[EXPLOIT] Opposite faction in starter zones, fleet and capital cities

Tallulahkat

There is an exploit that if you buy a Stronghold in one of the capital cities, and then go to it on the opposite faction, log there and delete it, when you log back in, you end up in the city, able to kill players and guards, quest givers etc... you can then go to the spaceport there and go to the opposite factions fleet and starter zones.

There is an exploit that if you buy a Stronghold in one of the capital cities, and then go to it on the opposite faction, log there and delete it, when you log back in, you end up in the city, able to kill players and guards, quest givers etc... you can then go to the spaceport there and go to the opposite factions fleet and starter zones.

I've been watching some of them for a bit. I'll go check but the ones on Coruscant seem only able to kill the Legacy Vendors.

Still, an exploit is an exploit.

I've been watching some of them for a bit. I'll go check but the ones on Coruscant seem only able to kill the Legacy Vendors.

Still, an exploit is an exploit.

They are doing more than killing legacy vendors. Newbies can get flagged and killed.

They are doing more than killing legacy vendors. Newbies can get flagged and killed.

Yeah. I saw some other NPCs get killed too.

It's interesting. Apparently you can right-click on a PVP-flagged player from the opposite faction and get flagged yourself. Gosh, I wonder if these bozos are standing near quest NPCs that people have to right-click on to handle a mission or quest?

Edit: Gah, looked at my original post and I probably should have made it clear that I thought the only NPCs they could kill were the vendors. After some observation it looks like it's a bit more than that.

Edited by Sinapus

Yeah. I saw some other NPCs get killed too.

It's interesting. Apparently you can right-click on a PVP-flagged player from the opposite faction and get flagged yourself. Gosh, I wonder if these bozos are standing near quest NPCs that people have to right-click on to handle a mission or quest?

Edit: Gah, looked at my original post and I probably should have made it clear that I thought the only NPCs they could kill were the vendors. After some observation it looks like it's a bit more than that.

That is exactly how they are flagging the newbies.

That is exactly how they are flagging the newbies.

So much for the "you flagged yourself it's your fault" claim I see from time to time, then.

It's one thing to deliberately set yourself to PVP in an open area, (or play on a PVP server) and get trounced repeatedly. Eventually you can get some survival skills, gear, or simply stop and find something else to do if it isn't feeling all that much fun.

Having no intention of entering PVP and accidentally getting flagged because some punk with expertise gear out the wazoo knows you are going to be no match for them? Then going to the medcenter and repeatedly killing you? That's different. Very different.

(GSF and Warzones have problems with groups of experienced/well-equipped players farming newbies, but this seems actually worse than that.)

So much for the "you flagged yourself it's your fault" claim I see from time to time, then.

Most times before, it was their fault though. They targeted the other player while doing an AOE they were standing in or such. That stuff is preventable.

This time it is all on the griefers though because the way the mechanics are working right now, the guards aren't strong enough to kill them so they can stand in front of quest givers forever and either catch people off guard or prevent people from turning in or picking up quests.

Before 4.0 that couldn't happen because guards were max level super champs that required a group to kill.

The only groups I've seen have been making pushes in an "RP" sense. Attacking the Senate tower mainly. I haven't seen people intentionally gaming the system to flag lowbies and repeatedly kill them, but if people have actually seen it, who am I to say they're wrong?

Lots of guilds on my server are sending in screenshots and reports of the players ganking newbies on Tython and Ord Mantell so... Not really RPing much are they now?

Most times before, it was their fault though. They targeted the other player while doing an AOE they were standing in or such. That stuff is preventable.

This time it is all on the griefers though because the way the mechanics are working right now, the guards aren't strong enough to kill them so they can stand in front of quest givers forever and either catch people off guard or prevent people from turning in or picking up quests.

Before 4.0 that couldn't happen because guards were max level super champs that required a group to kill.

THAT'S why I've been able to avoid getting flagged w/AOE. I disabled the auto-target feature due to some... mishaps in a heroic leading my gunslinger to aggro some mobs 30m away. (We survived, it was still embarrassing.)

I target an NPC mob, then trigger the aoe. Or just activate defense cooldown run into a pack and trigger aoe.

Though I bet if someone was standing right next to them I could easily target and attack that player by accident while trying to hit another mob with a non-aoe attack. Hasn't happened yet.

The only groups I've seen have been making pushes in an "RP" sense. Attacking the Senate tower mainly. I haven't seen people intentionally gaming the system to flag lowbies and repeatedly kill them, but if people have actually seen it, who am I to say they're wrong?

This reminds me of the world of Warcraft raid you could do on the opposite factions main city...

I think this should be something they implement in this game itself... But with some modifications like not killing training NPCs or quest givers... Plus also allowing lowbies to actually select a do not participate through a pop up... Then people could opt out and not die

When you think back to the original opening cut scene to the game it showed the with attacking the Jedi temple... I know when I saw that I was thinking, "awesome idea" for the role play, story part of the game... I mean it's all about attacking the enemy where it hurts... Having a raid option to attack the enemy home world would be so good

This reminds me of the world of Warcraft raid you could do on the opposite factions main city...

