Statement: Choices that matter= NONE

BelenUmeria

I have played through KOTFE 3 times: Knight, Smuggler, Consular.

The choices are the same. The events are the same. The dialogue may have a different turn of phrase here and there yet it is mostly, the same. LS/DS choices occur and the plot remains the same. Save one dude; his partner still shows up and tries to kill you later.

Nothing makes a difference.

So much for choices that matter. Bioware said the story would run differently depending on your decisions and class; however, this has turned out to be a complete lie.

We wanted more class stories and what we got was a railroaded mess.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its also amusing cuz when they announced the xpac they made it seem like everything you have done would impact the story.

People were concerned that if they missed a planet storyline it would impact the xpac.

IN THE END

Nothing you have done before matters at all, you can make a fresh level 60 and be in the same boat as the guy who did every single story the base game offered.

In fact the guys i made during 12x xp are worse off then simply rolling a new level 60 because the new 60 has max crafting skills, better armor, and it doesn't matter.

I don't get why they hyped this fact when they knew it was completely false. If you want to make one story that is the same no matter what then just say that. The fact that they keep hyping this is going to bite them. I was expecting there to be differences that would keep me interested through all of my playthroughs but now I don't even feel like doing it twice because I know it will be exactly the same. Maybe a different mail here and there. Pretty lame.

I just played through all 9 chapters with 3 inquisitors with different class story choices.

DS inquisitor with all 5 ghost

LS inquisitor with zero ghost

Insane inquisitor with 1 ghost, send fleet to Rishi galaxy

Zero differences. Zero differences in dialogues. I hope there will be something in next chapters.

Still, I think story is great.

To be honest I have never expected choices to make a large difference in how the story plays out. The logistics mess that would create would be insane. However what I believe that the Devs were talking about is smaller changes. Slight variations in the story that will give a play through a different feel.

lets be honest... BW has already stated it was too difficult and time consuming to continue with 8 different stories for each of the classes. There is no way that our "choices" will matter in the long run, BW is creating 1 singular story with slight differences branching off the sides.

The end goal will be the exact same, how you got there will be barely different from another person.

4.0 = Knights of the Choices Matter a Little Bit if you Dont Think too Much

Isn't that one guy you kill if you're DS able to become a companion if you don't?" Sounds like a choice that mattered.

Yeah, any argument that starts with "Isn't that one" will most definitely save the day. Lol. You having to work hard towards listing one difference proves precisely what this thread is complaining about.

The choices are the same. The events are the same. The dialogue may have a different turn of phrase here and there yet it is mostly, the same. LS/DS choices occur and the plot remains the same. Save one dude; his partner still shows up and tries to kill you later.

So much for choices that matter. Bioware said the story would run differently depending on your decisions and class; however, this has turned out to be a complete lie.

Do you know what happens in future chapters. No then making this statement. Before you find out that by romancing Lana your companion tries to kill you later. It is a mute point since no one has seen that content yet. I think a lot of this will have a lot to do with future content. This choice leads to this guy coming to kill you down the road. So jumping the gun on choice maters before you seen things fully develop is a mistake. What BW said is choices now will impact you down the road. IE future content not that every story will be different they said follower and companions will remember the choice you make and depending on that is how the story will change over time. So next month chapter means you choose one thing this happens

Edited by Neoforcer

Then all the sudden you feel like your playing an unfinished beta when you reach your final destination at level 65. The way quest convos are set up, it's all one sided, with options at bottom left to pick from, but no interaction from your character at all, no light/dark choices, nothing immersive about it at all.

To top it off, they totally screwed crafting. Now you have to spend credits to buy back schematics levels you already learned, because they changed all stat names to mastery and swapped around what skill crafts what augs, who crafts what armorings/mods/enhancements. Serously??? Thought they said they were going to replace your existing schematics with the new appropriate replacement??? Well, I guess they did, but they didn't make it clear you had to go buy it. Stupid.

Do you know what happens in future chapters. No then making this statement. Before you find out that by romancing Lana your companion tries to kill you later. It is a mute point since no one has seen that content yet. I think a lot of this will have a lot to do with future content. This choice leads to this guy coming to kill you down the road. So jumping the gun on choice maters before you seen things fully develop is a mistake. What BW said is choices now will impact you down the road. IE future content not that every story will be different they said follower and companions will remember the choice you make and depending on that is how the story will change over time. So next month chapter means you choose one thing this happens

Stockholm Syndrome?

I was a big bioware defender before KOTFE dropped. I kept giving them chance after chance to live up to their own promises. The fact that the first 9 chapters is a railroad with no change based on choice or class after they stated otherwise, gives me little reason to trust them for the future.

At some point, reality hits and you realize they they keep lying to get your sub yet they will never live up to their promises or hype.

It was incredibly disappointing how little your class matters in this story. One character was his Wrath, is a force user, has worked for him before, the other character is some soldier, who fought him once on a planet, you'd think the first character would have far different interactions with the Emperor, yet he doesn't.

The force users and non force users are treated almost exactly the same seems like a massive plot hole. The story is clearly designed for the Jedi Knight, and yet it works for the Trooper, who has no force powers, and yet is supposed to fight 1v1 against these guys, and fight off the emperor in his head, like really? Really now?

I feel like Bioware wanted to make a new game, but they couldn't because of SWTOR, so they made it in SWTOR, and as a result it doesn't really fit either way.

I liked the story though. But clearly it should have been delivered as a new Single Player RPG, running on Frostbite like DA:I, but of course playing and looking like Battlefront. That would have been one hell of a game, and I'd have paid $60 to play through this story on that modern engine with quality 3rd person combat.

Edited by Sttm