Can we get Nico Okarr at all?

HumbleJedi

For those who didnt sub like me during the time period to the next xpac, Can we get Nico at all? or is he just a limited time companion?

Yes, you can get him. He's an Alliance Alert Mission. The only thing the Sub reward did was provide Early Access via a token. You Will get him

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you can get him. He's an Alliance Alert Mission. The only thing the Sub reward did was provide Early Access via a token. You Will get him

You don't get the alert if you didn't qualify - the Early Access to him was only added because they hadn't been clear that you'd need to finish the story before you get him.

Edited by CrazyCT

1) Veteran players are all swimming in more companions then we can ever use now days.

2) Nico was a one time available, special promotional item, given to players who subbed in advance of KoTFE release. This is written right into the terms and conditions of the KoTFE promotions. He's not a primary companion granted to any player who simply does the chapter to obtain him.

3) If you could not be bothered to meet the terms and conditions to obtain Nico, leave the thread. You have ZERO rights to Nico.

NO you cannot. The token was to fix an oversight in their original terms and conditions. In other words, it was a gesture of good will by the studio for players who qualified to obtain Nico, because they were not clear up front that he was walled off behind a KoTFE chapter.

I'd assume for the achievement sakes there will be a few more chances in the future to obtain him by being subscribed, especially when they run out of HK-55 themed junk, it's like rock bottom with May being retarded and giving ship droid companion customization as rewards. Edited by Lil_Fusion

I'd assume for the achievement sakes there will be a few more chances in the future to obtain him by being subscribed, especially when they run out of HK-55 themed junk, it's like rock bottom with May being retarded and giving ship droid companion customization as rewards.

Yeah, just like those other times they gave out Exclusive subscriber rewards - like the Party Jawa, and the Hutt Holo-trainer

Edited by CrazyCT

I'd assume for the achievement sakes there will be a few more chances in the future to obtain him by being subscribed, especially when they run out of HK-55 themed junk, it's like rock bottom with May being retarded and giving ship droid companion customization as rewards.

Why would you assume such when there's at least one planetary 100% achievement unobtainable due to not having access to a time-limited award. (Not to mention the various clothes and speeder collection achievements)

• 1 month later...

Man, I came to this thread to figure out if it was possible for a newcomer to ever get all the fancy special companions, and there's nothing more welcoming than seeing droves of people passionate about denying content to each other.

Has it occurred to some of you that new people might join the game, which is good for its overall quality and longevity? That some of them might become excited for characters they were previously unaware of, and be willing to pay for them? That people paying money into the game is also good for its quality and longevity?

I get that these things were offered up as rewards, and that should mean something, but six months is a long damn time to most people. After that period, and with an additional fee, most reasonable types would be comfortable giving the other kids a turn at their special toy box.

As someone who by a fluke got into the game right when the HK reward was offered and just met the character, I sincerely hope that people who discover the game later than me eventually get to keep him in their crew. I'd wager that most people sub because they enjoy the game, not because they want to lord their digital possessions over everyone who missed out on them.

Man, I came to this thread to figure out if it was possible for a newcomer to ever get all the fancy special companions, and there's nothing more welcoming than seeing droves of people passionate about denying content to each other.

Has it occurred to some of you that new people might join the game, which is good for its overall quality and longevity? That some of them might become excited for characters they were previously unaware of, and be willing to pay for them? That people paying money into the game is also good for its quality and longevity?

I get that these things were offered up as rewards, and that should mean something, but six months is a long damn time to most people. After that period, and with an additional fee, most reasonable types would be comfortable giving the other kids a turn at their special toy box.

As someone who by a fluke got into the game right when the HK reward was offered and just met the character, I sincerely hope that people who discover the game later than me eventually get to keep him in their crew. I'd wager that most people sub because they enjoy the game, not because they want to lord their digital possessions over everyone who missed out on them.

If you like the rewards so much, stay subscribed to get future offerings. That's the entire point of the incentives program we've got going here. Want the exclusive rewards? Sub. Just join the game and see all the cool stuff subs are getting? Sub and enjoy future rewards.

