An optional level sync I could live with

IanArgent

Maybe. But its indicative that

a) you already have priority transport to all those missing

b) you already have weeklies for them, available at their respective terminals

c) in case of Oricon you have actual story arc that gives you access to daly/weekly quests AND which is part of critical story path (including OPs)

So yeah, we could speculate its any number of things. Its few more days anyway.

No transport takes us right to the heroic zones in question though, we don't know if those heroics have also been made weekly, as opposed to daily, like the ones from the fleet terminal have been.

And, it's really sad that said critical story path was marred by there being group content required to finish off that arc, same with the CZ-198 story.

SoR got it right with the Yavin story, you could either do a whole bunch of dailies and follow it up with that Revan engagement, or opt for the ToS op. I don't think the devs included Oricon in that stuff you wouldn't be able to finish if you started the KotFE story, btw.

If the older weeklies are all being changed in favour of the more recent weeklies, that would make sense.

Edited by sentientomega

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

levelsync for me is foolishness!

Why i give real money to level 65, when i can not experience thetrue power of the force?

Can you imagine several jawasi can kill yoda or 4-5 sand people kill imperor?

Where is pleased to be strong, what is the meaning to be lvl 60 or lvl 65?

What is the meaning to be strong when lvl 10 reptilies can kill you?

This is unacceptable !

qft!!!!!!!!

I've no interest in forced level sync whatsoever. I've leveled various toons and have experienced the content, and have no wish to re-experience a lower level zone at a lower level. If I'm on Alderaan ot Tatooine (for example) I'm there to drive around and take in the scenery (as someone else put it).

If I want to experience a particular zone at a particular level then I'll just roll another toon to do so. BW - just stop messing with this. I already do plenty high-level content (plenty of dailies, weeklies, raids), and I'm content with that. I'm in-game to kick back and play.

Edited by adaemeneten

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is probably the only tolerable lv sync I've dealt with in a game, but just the same I agree with optional. In GW2, soloing the story or ANY dungeons is almost impossible...! (but anyway)

I'd suggest mandatory sync servers being made of each type (PvP/PvE/RP), along with a free transferr to the servers, so those who like perma sync can play on a server made for it and optional for our current servers. I suggested it before, but I figured one more post couldn't hurt.

This is probably the only tolerable lv sync I've dealt with in a game, but just the same I agree with optional. In GW2, soloing the story or ANY dungeons is almost impossible...! (but anyway)

I'd suggest mandatory sync servers being made of each type (PvP/PvE/RP), along with a free transferr to the servers, so those who like perma sync can play on a server made for it and optional for our current servers. I suggested it before, but I figured one more post couldn't hurt.

Thanks for bumping another buried post. I don't mind a discussion in general. I think its healthy. What I don't think is healthy is creating several threads. I know I said this before. If the people who play the victim can simply create a dozen threads a day AND bump old ones.

Then what's stop me or anyone else from doing it to anything we don't like. For the most part. We know its same minority of people with exception of some newer people. The point remains you shouldn't be able to bully your way to changes. What if I wanted changes to something. Do I keep spamming the forums till I get what I want.

I don't see anything wrong with options, and they certainly have the ability to do so...they actually had to patch out the ability to do so by logging out while on a speeder....as I understand, this disabled level sync.

I am not sure how they would do it....perhaps simply set the level sync to boost you a few extra levels so the mobs would be grey. That might work, essentially bringing back the old system without borking the new system.

At any rate, I think folks would still not be strong enough to defeat world bosses alone this way, which I always felt was wrong somehow.

The level sync is broken. I was originally opposed to level sync because I like being invincible. I mean I was BA enough to get Valkorian's undivided attention right? So why shouldn't I be able to one or 2 shot mobs 10 or more levels below me?

But when I first tried it it wasn't so bad until I got to flashpoints and heroics. The level sync is wholly inconsistent. Here's what I mean.

1. Flashpoints sync you TO THE EXACT LEVEL of the NPC's in the flashpoint. I was even in one instance where the NPC's were a level ABOVE me. (Note: my actual level is 65).

2. Sync on planets is inconsistent where some planets the sync has you 3 - 5 levels above and others have you at level or max 2 levels above.

3. I thought the level sync would work to put you at the max level to keep the quest green in your log. In other words, you would be synced down to the level to keep quests from going gray so you can still earn xp. Musco said this in the live stream where level sync was discussed. That is not what's happening.

Basically it appears that this first iteration of level sync is an "early beta" because it is most definitely not what was promised and hopefully not working as was intended.

That's why so many people are against it. If they'd just done what they said they were going to do in the first place there would be no problem. And I'm not buying that they can't. If the code exists to change the color and xp earning of a quest from green to gray then all the level sync has to do is follow that process. And if it can't then their database architect needs to get a different job. The data is in the system. They can do this.

I keep hearing the justification for level sync "oh! you can earn xp when you go to lower level planets!" I'm level 65. I don't need xp. So that's poor reasoning. If I'm leveling then I'm leveling at planets that are my level, so there's no level sync needed. If I'm mentoring, then level sync can be optional for that.

I spend a ton of money on this game and I rarely complain. But this level sync is, again, totally broken. I feel like somewhere there's a dev laughing sadistically at us like rats in a maze.

