BW please Exclusicely Focus on my Playstyle Only.. Uh I mean the Majority's Playstyle

FerkWork

This thread is just a bunch of people crying they are not getting his or her way.

I think you very much misjudged the point of this thread. The idea here is to shed light on the people who actually are crying for not getting their way, and how they are acting.

Get that sarcasm detector checked. :p

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you very much misjudged the point of this thread. The idea here is to shed light on the people who actually are crying for not getting their way, and how they are acting.

People who want less focus on raiding is already getting his or her way. They just want to make sure Bioware knows they are happy with the new focus of the dev team. This thread is just mocking it. No big deal.

Raiding, story, crafting it's all the same terrible playstyle compared to my playstyle. Just like how inferior your playstyle is to mine ;)

Err no, your play style is my play style because you play the same way I do since we are the majority. However I came up with it first so you kinda copied me.

No need. The victory is already mine. This thread is just a bunch of people crying they are not getting his or her way. Guess what? I am getting mine, and things are looking good. No new raids any time. Heavily focus storyline. Yup future is looking great.

You should run for president, you could ops/raids banned from the world!

Sarcasm meter cost 30 CC

Ah I see, you're taking the piss out of all those raiders who got angry about a lack of new raids again. Nice one. ;)

You wholly missed the point. FerkWork is hardcore raider. He's making fun of all the people who think people who raid or pvp shouldn't ever get any content or development attention. Ie. that 300+ post thread about how "It's good that Bioware isn't making any group or mmo content"

They should be playing a single-player RPG, instead of trying to force Bioware into making a single player RPG out of TOR. Those people are idiots, because they want pure story at the expense of everything else, and TOR is the wrong game for them, yet they refuse to see it.

You wholly missed the point. FerkWork is hardcore raider. He's making fun of all the people who think people who raid or pvp shouldn't ever get any content or development attention. Ie. that 300+ post thread about how "It's good that Bioware isn't making any group or mmo content"

They should be playing a single-player RPG, instead of trying to force Bioware into making a single player RPG out of TOR. Those people are idiots, because they want pure story at the expense of everything else, and TOR is the wrong game for them, yet they refuse to see it.

Buys an MMO->Starts demanding single player content->Is HAPPY when MMO in live dev doesn't release any new MMO content-> Actually thinks it does good for an MMO to get rid of it's MMO players.

Seriously, mindset and approach like this is a feat worthy of some video gaming world equivalent for Darwin awards. I find it unsettling and depressing to have to be part of same community with people like this. Seriously, stop liking the game I like and go play ME3 or something.

This thread is now a 13/10 for me. I noticed how one of the reemerging knights keeps getting pulled and this thread is waaaaay over their head.

You win OP, you win TWO cookies.

Not over anyone's head. It was a dumb thread, that I had to put in place. It is a full-time job keeping people in line.

A mmo is not about group content. No matter how much people cry about it.

This mmo blows, and the only way to get new players is by heavily focus on story and faster content update.

Prove me wrong. You can't because how Bioware was doing bad before. Spreading out content and not focus on story enough, and when they did it was not good enough due to time/spreading focus. The game went f2p. It is a joke in the mmo community.

Unless they rework the whole skills/combat tree and get the nasty wow cookie cutter feeling away. This game will never be a good raiding/group base game.

Edited by Teladis

Unless they rework the whole skills/combat tree and get the nasty wow cookie cutter feeling away. This game will never be a good raiding/group base game.

In your opinion, is there a "good raiding/group base game" on the market?

If so, which one (or ones) are you thinking of?

In your opinion, is there a "good raiding/group base game" on the market?

If so, which one (or ones) are you thinking of?

Realm reborn has a decent raiding scene.

Rift has some pretty good raid guilds.

and I hate saying it but WOW raids always fun, even though they focus so hard on raiding now that they cut back other content, and they are hitting all time low on numbers.

