Level Sync needs an Off Button! : ).

Ryosa

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, both pros and cons have been explained ad nauseum in this and all of the other threads. Which means there is nothing left for us to debate. Thank God.

For what it's worth, I used that WB scenario as a freedom of choice example among numerous other freedom of choice examples.

Cheers!

In that case, all that is left is to await the day your subscription ends and with it your time on the forums.

Personally like level sync, but I do agree it becomes tedious once you are max level. It becomes nothing more than a grind for credits and crystals. Nothing wrong with a little grind, but after awhile you get tired of it. But...playing music while you do the grindy stuff helps alot. Edited by cool-dude

Personally like level sync, but I do agree it becomes tedious once you are max level. It becomes nothing more than a grind for credits and crystals. Nothing wrong with a little grind, but after awhile you get tired of it. But...playing music while you do the grindy stuff helps alot.

The problem there is not level sync in itself, it's the poor alliance grind.

In a nutshell, before, what we did was relevant (level, gear). With level sync, the planet/location overrides everything and makes what we did to our gear and characters irrelevant. Doesn't sound like a good thing for a game that relies on people sticking around to spend time doing something for their characters.

With KOTFE the game has changed from one where you spend time working on (grinding) your characters and their companions to one where you work on (grinding) your alliance.

Level sync is part of this new direction and there won't be an off button to support "the old ways". Face it, your character is irrelevant (to the point of not having a voice), alliance and influence are relevant, environment overrides the gear/levels you paid/worked for to beat environment.

It's a new game, and everyone has to decide for themselves whether to run with it or from it.

That's a pretty accurate description of 4.0. I'm not really interested in running with the new game style, it's bloody boring (in simple terms).

That's a pretty accurate description of 4.0. I'm not really interested in running with the new game style, it's bloody boring (in simple terms).

well that's a pretty accurate way to put it. but you can't change a game without changing everything else, so where are these new subscribers? and where is the communication, that they wanted this effect to take place?

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to try to say this in a very calm way, which admittedly is very difficult for me.

I understand why they have the level sync, for the alliances. I also get that they don't like world bosses being soloed. But if I have put in the time and effort to level my character I don't want to feel weak again, especially on a planet like Tatooine or Nar Shaddaa or heaven forbid Tython or Korriban. If I am supposedly this Sith Lord, or Jedi Master, but I can be killed by a kor'slug or a flesh raider, how does that make sense?

An off button would be IMMENSELY appreciated for doing things like flashpoints, or heroics when I don't want to spend all day doing them on one character or even a few. I don't have the kind of time to dedicate to spending days at a time to playing a game. If I am in a zone for alliances, sure don't let me disable it. As much as I hate to say it you could do the same thing with world boss areas. If I am wanting to help a friend level, sure I can take my main and do it, or enjoy the leveling process by making an alt.

Makeb with the level sync has proven to be my bane. I didn't care for it then, so now if I want to do all my heroics I have to go back? Where is the draw in that? Honestly, I feel that this was a copy and paste from another mmo without consent of the community. People who didn't like the 12x buff were, in my opinion, in the minority and got an off switch. Why can those who oppose the sync, who are more pronounced, get an off switch too? Surely it isn't that hard to remove a script.

I am going to try to say this in a very calm way, which admittedly is very difficult for me.

I understand why they have the level sync, for the alliances. I also get that they don't like world bosses being soloed. But if I have put in the time and effort to level my character I don't want to feel weak again, especially on a planet like Tatooine or Nar Shaddaa or heaven forbid Tython or Korriban. If I am supposedly this Sith Lord, or Jedi Master, but I can be killed by a kor'slug or a flesh raider, how does that make sense?

An off button would be IMMENSELY appreciated for doing things like flashpoints, or heroics when I don't want to spend all day doing them on one character or even a few. I don't have the kind of time to dedicate to spending days at a time to playing a game. If I am in a zone for alliances, sure don't let me disable it. As much as I hate to say it you could do the same thing with world boss areas. If I am wanting to help a friend level, sure I can take my main and do it, or enjoy the leveling process by making an alt.

Makeb with the level sync has proven to be my bane. I didn't care for it then, so now if I want to do all my heroics I have to go back? Where is the draw in that? Honestly, I feel that this was a copy and paste from another mmo without consent of the community. People who didn't like the 12x buff were, in my opinion, in the minority and got an off switch. Why can those who oppose the sync, who are more pronounced, get an off switch too? Surely it isn't that hard to remove a script.

Firstly, 4 or more levels above the local mobs doesn't make you feel powerful enough? Even when you are fighting Elites you are lucky (or unlucky) if you can get through a full rotation before they are down. If you can be killed by a k'lor'slug or flesh raider even when you were at their level, you are doing something seriously wrong.

Secondly, what are you doing on Korriban or Tython that has you fighting through hordes of them? So many and so often that it has disrupted your entire gaming experience? You get fast travel to the Heroic areas, so it can't be that, and if you are "helping" a friend by slaughtering everything in their path with one hit, they are never going to learn any of their own skills.

Thirdly, you don't HAVE to do anything. If you don't like Makeb, don't go there. There are plenty of other Heroics, and they reset every week so you can do them again. You say you have limited time, so take Makeb off your list and do something more fun with your finite game time.

Edited by CrazyCT

If I am supposedly this Sith Lord, or Jedi Master, but I can be killed by a kor'slug or a flesh raider, how does that make sense?

