Bioware, please remove cast time from Transpose/Translocate

Glower

Bioware, please remove cast time from Transpose/Translocate.

It is not a very useful ability even without cast time, and with cast time it mostly useless.

The ability with 1.5 min cd! For example Rescue/Extrication is instant and on 60 sec cd.

I think they could've come up with something much better than this for the new ability with KOTFE. Transporters have never had a place in the star wars IP - it's bad enough that bioware put in rakata transporters on belsavis. "Beam me up scotty" does not belong here.

I would've preferred a multi-grapple like tanking companions get now, where it pulls all targets in a cone to you and generates high threat. Would've been an amazing tanking move for us.

I think they could've come up with something much better than this for the new ability with KOTFE. Transporters have never had a place in the star wars IP - it's bad enough that bioware put in rakata transporters on belsavis. "Beam me up scotty" does not belong here.

I would've preferred a multi-grapple like tanking companions get now, where it pulls all targets in a cone to you and generates high threat. Would've been an amazing tanking move for us.

Isn't quick travel a a "beam me up" ability? Or companion swapping?

Multi-grapple would and would not be a good thing...For one, the tank spec already has a forced replacement ability, so two would be overkill.While it might work in pve (to an extent)- in pvp it essentially helps guardians and juggs with leap which then leads to a free dispatch. Not good for a perma-oped class. Last thing they need is another buff.

My swtor tanking dream right from 1.0... :(

Dunno about pve, but this is absolutely trash in pvp. I cannot think of a single situation in which this ability, with its cast time and 1.5m cooldown(lol) is really all that useful since you need to be in 15m range to make use of guard and whatnot anyway. Maybe a better tank than me can find use for it in pvp but I just don't see anything there. Not sure what Bioware was thinking with this ability.

Aside from the VERY rare huttball swap there is not much use in pvp.

And no, it does not have much value in PvE either. VG/BH already have two range taunts that they can cycle through and you can also steal aggro back from another player before you complete the cast time for Transpose....so- useless.

i am really not sure what you are talking about. 2/10...are you implying that i am trolling? im not i am serious it is a great ability if you learn to use it

Please tell me how is this useful In a raid setting. Moving myself means I'm potentially moving a cleave into the group. Moving a person in danger puts me in danger on top of boss damage. If someone has aggro taunts are sufficient. Bosses rarely pull people and most times are scripted so they can't be cheesed.

Best thing I've come up with this kiting Bestia on Council and but I can do that with just the 15% movement speed and passive and that is going to move someone out of position anyways. It's also why PW is mostly useless on Boss fights

So useless as I've stated. Give us lower cd on Hydraulics and call it a day.

i am really not sure what you are talking about. 2/10...are you implying that i am trolling? im not i am serious it is a great ability if you learn to use it

really ?!?! I would love to see a video of this being used on regular basis with a meaningful impact ...

In its current form its pointless skill. I mainly PvP and do HM FP, and I cant think of a single scenario where I, as tank, can waste (interruptable) 1.5 sec instead of using a more important skill and that has a bigger impact than this.

If I am that far out of position in objective (!) based pvp & pve that I need to use this skill I really messed up. But due to it being interruptable and the cast time it has zero use as an "oh crap" button

But, please prove me wrong. We all know nothing is going to change with this skill, so please show how its a useful ability

• 3 weeks later...
This should be instant. It's absolutely unusable in PVP due to the 1.5s cast time. If you need to increase the CD to make it instant, I'm totally fine with that. An instant swap on a 2.5 minute CD with another player is fine with me. Now THAT actually has use. Say you're tanking in a 4v4 group ranked arena. You get knocked out of guard range and rooted. Hydraulics is on CD. The enemy DPS hard swaps to your player 30 meters away. Boom, instant swap. Pretty nice. But no ones going to cast that for 1.5s. This would also work if you're mezzed away from your team and need to use breaker and rescue your teammate quickly. Edited by revcrisis

This should be instant. It's absolutely unusable in PVP due to the 1.5s cast time. If you need to increase the CD to make it instant, I'm totally fine with that. An instant swap on a 2.5 minute CD with another player is fine with me. Now THAT actually has use. Say you're tanking in a 4v4 group ranked arena. You get knocked out of guard range and rooted. Hydraulics is on CD. The enemy DPS hard swaps to your player 30 meters away. Boom, instant swap. Pretty nice. But no ones going to cast that for 1.5s. This would also work if you're mezzed away from your team and need to use breaker and rescue your teammate quickly.

1.5s uninterruptable cast is not that much, if everything else is on cd or root.

Edited by Aetideus

The ONLY good thing about it is the Benign Presence it gives the target. Instant would be too much for the other players (imagine just magically appearing somewhere else).

This ability does have SOME use, if coordinated, if allowed to cast, if if if...too many ifs. I would rather have the operative ability to get back into guard range, which still gives Benign Presence. Teammates only, to keep balance.

And while BW has the book open on PTs and are thinking about changes, allow Sonic Missile to be used on friendly targets to provide an AoE taunt around a friendly.

Thanks!

The ONLY good thing about it is the Benign Presence it gives the target. Instant would be too much for the other players (imagine just magically appearing somewhere else).

This ability does have SOME use, if coordinated, if allowed to cast, if if if...too many ifs. I would rather have the operative ability to get back into guard range, which still gives Benign Presence. Teammates only, to keep balance.

And while BW has the book open on PTs and are thinking about changes, allow Sonic Missile to be used on friendly targets to provide an AoE taunt around a friendly.

Thanks!

A melee in the group was chasing a PT (over 30m). Used swap + jump. The ability may cover 60m.

Edited by Aetideus

I use this in PvP all the time.

Move a nearly dead team member right next to a medpac.

Move party member out of melee slaughter fest, then hit aoe stun and slow.

Move party member out of range of sniper/merc or behind terrain to los them.

Move ball carrier into endzone and get headstart back to midfield.

In PVE I've only found it useful if I'm off-tank and do not currently have threat, and I need to move someone out of harm's way.

-327-

• 2 weeks later...