EA is calculating Early Access eligibility incorrecty!

Canaras

Taken from the SWTOR.com website:

To qualify for the Knights of the Fallen Empire Subscriber Rewards, the account must be in a Subscriber status as of 11:59PM PDT//6:59AM GMT on the date listed by the reward.

Based on the above for the first eligibility date that would translate to:

August 10th at 11:59PM PDT or August 11th at 6:59AM GMT (This is the only way to interpret the time reference above and they are identical times just stated in different time zones.)

I subscribed on August 10th at 5:22 PM but since account activity is posted in GMT it is listed at 12:22AM GMT.

I should have qualified for the reward and therefore the early access but I am being told that I missed this deadline.

Please someone that can tell time review this post and help CS correct this error.

Taken from the SWTOR.com website:

To qualify for the Knights of the Fallen Empire Subscriber Rewards, the account must be in a Subscriber status as of 11:59PM PDT//6:59AM GMT on the date listed by the reward.

Based on the above for the first eligibility date that would translate to:

August 10th at 11:59PM PDT or August 11th at 6:59AM GMT (This is the only way to interpret the time reference above and they are identical times just stated in different time zones.)

I subscribed on August 10th at 5:22 PM but since account activity is posted in GMT it is listed at 12:22AM GMT.

I should have qualified for the reward and therefore the early access but I am being told that I missed this deadline.

Please someone that can tell time review this post and help CS correct this error.

To qualify for the Early Access Bonus, you must have qualified for each of the four rewards by being a subscriber on each of the 4 listed reward dates. Once you qualify you may enter and play Knights of the Fallen Empire on October 20, 2015, seven (7) days prior to live launch on October 27, 2015.

Did you qualify for all days? If so, you should be fine. I think the question in the air is if the companion that was extended is using the original date, or the correct date.

Did you qualify for all days? If so, you should be fine. I think the question in the air is if the companion that was extended is using the original date, or the correct date.

I did qualify for all the days. CS is saying that I did not qualify for the first reward because they are showing August 11th at 12:22AM GMT. CS has confirmed that I qualified for the other 3 rewards. My point is that August 11th at 12:22AM GMT is August 10th at 5:22PM PDT and should qualify. I assume anyone in the 7 hour time frame from August 10th at 5PM PDT to August 10th 11:59PM PDT are having the same issue as me. Since account activity is converted to GMT.

I did qualify for all the days. CS is saying that I did not qualify for the first reward because they are showing August 11th at 12:22AM GMT. CS has confirmed that I qualified for the other 3 rewards. My point is that August 11th at 12:22AM GMT is August 10th at 5:22PM PDT and should qualify. I assume anyone in the 7 hour time frame from August 10th at 5PM PDT to August 10th 11:59PM PDT are having the same issue as me. Since account activity is converted to GMT.

Honestly, the way I read it was that GMT was the day of, which put the 11:59pm the day before.

I could have been wrong, of course. But that's how I was reaidng the requirements.

So I'd assume 6:59am (the default time) on august 10 (aka, end of august 9).

Time zones confuse me, but I always assume when no date is listed before a time, the date is the date and the time is on that date.

Edited by JWagner

Honestly, the way I read it was that GMT was the day of, which put the 11:59pm the day before..

This is how I read it as well and always have. Game companies rarely, if ever, operate on times related to anything not PDT so you should always just be in the mindset to assume you need to complete things like this the day before I guess. Not saying it's not silly but this is the norm I've come to accept being in OCE timezones lol.

The above is in reference for early access. For the individual rewards the status were posted at 11:59PM PDT.

I see what you're saying. I have time to kill while waiting for the patch download so looked it up a little.

Going from the page I believe you are linking from,

http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/rewards

it says,

BE A SUBSCRIBER ON THE DATES BELOW TO EARN REWARDS IN-GAME AT LAUNCH*

Nico Okarr Companion

JUL 31 NOW AUG 10

also says,

Early Access

AUG 10 - OCT 19

Choose to be a Subscriber from August 10 to October 19 to receive the Early Access Bonus Reward!

and then the asterisk you are talking about

It clearly, multiple times says subscriber ON the dates. It doesn't say anywhere that you have to subscribe before the dates like some of you had interpreted it. So you should qualify and CS needs to re-read their own material.

Edited by Dayn

Thanks. I have spent several hours on hold with CS this morning with no luck. Was disconnected during the first call which was very frustrating. I am guessing anyone who subscribed during that 7 hour windows is having the same problem.

My sub literally expired for one day between each month (game's does NOT take priority over bills) during aug 10-oct 19 x.x, but oh well, that's life, i'll catch it next week.

in another thread they said some people who should have it havent gotten it yet. try logging and restarting

• 4 weeks later...