I think this should be something they implement in this game itself... But with some modifications like not killing training NPCs or quest givers... Plus also allowing lowbies to actually select a do not participate through a pop up... Then people could opt out and not die

When you think back to the original opening cut scene to the game it showed the with attacking the Jedi temple... I know when I saw that I was thinking, "awesome idea" for the role play, story part of the game... I mean it's all about attacking the enemy where it hurts... Having a raid option to attack the enemy home world would be so good

^This! That was so much fun! Storming Iron Forge...Or sneaking in yourself & watching the dwarves come after you! Or the Dranei capitol...lol

That would make OWPvP so much more fun.

Lots of guilds on my server are sending in screenshots and reports of the players ganking newbies on Tython and Ord Mantell so... Not really RPing much are they now?

Meanwhile, Jedi/Troopers/Smugglers are going to Vaiken and roleplaying with Bounty Hunters/Agents/Sith at the cantina, so... yeah, there's some RP happening. This bug/exploit/comical mishap isn't all the grief and doom and gloom some people are claiming.

Honestly it sounds this could be something official for the PvP crowd. A dedicated attack on the enemy's capital world in a similar way to how WoW handles city raids (mentioned above, thanks^) would be awesome. Of course, Bioware needs to find a way to justify opposing factions again, because the Eternal Empire was apparently a thing that needed to happen.

EDIT: This also doesn't happen ever. Like, EVER. I don't care what level you are, if your normally safe capital world suddenly gets attacked by the opposing faction, people you will never see there, have some fun with it. Jump in and give ****** heals to a teammate, or just watch, or make a video of it, something. Some folks take their gaming experience way too seriously.

Edited by Ferretstalker

I disabled the auto-target feature due to some... mishaps in a heroic leading my gunslinger to aggro some mobs 30m away. (We survived, it was still embarrassing.)

I'm giving serious consideration to switching this off, for exactly this reason. I had a couple of epic firefights yesterday in Nar Shaddaa H2+ zones. Of course I was a 63 commando with mostly 190 mods in my armour, Aric in heal mode, juiced by the presence from a few datacrons, a 50ed human character, and at least 8 maxed companions, so we survived, but it was a little distressing.

The worst, though is when you set yourself up to start a fight with group 1, and back up into group 2. Then you turn around to shoot at group 2, and aggro group 1 because you still have group 1 targeted. :eek:

Meanwhile, Jedi/Troopers/Smugglers are going to Vaiken and roleplaying with Bounty Hunters/Agents/Sith at the cantina, so... yeah, there's some RP happening. This bug/exploit/comical mishap isn't all the grief and doom and gloom some people are claiming.

Honestly it sounds this could be something official for the PvP crowd. A dedicated attack on the enemy's capital world in a similar way to how WoW handles city raids (mentioned above, thanks^) would be awesome. Of course, Bioware needs to find a way to justify opposing factions again, because the Eternal Empire was apparently a thing that needed to happen.

EDIT: This also doesn't happen ever. Like, EVER. I don't care what level you are, if your normally safe capital world suddenly gets attacked by the opposing faction, people you will never see there, have some fun with it. Jump in and give ****** heals to a teammate, or just watch, or make a video of it, something. Some folks take their gaming experience way too seriously.

Except for the fact that people ARE using this to grief kinda blows your point. Bioware should never put in a mechanic that easily allows griefing such as this. I loved Ilum at launch, but I was on one of the few servers with a balanced pop so it was competitive not a spawn camp. But it's not viable game wide because Imps vastly outnumber Pubs, anything like this will just turn into Ilum again because of that imbalance, which has grown worse with the years.

Clearly this is a feature, not a bug. If it were a bug it would surely have been ferreted out in testing prior to release.

Clearly this is an exploit that might get you banned, so I suggest refraining from telling people about it or performing it yourself. In many MMOs, telling others how to do an exploit is also a bannable offense. Im not sure if it is in SWTOR, but it never hurts to be careful.

Clearly this is an exploit that might get you banned, so I suggest refraining from telling people about it or performing it yourself. In many MMOs, telling others how to do an exploit is also a bannable offense. Im not sure if it is in SWTOR, but it never hurts to be careful.

Bannable? Not sure, but it is a thread-slaying offence. There was a thread a while back, where one CM item was bugged, and could be REd for materials. And the copies from Collections could be REd for materials. The item was a trivial price on the GTN (500-1000 credits for a CM weapon), and you could produce unlimited amounts of the salvaged materials, then vendor them, craft with them, or, indeed, GTN them. I was curious, so I bought one according to his procedure, equipped it, then REd it and REd a copy. It did indeed work. Then I destroyed the materials that I got, and never looked at it again. (Well, no. By a curious coincidence, a different character, my first ever in this game, had failed to keep her chose-an-AC weapon (it's a long story), and I had in fact bought *her* one of these weapons, but she didn't have the right crew skill for the exploit.)

But that thread disappeared once the moderators got to the office...