So who's staying with their old romances, and who's moving on?

Yermog

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.

With the exception of T7 and SCORPIO, they really went out of their way to collect the least exciting companions. I mean seriously. I hope its just so there is more emotional impact when we run into companions that we actually care about during later issues.. :i_eek:

Speak for yourself. Qyzen is awesome.

Speak for yourself. Qyzen is awesome.

Scorekeeper sees you! I didn't think I'd care about Qyzen but he's an awesome companion!

I think I finally decided to stay faithful to Kira. I did this thing in the Mass Effect games where I romanced Ash first but ended up with Tali but the break up scene with Ash was so bad....I remade my entire game and did a run through of the first game with no romances so I wouldn't be a cheater lol. Can't really do that here with so much time invested even though Lana's probably a more compelling/interesting character. I can't imagine Kira coming back and being like "I believe for 5 years I'd see you again," only for her to find me with Lana, can't get over that! Bravo Bioware

Qyzen is like the worst companion in the entire game. I played all eight classes, and each time I start Consular, it's "Oh damn, it's that lizard again".

I don't think SoR cheating counts. I mean, I didn't really cheat on my spouse with Theron. We just kissed - twice! That's not an affair, that's just a bit of flirting. Same with Lana - blahblah connection, blah blah kiss, then blahblah I have business, see you some time... or not. That wasn't cheating in any form, seriously.

I'm going to complete Theron romance with a Smuggler who ain't romancing Corso, and Lana romance with a Consular who ain't romancing anyone. The rest of my characters will stay faithful, I guess.

EDIT: Oh, and I suppose there're other romances like Koth romance, but the character looks so bland and unappealing... ugh. I guess one of my alts will screw him... and then screw him over.

Edited by Kulyok

The flirting pre KoTFE doesn't count for anyone and Bioware made sure that you had a heads up when it did start counting in KoTFE. I believe this was done because they didn't give the old companions any new dialogue or screen time in the old expacs and didn't want to hobble you due to them failing to include your old romances, and for that I'm thankful that they thought of it. It takes you out of the scene a bit when the box pops up, should have had the new romance mention the old one or whatever (or given you a dialogue option with a warning next to it,) to be a little bit less intrusive but overall it works.

Ah well, I can always cheat/etc on an alt or live vicariously through someone else on youtube once it starts circulating, :sul_angel:

My romance matrix is probably going to look like:

Jedi Knight / Kira

Jedi Consular / Lana (female consular, couldn't romance Nadia so didn't romance anyone...can't stand male consular's voice.)

Trooper / Torn...like Elara enough but my head canon backstory for my Trooper has a dead wife who was a Jedi and figured Lana would pick up on it/fill that void for him.

Smuggler / Lana

Sith Warrior / Not sure, Jaesa's fine but Lana fits his ideal more

Sith Inquistor / If only Seyna was romanceable.....but Lana again. Ashara bugs the hell out of me.

Bounty Hunter / Mako

Imperial Agent /EVERYONE! I mean...uh....

Edited by Kai-Sun

Personally, I've always been with DS Jaesa, but once Lana came in, my character too felt lonely long enough to move on and cheat on her. *Spoiler* Besides, I saw the the letter from Jaesa, I don't want a wife that doesn't have enough confidence in my strength to hold my own. Wether its 5 years or not. She thought I was dead. Same with Vette, but she's too much fun and cool to let go. I also heard that you meet back up with Jaesa and have the option to break her new BF's neck. [Which I will do gladly. Hopefully I'll be able to kill her as well.] (; Plus, It would be weird if Lana wasn't involved in future stories, so I'm assuming Lana will be here for a while. :cool:

I went with my Jedi Knight for the Outlander, and had him be completely loyal to Kira. He is at light V, so it was totally in character. Besides, Kira is a great character.

I'll probably run it with other characters as well but right now that's the only one I've ran through the first nine chapters, and the one who is my canon Outlander.

Scorekeeper sees you! I didn't think I'd care about Qyzen but he's an awesome companion!

I think I finally decided to stay faithful to Kira. I did this thing in the Mass Effect games where I romanced Ash first but ended up with Tali but the break up scene with Ash was so bad....I remade my entire game and did a run through of the first game with no romances so I wouldn't be a cheater lol. Can't really do that here with so much time invested even though Lana's probably a more compelling/interesting character. I can't imagine Kira coming back and being like "I believe for 5 years I'd see you again," only for her to find me with Lana, can't get over that! Bravo Bioware

As someone who's never romanced Kira (not an option) I don't see why anyone would think Kira isn't as compelling/interesting as Lana. :p Different for sure! Lana is like DS with a hint of LS and pragmatic. Kira is LS with a hint of DS and fiery.

