Attention all players and Devs - 4.0 most complained about new feature. LEVEL SYNC

xlDaemonlx

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it is Such a dumb "Feature" and I use that term very very loosely, because I have been somewhere shifted to level 48(I am 65) and felt like i was 5 levels to low to fight enemies that showed up with a Green level

Well Said. You get it and understand. That's something I noticed. On the expansion and 4.0 changes did. Once again Well Said Well Said.

Edited by MikeRindos

I believe the company stealth killing most of the anti-level synch threads sent the very clear message that this change is here to stay and any nay sayers beware. They may retweak the system to adjust balance every so often, but you're kidding yourself if you think it's ever going anywhere. Might as well conserve that energy and just learn to deal.

And yet people can still use that fredom of speach to say what they beleave in even with those like you around.

Im a little confused at all the people saying they feel under powered because of level sync or that they have been killed by enemies or cant get passed certain quests...I must be playing a different game, because I have leveled through to 59 now, and not once has my health even dropped below 90%. My comp is strong enough to own enemies solo style.

On every planet I have maxed my level higher than the planet and have had level sync drop me down 3 or 4 levels, and everything in my path is mowed down with little effort.

Im not for or against it because actually don't see any difference with or with out level sync, so far, 1 - 59, I have not encountered anything that i feel "under powered" against, especially with my chuck norris comp. So if there were no level sync, I would simply be higher level, whomping everything anyway, which Im already doing even with level sync.

Every Heroic I have done so far, i have solo'd (with comp)

Am I missing something?

For console kids like you i don't think you would notice anything different that's a valid statment.

I really haven't noticed a difference. I don't own a single console last one I own was a sega dreamcast. I don't know I qualify for being a kid either since I am the parent of a teenage. The fact you notice a difference if you have even played since 4.0 came out is most likely all in your head. You believe there is a difference so you see one even though the difference is so small you wouldn't really notice if they hadn't told you.

it's time face facts.

1.Level Sync makes the game better long term.

2. You still can solo everything apart from World Boss, Hard Modes and Operations

3. Nothing the doomsayers said would happen happen.

You really not have three choice when it come to level sync

1. Give constructive feed back on how to make it better(making it optional isn't constructive feedback)

2. Accept what it is and keep playing

3. Quit and send me your stuff. you should be able to figure out the character if you are smart.

I really haven't noticed a difference. I don't own a single console last one I own was a sega dreamcast. I don't know I qualify for being a kid either since I am the parent of a teenage. The fact you notice a difference if you have even played since 4.0 came out is most likely all in your head. You believe there is a difference so you see one even though the difference is so small you wouldn't really notice if they hadn't told you.

it's time face facts.

1.Level Sync makes the game better long term.

2. You still can solo everything apart from World Boss, Hard Modes and Operations

3. Nothing the doomsayers said would happen happen.

You really not have three choice when it come to level sync

1. Give constructive feed back on how to make it better(making it optional isn't constructive feedback)

2. Accept what it is and keep playing

3. Quit and send me your stuff. you should be able to figure out the character if you are smart.

Read this: http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/NotArkard/092008/2593_FFXI-Level-Sync-Feature

So that has nothing to do with Level sync in SWTOR. May be you might want to actually play this game before you give opinions about it. I am pretty sure you haven't played the game much based on things you have said. Besides I am pretty sure everyone in this thread already disregards your post for being pointless and just basic useless spam.

I was initially not overly fond of the level sync but it's growing on me. We seem to be high enough to destroy all of the PVE enemies and solo heroic 2s but not high enough not to aggro every enemy that sees us 20 meters away (that's the real annoying part for me)

My personal preference would be to make it mandatory under the following conditions, but allow it to be toggled off and on under all other circumstances:

1. mandatory in group finder for FPs and OPs

2. Mandatory if you group with a lower ranking person outside of your level range so we can still help low ranking guildies in their progression and class story missions with them still getting XP without the need to roll a new temporary toon.

