Unable to customize Lana Beniko's armor?

Sacstar

If that means that creeps cannot put their Lanas/Senyas in slavegirl bikinis, I think I can live with this mild clone army annoyance. :cool:

I'm a straight male, and I don't dress my female companions the same. This is how I dress the female companions that I mainly use.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207840896201235&set=a.10202793630062736.1073741828.1260148135&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-xtf1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F12208793_10207840896201235_3384443065572529129_n.jpg%3Foh%3D9c2b7052ba5489aa8bbbe441187fd750%26oe%3D56C25A2A&size=410%2C618

Edited by fortsmithman

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This change is really irking me. Why would I continue to gather so many types of armor if I can't dress up my companions? I spent a lot of time and work acquiring various cosmetics. I know a lot of other people spent serious money obtaining cosmetics.

I can only play so many characters. If I can't dress up the companions that complete destroys the enjoyment of collecting different armor sets. It's to the point that I'll probably only start kotfe on one character until this is fixed.

Edited by Sorenia

Oh dear. Now whenever I hear Lana Beniko's "Still here; haven't gone anywhere" snark dialogue on click, I'm going to be imagining my PC replying "I can *smell* that; for pity's sake, will you go do some laundry?"

In combat, I like her "Take a breath..."

She is such a Jedi...

Companion customization in terms of appearance was supposed to stay, while being able to improve their stats was supposed to disappear. Why is this NOT included for any of the new companions, like Theron and Lana? Kinda disappointed Bioware.

+1

Look, I get it Bioware, you want these new characters to have a defined appearance.

You've done the same exact thing in your other games, Dragon Age II and Mass Effect 2 and 3 all did this.

However, this hurts the roleplaying aspect of the game. It always has, even in the aforementioned video games. I will never be ashamed of admitting that I hoard armor and love trying on new styles. The fact that there are so many unique armors in SWTOR is a huge plus. Players will never be bored of their appearance. The Cartel Packs, while controversial to some, are doing a fantastic job of giving us new armor we can all use. No matter what, there is an armor set for every single player in SWTOR.

I have to ask then, what is the point of taking that away? I can see if our Core Companions did not have the ability to be customized, but they did! The ability to Customize Lana Beniko and the others is already in the game. You just simply turned off the switch, denying us to use it. [Notice how you can still Preview the armor, just that it's meshed in with the already existing armor causing an overlap]

You cannot just take away the ability to customize the Core Companions to an incredible and extensive customization system, and then not do the same to the new Alliance Characters.

It just simply is not fair. "Defined Appearance" be damned. Nobody wants to look at 100 carbon copies of the exact same Lana Beniko.

Edited by JediKnightKami

+1

Look, I get it Bioware, you want these new characters to have a defined appearance.

You've done the same exact thing in your other games, Dragon Age II and Mass Effect 2 and 3 all did this.

However, this hurts the roleplaying aspect of the game. It always has, even in the aforementioned video games. I will never be ashamed of admitting that I hoard armor and love trying on new styles. The fact that there are so many unique armors in SWTOR is a huge plus. Players will never be bored of their appearance. The Cartel Packs, while controversial to some, are doing a fantastic job of giving us new armor we can all use. No matter what, there is an armor set for every single player in SWTOR.

I have to ask then, what is the point of taking that away? I can see if our Core Companions did not have the ability to be customized, but they did! The ability to Customize Lana Beniko and the others is already in the game. You just simply turned off the switch, denying us to use it. [Notice how you can still Preview the armor, just that it's meshed in with the already existing armor causing an overlap]

You cannot just take away the ability to customize the Core Companions to an incredible and extensive customization system, and then not do the same to the new Alliance Characters.

It just simply is not fair. "Defined Appearance" be damned. Nobody wants to look at 100 carbon copies of the exact same Lana Beniko.

My head aches of agreeing too much with you!! I could not care less about "their define appeareace" SWTOR is supposed to be about MY STAR WARS STORY.. If I want my characters to look like clowns that is my problem. What I did was report it as bug.. maybe if we all do that they'll actually listen for once.

Defined appearance is much less of a problem in SP games. You don't see 10 identical Mirandas standing next to mission box in Mass Effect. In SWTOR, you DO get 10 Lana clones right in front of you and it looks just ugly. Different outfits, customizations, helmets have largely removed the issue of identical companions so it's just couter-productive to bring it back just because they want an iconic Lana/Senya look. These can still be featured in all trailers and official material

In combat, I like her "Take a breath..."

She is such a Jedi...

She and Marr are the most pragmatic Sith I've seen in the game. (Far more so than the way that most paths for Sith player characters are written.) I mean, OK, like, Marr is a bad man, no doubt about it. (Listen to his dialogue during Chapter One of KotFE, when he talks to the crew of his ship.) But bad man or not, he is not senselessly evil just to be evil.

And Lana is even more pragmatic. She is a bad woman in the same sense of bad that Marr is a bad man(1), perhaps a little less. (Think of Reg, of Novo's partner, and so on.)

(1) It is entertaining (for me, at least) how the meanings of "bad" in "a bad man", "a bad woman", "a bad boy", and "a bad girl" are so different. But in the above, I mean for "bad" in "bad woman" to have the same sense as in "a bad man".

The ability to Customize Lana Beniko and the others is already in the game. You just simply turned off the switch, denying us to use it. [Notice how you can still Preview the armor, just that it's meshed in with the already existing armor causing an overlap]

Which only proves my theory, that those new companions simply do not have the 'real' models and had never been intended to be used with the normal custom gear. Because - expenses, you know. Had they given her the 'real' armor, it should have swapped properly instead. Glitched (may be) but still swapped.

