The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel market rip off

Fordbird

Just wanted to say that I think cutting the number of items unlocked in each pack to 2 is crap. If the crates themselves were reduced in price by 60% it would be fine, but reducing the number of items by 60% while keeping the price the same is total BS. I know that my $$ won't be severely missed as I won't be buying anymore crates, but I believe many feel the same as I do and hopefully our pooled dollar loss will make you rethink this horrible decision.

Yeah, it's really disappointing how the new packs are priced --- including the Bronze/Silver/Gold ones and only having one item in them. For the prices, I'd rather be getting a variety (4 to 7 items), that, if they're not what I'm looking for, I can still trade with other players and help them get what they're looking for [and by trade, usually that means if they have an extra of something that they don't need or want, and would like to trade for what I have up for trade, it's fine].

That said, I'd only wait until there's a really good sale on the new packs before I'd even try buying one of them.

What we players had really been asking for was an option to buy the item(s) we're looking for from specific packs directly from the Cartel Market at reasonable prices, compared to how some price items on the GTN. And not have to spend 200 CC or more, just to end up with something else we're not looking for or can't get to sell on the GTN. Or the option to sell CM & CM Pack items that we don't want to a special CM vendor to get what we're looking for [or special CM Vendors - divided up by Shipment number, of course - or item type?].

I can see where people are coming from on the rip off side, but also in the same sense it is a bit better. No more useless random exp boosts that get tossed or sold for less than the initial fee to place it on the market, no over abundance of items that will sell for junk and take up too much space. I found I got more worthwhile stuff from the packs so far and I purchased 3 hypercrates of the new pack.

As for the other packs I'm super happy for those, if you buy the gold packs, you will get super awesome items. So far I have obtained 2 meditation chairs, a command throne and a walker from the mount packs and as for the armor packs I got havoc squad set, ghostly magus set and satele shan set in the boxes and also a Mask of Nihilus and a couple other randoms with the box.

As I said, this is just my initial thoughts but you do get more worthwhile items for your cartel coins

including the Bronze/Silver/Gold ones and only having one item in them. ].

I disagree on that part. Those packs are amazing. For 1200cc I get a whole set instead of wasting my 4k/5k on a crate that usually dropped belts and bracers of gold armors.

This stuff is just way overpriced for virtual goods. Someone was talking about all the great things they were getting from gold packs, like 3 or 4 things they got...thats like $30-40. Good grief. I had some cartel coins from an early buyers remorse...so had had bought a 200cc Underworld Alliance Pack...I got a blaster shot decoration and a level 5 gift. So for about $2 I got a smudge on the wall and a gift for a minute % influence. I don't see the bronze/silver/gold any better. $2 bucks for some boring armor, $5 bucks for ok armor, and $10 bucks for something actually decent? And we're talking virtual stuff.

Anyway, not touching this stuff again at these prices. If you don't mind just throwing money at virtual goods (with a random chance of what your getting at that), have it at.

The way that the market has been set to be a gamble has always bugged me. Many other games sustain themselves through direct purchase sales, and the fact that CM gear has always been a dice roll in this game seems pretty shady/greedy IMO. The recent cut in items without a price reduction is a blatant slap in the face. I won't be rolling the dice anymore.

What I was meaning was, that for the price still being 200 for some of the new Packs, for that much, it was nicer to be getting more of a bunch of items [that, if they were repeats or something you didn't want --- you could trade them to friends who needed them, and maybe had repeats of what you're looking for].

What I think everyone was really hoping for was a way to buy specific items that they wanted directly from the Cartel Market, not another 'grab-bag gamble' deal that costs more Cartel Coins. Maybe reductions in the cost of unlocking some more items through the Collections Feature as well?

From the standpoint that many of us on here have been long-time players [maybe also long-time subscribers], and there for supporting SW: TOR for so long --- it would be nice to see perhaps an increase in the amount of Monthly Cartel Coins [based on how long one has kept their subscription current or hasn't let it lapse] given to subscribers [after all, we're investing in this game, aren't we?].

The sad fact is that subscription rates are bottom tier in the profit outlook now. People making direct $$ purchases from the cartel market has far exceeded the paultry amount raised by us subs. Until the disappointment of players is felt in the cartel market, nothing will change...and if people are willing to let themselves be ripped off by a direct money grab in the way of a 60% raise in prices, then that model will be continued also.

The packs did need better focus, most of what was in them was crap that you couldn't even resell like Space Combat XP boosts, and Rep items are gone since they decided to not add more rep factions. And armor now all comes in multi piece packs. Maybe there should be more items, but I think people are over valuing most of what was removed, and undervaluing what "2 items" actually stands for now. Hypercrates also hold more packs now then they used to.

Again, I'm not saying they are perfect, but I think they are moving in the right direction.

I disagree on that part. Those packs are amazing. For 1200cc I get a whole set instead of wasting my 4k/5k on a crate that usually dropped belts and bracers of gold armors.

I think we can mostly agree that the Gold/Silver/Bronze packs are a great idea for mounts / gear / weapons / etc

I think we can mostly agree that the new way Cartel Packs are bundled and packaged is total Crap. Crap crap crappity crap crap. At least if you wasted 4k on a crate, you would have a crap load of belts and bracers and common mounts that you could eventually flip a little bit to at least cut some of the losses. I think cutting losses is going to be harder with the 1 item format.

There is just 1 item in a cartel market pack now - lets call it how it is. A companion gift doesn't count.

• 2 months later...

First off, apologize for the necro, but I felt it had to be said. I just burned through my 5500 CC, and I am pretty disappointed by the outcome. Technically, I knew I was taking a gamble, and I know I have no one to blame but myself, but out of the 4 Gold Armor packs I bought, I got 3 sets from the front page... They really should be removed, as I believe those who are investing in the Gold Armor Packs are really trying to get older sets, or some of the more popular ones that you can't get any other way now. I got the Humble Hero, Destroyer and Thermal Retention sets and a bunch of Czerka shirts. The 4th box was something okay, but nothing special. Pretty much I just have ****** luck, but I really think this was a waste of real money. I think the Devs should take those items out of the packs, if they don't change em, the only way I'll buy them again is to put them straight on the market.

TLDR: I like the random aspect of getting something good, no need to put the stuff we can choose directly in them.