My Consular lady is sticking with Felix Iresso.

My Trooper dude is sticking with Elara Dorne.

I'm torn about my Bounty Hunter. On the one hand, the Mako romance was very sweet and adorable and I really like her playful teasing. On the other hand, I could really see him in romance with Koth Vortena. They'd sit around talking about loyalty to their crews and spend a lot of time doing mechanics checks on the Gravestone which could turn into "mechanics checks".

My Inquisitor lady slept with Andronikos and didn't marry him because she wanted to keep her options open for a better match (read: alliance with a Sith). So she'll be romancing Lana.

I will admit I have officially cheated on Kira with Lana, I was not sure if the romance was crippled because of flirts in SOR so I went with Lana on my first knight. The way my knight is seeing it is that it was Lana who decided to finally come and rescue me and not her, plus I used the emperors power to "save" Lana which further cemented the romance change, after loosing everyone and 5 years of his life he is not longer prepared to loose Lana.

I will admit I have officially cheated on Kira with Lana, I was not sure if the romance was crippled because of flirts in SOR so I went with Lana on my first knight. The way my knight is seeing it is that it was Lana who decided to finally come and rescue me and not her, plus I used the emperors power to "save" Lana which further cemented the romance change, after loosing everyone and 5 years of his life he is not longer prepared to loose Lana.

The Kira letter states she's trying to find you and that she doesn't believe you're dead. Don't you recieve that letter during Chapter II?

My inquisitor did not romance anyone my female was not interested in a pirate and my male I have planned is not interested in a delusional impure jedi. When "that guy" talked about my companions I bluntly told him I would replace some of them if I could.

Saw lana? She was a goddam godsend for my inquisitors.

Well I'm actually going to play every character as they pretty much are in their own personal timeline. Some, like my knight, have romanced, married, and been completed conversations with every companion by the time SOR started. Some, like my warrior, are still "talking." Not fully committed to Jaesa yet, so was able to flirt during SOR.

I'll finish the companion story's I actually care about, and leave the rest alone where they are. As it is, your capture is supposed to be a surprise. So I haven't had a chance to romance or learn about everyone's past yet.

Knight: Married Kira, we were young. Then Scourge entered the picture, kinda started giving my knight some new ways of looking at things (Darn those dark points). He was ready to fall for Theron by the time they met in SOR, and he will definitely continue that romance after Theron brings his ship. Kira will probably kill my knight if she ever shows up again, but I'll deal with that later...

Inq: Theron again. Didn't romance Ashara, just trained her.

Agent: She actually married Vector, and loves her bug man. But Theron is so...appealing. She will feel bad about it a little, but she needs support from someone, and Vector is going to be mia. She'll go with Theron until the off chance Vector appears, and then worry about decisions then. Who knows, maybe Vector wants someone else in the "hive?"

Warrior: flirting/dating Jaesa. But not official by the time he will get captured, so who knows? He flirted with Theron during SOR, so he's kinda playing the field right now with a few people.

Trooper: never got to know Elara as well as he would have liked, but wasn't sure if she'd be his type. He was busy paling around with his buddy Aric, shooting up bad guys. He became intrigued by Lana during SOR, so he will continue that. Especially after he sees that she is the one who rescues him.

The Kira letter states she's trying to find you and that she doesn't believe you're dead. Don't you recieve that letter during Chapter II?

Oh I did receive it, but clearly Lana managed to make more progress, heck even T7 comes to help me I can understand the crew breaking up but I would have expected the droid to stay with Kira.

Besides I did previously flirt with Lana during SOR so I was not 100% sure if my romance with Kira was screwed anyway so I decided to do this as I will level at least 2 more male knights (sent and guardian) who can stay loyal to Kira.

Edited by Jedi_riches

She thought I was dead. Same with Vette, but she's too much fun and cool to let go. I also heard that you meet back up with Jaesa and have the option to break her new BF's neck. :

It's also not nearly as healthy a relationship as many of the others, since you have to manipulate her by hurting/killing those around her to turn her to the dark side before she will enter a romance with you, and while it's main hallmark is passion it's not really one born out of mutual kind of connection.

