Mouse settings for GSF?

Braize

Returning to the game, it is quite...... disappointing that Bioware still has not fixed the mouse sensitivity issue. Even with the speed set at 0%, GSF is impossible to play.

So I'm curious as to what mouse settings people use to play GSF?

Returning to the game, it is quite...... disappointing that Bioware still has not fixed the mouse sensitivity issue. Even with the speed set at 0%, GSF is impossible to play.

So I'm curious as to what mouse settings people use to play GSF?

Most people recommend dialing down the mouse sensitivity for GSF. My mouse has a button to toggle between three sensitivity levels; for GSF, I use a setting of 550 dpi. Normally it's set at 1200.

That said, I know a couple folks are able to GSF at high dpi levels. So it isn't strictly necessary; personally I think it makes tracking/targeting a lot easier.

Edited by MaximilianPower

A gaming mouse helps, but it's not really necessary. I play with the same mouse speed I do everything else at:

http://i.imgur.com/Wyn2Lox.png

Make sure you uncheck that box, by the way. That's mouse acceleration and you probably don't want that on... though it's possible to play well with it. I didn't even realize that was on until a few months ago when I was double checking some settings.

The lowest setting here is PAINFULLY slow, so I suspect maybe you still have that on.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

Don't have a gaming mouse, but I've never changed my mouse speed since starting to fly and I guess i'm now used to it. Kept it in the middle of the bar for standard settings

I'm guessing it's the gaming mouse that does it. They have high DPIs. Still, this is 2015. And really high mouse sensitivities were an issue at release even.

Ended up doing it the old fashion way by breaking into the .ini file and editing the camera move speed there. It's kind of eye rolling that people still have to do this.

The other issue, is there is no cursor lock. So if you have dual monitors like a lot of people do these days, you need to use a cursor lock program in order to keep your cursor on your screen.

Once again Bioware, this is 2015. Come on now guys. :rak_02:

I'm using a cheap gaming mouse with 2 thumb keys and a 4-way wheel (using the thumb keys and wheel left/right for energy management). It also has adjustable dpi (you can set 4 values and switch between them). Usually I set it to 3600 dpi but for gsf I had to tune it down to ~2000 dpi. I can't lower the dpi further because I don't want to move my arm while playing. I once tried it with ~1600 dpi and it was easier to aim in the center area, but as soon as I needed to dogfight or needed mobility I had to move my arm which decreased accuracy because I can aim precisely only while my wrist is laying still on the table. Edited by Danalon

My accuracy went up 10% when I dialed it down to 800 and another 10% when I dialed it down to 400. I have poor fine motor coordination and below average accuracy compared to top pilots, though this second change (400 dpi) moved me up a step on the ladder. There was a very helpful thread here a few months ago about accuracy on the final scoreboard. It is derived from clicking on the target at the correct range. Evaded shots do not hurt accuracy.

I have found that I can maneuver the ship equally well at 1200, 800, and 400. If ship maneuvering is the issue, then I would recommend taking your ship into the tutorial and flying it hard through narrow spaces, stopping and starting. It should help a lot.