Shifting high level players to lower levels

wowskyrim

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are not 65 but but are 17/18 on coruscant and for their efforts get synced back. The incentive to level and do it on your own has gone

There's still plenty of reason to level up, and for people on Coruscant, they are unlikely to notice any difference between how it is now, and how it was then.

But even when you're 30+ levels over a given planet it's still not bad. You don't lose any of your abilities and can pretty much stream roll over everything on the planet.

I mostly play this game on my own and really enjoyed running through flashpoints or side quests in my down time from previous planets.

Exactly what could you do before you can't do now?

You can do most of the FP's solo even with level sync, and now they actually give you XP. You can still do heroic 2+ without any issue. You can do side missions as well if not better than before.

This is a dumb addition to the MMO swtor game it ruins it for us high lvl players that have perks of being the higher lvl now lvl means nothing and a lot of people will start Quicking this game because it will not be fun anymore BIO WARE plz plz Fix this

totally agree. The whole levelsync sucks. No more heroic 55 flashpoint to solo for fun. I really don't understand why Bioware did this. I like the new story but the levelsync is the baddest decision ever.

I agree this is such a bad idea it ruins the fun in the game I hope bio ware fixes this we need to ask them about this guys

This is a dumb addition to the MMO swtor game it ruins it for us high lvl players that have perks of being the higher lvl now lvl means nothing and a lot of people will start Quicking this game because it will not be fun anymore BIO WARE plz plz Fix this
What perks are you losing? And who are these lot of people?:confused:

I don't understand any of Bioware's recent decisions. Is it an attempt to smooth out the mmo features of this game to make it more rpg?? Why would someone who's run Balmorra a thousand times and has 8 level 60s suddenly decide "Oh!! Yay!! Now I can take my level 55 sentinel and go back to Balmorra to get xp because, you know, I wasn't sick of it at all. Oh wait! I can simply stay on Hutta & level 1-65 now because I love Hutta so much I just want to stay there."

On the one hand, Bioware wants everyone to feel epically heroic with its story-line of "lowly smuggler saves Galaxy" but on the other hand they take away that same epicness by expecting a level 65 Sith Lord to want to return to Tatooine to kick wamp rat *** for a level 29 blaster?? Ya ok, I'd hazard a guess that 90% of the gaming population won't be doing that, 90% of the population only went back to lower level content to farm stuff they need.

The only players I could see this benefitting is all those players that came back specifically for the x12xp & missed all the planetary content & now that they all reached level 60 in a week & reached level 65 in an afternoon, "they may want to go back and actually play the mmo features of the game".

The master/apprentice feature actually only helps a very low percentage of players. Most friends join games together & level together. It's pretty rare someone will play a game for 2yrs before his buddies jump aboard. If a more experienced player really wants to level with a lowbie friend they usually just roll a new toon.

This game has just become a garbled mess, it went from a 50/50 mmo/rpg with modest re-playability to a 90/10 rpg/mmo stream-lined story with very little re-playability.

I couldn't agree more in regards to this entire Thread's posting. This is the MOST ridiculous change I have ever seen in SWTOR. :mad: The creation of this Level Syncing plays numerous roles in the game and I'm digging and racking my brain to figure out which of these the Developers prioritized first and why.

From my perspective it was done to allow and help low level players (especially new players.) to level up more quickly, and perhaps, just perhaps keep them from feeling like noobs when they see a lvl 60-(65) maul through a mob that took them several fights, medpacks, stims, etc. to do themselves.

My response to this would be "That is the bloody point!". For those of us who had to fight like hades to get to where we are, to look at our Legacy achievements with pride and feel good about all the hard work we've put in to our toons etc. It's like a huge slap in the face. Now I look at my Legacy Panel and I see all that work completed and think "And now a new player can jump to my lvl as quick as you blink and call themselves "Jedi Battle Master/Dark Council Elite."

Wasn't the introduction of the Legacy System (Which I love to death.) supposed to make your personal play experience feel, well... "Personalized"? Everything, from the Family Tree to the nitty gritty like killing X amount of NPC mobs on planet X, etc. has been made moot. I feel like my Legacy holds NO prestige now. The vast majority of new players I talk to in-game don't even know what the Legacy System is, or what Crafting is or how to do it. (Another thing spoiled by the update by crashing the "Stock Market" concept of the GTN by making all this once great gear you could craft for your Comps or for a friend worth nothing to other players).