This game won't win as a raiding game. Other games do it better, and don't have to heavily focus on story like Bioware has to do.

Edited by Teladis

and I hate saying it but WOW raids always fun, even though they focus so hard on raiding now that they cut back other content, and they are hitting all time low on numbers.

This game won't win as a raiding game. Other games do it better, and don't have to heavily focus on story like Bioware has to do.

Okay, thanks.

One thing that throws me is how much you hate how this game cloned WoW, but you don't hate WoW itself. Is it simply because of the lack of innovation on the part of the TOR devs? Or something else?

Hitting "all time low" numbers in WoW is still 10x the population of most other MMO's, and more population than most MMO's combined.

But they're not that "low" because of raiding. They're that low because Garrisons were MASSIVELY BE-ALL-END-ALL AMAZING HYPETRAIN ZOMG touted as being the best thing to ever happen to WoW, but just turned a play session into: cycle through five minutes on ten alts to do the daily garrison stuff, then raid for two hours on Tuesday and then not log in for a week. Garrisons were a good idea in theory, but killed grouping and the MMO aspect of WoW harder than the story focus in KOTFE is.

There's a reason they're being discontinued in the next expansion. Blizzard learned from their mistake:

In an MMO, you cannot force players to group for content ALL of time, but you must force players to group up SOME of the time, or you might as well turn the servers off, because no one interacting means no one playing with each other which means getting bored much quicker. People will be crying for more story in KOTFE before Halloween, mark my words.

If there's one thing Bioware is consistent with, it's not learning from WoW's mistakes, especially when Blizzard does. There's a reason WoW is hitting its 11th year anniversary in a month.

Okay, thanks.

One thing that throws me is how much you hate how this game cloned WoW, but you don't hate WoW itself. Is it simply because of the lack of innovation on the part of the TOR devs? Or something else?

I left wow for this game when it release, When I played it. The talent tree and my sith warrior was a copy and paste of a wow warrior. Even had the same rotation. That irked the hell out of me. Even my wife Sorc played like a elemental shaman, and her talent tree was the same as a mage.

I will never get over that.

Now today, the game still feels like a wow rip off in combat. We don't have any user friendly options.Addon support and macros. And the content patches they push out are so lack luster that it makes me question how they manage up until now.

Go read Realm Reborn content patch note, and compare it to this game. Even before this game went f2p. They did not listen to testers, and they refuse to understand that if they are telling players "This is a MMO with story is pillar." You need to keep updating the story, and make people want more for the service they are paying for. They could not even get such simple logic as that. What they tried to do is look at wow, and take what they do. Put it in this game. Players did not want wow with glow sticks.

Hitting "all time low" numbers in WoW is still 10x the population of most other MMO's, and more population than most MMO's combined.

But they're not that "low" because of raiding. They're that low because Garrisons were MASSIVELY BE-ALL-END-ALL AMAZING HYPETRAIN ZOMG touted as being the best thing to ever happen to WoW, but just turned a play session into: cycle through five minutes on ten alts to do the daily garrison stuff, then raid for two hours on Tuesday and then not log in for a week. Garrisons were a good idea in theory, but killed grouping and the MMO aspect of WoW harder than the story focus in KOTFE is.

There's a reason they're being discontinued in the next expansion. Blizzard learned from their mistake:

In an MMO, you cannot force players to group for content ALL of time, but you must force players to group up SOME of the time, or you might as well turn the servers off, because no one interacting means no one playing with each other which means getting bored much quicker. People will be crying for more story in KOTFE before Halloween, mark my words.

If there's one thing Bioware is consistent with, it's not learning from WoW's mistakes, especially when Blizzard does. There's a reason WoW is hitting its 11th year anniversary in a month.

They are still going to have a garrison setup. It is called something else now, but you will still send people on missions.

WOD raiding is amazing, they did not update it fast enough..but the raiding is at its best when it comes to fun factor and art/design. They went all out on it.