Will be interesting if/when she does show up, though, since the letter indicated that someone was seeking to fill the role of being the "dark center of her universe" but that doesn't really reveal how she feels about it (just that someone is interested in her) as well as implying that she is still grieving about losing you despite believing that she shouldn't be. It apparently hit her harder than she's admitting...and she's gonna be pissed when she finds me alive and well and in other woman's arms. That should be fun.:D

Still, Lana is overall a better person for the SW to be with, and that's why I had mine fall for her so quickly.

For my other characters...I only have two that have completed romance arcs and neither are up to KotFE levels yet, but they will be sticking with their current partners - Consular with Nadia (he's committed to her, and they've been through a lot together, including losing her father while they were aboard his ship) and Trooper with Elara.

Bounty Hunter will almost certainly go for Lana when they get to that point regardless of if she has a had a partner before then, Imp Agent won't have any partners, and I don't know when I'll get around to leveling the others and will have to see how those play characters play out before I know if they will remain faithful.

Edited by Berethos

Well, I think my Jedi will be leaving Doc for Theron...the writing has been on the wall for some time now. :p

My Sith Warrior will be remaining with Quinn. She loves him so.

Same with my female agent...she loves Vector so much she didn't even flirt with Theron.

Sith Inquistor....I was going to leave Andronikos, but after that charming letter, I'm not sure she can do it. Thought about leaving him for Niko Okarr, but now I'm not so sure. Theron was also a potential, but yeah, I think she'll be staying with the pirate...atleast until/or if Vowrawn or Marr come available lol.

Male agent, will likely be pursuing wife number three...aka Lana lol.

Edited by Lunafox

Not sure about my other characters yet since I've only completed the new storyline with my Male Bounty Hunter, but seeing how much it hurt reading Mako's letter, he sure as hell will stay faithful until they're back together.

Yeah that was the worst one to read (I cheated and read them all as I won't get to see many of them), it reminded me of the fact that she had already lost everything in her life to this point and now she had lost me too.

I am re-levelling a lot of my characters anyway so if I don't like the vanilla romances I will just wait for Lana, but going forward if I had stayed true to them during SOR and not done the Lana flirts I will continue to stay true during KoTFE.

Auryn (sentinel 1:) is staying faithful to Kira. He told Valkorion he would be with her again, and he meant it. He's been head over heels since he met her and in his mind, there is no one else in the galaxy for him, man or woman.

Na'nae (sentinel 2): had a fling with Doc but broke it off. Will be pursuing a romance with Lana.

Anna'lee (marauder): married Quinn before the quinncident. Forcechoked the hell out of him and got with Lana the first chance she got. I dunno if she'll remain with Lana yet, or not, but I do know her dearest husband will be getting a lightsaber in the eye the moment she finds him again.

Khieran (smuggler): flirts with everything in sight, had an affair with the Senator, and Beryl Thorne, flirted with Risha and Akaavi before he decided he didn't need to open that can of worms. He would happily have had a fling with master Sumalee, if only she had let him... But something's happened now that he's met Theron. There's actual feelings involved and he's not sure what to make of it. By the end of SoR he'll be completely gone on Theron, and he'll be eagerly awaiting Theron's return in KotFE

Dis (sorcerer): Will be flirting with Theron when I take her through the SoR stuff, but may be persuaded by Koth. We'll see.

Aydda (sniper): Will be remaining faithful to her dearest bugsband, Vector. Whenever I actually get around to doing Makeb, SoR, and KotFE with her...

Edited by missjigsaw

To hell with Lana and Theron (don't get me wrong they're great, I'm saying that from a romance point of view), my Inq is never giving up on her rugged pirate lover Andronikos. The message he sends makes it even harder. :(

Mine is basically in the same camp. Strongly considered carrying on with Theron, but something just felt... off. Andy it is!

Yeah that was the worst one to read (I cheated and read them all as I won't get to see many of them), it reminded me of the fact that she had already lost everything in her life to this point and now she had lost me too.

I am re-levelling a lot of my characters anyway so if I don't like the vanilla romances I will just wait for Lana, but going forward if I had stayed true to them during SOR and not done the Lana flirts I will continue to stay true during KoTFE.

Ashara's is pretty rough, reads like a quasi-suicide note. She's despondent over losing her future with the Inquisitor, dismisses the Jedi and Sith for losing (and is upset that the mixed outlook she was working on with the SI went away with him) and is currently going off into Wild Space alone with the hope of finding something that might be but she doesn't really believe is you.

And my SI is mostly Light so they actually got along rather than PRESENTS.