if you won't nerf companions, at least allow us to turn off the tonns of presence we accumulated. Shouldn't have bothered...

Someone make a list of all the usernames that don't like companions in 4.0 and are asking for a nerf. Submit that list to bioware.

Bioware just needs to apply a permanent debuff on every player that complained about companions being OP. This debuff reduces companion hp, and mastery. GG

If they don't like the debuff then STOP TROLLING the community, stop asking for something nobody in their right mind wants.

Edited by Falensawino

How about you don't tell me how to play please? Thanks.

Yes, unlike you I put effort to both max out my presence and bring my comps to 10k affection mark, which now transformed indo tier 10 influence. What do I get for it? Something so powerful it makes solo gameplay boring. AND it manages to be completely useless in any serious content at the same time. Becouse all FP are now hardmode, duh. Yes, I can turn off companion, but then what's the point in even having one? It's broken, and no amount of your "it's fine" BS can change that fact.

Seriously, if you won't nerf companions, at least allow us to turn off the tonns of presence we accumulated. Shouldn't have bothered...

That's the thing. You have an option to turn it off to dismiss your companion. The only other way to change this is to strip companions of their buffs. You'd rather make everyone get stripped of their buff then play without a companion.

Thing is some people like the change that the influence on your companion makes them stronger. I would support your idea if it left some option to keep buff on the companion. Telling them to strip it from EVERYONE because you don't like it and you refuse to dismiss your companion. We don't the same option to "keep buff on or off" you at least have a choice to play with or without your companion.

I feel like a broken record. We tried it several years the hard way. The result was pretty bad. This place almost a ghost town before this expansion. Now you want go back to making the gamer harder..

How do you keep influence down when one conversation got me 1800 influence with one and 800 with all the others. Sure it was the end of a planet convo, but there are lots of those in the game.

I used to throw gift after gift at my companions, now I just sell them. I started this patch at level 36 with most of my companions with sub 2000 affection, by level 42 all my companions except the one I only just got are at level 9 influence or above, Elara is at lvl 17 just through questing with me. By the time I hit the end of chapter 3 I have no idea how high it will be.

Mine are max at 10 so for me it isn't problem. Going up thru the planets I could see where it would be. I been doing the new chapters and haven't done much on planet to planet.

The ones who want them nerfed are such a small minority it's insane, believe me complainers are loud and that can feel like there is many of them, but there isn't.

No one here is in any position to determine who the majority or minority is on various issues. So stop passing things off like you have polled the games population.

You are here to voice your concerns, not put words into others mouths or pass off your opinion as some sort of gospel.

I see threads like "Too much EXP" I'm worried Bioware might somehow think they think for a majority of the fans. We have tried it the way most of you have played the endless grinding. The slow experience. What was the result of that been. It's been very bad for business.

Now you want go back to failed business model that caused this game to go under a million subs. That to people is the smart route. Lets remind people why they did this in the first place. It's because many people who been here since beta didn't like it. They quit. Now you want re-turn us to the slow grind we come to know and hate...because YOU don't like the new experience.

Very refreshing to see a positive thread. I can't tell you how much it looked like the world was falling down when 4.0 launched, not to mention all of the announcement before that...Love the new changes. My only complaint is that because I did not qualify for Early access I have almost no incentive to play this game until 10/27 as that is all I want my characters to do. All in all a very progressive update.

Silly rabbit...

i got my butt kicked on Makeb with my comp. I died 4 times on a heroic. They are not invincible. You can be overpowered if playing with the comp in dps mode. Tank mode is the next weakest and heal mode..well... yeah. heals are op but you're basically fighting by yourself and everything takes forever.