I'm generally one of those players who likes to offer advice to newer players, help them out, join them in a difficult FP/Heroic if they ask for help, and so on. That part of our Community in TOR has been removed now apart from the endless, tiring, and, exhausting questions all these "I'm a brand new player at max-level! ... What is all this stuff, what do I do?" have. Why give that option to anyone who's going to jump headfirst into an ocean of questions and confusion? I'm primarily referring to players that Subscribe and create a lvl 60 player without much knowledge of how the game really works. This is a by-product of the Level Syncing as these players try to figure out what was once a progressive, and fun learning process.

They literally post on this site, OUR site as Community Members & People who Pay to Subscribe to "Show off your great achievements and rub it in your opponent's faces." (That's not verbatim but go read Leader Boards; it's darn close.) What do we have to "gloat" about now? Admittedly I did enjoy what the majority of people like to do: show off their Titles, Cartel Toys, etc. (Especially in PVP WZ's.)

The Developers (Who I hope troll these threads for our opinions because, they're "Constantly trying to make the game a more enjoyable play experience for players.") did this (In my opinion.) to draw in more players to the game for obvious reasons, but overlooked the consequences and opinions of thousands of players who are against this concept. The cold hard fact is that the majority of players do NOT like this change. I agree with the numerous comments that this should be made OPTIONAL. Here's a good suggestion: Allow Level Sync to be toggled on or off. Oh wait, it's already been suggested by hundreds of your committed players.

Completely removing this stupid change at this point would mar the concepts of numerous other changes they've made and the game would simply be non-functional. If they're actually listening to all of the complaints about this then it will be some time before they provide a solution.

I can understand wanting to give lower level players a bit of an edge so they can reach max lvl more quickly, and be able to compete with other's in PVP battles, Areas, and Entire PVP Servers (Which was already mentioned by another Player.), yadda, yadda, yadda, but they've basically created a problem for everyone. Part of leveling from 1-60 (now 65) is learning as you go. There are in-game tutorials for the basics and hundreds of thousands of players who are willing to offer help. Hence one of the concepts of joining a Guild. But, what do you do when all your toons on a server are at max level? The fun of "Exploring the Galaxy" and being a "Top Dog" player on a low-level world is ruined. The idea they planted of pumping up your Character to max level and being some sort of supreme player is now self-contradictory.

I used to enjoy that "Prestigious feeling" when a friend, or Guild mate at a lower lvl is on a Low-Level Planet and PM's me for help. I can provide knowledge on things I've previously worked on myself, but I can't help them (As easily as before.) get through, say a giant field on Balmorra to help them wipe out NPC mobs that are killing them off to help them reach wherever they're trying to go. Just one example.

The first time I went to a lower level planet and saw that disgusting indicator that I'd been leveled down... I logged off after running headfirst into a mob that nearly destroyed me. Something that I should be able to wipe out with one AOE Ability.

I'm left with a Legacy of toons that really aren't unique anymore, and the achievements in that Legacy aren't regarded as anything special anymore either. Everyone is the same player with exception to class running around doing the same things ALL at the same level. :rak_02:

I could not Agree more Bio ware has to change this its ruined the game for me and many others there should be a vote on this!!!! The legacy stystem is now dead moslty and swtor is boring with out the ablity to be OP

Yeah, this level shifting sucks. Should be an option, or enabled when I'm grouped with a lower level player, but getting aggro from trash mobs while I run around a low level planet at level 65 because I'm shifted down is crapfest and not fun.

Agreed FIX THIS BIO-WARE

I am absolutely opposed to this concept of level sync! Not only is it a very poor attempt at play balance, but it makes doing achievements that you had to by pass because it needed a full group to accomplish. If SW doesn't answer my comments in the help window in game I will delete my account & seek out a game that is more appropriate to the concept of an MMORPG - This game is following WoW and their stupidity of play balancing. That thought/concept made WoW a boring game. SW is now headed in the same direction.

This guy really makes me laugh. He complains about Level Sync, and how it doesn't allow him to Solo content that I have soloed many times at the appropriate level in quest green gear. The companions all got majorly buffed, and the Level Sync system is actually 100% awesome in my opinion. It really doesn't make anything too tough if you have a decent Influence level with your companions, and the companions got buffed so greatly, that I feel more like I'm the companion, even at high levels where I'm not Level Synced.

Then he complains that BioWare doesn't get the concept of a MMORPG? WHAT? I think you don't get the concept of a game is to have fun, and the point of playing a MMORPG is to GROUP up with other players. MMORPG means Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. That's multiplayer as in multiple players, as in NOT SOLO. The only "Play Balancing" that BioWare and Blizzard actually are doing is balancing classes so that there aren't only a few classes that people actually play. As a long time gamer, and a current Game Developer I applaud BioWare for everything that they have done with Knights of the Fallen Empire, this game is currently in a much better state. People need to just get over themselves and realize that sometimes change is a good thing.

