What will be your free Level 60?

Reno_Tarshil

What makes you think the free 60 {or those some might buy} will automatically unlock that class story {other than a default LS/DS per faction}?

Why would it not?? It's the class buff added to your legacy.

If it does a brand new player could just buy 4 different characters to unlock it {or all 8 for the legend thingy}.

Okay and? BW doesn't care. Money for them. I don't care either.

But I was under the impression that a player would still have to lvl all 8 from lvl 1 first {or at least the 4 for the buff}.

It should work fine. But we will see.

You wont be getting the class story completion from the free 60, they've said that already... if you want the missing buff, you have to complete the class story.

Links? Proof that the buffs won't work I don't see how they can difrentiate from legacy that but other simple things they struggle with.

These free 60's are basically for new players to be able to see the 4.0 story or for existing players to trial decisions. It won't fill in unlocks or complete any past achieves. Myself, I will use it as a char to trial decisions on my main, sage.

Your opinion. Mine will be used so I don't have to level a class I hate to get another max level one.

OP: Sorc or Vanguard.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then u get 40 slots come 4.0, with a free slot for your 60.

That is true as far as I know, though I'm under the impression you only get one free 60 unlock, and every other slot up to 40 cap we'll have to buy unlocks for, as per normal with the 22 cap.

Anyway, I made a placeholder toon to delete and remake as 60 upon Early Access, a character called "Crash-test" heh. He looks like my main Trans, but with grey hair after all the war and stuff :o

Your opinion. Mine will be used so I don't have to level a class I hate to get another max level one.

OP: Sorc or Vanguard.

It's not opinion, dude, it's what we have been told.

The Legacy Emotes, Buffs and Heroic Abilities are a legacy reward given for completion of the class stories: chapters 2 & 3.

Eric said specifically in the stream that starting the 4.0 story thread without completing the original story quests would preclude you from returning to finish them and hence completing the chapters, the instant would be the same. Since you don't do the class story, you merely have a "60"... as if, say you levelled using pvp or GSF or w/e.

Chose to believe it or not... we've been told several times that jumping to 60 will not automatically complete any story threads... simply pass over them. Check the streams, it's been discussed. You really think they are going to introduce the legend status system and then crap all over it?

http://www.twitch.tv/swtor/v/18528261 - skip to 1h55m and listen.

Edited by leehambly

I have all my characters represent people I know. My main is me, I have family members, friends. One friend I have yet to incorporate into the game will probably be my free level 60.

I do similar thing to my toons. Yet, i will dedicate my lvl 60 to my ex-GF. Made her sith inquisitor. Full Darksided. Made her red zabrak with 1st body type and ugliest face. Can't wait to show her cousin :D

I don't think I'll ever use this, I very much like to make their choices in the original story myself. Especially since what I still want to add to my characters are a few Dark Side ones to see these stories from that side, and the instant 60 defeats the point in this case.

The class will not matter to me. I will roll it on a new server, make it a class I already have a 60 of, and use it to provide gear to my lowbies I start on that spare server. So what ever gives sythweaving (armor mods, gear, and augment slots) or engineering (mods, earpieces, gernades, and enhancements).

My main is a Sorceror, and I'm not horrible at it (unlike merc, I suck at that). So probably a Sage, because I want to see pub side of things. Granted it wont be OMG SO DIFFERNT but hey, sometimes when im non stop losing on imp side pvp it might be nice to go pub for a bit.

Fury Marauder. It's my favorite class/spec to play now. I want to see what the story's like, and what you have to do/not do to avoid Bad Things Happening, before I run my main toon, who I really care about, through it. Will be devouring other people's spoilers, experience and YT videos, too. Want to see if, as promised, the play is better but even if not, this is still my main class and spec.

Can't say I'm happy I have to do this, because suddenly having Your Choices Matter when for the three years I have been playing, they didn't, is a pain in the rectal area. :mad:

Edited by AnisaBadgett

It depends entirely on which crafting skills each class gets by default. I already have one of everything, so I'd simply be looking for a free crafter.

Hasn't early access started? I'm sure the information is out there in some way. I need an Armormech, it's the only one I haven't rolled since getting back, I'm not maxed out on everything yet, but I'm collecting mats and only creating what I have to to advance the skill and reverse engineering only for a return of the mats, selling green items on GTN is hardly worth it, I'd rather get some mats back.

I've only been back in the game for about 3 weeks now, I need to get my favorite toon to 60th/59th before the 12x xp dies. I only like to play force users, so I don't have any other type, so if getting an Armormech for free also gives me a class I dislike, all the better because I'm not keen on the shooter types and leveling should be fun, not drudgery.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.