Level sync should be able to be turned off by the group leader for :

1. FPs and OPs as using level 50 OPs to train new guldies how to raid (learning basic raid mechanics and how their fellow guildies play) without the constant fear of dying was very useful in creating a cohesive team.

2. Anytime you are alone. Want to return to Dromund Kass for the Shroud quest line but don't want to aggro everything within 20 meters of yourself on the way turn off level sync. Personally just turning off the increased aggro radius of level sync would make me a lot happier.

Overall I'm happy with level sync but wish it would be refined and include additional toggle off\on options.

Edited by RagnarAugustus

I haven't even touched the game since I downloaded it. They ruined my companions and they ruined planet missions with level sync. I can't play the game like this, SWTOR was unique now everything is becoming like every other MMO. My HK is ruined, it was epic that you could mix Cunning and Aim for ultimate stats, now there is no benefit to being a higher level and master points... nope no more.

Regarding HK I really hate how he can no longer do his assassinate function..that's right my assassin droid can no longer assinate. HK-51 and Treek were great companions that mixed disciplines which made grinding for them worth it - they were unique and now they're just vanilla like everything else.

Myself I wanted to play with it bit before I came to an opinion on level sync, and I have to say that it's actually a pretty good change.

Thanks to lvl sync I was able to play though the The Esseles FP and get my lvl 50 Jedi to 51. Because he was lvl 50 back around v1.0 he wasn't eligable for the Rise of the Hutt Cartel stuff. But thanks to lvl sync I actually got XP from that FP and was able to fix the issues.

Also with lvl sync I was able to do other FP's and get XP from them. I was also able to go to other planets and do stuff and get XP. For that reason I like it, I can go anywhere and do the stuff there and still advance.

But I have yet to feel like I'm even remotely underpowered due to lvl sync. I can race through heroic areas on Tatooine and other planets and never get knocked off my speeder.

I don't get it, now you can finally not be overleveled for a location, no more gray quests and mobs not giving any reward upon killing them. My 65 lvl even deleveled to the max is still facerolling all PVE stuff. I think level sync is smart and good thing that they implemented to enjoy content no matter your level. Stop whining.

And some, apparently many if not most of us feel differently. We like it and want it to stay.

?????

Thanks. For your understanding. Helping me to me understand. And just ignore them. Thanks again.they just don't understand that I'm a 38 year with genetic order. I wish people would put down there real names instead of fake ones. Take me. I use my real name. So that other players understand I'm real. But thanks of helping me understand.

Edited by MikeRindos

And some, apparently many if not most of us feel differently. We like it and want it to stay.

?????

I get the feeling Bioware was hoping that tugging on the heartstrings of its core player base to fondly remember days or yore and the game's ancestors would foster KotFE's success. (Picking on baby boomers?) What they should have simply done was continue improving SWTOR the MMO instead of regressing it into a myopically linear KOTOR3. But that's merely personal opinion which carries as much weight as a single cartel coin.

The story would have remained impactful even allowing group participation. Or maybe they were just afraid groups would spacebar through the dialogues because that's what groups in this game have somehow been conditioned to do. (Their loss imho.) Or perhaps they felt that keeping it solo would enhance replayability via limited exposure per trip through.

Hell, I don't know. I guess the one thing I do know is that the game I've been loyal to since closed beta is going in a direction I have no desire to follow.

This is form a another blog on this swtor.com community blog page. No offense to you dude. Just giving you a heads up.

Edited by MikeRindos

I get the feeling Bioware was hoping that tugging on the heartstrings of its core player base to fondly remember days or yore and the game's ancestors would foster KotFE's success. (Picking on baby boomers?) What they should have simply done was continue improving SWTOR the MMO instead of regressing it into a myopically linear KOTOR3. But that's merely personal opinion which carries as much weight as a single cartel coin.

The story would have remained impactful even allowing group participation. Or maybe they were just afraid groups would spacebar through the dialogues because that's what groups in this game have somehow been conditioned to do. (Their loss imho.) Or perhaps they felt that keeping it solo would enhance replayability via limited exposure per trip through.