Yeah, this level shifting sucks. Should be an option, or enabled when I'm grouped with a lower level player, but getting aggro from trash mobs while I run around a low level planet at level 65 because I'm shifted down is crapfest and not fun.

Actually it is optional, you don't have to go do the content on those planets which you out level, you can just stick to the high level planets which don't sync you down to their level.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with everyone that this level sync thing sucks like hell! Why would you want all the high level players, who took hours and hours, some of us even years to get to the max level, to drop down to the level of the new players. This means any low level player can take on a Darth....A LVL 10 CAN TAKE ON A DARTH!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE BIOWARE??? :mad: Also for all those players who are now running through this game with ease complaining "Oh its so hard to do", you will never understand what it was like to fight through everything, die a hundred times, ask for help from strangers to do Heroics and then you ask us why we are mad about this feature? Why would you do that?? Why would you make the countless tiring farming and leveling of us committed players for years, count for absolutely NOTHING!! I really really hope Bioware reads these things, because if they don't they are going to start to lose a lot of players due to this, trust me they will. It has become WoW, boring, useless, stupid WoW. I started playing this game 4 years ago BECAUSE it wasn't like WoW.

Unless EA has now bought Bioware, I fear for the developers right now. FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I think they should make an update for level shifting because it is completely stupid! I want to be able to do heroics 2+ by myself to get good armor but due to level shifting i cant... Also the fact that when i go to a lower level planet they lower my level.. They really need to change this! I love this game and it just makes me very upset

Is there no section that allows us to actually get the issue out to EA or Bioware? I decided to get back in to SWTOR and because I don't want to play half a game I paid for my subscription... Now the game is actually half as fun as I remember sadly as my companion can solo everything....

I decided to start a new character to be weak again and feel if it's any different but nope.. Companion kills everything.. I decided to farm to get to a decent level for a solo flashpoint just to get leveled back down to be "synced" ... Screw that.. I want to run the FP for gear and it takes me over an hour... Sub is gonna be cancelled again..

Honestly no decent mmorpg's left..

WHY do developers insist on changing what is actually perfect !

I agree with everyone that this level sync thing sucks like hell! Why would you want all the high level players, who took hours and hours, some of us even years to get to the max level, to drop down to the level of the new players. This means any low level player can take on a Darth....A LVL 10 CAN TAKE ON A DARTH!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE BIOWARE??? :mad: Also for all those players who are now running through this game with ease complaining "Oh its so hard to do", you will never understand what it was like to fight through everything, die a hundred times, ask for help from strangers to do Heroics and then you ask us why we are mad about this feature? Why would you do that?? Why would you make the countless tiring farming and leveling of us committed players for years, count for absolutely NOTHING!! I really really hope Bioware reads these things, because if they don't they are going to start to lose a lot of players due to this, trust me they will. It has become WoW, boring, useless, stupid WoW. I started playing this game 4 years ago BECAUSE it wasn't like WoW.

Unless EA has now bought Bioware, I fear for the developers right now. FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I'm quoting your entire submission to this thread, because your outrage is as red-hot as my original post-reply was; also, I STILL FEEL THE SAME WAY! How long do we have to complain, bi***, and moan, asking for help from the Devs, on what has truly become a pandemic in the SWTOR community before they do something?! ANYTHING?

JUST ALLOW IT TO BE OPTIONAL! There are literally hundreds of thousands of 'old-school' players who loathe, hate, despise, the lvl Sync. And, if they *are* trolling our forums to try to "Be of any assistance possible. -Protocol Droid 9Billion and 3." why in God's name can't they simply announce (Hope springs eternal...) that they're:

"Working on resolving the Level Sync, issue that has caused unimaginable, frustration, so now any one of our millions of Customers (to whom we'd like to thank for all of your money and support throughout our last half-decade decline in gameplay quality; that we've used to make SWTOR unique for 'each and every player!' as we slowly yet steadily shift what made the entire purpose of the Legacy System such a lovable success) can Toggle on or, yes! even off! the Level Sync! We thought it would be polite to tell the millions of our dedicated fans and players, who pay for our bills, house payments, car payments, grocery bills, electric bills, 3 story, palatial, estates (Even better than Karagga's you betcha!) and SO, SO, much more; that we've heard your protests against Lvl. Sync being a mandatory, non-changeable, function and that we will be actually doing something about it in the unpredictably, distant future. Rest assured that your frustration will soon be over and [WARNING! SERVERS ARE GOING OFFLINE IN 2 MINUTES! YOU'D BETTER FINISH THAT OP. YOU'VE BEEN WORKING ON FOR OVER AN HOUR, BECAUSE, I SAID SO! WARNING! PLEAASE FINISH YOUR 16M HM OP. AND LOG OUT!] that the initial ideals of creating an Immersive, realistic, game-play style, unique to each & every Player (Especially to the Chiss species, chosen players. We know how much you love 4 shades of Blue, BLUE, Bleu, and Blew-it.) will fall in line with all previous Advertising. Please, bear with us. We have a series of 70 update patch Repetitions, that will, and I seriously mean, WILL lead to a stalemate where we shall henceforth require that the entire gameplay UI be Re-configured again in the hopes that someday.. in a Galaxy Far Far Away we get it right.

