Shadowlands Reconnaissance Wing STRIKE NIGHT EVENT Nov 14th!

SWCNT

SRW Strike Night!

STRIKES, STRIKES, and More STRIKES! Back by popular demand, we are hosting a Strike ONLY Night to honor the nearly forgotten class of GSF.

Rules: You can only use strikes. There are no other restrictions.

Where: Shadowlands

When: Nov. 14th (Saturday) 9-12 pm est

Team event: Yes. Our teamspeak will be available to everyone. Just right click on the server address at our website

Faction: Republic. Having everyone queue up on one side for war games will make it so faction balancing isn't an issue. Also, we had a lot of people making characters for our recent conquest event, therefore, I imagine a lot of the people showing up won't have to completely grind out a new toon.

Prizes: We will be doing a Prize Raffle similar to what we did for the conquest event but without tiers. We will announce the prizes when we are a bit closer to the event (need to see what stuff is released with 4.0). Only people who sign up for the event will be legible for the raffle. Signing up means replying to this post, on our website or telling me in game, etc. You can even sign up the day of the event by whispering me or another SRW person in game (e.g. Vexxial, Siraka, Xcal, etc). There are no hard deadlines for signing up. Note: If you send me a tell at 11:58 pm the night of the event, no you will not be signed up :)

Prize: 2,000,000 credits, 2 grand starfighter packs, 1 blue gas canister, 1 yellow-orange engine reactant, 1 red-orange color mod.

Edited by SWCNT

• 3 weeks later...

I will certainly do my best to be there. You guys have been hosting some interesting events and it's great to have these chances to get the whole community together in one place every so often.. I'm excited to partake in this one. In case y'all are looking for suggestions though I would humbly suggest that more of these events be made that are also imp-friendly -especially considering the republic lean of the GSF que on Shadowlands.

I'll be flying Zrarrath-Oniqui and possibly Adoria pub side. I may switch to imp side on Vera or Althandra for a few games too (despite being billed as a pub specific event, I figure why not fly strikes when I'm queing as an imp during the event too?)

I'll look forward to seeing you all there!

I was really excited to see this event, since I recently transferred to Shadowlands. Sadly I do not have the time nor much desire to grind out a strike on my pub toon, since I already have tons of effort poured into my Imperial characters GSF. I really don't think the minor faction imbalances are a good enough reason to exclude Imperial players. :(

I was really excited to see this event, since I recently transferred to Shadowlands. Sadly I do not have the time nor much desire to grind out a strike on my pub toon, since I already have tons of effort poured into my Imperial characters GSF. I really don't think the minor faction imbalances are a good enough reason to exclude Imperial players. :(

It isn't that imp players are excluded per se; feel free to fly strike over there and get your fellow pilots to do the same. That would be awesome, and I remember that's how strike nights used to work back when I participated in them on TEH.

But from a practical perspective: SRW is a pub guild. Part of the point of this is to drum up interest in SRW. It doesn't make sense to include imp players in a guild-hosted event, specifically re: the raffle/prize component.

Damn, don't have a toon on that server and will be in Chaleston that night anyways, otherwise I would be wrecking you guys in my Clarion. :p

I should roll a toon on shadowlands.

EDIT: Just did. Someone took my name. :mad:

Eudoxía with a special "i" ("Look! Look with your special eye!")

Won't catch this one but will get rolling with a Clarion soon enough, hope to catch the next one.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Shameless bump.

Also, FYI regarding the GSF packs (a couple are being offered as prizes tonight): they do indeed have a chance to drop cartel ships. This makes sense given the pack's description in the CM, but until yesterday I'd only ever seen random items in those packs like engine reactants/paint jobs/etcetera. But I now have confirmation that ships can indeed drop too.

Assuming server transfer is kind in the next little while, I will be attending. I will most likely temporarily bring over Beekay.

edit: 6:10pm eastern -- server transfer in progress -- Beekay

edit: 6:45pm eastern -- server transfer complete -- Beekay

edit: 6:50pm eastern -- forced to rename -- new name = Bk-strike'night

edit: 8:00pm -- oh F F S -- Bk'strike'night is jammed at the loading screen so probably flying on someone else .. jeez

hopefully final edit: flying Beak'ay

Edited by Enurrsha

Thanks to everyone who could make it! Congratulations to

Erutavruc

for winning the raffle prize!

We had more strike vs strike matches than I thought, which was great, not to mention they were the closest matches of the night. It's been a while since I've seen a domination match timeout. I went through the footage and pulled the close strike vs strike team matches. There's sometimes 1 player here or there not in a strike, but basically 100% strikes vs strikes. Also, match maker loved Kuat Mesas last night.

Matches: