The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy names -- allow us to change them

AJediKnight

I also received a similar response. The question is: is a solution really being worked on, or is it merely company policy to tell us so? I am afraid I would be more inclined to believe positive news if it came from a source that actually developed policy.

I wasn't even told that, I was told if I didn't like it to "change servers". like getting to lvl 30 was easy or something, I'm not a powerlvler, I like the way my Jedi knight turned out anyway, perfect gray path... I would be willing to pay $20 to change thanks.

Edited by Zerverus

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it is worth, I had a CSR contact me back regarding changing my Legacy name.

I assume it was a canned response to a point, but he/she did go on to say that they are aware of many people requesting this and while they can't do it at the time, they are working on a solution to the problem... ...

WELL BIOWARE - WHICH IS IT? THIS^

I wasn't even told that, I was told if I didn't like it to "change servers"... ...

OR THIS^ ???????????

How about something official??

They just need us to change it either paid with credits or cash either way I'm happy. I'm pretty annoyed with my self for a tired mistake I did. Its not like naming a character which can be corrected by re-rolling that char, but now I'm stuck with this legacy name on this server which I have a large amount of friends playing on. I like to see something announced on the issue before I have to hand over my first sub fee.

Just simply allowing us to change it would be helpful to those who basically made typos, but it would not address the issue of every toon having the same surname.

I would love to be able to change it. I think it's necessary at this point - given there are many who did not understand the implications of choosing a name on their mains. But, I would like the surname to be unlinked.

While some would be willing to pay cash to change it - I would NOT. I've laid a lot of dollars down at this point - and we haven't even made it a full month. THIS IS BIOWARE'S MISTAKE - NOT MINE, NOR IS IT YOURS.

Just simply allowing us to change it would be helpful to those who basically made typos, but it would not address the issue of every toon having the same surname.

I would love to be able to change it. I think it's necessary at this point - given there are many who did not understand the implications of choosing a name on their mains. But, I would like the surname to be unlinked.

While some would be willing to pay cash to change it - I would NOT. I've laid a lot of dollars down at this point - and we haven't even made it a full month. THIS IS BIOWARE'S MISTAKE - NOT MINE, NOR IS IT YOURS.

I think the main problem with allowing players to change it as will, or different ones over many toons is that it will loose its uniqueness which they would properly have to dump. Idunno if this is a good thing or a bad thing

I think the whole single surname idea for the Legacy system should be scrapped entirely. It doesn't make sens if you play both factions, much less different races on the same faction. Make a surname option unlockable, but limiting us to a single one is just a waste.

Sure it does.. If you look through History, you can find members of a Good and Noble family that go very very wrong or evil..

Sure it does.. If you look through History, you can find members of a Good and Noble family that go very very wrong or evil..

Sure, this is true; even so with the Skywalkers. But, they are all of the same species.

If I'm some Sith named Joecool Moonwalker, The Prince of Darthness - I don't want some lightsided pantyboy Twi'lek sharing my name. Even if it's actually my alter ego.

It is because I think far too many of them try to go too complex, or believe gamers are expecting a really immersive or dynamic system to be paired with last names. In the end, however, 99 out of 100 gamers would likely be satisfied if LotRO's system was cut-and-pasted here. It was simple, no frills, involved almost zero development, and satisfied nearly everyone who cared about a last name.

100% agree.

This is a valid issue, but somewhat low priority in the grand scheme of things.

I think it should/will get fixed, it just might take a bit.

The question remains, however: is it just an issue for us, or is it an issue for Bioware as well? At no time since the original announcement of the Legacy Surnam system has Bioware even once acknowledged a flub. For all we know, this isn't even a blip on the radar.

I agree that more pressing bugs should come first. However, will this come ever? That's the question that rests at the heart of this thread. And we still don't even have so much as a wink or a nod from Bioware to direct us.

Edited by AJediKnight

I have yet to choose a legacy name as I just hit lvl 27. I think I am going to choose "The Kingslayer" for the lawls.

Don't choose 'the.' If you have 'the' then it will be 'the the Kingslayer Legacy,' and then you'll be in the same boat as the rest of us.