And just in case anyone thinks I think the sub money is a ton. No. I mean a ton. I have 3 CE's that I pre-ordered. I've been paying for 3 (that's THREE) subs since early access and am also paying for a 4th sub for the last 2 years. I buy at least $500 in CC's each year as well. I play mostly solo. I'm the type of player this expansion was touted to appeal to. And it does, sans the level sync. It has to go or get seriously fixed so it works as was stated. :(

And before you say "maybe it's your gear", no, I always have gear within 3 levels of my level or at level. And it's always blue or artifact.

Like I said, level sync is broken.

If you want to toggle level sync, you do it by interacting with your actual class trainer found on fleet or at your faction's planetary base (not a pocket trainer, or your stronghold if a trainer in stronghold becomes an option).

While flagged out of level sync: you may not group with anyone under level sync, and you will not aggro mobs unless you attack them. However, none of your actions "count." No achievement advancement (kill counts, map discoveries, etc). You get no other rewards (treasure drops, XP). You may not collect datacrons or crafting nodes. And you may not damage World bosses or any other mob not on a standard respawn timer (named or unnamed), nor may they damage you. Any mob you damage does not give up treasure or count in any way towards another character's achievements or kill counts. And you can't fulfill conquest goals while not level-synced

In other words, you have to be in it to win it. If you want to one-shot mobs on DK or Coruscant, go ahead. If you want to open world RP without worrying about the natives, go ahead. But if you want a reward of any kind, you have to take a risk. And you can't grief other characters out of content on a restricted respawn timer.

The reason to do it at the physical class trainers is so that you can't hack your way through content and get to the very end, then turn it one for the final reward. Most important for datacrons, but there's other reasons as well.

Ideally, if you turned off level sync, you'd just go to an instance for the purpose as well, in which case a lot of the interaction rules designed to avoid a level-synced character being helped out by a non-LS character go away, but the devs don't seem to like to have a lot of spare instances.

optional sync yes, I even agree with shouldn't be able to solo world bosses, the rest is pointless.

Does not really matter to me. I want players to play by the same rules of the game. I want people who "raid" and go back to older planets and be on the same level that don't. I don't care if that is selfish, and I don't care if it is stream line. If I form a group, I like the thought of saying. Hey look, I don't care about gear or what not.

That has to be thee most retarded thing i've seen on an mmo forum so far.... You don't care about gear?!!! Thats what an MMORPG is about! GEAR! YOU HAVE TO HAVE GOOD GEAR!! I have all mods ranked 208+ and i go visit a lower leveled planet and i'm synced like i have rank 20 mods! What kind of crap is that?! As a level 65 (A veteran level 65. Not just a kofte 65) I didn't train my *** off to be considered "EQUAL" when I go to lower level planets! Now when I go to lower level planets, I actually have to use rotations. Mobs actually attack me now instead of me just minding my own business observing other players on their quests and what not. I could care less about the bonuses of level sync. A lot of these "level 65s" that support this level sync crap are those that were probably low as hell and just jumped to kotfe to be level 65. Which means they didnt WORK their way up to understand how we feel. PERSONALLY I WANT LEVEL SYNC TAKEN AWAY. But for the benefit of other players, I will accept it being optional. But as far as it being mandatory?!! **** that

That has to be thee most retarded thing i've seen on an mmo forum so far.... You don't care about gear?!!! Thats what an MMORPG is about! GEAR! YOU HAVE TO HAVE GOOD GEAR!! I have all mods ranked 208+ and i go visit a lower leveled planet and i'm synced like i have rank 20 mods!

You clearly do not understand what level sync changes and what it does not. If you are going to argue from ignorance, be my guest, but you're not going to get very far.

Why they didn't reverse level sync the way bounty and rakghoul quests do, but my guess would be that it would have required a lot more changing of game code than the level sync instituted it. It would have been better cause then people can choose what mobs they fight/skip on the way to completing their objectives. Edited by g_land

Why they didn't reverse level sync the way bounty and rakghoul quests do, but my guess would be that it would have required a lot more changing of game code than the level sync instituted it. It would have been better cause then people can choose what mobs they fight/skip on the way to completing their objectives.

You mean sync the monsters to the character level? How would that work with already existing monsters? Answer: it wouldn't.

i have been a subscriber for now going on 4 years on and off and i have got too say level sync has totaly destroyd the game i used to help friends and others just starting the game with level up and such things but now its just not worth it too get enough ppl for a ops or fp you now have to know they are at a high enough level too complete the content its not just the gear level you have too keep an eye out for anymore now its mostly on what abilities they have unlocked and if they can even go the role they have chosen or just fast que for fast level xp im seing a repeat of kuati drive yards here and ppl used that just for leveling nothing else il soon be saying goodbye too this game becouse of bad development choices if level sync had been optional for all servers except pvp servers i would have agreed with it but this way of doing it has ruined the game i feel il just take up my friends offer and go into game development with his group and make mmos and survival games the right way enforced level sync on pvp and no level sync on normal content maybe make it so there are conversation options for what level the quest is in is a better way of doing this use that for determining the reward for doing it but this way is not the way too go with a mostly pve player base sorry for the rant just realy frustrated becouse i now have too find another mmo too play instead of this one after having paid about 800 dollars too play this game and having too start anew on another game