Many others have brought up the idea of awarding such toys based on longevity of your subscription, and not staying subbed only on certain dates, and I'm all for that. But in the end. subscriber rewards are there to entice people to subscribe to the game, and should indeed be available only to subscribers.

If you like the rewards so much, stay subscribed to get future offerings. That's the entire point of the incentives program we've got going here. Want the exclusive rewards? Sub. Just join the game and see all the cool stuff subs are getting? Sub and enjoy future rewards.

Many others have brought up the idea of awarding such toys based on longevity of your subscription, and not staying subbed only on certain dates, and I'm all for that. But in the end. subscriber rewards are there to entice people to subscribe to the game, and should indeed be available only to subscribers.

Is it okay that we sulk because circumstances forced un-subbing? :D

Cos I really want to sulk over this one.

Not that I really need any more companions. Gawd, but we have a ton now.

Uhm.

Nah.

The thing is, it doesn't seem to work out that way. I think most would agree that the entire lackluster assortment of HK paraphernalia combined doesn't equal out to the permanent HK companion, but every little piece technically cost the same: One month of subscription. That doesn't encourage people to stay subscribed, that encourages them to subscribe on specific months.

I'd wager that most people that stay subscribed do so primarily for full access to the game. Getting a companion several months earlier than everyone, for free, and in addition to all the other subscription benefits still seems like a pretty sweet deal. No one loses anything if they eventually throw major things like that on the market for 2400+ CC, and you'll still have a slew of other stuff to prove that you've been playing longer.

It's the whole "We altered The Deal, pray we don't alter it further" aspect. All of the sub rewards that I'm aware of save 1 (The hutt holotrainer) are cosmetic, and the Hutt is technically a cosmetic reskin of mechanics available elsewhere. Nico is a border case, in that he does have mechanical functionality as a companion available at L1, but it's a very small window . Every other sub gift is merely cosmetic in some way, so people who missed them are only missing cosmetics and can replicate the functions under different skins.

I can't buy the "Founder" title anywhere, or the prinawe speeders.

It's the whole "We altered The Deal, pray we don't alter it further" aspect. All of the sub rewards that I'm aware of save 1 (The hutt holotrainer) are cosmetic, and the Hutt is technically a cosmetic reskin of mechanics available elsewhere. Nico is a border case, in that he does have mechanical functionality as a companion available at L1, but it's a very small window . Every other sub gift is merely cosmetic in some way, so people who missed them are only missing cosmetics and can replicate the functions under different skins.

I can't buy the "Founder" title anywhere, or the prinawe speeders.

I'll never get Party Jawa related achievements, you don't hear me cryin' about it. And if you can't get on without a companion until level 10 (when I think you can get Treek), you've got more problems than a lack of drunken smugglers...

I'll never get Party Jawa related achievements, you don't hear me cryin' about it. And if you can't get on without a companion until level 10 (when I think you can get Treek), you've got more problems than a lack of drunken smugglers...

It's not just a companion before L10, it's the +1 companion all the way through the base game. Depending on how hard you grind your crafting and the rate at which you gain comps, having up to 3 non-story comps (Nico, Treek, HK) over and above your story allocation is an advantage in crafting. The Cartel Pack comps cannot be used for crafting (though you can use them in combat and send a story comp out to craft, if you like).

But the difference in companion acquisition is a class game balance issue.

It's not just a companion before L10, it's the +1 companion all the way through the base game. Depending on how hard you grind your crafting and the rate at which you gain comps, having up to 3 non-story comps (Nico, Treek, HK) over and above your story allocation is an advantage in crafting. The Cartel Pack comps cannot be used for crafting (though you can use them in combat and send a story comp out to craft, if you like).

But the difference in companion acquisition is a class game balance issue.

Not really a class balance issue. Any class can use him. His presence doesn't materially affect anything in the story progression. In fact, if you keep him as your active companion, you're going to miss many opportunities to gain influence with you other comps in the cutscenes.