Also, the only things that can be reclaimed from

Marr's dead body via the alliance screen button

are the lightsabers, because he has no 'item' wearable armor.

She and Marr are the most pragmatic Sith I've seen in the game. (Far more so than the way that most paths for Sith player characters are written.) I mean, OK, like, Marr is a bad man, no doubt about it. (Listen to his dialogue during Chapter One of KotFE, when he talks to the crew of his ship.) But bad man or not, he is not senselessly evil just to be evil.

And Lana is even more pragmatic. She is a bad woman in the same sense of bad that Marr is a bad man(1), perhaps a little less. (Think of Reg, of Novo's partner, and so on.)

(1) It is entertaining (for me, at least) how the meanings of "bad" in "a bad man", "a bad woman", "a bad boy", and "a bad girl" are so different. But in the above, I mean for "bad" in "bad woman" to have the same sense as in "a bad man".

I can't think of a single bad thing Lana has done... and she disapproves of most evil actions, except when being very piratical about the larger picture (blowing up the reactor by leaving).

But I can see the big picture, that wasn't evil, it was triage, picking the lessor of two bad choices. In reality, there is no assurance you could shut down the reactor, or escape if you did. Leaving does make sense.

I maintain that Lana isn't really Sith, she is much more of a Jedi than she'll care to admit. IMHO of course. :)

It's obvious what EA's plans are. If you notice on Lana's character menu the little customization box is there. They want to add there dumb custom looks and add that to the CM. they want every scent they can get from us along with customization's of our companions

It's obvious what EA's plans are. If you notice on Lana's character menu the little customization box is there. They want to add there dumb custom looks and add that to the CM. they want every scent they can get from us along with customization's of our companions

they do..but we dont care..the only thing we want is to get those clothes off her;) we are rdy to toss the money where its needed to achieve this;)

They want to add there dumb custom looks and add that to the CM. they want every scent they can get from us along with customization's of our companions

Sigh. It's hard to believe that two sentences could be loaded with so much fail.

1) There is a difference between "there", "their", and "they're". Most children learn this by fourth grade.

2) If Bioware wants "every scent they can get from us", I'd better wear more deodorant.

3) The apostrophe is used for the possessive case in English, not for pluralization. Thus, it should be "customizations". This is called the "greengrocer's' apostrophe", as in: "red pepper's 5 for 3 dollar's".

4) Lack of capitalization of "they" is just obvious.

5) Note that I use logical quotes with the period outside of the quotation marks, because it seems logical to me, so don't hate.

These are just a few of the many reasons it is painful for any literate person to read fleet chat.

These are just a few of the many reasons it is painful for any literate person to read fleet chat.

One'd think that a literate person should realize, that the vast majority of this planet's population don't learn English as their mother-tongue (and act accordingly), but ok.

Sigh. It's hard to believe that two sentences could be loaded with so much fail.

1) There is a difference between "there", "their", and "they're". Most children learn this by fourth grade.

2) If Bioware wants "every scent they can get from us", I'd better wear more deodorant.

3) The apostrophe is used for the possessive case in English, not for pluralization. Thus, it should be "customizations". This is called the "greengrocer's' apostrophe", as in: "red pepper's 5 for 3 dollar's".

4) Lack of capitalization of "they" is just obvious.

5) Note that I use logical quotes with the period outside of the quotation marks, because it seems logical to me, so don't hate.

It pains me that I feel I have to say this because even you should know this by now: There are other languages than English. MAJORITY of people inhabiting this globe with you learn those other languages. Some has a luck to be born in country where education-system stuffs the English-language into us (less fortunate non-native English-speakers), but quite many don't. I remember how disheartening it was for me to be ridiculed by my mistakes (those were funny, btw) when my English was less-fluent. And as a person who's native language is not germanic, I still struggle with having to use masculine/feminine, articles and prepositions. Not to mention vocabularity. If I get prepositions right, it was my lucky day.

It is not mandatory to google your every word when you write to public forum about gaming, even less if you write to general chat. You could perfectly understand what that person tried to say. But you just had to ridicule him/her, because of your superiority-complex or whatever, I don't even want to know. But you should be shamed of yourself.

I can't think of a single bad thing Lana has done... and she disapproves of most evil actions, except when being very piratical about the larger picture (blowing up the reactor by leaving).

But I can see the big picture, that wasn't evil, it was triage, picking the lessor of two bad choices. In reality, there is no assurance you could shut down the reactor, or escape if you did. Leaving does make sense.

I maintain that Lana isn't really Sith, she is much more of a Jedi than she'll care to admit. IMHO of course. :)

Did I mention the word "pragmatic"? Yes, I think I did. But some of what she does is bad. Not deeply (or even shallowly) evil, but not good and not really neutral. The interesting one in this respect comes at the end of the battle with Novo and Talek.

The cinematic shows her holding Talek. You have lightside; let him go, or darkside: go ahead Lana, kill him. She approves of you proposing the dark side option, and kills him by stabbing him in the gut with her sabre. There were options she had for killing the guy instantly (neck break, stab to the face or centre of the chest, etc.), but she chose one that would leave him alive and in very great pain for a while.

So I stand by my assertion that she is substatntially ahead of Marr on the pragmatic-Sith front, and both of them are streets ahead of pretty much all the other Sith you see in the game, including both Sith player classes, but that they are both *Sith* and not Jedi.

It comes down to the character of dark-side Jedi and how that compares to any flavour of Sith, and, similarly how LS Sith compares to any flavour of Jedi.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.