We appreciate your continued frustration, money, and time, and promise to keep every Player VS Player Que Including but not limited to: Warzones, GSF, Group Finder, and Operations, to an absolute minimum 45 minute wait, alter all in-game currency from names, to colors, to soon-to-be ineligible hieroglyphs, and ensure that the newly created Protocol Droid 9 billion and 3 shall remain in-tact, at the ready, to reply to your every question, complaint, query, and need with all his proper, due, vague, dedication. Thank you for your continued patience. [WARNING ALL SERVERS WILL BE GOING OFFLINE IN ONE FOURTH OF A MICRO-SECOND. PLEASE FIN /\\||??!!????....."

*Coughs* :D

I meant to say a simple announcement on-site, that addresses the issue in *any way*; even if it be a disappointing answer. Some acknowledgment is better than none whatsoever. :mad: Do our inquiries go to an automated reply feed? Only Yoda knows. :eek: But, SOMETHING would be better than allowing so many people to become as frustrated as all get out without an answer, or clue for what has become a terrible riddle wrapped in an enigma.

Don't take me wrong, though. I.. LOVE, this game, and I will continue to pay for it, because, I've been a fan of EA Games and Bioware products for YEARS... Yes.. not everyone is going to like some changes, but, to watch it devolve this way is simply maddening. Please, for the love of the Living Force, allow us to maintain some of our "treasures". All that hard work.. that yeah, did take some of us years, now holds as much prestige as a mirage of a tropical oasis hidden in the Sand Dunes of Tatooine. (That isn't actually a Sarlaac Pit).

I also love KOTFE. I absolutely do. And many of the minor changes that were meant for convenience live up to expectation, but, cut us some slack here on the bigger issues, and picture... I hate going to the awesome new Heroic Terminal, grabbing the simple Tython Heroic, only to come to the planet and read in the Gen. Chat all these new players actually... COMPLAINING?! Are you kidding me??? You.... have.... no.... clue... what "Difficulty" in SWTOR actually looks and feels like in-game. No offense to ppl who find such things difficult; this was my first MMO ever, and, I'm dam proud of what my Legacy Panel says. Well, used to be... I still feel good knowing all the work I put in, but to talk about it with newer players? Forget about it. They can't comprehend, simply because they've only seen "This Side/Version" of the game. Props to your accomplishments, (You have to give credit where credit is due..) but those same accomplishments took thousands of us 2-3 times the effort and time.. cost of creds for stims, med packs, plus all of the glitches the game had *then*... and it really meant something to finish and see in your Leg. Panel. all those Titles, etc. Now every Achievement that pops is just: "Meh... cool I guess...". Now everyone is the same.

Why rob us of what was once valuable to share? :confused:

What anyone who is complaining about level sync really wants is to give zero effort to be able to farm on low level planets. Also, one max level daily area ad infinitum (Yavin, later Ziost) is more appealing to them than heroics on any planet you choose.

I saw the brilliance of level sync the first day, when there was a bug allowing players from opposing faction to get onto starting planets (which still seems to persist). There was a PvP enabled level 52 Jedi Knight on Korriban, who got wtfpwned by a level 15 Juggernaut. If that isn't awesome, I don't know what is! Only gankers would disagree.

If you are dying then you might need to learn to use the Heroic Moment more often now. I'm pretty much able to use it all the time, just don't wait until you are about to die to pop that thing. I hope that helps you out.

I didn't have to use heroic moment even once in 4.0. Companions are that OP, even after nerfs.

I'm guessing there are a lot of new players who complain as well. They should have been around when Makeb or Oricon were new content. Everything is so much easier now. Some would even say "dumbed down".

Edited by Strajder

Dear whiners.

Can I haz ur stuf?

Level Sync is a weak attempt at making all of the game content relevant.

A weak attempt at removing the boring power creep that plague majority of would-be-MMO-RPG games of today.

There lies a long way ahead, but it is a good first step. My only concern that this would be the only step taken, and Blizzard will again pick up and improve upon the design.