Unable to customize Lana Beniko's armor?

Sacstar

Lana should be able to customize as they mentioned "Lana being a Full-Blown Companion" so this is a stupid decision by BW to make her not customizable even if if the reason its locked due to story purpose <-- (people will still change clothes even in war).

If regarding all Star Fortress Companion not being customizable, i would not mind but it be great(&hilarious)to be able to have Theron or other SF companions in cybernetic armors or in undies :p. and i would mind if Senya & Theron to be customizable only after stories. Just need Lana to be customizable first.

Edited by RuivonKyn

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Disney makes sure everything they own stays squeaky clean.... Check out this clip from a movie made by Miramax in 1994, who... news flash... is owned by Disney since 1993.

Don't worry, it's made by a Disney owned company, it can't be NSFW, right?

For real "clean wholesome Disney fun" in a film, check out "The Black Hole", where a main character is eviscerated about two inches off-camera, people swear on-camera, and there are major grown-up themes all over the place.

Or "High Altitude Precision Bombing", made by Disney during the Second World War.

Odd that someone (not you, the person you were replying to) is so unaware of such a large aspect of the game.

I am fully aware that Trellick is not a New Companion to the gme, but it is a "New" feature that you can get him as a Republic player.

My point in mentioning him is that HE can be outfitted, cosmeticlly With various armors....I have him dressed approriately...as an imperial officer

Was really happy to get all these new companions to play with in kotfe. Was planning on not using the companion terminal and stick to the new ones until they come back in story. But not being able to change armor and seeing all the exact comps everywhere got old really quick so Im back to mostly using my old companions again.

Its going to complicate the cinematic cut scenes if you allow essential companions to have whatever armor they want, that will require more resources, if you noticed the models on these companions seems to be at a higher texture resolution. Animating the scenes is a hell of a lot easier when the frame of the body is included in one file, and not overlapping textures.

But besides the obvious technical advantage for not allowing characters in cut scenes to have different armor, I for one do not want to see Lana or Senya in a slave girl outfit, ever. I suspect that as intellectual property these main characters are important to the Bioware story and the image they want to present to the media. I doubt that bioware wants these cutscenes they are so proud to have carrying their game to be presented to the media with Lana's *** cheeks hanging out, or Koth in a 'Sensuous Dress'. It is obvious to a viewer when they player is wearing something ridiculous making them look out of place in the scene, so that wouldn't cause the same damage.

You can go ahead and end this discussion now, because Lana, Senya, Koth and Theron are not going to get to wear bikinis. /thread

Edited by PulseRazor

Its going to complicate the cinematic cut scenes if you allow essential companions to have whatever armor they want, that will require more resources, if you noticed the models on these companions seems to be at a higher texture resolution. Animating the scenes is a hell of a lot easier when the frame of the body is included in one file, and not overlapping textures.

But besides the obvious technical advantage for not allowing characters in cut scenes to have different armor, I for one do not want to see Lana or Senya in a slave girl outfit, ever. I suspect that as intellectual property these main characters are important to the Bioware story and the image they want to present to the media. I doubt that bioware wants these cutscenes they are so proud to have carrying their game to be presented to the media with Lana's *** cheeks hanging out, or Koth in a 'Sensuous Dress'. It is obvious to a viewer when they player is wearing something ridiculous making them look out of place in the scene, so that wouldn't cause the same damage.

You can go ahead and end this discussion now, because Lana, Senya, Koth and Theron are not going to get to wear bikinis. /thread

another one of these 0 tolerance posts. because YOU don't like it, nobody should have it.

let's say the finally give us ways to dress up companions the way we like it, why the **** would you even care how somebody else dresses HIS/HER Companion?

you may dress them up the way YOU like it and let other people dress them how they want.

don't get me wrong.. i would never dress my companions in covert armor etc.. i never did.. i just don't like it, but i think i can be tolerant enough to have other people playing the game the way they like it (including dressing up companions) ...

they are throwing custom armor after us... (crates from the h2 quests etc) ... it would make SENSE to let us dress up companions. free armor all over the place and who is going to wear it ? i also have tons of unlocked armor from the CM ... who is going to wear it ? with so many companions now, like i said, it would only make sense.. and i wouldn't even mind if they stay in standard outfit while in cut scenes ...

• 1 month later...

Man, some of these zero tolerance posts/excuses have been hilarious.

Me? I want customized companions. They advertised the gear=appearance for companions as a selling point for 4.0. Then they take away gear slots from all the new companions. That's just mean.

To the bikini excuse: seriously, bite your lips please. There have been female companions for years. You may see one or two bikinis on one of them in a few hours, unless you're doing nothing but spending all day in one place. In which case, your problem is less "the amount of bikinis I see!" and more "the amount of time I do nothing while staying logged in." This isn't a problem, it's an excuse.

To the cutscene excuse: they're already ignoring customized slots in cutscenes. Change Lana's lightsaber out for a different color. It'll still be red in the cutscenes. Your argument for them not allowing us to have the rest of the gear customized because it would cause them extra work is now invalid. They're being lazy as it is.

To the faction-based excuse. I really really like your point. However, this is still a flat-out lazy excuse. Some new companions aren't Republic or Imperial, so it's too hard? Make a third faction, be done with the excuse.

No matter how you skin it, there are nothing but excuses out there as to why this isn't possible. And the fact that it isn't possible when they used this feature as such a large selling point just makes it worse.