Bottom line: Sometimes we miss out on things and that's OK. There will be more special stuffs in the future. Giving everyone access to special stuffs means the stuffs ain't special no more.

Not really a class balance issue. Any class can use him. His presence doesn't materially affect anything in the story progression. In fact, if you keep him as your active companion, you're going to miss many opportunities to gain influence with you other comps in the cutscenes.

The pacing of companion acquisition regardless of Nico's availability is the class balance issue to which I was referring. Nico's availability is not relevant to that balance issue. He has a very minor mechanical benefit in that he can be used as a crafting mule, along with Treek and HK-51.

Bottom line: Sometimes we miss out on things and that's OK. There will be more special stuffs in the future. Giving everyone access to special stuffs means the stuffs ain't special no more.

I couldn't agree more. Asking that Nico be made available in the future is like asking that the Founder title or the Party Jawa be made available.

The pacing of companion acquisition regardless of Nico's availability is the class balance issue to which I was referring. Nico's availability is not relevant to that balance issue. He has a very minor mechanical benefit in that he can be used as a crafting mule, along with Treek and HK-51.

I couldn't agree more. Asking that Nico be made available in the future is like asking that the Founder title or the Party Jawa be made available.

Ah, I got ya. It's only an issue for a short time. By end of story, everyone is on the same page. And that's all that really matters.

Ah, I got ya. It's only an issue for a short time. By end of story, everyone is on the same page. And that's all that really matters.

Basically. And they could fix the class balance issue by adding something like the Companion Return terminal on Odessen to your ship. But that's a separate rant.

Yes, I'm all for sub incentives, too, and against one-point-in-time sub rewards, because that excludes newcomers and returnees. I'm in favor of a program that rewards sub time and grants certain rewards at certain tiers. I have all sub rewards since the game launched, and I'd have absolutely no problem at all if they implemented a time-based system that includes previous sub rewards at certain tiers (perhaps in combination with some other requirements like event currencies etc. to not make it too easy :p). The Party Jawa and Nico should be obtainable by everyone after they subbed for a required period of time. The legacy crystals, too.

Date- / event- / purchase- / preorder- based rewards are nice as commemorative items, but they should not be tied to any additional functionality that other player are forever excluded from, like the Party Jawa achievement that can't even be done when grouped with a Party Jawa owner. (The Hutt trainer doesn't count because the same convenience is available through Satele and Malgus statues and more generally the same functionality provided by all class trainers in the game.)

Yes, I'm all for sub incentives, too, and against one-point-in-time sub rewards, because that excludes newcomers and returnees. I'm in favor of a program that rewards sub time and grants certain rewards at certain tiers. I have all sub rewards since the game launched, and I'd have absolutely no problem at all if they implemented a time-based system that includes previous sub rewards at certain tiers (perhaps in combination with some other requirements like event currencies etc. to not make it too easy :p). The Party Jawa and Nico should be obtainable by everyone after they subbed for a required period of time. The legacy crystals, too.

Date- / event- / purchase- / preorder- based rewards are nice as commemorative items, but they should not be tied to any additional functionality that other player are forever excluded from, like the Party Jawa achievement that can't even be done when grouped with a Party Jawa owner. (The Hutt trainer doesn't count because the same convenience is available through Satele and Malgus statues and more generally the same functionality provided by all class trainers in the game.)

They should have made Nico gated behind KotFE in the way that HK-55 is; and they we wouldn't be having this discussion, because he would be straight-up cosmetic.

I bet at some point he will end up on the cartel market.

I know many here say: NOOOO you was not a sub at the right time, its not fair.

well, I understand. but try to see this in my point of view:

I'm playing this game since beta. I have 11 characters all lvl 65, Im a sub and few times I bought extra CC for some vanity item. So, I guess Im really loyal player right?

unfortunately, real life stuffs got me by that time and I was away from the game for 5-6 months and I lost that companion. oh, well...

I really think "everybody" should get a second chance, you already got that Companion early, thats good enough. I really dont see a problem to add that guy in CM for like 2000cc when this KOTFE finish.

Edited by Eommer