Hell, I don't know. I guess the one thing I do know is that the game I've been loyal to since closed beta is going in a direction I have no desire to follow.

This is form a another blog on this swtor.com community blog page. No offense to you dude. Just giving you a heads up.

I have unsubscribed from SWTOR and av no intentions of coming back unless they make LVL sync optional. I really hope that enough people unsubscribe so this game shut down and they can start to focusing on KOTOR 3.

I have unsubscribed from SWTOR and av no intentions of coming back unless they make LVL sync optional. I really hope that enough people unsubscribe so this game shut down and they can start to focusing on KOTOR 3.

I really hope you are wrong.

Anyways, the Jedi Knight Storyline is the base story that would have been the plot for KOTOR3.

I am playing swtor because of the MMO, not the RPG

I'm a bit confused. I've been reading these anti sync threads, not all the responses obviously but a bunch of them. I'm honestly trying to understand why this is such a big deal. Un-subbing over this? How much time did everyone really spend in low level areas pretending they were godly by one-shotting stuff?

I'm trying to empathize with the arguments against it but it's really really hard when they all sound the same. "I want to be able to get to max level so i can get achievements/rewards/mats without having to try"

Am I the only one who almost never went to those planets after i was done leveling there? And even now, the only reason i spend any time there at all is because there's a terminal that will give me all the heroics, and teleport me to each one.

And while I'm thinking about those Heroics. Even with the level sync is anyone actually having a hard time with those lower level ones solo? They were so trivial i rounded up every mob in one just so my comp could mow them down for me.

tl;dr: I dont understand why this issue got so huge. Someone please help me understand. If the answer is "I cant get x achievement/heroic/etc on a low level planet" that doesnt count because I've read every variation of that one

:confused::confused:

I'm a bit confused. I've been reading these anti sync threads, not all the responses obviously but a bunch of them. I'm honestly trying to understand why this is such a big deal. Un-subbing over this? How much time did everyone really spend in low level areas pretending they were godly by one-shotting stuff?

I'm trying to empathize with the arguments against it but it's really really hard when they all sound the same. "I want to be able to get to max level so i can get achievements/rewards/mats without having to try"

Am I the only one who almost never went to those planets after i was done leveling there? And even now, the only reason i spend any time there at all is because there's a terminal that will give me all the heroics, and teleport me to each one.

And while I'm thinking about those Heroics. Even with the level sync is anyone actually having a hard time with those lower level ones solo? They were so trivial i rounded up every mob in one just so my comp could mow them down for me.

tl;dr: I dont understand why this issue got so huge. Someone please help me understand. If the answer is "I cant get x achievement/heroic/etc on a low level planet" that doesnt count because I've read every variation of that one

:confused::confused:

First thing Not having to try. Sounds like your referring us as children. I'm a grown man. Secondly, Why don' t you play the expansion. Ask yourself why the game feels like a single player game?. Then ask yourself have you ever played a single player game?. What system?. Was it Computer, Laptop? Or what game console?.

If you still are confused. Yes, I was having trouble with the level syncing thing. It really screwing up everyone. People like myself didn't sign on and paid 15 USD a monthly fee just make the game feel like a RPG. Which no one wants to play a Single Player Game MMO feel. It feels like your being pushed into playing like that.

Ask yourself how do I feel about be pushed into playing or doing something you don't want to play?. Then the company said oops too late.

Edited by MikeRindos

My only gripe with level sync is that it's not based on individual zones, but by planets as a whole. Instanced content should sync players to the original level of the content, not to the level of the planet.

Keeping the experience on an equal footing throughout the journey would mean players could explore every last detail of the game and all of it's mechanics and systems or race to max level with as few steps as possible, and still face the same basic challenge all the way there.

Additionally, I feel that the benefits of legacy datacrons and legacy companion bonus presence gained from completing their dialogue sessions, should sync down as well. However, I'd be satisfied with the option to turn off those legacy benefits.

Edited by smurftube