The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Best update since launch

TonyTricicolo

"Challenging".

Lol.

I do agree, its quite a challenge to pay attention to the game rather than a movie on Netflix now.

My problem is that I play with my dog while my companion kills mobs.

I do have to refocus to loot from time to time. If in a future update BW could have my companions autoloot for me, it would be so nice.

I ignore any comments from either side that claim to speak for anyone other than themselves. However, I must note that the negative comments seem a bit more, hmmm, desperate is probably a good word to describe them at the moment.

I'm just happy to see that positive comments, at least by unique posters, seem to be in the majority for the moment. It is a nice change of pace.

Anger and jealousy, unfortunately.

To start, I am insulted they threw this rehashed junk at me.

Then I am mad at the crap alliance / classic convo nonsense - big step backward

Then I am mad at the total lack of interaction while the story plays out.

The sound and video quality of the whole thing looks like something from the 90s.

The 3d artwork is AWFUL. I could look past the nightmare than is the Lana model for SoR, but now that high school C- project is my companion.

But then , to top it off, my wife loves it. other people are gobbling what I think to be absolute **** and an insult up and declaring it the best thing since sliced bread.

But, some people love the Twilight movies so.. what can you do other than vent?

So I know it isn't going to change. the only playable star wars game is no longer fun for me.

Intelligent stories? don't need em.

Challenging combat? don't need it.

Social game play? no one wants it.

So, to sum up, I am angry I feel it is ****ed up so bad, and jealous my wife is still enjoying it.

I am jealous of the people that have the ability to ignore the quality and just have fun with it

Mainstream entertainment, whether its TV, Movies, Board Games, or video games, are all being dumbed down for the plebs. There is no way out of it, its all about the money. I gave up on TV, I just let the drivel play when I need to kill time.

It is both a blessing and a curse this phenomenon has reached video games. Gaming is now mainstream, but unfortunately now we have to deal with where the biggest source of money is.

I find it amusing how the champions of level sync claim it makes the game challenging and old content relevant again. Where as I agree, it's nice to go back and do old stuff and be rewarded experience relative to your level..... there is no challenge present in any of the heroics, story, or exploration quests I've faced.

Hell, I did a tactical flashpoint with 1 other person and our 2 companions as healers, with TERRIBLE gear, and we never once came close to dying. Not once. All it took was time.

Besides, once your max level, which I think everyone agrees, happens FAST. What makes all that old content relevant again? Legacy Exp?

I find it amusing how the champions of level sync claim it makes the game challenging and old content relevant again. Where as I agree, it's nice to go back and do old stuff and be rewarded experience relative to your level..... there is no challenge present in any of the heroics, story, or exploration quests I've faced.

This has been the case for few years now. After Makeb, Bioware completely removed challenge as game element from everybody who doesn't do ( hard mode) raids. Imagine your grandmother playing video games. Imagine her trying TOR for 1st time. This is the person to whom content has been designed. Challenging content, gameplay that would actually require you to learn something, or fights that'd need you to 'notice' something and do something right..these are not things majority of people playing post-Makeb TOR will ever find. At all.

Level synch is a great indea..

...but only if it results in content that is somehow..meaningful. Stuff that'd actually require you to do something right, besides getting to right instance. It doesn't.

Thing thats gets me about the level snych cry babies-

The only difference now, from when it wasnt around is you ag the mobs, their still face roll easy to kill and the best part of it is you now get some rewards.

So cry more, wonder if Cry-moar is even playing this game

LMFAO. Man you must be blind. hahahahahahahaha. This update is the biggest joke since launch. Glad you and the few like it. Theres a hell of a lot more players who disagree with you

Where's all your supporters?? Just because there's a few people who dislike bugs doesn't mean they dislike the entire update.

Bugs will be patched and things will be balanced in time.

I for one loved the story and majority of the update.

Anger and jealousy, unfortunately.

To start, I am insulted they threw this rehashed junk at me.

Then I am mad at the crap alliance / classic convo nonsense - big step backward

Then I am mad at the total lack of interaction while the story plays out.

The sound and video quality of the whole thing looks like something from the 90s.

The 3d artwork is AWFUL. I could look past the nightmare than is the Lana model for SoR, but now that high school C- project is my companion.

But then , to top it off, my wife loves it. other people are gobbling what I think to be absolute **** and an insult up and declaring it the best thing since sliced bread.

But, some people love the Twilight movies so.. what can you do other than vent?

So I know it isn't going to change. the only playable star wars game is no longer fun for me.

Intelligent stories? don't need em.

Challenging combat? don't need it.

Social game play? no one wants it.

So, to sum up, I am angry I feel it is ****ed up so bad, and jealous my wife is still enjoying it.

I am jealous of the people that have the ability to ignore the quality and just have fun with it

Mainstream entertainment, whether its TV, Movies, Board Games, or video games, are all being dumbed down for the plebs. There is no way out of it, its all about the money. I gave up on TV, I just let the drivel play when I need to kill time.

It is both a blessing and a curse this phenomenon has reached video games. Gaming is now mainstream, but unfortunately now we have to deal with where the biggest source of money is.

You should try and enjoy it for what it is, especially since your wife enjoys it :p

While I agree with much of what you said I still enjoy playing now and again. I don't view SWTOR, and haven't since shortly after release, as a challenging game with great end game and PvP. Heck my first Imperial Guild was hardcore PvP and they are all gone except me. My first Republic guild was hardcore PVE and there may be a couple of those folks left.

II did hold out hope for some time that there would be major engine upgrades and changes, but it is obvious that isn't going to happen. Heck even the game developers have admitted that the current engine isn't capable of doing much of what they'd like to do.

I look to SWTOR just for a few hours of relaxation when I'm not playing something else and feel it works great for that purpose. If the current changes attract enough people so that the game continues and I can enjoy my few hours a week relaxation, I'm good with that.

Bravo Bioware! Job well done! Despite minor glitches and the occasional lag, I haven't had this much fun since the beginning.

That's how I felt, too. Then I finished chapter 9 and saw what is left outside of the nice new story and great cutscenes.

The actual KotFE is awesome. But what they did to Swtor is - in my opinion - an absolute nightmare in many ways (all of them have been mentioned in various threads here, so I spare everyone repeating it). For the third day in a row, I had to log off before I finished what I wanted to do. I just couldn't stand it anymore. Right now, I became one of those people who prefer to read the boards rather than being in the game.

The good thing is: I have much more time for other recreational activities now. Went for an Autumn walk to the nearby lake today. It was very nice. :)

Where's all your supporters?? Just because there's a few people who dislike bugs doesn't mean they dislike the entire update.

Bugs will be patched and things will be balanced in time.

I for one loved the story and majority of the update.

Read all the *********** threads for christ sake. Are you that damn blind? Barely anyone is ************ about bugs. People are ************ about this joke of an update. I havent played the story, and isnt what i have an issue with. Its the new game mechanics

....But then , to top it off, my wife loves it. other people are gobbling what I think to be absolute **** and an insult up and declaring it the best thing since sliced bread.

LOL, I'm lucky, my wife hated the expansion and unsubbed, so I and rest of my family followed suit.

My condolences to you.

Edited by WingsofCrystal