The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gold Armor Sets from Equipment Tab in Gold Armor Cartel Random Packs...

Lord_Khyron

To whom it may concern.

I am not at all happy with the fact that several of the Gold Armor Packs that I bought from the Cartel Market included Gold Armor Sets that you can buy from individually from the Market itself.

I spent almost 100 dollars to stock up on Cartel Coins to buy these new packs, and two of the ten packs have armor sets that you can buy direct, from the Equipment section of the Cartel Market. THIS IS WRONG! and those sets should not be included with the pool of other Gold Sets...

I already have the Stalwart Protector Armor unlocked to my whole Legacy and now I have a Malevolent Interrogator Armor set too. These armor sets will be incredibly hard to get rid of as they can be bought straight up for Cartel Coins...

Now I can understand if maybe I got the same armor set twice, or three times from one of the old set packs, etc. I get the random nature of this system, but these armor sets from the Equipment Section should NOT be included when anyone can go into the Equipment tab of the Cartel Market and go, "I want that one!" click, presto, you have the exactly armor you want.

Please change it so there are no chance of getting an armor sets from the Equipment Tabs of the Cartel Market when getting the random Armor Packs.

Thank you

I was disappointed by this too and I won't be buying any more gold packs until/if the issue is addressed.

Seeing as how the whole point of the gold packs it to assure that we'll get a rare set it seems that direct purchase sets shouldn't be in there since they're not actually rare or hard to get.

Never noticed that about the Gold packs. I agree though they shouldn't include direct access items in the packs, but, on the flip side, those still sell for gobs of credits. If you didn't get what you wanted, you can always sell the set on the GTN and buy what you want off the GTN later. So it's not like you're out of options in this case. Silver lining, I guess.

I think that instead of changing the gold/silver/bronze packs they should change the equipment tab to include all cartel market armors to direct sale. With the ridiculously low drop rate of some of the armors like Satele Shan's or Tulak Horde's I've found it easier and far less expensive to farm credits and buy the sets from GTN. If the sets were available for direct sale I'd probably start buying cartel coins again.

I think that instead of changing the gold/silver/bronze packs they should change the equipment tab to include all cartel market armors to direct sale. With the ridiculously low drop rate of some of the armors like Satele Shan's or Tulak Horde's I've found it easier and far less expensive to farm credits and buy the sets from GTN. If the sets were available for direct sale I'd probably start buying cartel coins again.

Would love it if all those armors was just avaible directly instead of this horrible pack system. I bet I would have spent more money on cartel coins that way. I refuse to take part in this horrible gambling stuff. And some things are so redicilously overpriced on the GTN it just makes the whole thing sad and frustrating.

• 2 years later...