To the faction-based excuse. I really really like your point. However, this is still a flat-out lazy excuse. Some new companions aren't Republic or Imperial, so it's too hard? Make a third faction, be done with the excuse.

No matter how you skin it, there are nothing but excuses out there as to why this isn't possible. And the fact that it isn't possible when they used this feature as such a large selling point just makes it worse.

Can you name any game that ever provided a third faction? I cant think of one. So far its always only two factions vs a common enemy. Maybe it would cause chaos in pvp.

I to would like the ability to customize Lana and I would even go so far as to say that I want to throw Lana into a Slave Outfit or another good looking outfit. I hope they add the customization soon really lame that Lana looks like everyone else right now in the armor department

I to would like the ability to customize Lana and I would even go so far as to say that I want to throw Lana into a Slave Outfit or another good looking outfit. I hope they add the customization soon really lame that Lana looks like everyone else right now in the armor department

This so reminds me of another MMO. Game came out and two legendary items were available. Years later outfits were introduced. Can change appearance of weapons BUTT not use those legendary weapons. Another addon later legendary items got introduced that every player could easily obtain. And now guess! Everyone had to use the same legendary appearence on that slot.

And the reason they didnt allow appearance change of the older legendary items was that everyone would want to change their looks to it and they wouldnt be rare anylonger. But they are perfectly fine with the current state that everyone must use the same appearence now.

THE HYPOCRISY!!!

Its times like this that makes me wonder what kind of inkompetent game designer still has his job or what kind of designer team still listens to such a fool.

Can you name any game that ever provided a third faction? I cant think of one. So far its always only two factions vs a common enemy. Maybe it would cause chaos in pvp.

I can name one, but it is unfortunately fictional. The French format-court ("short-format") series NOOB tells the story of a group of players in an MMORPG called Horizon, which begins with just two factions ("Coalition" and "Empire") and later on adds a third ("Ordre" = Order).

Ever heard of Dark Age of Camelot (DAOC)? It even pretty much specializes in the PVP aspect of the game. (Known for Realm-vs-Realm wars.) Been around a long time. Always had three factions.

But that's a digression. We don't need more factions. We just need them to do the work and apply a tech they already know how to implement to the new companions. I'd really like to be able to customize their looks too!

Edit: Oh, BTW, Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) too. I'm pretty sure there are likely more.

Edited by Ayradyss
Remembered another.

To the bikini excuse: seriously, bite your lips please. There have been female companions for years. You may see one or two bikinis on one of them in a few hours, unless you're doing nothing but spending all day in one place. In which case, your problem is less "the amount of bikinis I see!" and more "the amount of time I do nothing while staying logged in." This isn't a problem, it's an excuse.

No offense, but you can bite your own lips and then jump out an airlock. Sometimes I spend a long time on fleet just browsing the GTN, or in my collections window piecing outfits together, or buying and giving comp gifts, or, you know, JUST SOCIALIZING. I don't need your permission or judgement on how I spend the time I pay for in-game as long as I'm not stepping on anyone's toes (an important distinction). And yeah, I see a lot more than just one or two every couple of hours and it really f***ing kills any and all desire I might have to even be near them. Their f***ing blaster and lightsaber handles are probably all sticky and have little hairs on them too.

Now, at this point, you're probably ready to mansplain to me how my feelings are wrong and I'm some kind of hypocrite for judging you and not letting you play the game you want, and to that I say, watching some sad, lonely, pathetic excuse for a gamer-bro dragging a character I might actually care about and look up to through the filth because he is sad and lonely and pathetic is something that really f***ing turns me off to this community in general, and If you, the person reading this, do that kind of crap and then wonder why more women aren't into gaming? Look in the mirror for your answer.

The whole problem with "Lana in a bikini" could be solved with one line of code, the same one that prevents me from parading Quinn around in the same bikini (which if any comp freakin' deserves it's him). And guess what! If these people really are as rare as you say, then disabling it for her and Senya would only impact a minuscule fraction of the community, so you should have no problem with it!

Unless you are one of those people.

No offense, but you can bite your own lips and then jump out an airlock. Sometimes I spend a long time on fleet just browsing the GTN, or in my collections window piecing outfits together, or buying and giving comp gifts, or, you know, JUST SOCIALIZING. I don't need your permission or judgement on how I spend the time I pay for in-game as long as I'm not stepping on anyone's toes (an important distinction). And yeah, I see a lot more than just one or two every couple of hours and it really f***ing kills any and all desire I might have to even be near them. Their f***ing blaster and lightsaber handles are probably all sticky and have little hairs on them too.

Now, at this point, you're probably ready to mansplain to me how my feelings are wrong and I'm some kind of hypocrite for judging you and not letting you play the game you want, and to that I say, watching some sad, lonely, pathetic excuse for a gamer-bro dragging a character I might actually care about and look up to through the filth because he is sad and lonely and pathetic is something that really f***ing turns me off to this community in general, and If you, the person reading this, do that kind of crap and then wonder why more women aren't into gaming? Look in the mirror for your answer.

The whole problem with "Lana in a bikini" could be solved with one line of code, the same one that prevents me from parading Quinn around in the same bikini (which if any comp freakin' deserves it's him). And guess what! If these people really are as rare as you say, then disabling it for her and Senya would only impact a minuscule fraction of the community, so you should have no problem with it!

Unless you are one of those people.

Sounds like you need to get a life... complaining about people with no life... LOL