I understand your idea, but if you want to make sense or logic like arguments i think it make more sense as it is now. You might be sith lord, but if horde of any enemies attack you then you have to fight back to survive.

For me it does not make sense the way it was before, that you will just stand and let them hit you for eternity and they will not make any damage to you. :D

Edited by ShawDou

Little bit of hyperbole there. There is a world of difference between a natural level 12 and a 65 who's been level synced down to 12. If you're 65, go to Korriban, and get killed by Kor'slugs, you are doing something very wrong.

Yeah I agree. I hate the level sync. Nothing like taking my Sith back to Dromund Kaas and jumping off of a cliff to realize oh crap, I'm only level 12 and my Jedi jumping powers are now gone. Stupid cliff's. :csw_tiefighter: Haha, bet you thought I was going to end this one with yet another star destroyer. Okay, you're right. :csw_destroyer:

Little bit of hyperbole there. There is a world of difference between a natural level 12 and a 65 who's been level synced down to 12. If you're 65, go to Korriban, and get killed by Kor'slugs, you are doing something very wrong.

Yeah, that's very true. The biggest danger is forgetting you're not lv. 65 anymore and jumping off cliff's. I should rename my guy Wiley Coyote since I fall for it every time. :csw_destroyer:

Yeah, that's very true. The biggest danger is forgetting you're not lv. 65 anymore and jumping off cliff's. I should rename my guy Wiley Coyote since I fall for it every time. :csw_destroyer:

I'm pretty sure that falling damage is based on a % of health and not actual hard numbers. The same falls that kill you at 12 should kill you at 65 if you manage to reach terminal velocity.

the h2 quests?

even knowing that they are important atm, don't means that they are relevant!

Pretty sure it means relevant exactly. Definitions you are looking for are probably "*********** boring" and "done to the *********** death"

Edited by Frenesi

the h2 quests?

even knowing that they are important atm, don't means that they are relevant!

elsewhise worldbosses and enough other things that are just sidekicks.

Actually it does mean it's relevant.

Here's the definition of relevant: adjective closely connected or appropriate to the matter at hand.

well, to me it's not the matter at hand, to get those crates! it's to get money, so the alternative objective at hand is to do daylies. i assume that i am not the only one whom's wanna getting some money and do the h2 preffererd, instead of the truely annoying gotten daylies.

and for those who do it for the crates. ya do it, cause you got no other option left to obtain them. so only cause it's the solely option, it don't makes it relevant!

well, to me it's not the matter at hand, to get those crates! it's to get money, so the alternative objective at hand is to do daylies. i assume that i am not the only one whom's wanna getting some money and do the h2 preffererd, instead of the truely annoying gotten daylies.

and for those who do it for the crates. ya do it, cause you got no other option left to obtain them. so only cause it's the solely option, it don't makes it relevant!

Btw how you farm it for the money? By doing it in group with bonus objectives? Because if so and you compare it. Than before level sync, you got less money from most of heroics for same amount of time you spend on them now. (with some rare exceptions, where you were repeatedly doing same things over and over)

Right now you can get around 65k-75k credits (without drops) for one finished heroic with bonus when you run in 4 person group (it is still fast when 4 people kill mobs together), so level sync actually might helped to farm money via heroics.

Edited by ShawDou

Can you expand - what part of the content is irrelevant?
The sole reason for Level Sync and its "making planets relevant again" was so elder gamers could go anywhere in the game and farm companion gifts. But the planets themselves? The number of elder game characters that actually re-explore planets is minuscule. They quick travel in and out of the H2s and almost never set foot on the planet itself. 60 levels worth of early game became irrelevant to make the level 65 elder game's companion gift grind relevant. They even gave us a free level 60 token to christen it, with encouragement to spend more money to buy more. They didn't just walk away from early game ... they destroyed it. Unfortunately this is a two-way discussion that the locals have made one way. Edited by GalacticKegger

The sole reason for Level Sync and its "making planets relevant again" was so elder gamers could go anywhere in the game and farm companion gifts. But the planets themselves? The number of elder game characters that actually re-explore planets is minuscule. They quick travel in and out of the H2s and almost never set foot on the planet itself. 60 levels worth of early game became irrelevant to make the level 65 elder game's companion gift grind relevant. They even gave us a free level 60 token to christen it, with encouragement to spend more money to buy more. They didn't just walk away from early game ... they destroyed it. Unfortunately this is a two-way discussion that the locals have made one way.

Not to mention, I still think the content itself is irrelevant. Why? Because it's the reward thats relevant, not the content.

You could have slapped the gift tokens anywhere and gamers would have done it. The level sync was added just to make sure it took you a bit longer to get the reward running 4 year old content for the relevant reward. The heroics, where you go to get them is still old and irrelevant content to the story. The reward however is relevant.

Not to mention, I still think the content itself is irrelevant. Why? Because it's the reward thats relevant, not the content.

You could have slapped the gift tokens anywhere and gamers would have done it. The level sync was added just to make sure it took you a bit longer to get the reward running 4 year old content for the relevant reward. The heroics, where you go to get them is still old and irrelevant content to the story. The reward however is relevant.

Since you get more money (bigger reward) for heroic now than you got before level sync (for same amount of time spend) your point makes no sense. You say the reward is the relevant , but now you get more than before which means changes are good. ;)