The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Class Conversation Style at last chapter...hate it.

Lunafox

Is there a way to go back to the usual style, where your toon speaks and there are three options? I hate the ancient kotor way where your toon says nothing, just stands there and picks out of a few options. It's nice to have more options, but I hate my toon not speaking.

Please don't tell me that's how it's going to be from now on, cause it's awful. Convos in chapters 1-8 were fantastic, enjoyed the usual way this game does convos. The classic old style kotor way was awful and I hate it. If anyone knows how to make it go back to the usual way, if there is a way, please tell me, cause it's spoiling my enjoyment of what was otherwise an interesting fun time (except the end of chapter 1 and the end of chapter 5, where I almost lost my will to keep playing. :( )

Edited by Lunafox

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way to go back to the usual style, where your toon speaks and there are three options? I hate the ancient kotor way where your toon says nothing, just stands there and picks out of a few options. It's nice to have mor options, but I hate my toon not speaking.

Please don't tell me that's how it's going to be from now on, cause it's awful. Convos 1-8 were fantastic, enjoyed the usual way this game does convos. The classic old style kotor way was awful and I hate it. If anyone knows how to make it go back to the usual way, if there is a way, please tell me, cause it's spoiling my enjoyment of what was otherwise an interesting fun time (except the end of chapter 1 and the end of chapter 5, where I almost lost my will to keep playing. :( )

I admit that kinda got on my nerves when that happened but I understand they did it to give us more options then 1 2 or 3 but they could have done it in a way that didn't make me feel like I was playing a game from 1995.

Is there a way to go back to the usual style, where your toon speaks and there are three options? I hate the ancient kotor way where your toon says nothing, just stands there and picks out of a few options. It's nice to have mor options, but I hate my toon not speaking.

Please don't tell me that's how it's going to be from now on, cause it's awful. Convos in chapters 1-8 were fantastic, enjoyed the usual way this game does convos. The classic old style kotor way was awful and I hate it. If anyone knows how to make it go back to the usual way, if there is a way, please tell me, cause it's spoiling my enjoyment of what was otherwise an interesting fun time (except the end of chapter 1 and the end of chapter 5, where I almost lost my will to keep playing. :( )

Welcome to SWTOR Age: Origins.

Well, either way it's just terrible and I hope they don't continue with that. I'd rather have less options, if if they want more options then at last let it be like a real conversation where our character gets to say things too. I just hated how that went down, and totally killed my enthusiasm. I don't mean to sound like a wet blanket or anything, but yeah, I found it jarring and extremely unpleasant.

I hope they will take this under advisement and not do that anymore. :/

It's not a stylistic choice. Bioware cheaped out on the VO and then pretended it was some kind of attempt to emulate "classic" KOTOR dialogue. There's no way to get fully-voiced conversations there since the dialogue simply hasn't been recorded for them

And yes, you have every right to be pissed they sprung this on us with no warning.

It's not a stylistic choice. Bioware cheaped out on the VO and then pretended it was some kind of attempt to emulate "classic" KOTOR dialogue. There's no way to get fully-voiced conversations there since the dialogue simply hasn't been recorded for them

And yes, you have every right to be pissed they sprung this on us with no warning.

Thank you, and I really am. I hope they won't cheap out again. Maybe we can't get it back to the way it was for this, but for next time, I hope they won't do this again. It sucked hard.

Edited by Lunafox

I completely agree. It was a terrible idea. If they'd wanted to try it they should have done so on a different quest that had no impact on the story and that was just an easter egg. To put it in the main story is just a gut-punch to loyal players who wanted Full-VO like we were promised from the beginning.

As is I can certainly say that if it shows up in more quests in future expacs I'm certainly going to have to consider leaving the game. It just isn't any fun without Full-VO.

Honestly full-VO is one of the last truly unique things this game has left to be proud of. Throw that away and the game might as well just stop trying entirely.

Seriously? Is it simply a decision or is it actually a conversation choice? If its a choice that involves a conversation and my character stands there silent like a moron I will be very displeased.....

From what I saw in chapter 1, it was fully voiced? Does the voice acting just stop after that or what.

Edited by Aumeer

Seriously? Is it simply a decision or is it actually a conversation choice? If its a choice that involves a conversation and my character stands there silent like a moron I will be very displeased.....

It is a conversation like any that usually uses the wheel, except the other character speaks and you stand there like a dim-witted mute moron. You select an answer and they immediately speak again as though you said something (which you didn't)

They're probably just trying something out. If it's only for the alliance stuff and not the main story then honestly it's kind of fine with me.

The alliance stuff Is the main story for at least a few of the conversations. This was a bad decision to include it in missions you can't just skip harmlessly. I'm forced to go through this just to understand what is going on with the alliance!

I'm pretty sure the classic conversation style is only for the alliance system. As all the other dialogue had the regular SWTOR style. I guess it's a way to differentiate between alliance and non-alliance missions.

Probably since when I started the new FP I got fully voices dialogue just like in the rest of the new content.

The alliance stuff is one of the biggest resemblances to KOTOR so idk I can see why they did it, but like I said if it's only the alliance that doesn't have main voices im cool with it, they might have intentionally left it out and nothing to do with time or budget.

I'm pretty sure the classic conversation style is only for the alliance system. As all the other dialogue had the regular SWTOR style. I guess it's a way to differentiate between alliance and non-alliance missions.

Doesn't justify it. I still have to do the Alliance stuff, it is still part of the story. Heck I get to meet

Spoiler for Chapter IX for those who haven't played it yet

Haylo Viz

and guess what. I don't actually talk to them! This isn't a conversation, it is a farce.

From what I saw in chapter 1, it was fully voiced? Does the voice acting just stop after that or what.

It's fully voiced until you get to the last bit, chapter 9 The Alliance. It then goes to this 'classic conversation' style and I can't convey enough, how hard it sucks! I do hope they'll never do this again, it ruined what was otherwise pretty great, well except the end of chapter 5. I just want to cry about that. Excuse me. *goes off to a quiet corner*:(

Edited by Lunafox

The alliance stuff is one of the biggest resemblances to KOTOR so idk I can see why they did it, but like I said if it's only the alliance that doesn't have main voices im cool with it, they might have intentionally left it out and nothing to do with time or budget.

It's 100% due to time and budget. They'd have done the whole expansion this way if they actually thought it was superior. The spiel about it being some kind of throwback to KOTOR is complete marketing B.S. to spin this as a positive thing.