Everything else suffer because of it. Savage world my butt.

Riiight, I'm the one who missed the point. :rolleyes:

You know what?

This is SERIOUS business! Let's get a little more ragey against those pesky story players.

Anyway everything you said doesn't really matter because if this thread proves everything it proves I'm right and I'm the majority and what I do is what everyone else does thus you love story. Don't try argue it, it's fact!

So let me get this straight.

You're agreeing with a post that you think makes fun of people who believe that raiders and pvpers should never get any more content or developer attention.

Then you go on to say that not only are those people idiots, but they should leave the game and play something else because there should never be any more story content. Sorry, you can have story but only if it is for raiders and pvpers, absolutely none for people who, let me take a wild stab in the dark here, solo.

Heaven forbid they want to do solo story content when their friends are offline.

Is that it essentially?

You don't see anything even a little bit hypocritical in that?

Just me then?

*And just for the record here I think they should release meaningful, rewarding, challenging content for players of all play styles, not just the "MMO = raid or pvp because I say so and reasons" people.

*snip*

Are... you for real? The OP is making fun of you because, by sheer virtue of yelling the loudest and the longest, you've convinced yourself that you "speak" for the majority of the playerbase. So yes, the point of this thread has sailed so far over your head it crashed into a Star Destroyer.

Second, at no point was I raging. I was pointing out that an MMO requires more than just story to succeed; it requires a balance of many features to keep players interested. Despite my endgame focus on competitive raiding and pvp, I also personally love the story in TOR (for the most part - Knight story contains some serious narrative/lore-based problems I won't get into here because it's largely irrelevant). I'm also neither an idiot nor new to MMO's. By focusing on story to the exclusion of literally everything else, Bioware is shooting themselves in both feet. People will be clamoring for more story content within a week, just like they did when Ziost was released. With no new pvp content, no repeatable solo content, no new group content (small or large), what is to keep them playing? Don't wait for the translation, answer me now!

Third, please explain whatever substitute you have for logic, wherein someone disagreeing with you automatically makes you correct.

*snip* Mk. II

No, what I'm saying is that those people are idiots for wanting only story content in an MMO. If that's what they want, then indeed MMO's are not the type of game they want (a single-player RPG), but instead are trying to force Bioware to turn an MMO into that type of game. Because they think they are more deserving than anyone else (as this thread so sarcastically points out).

I also never said that Bioware can never make story content, I said they cannot make story to the exclusion of all else. See above.

They are still going to have a garrison setup. It is called something else now, but you will still send people on missions.

MMyess, they will have the so-called Guild Halls, one for each class. From what I've read I don't think they are going to be functionally equivalent to Garrisons, however. They sound much more like how in Vanilla WoW, Alliance Warlocks had to go to the secret basement of that one Inn in the Mage's quarter for class quests/trainers. I think they'll be more exclusive/class-flavored club, than phased solo-player town filled with NPC's and regret.

Edited by Diviciacus

An MMORPG should have a blend of content, and be open-minded about how people do that content (as long as they're not actively griefing other players).

There should be story, character, solo, group, end-game, crafting, PvP, and any other kind of content you can come up with, and they should all get something on at least a semi-regular basis.

And if someone is paying you $15 per month to play your game, why should you care if they over-level stuff, or under-level stuff? What difference does it make if they're putting together 20 players to kill an elite mob way over their level, or soloing some mid-level group mission with their max-level character?

No, what I'm saying is that those people are idiots for wanting only story content in an MMO. If that's what they want, then indeed MMO's are not the type of game they want, but instead are trying to force Bioware to turn an MMO into that type of game.

I also never said that Bioware can never make story content, I said they can't do story to the exclusion of all else. See above.

Ahhh right, gotcha. If they are truly advocating for purely story only content without any content for raiders, pvpers and those that do fps in the future, then yes I agree with you, this game is, imho, not for them.

That is a very narrow minded view.