Serial mass murderes?

MidnightTrooper

Start by saying I like playing this game, but having said that, I was wondering if anyone gets tired of having to kill, kill, kill. I know you do not have to go for the bonus, but any time you kill one to get to your objective, a bonus pops us saying kill 15, 25, 35, & up to 75,

If you do all theses bonuses, you end up being a serial mass murderer & by the end of the game, you have killed tens of thousands. Even if you are a Jedi, you still end up being a mass murderer.

It seems fun at first knowing you are not really hurting anyone, but after a few thousand kills, it gets relentless & tiresome, Does anyone else get tired of it?

Indeed it is pretty funny how Jedi Knigiht

Runs off to save the planet from total destruction to stop the Emperor from killing everyone on it to absorb their life force, though Knight singlehandedly just killed enough people on previous questchain to habit a small planet themselves, and continued on the same phase after. Hmmmm i smell a conspiracy theory!

This is a MMO game after all...it's part of the traditional gameplay mechanics of this type of game. Either you kill a bunch of people, or you go collect a bunch of things, or you go and activate a bunch of consoles. Just the way these kind of games are...no way around it.

Sure, of course a Jedi wouldn't go and kill 25 Imperials randomly, or collect 20 tags from bodies and whatnot. But that's just they way games such as Swtor are.

It is what it is really. I've been playing MMO's on and off since the late 90's and all of them have this type of "advancement mechanic" in place. Does it get repetitive? Yes indeed, but I expect it.

You could view it as purging the universe of good/evil as you are going about your goals. It's still mass murder but for the good of your faction so it's ok :rolleyes:

With the 12x XP that is running you can skip and/or refuse to do the bonus "kill x amount of mobs" quests if you want. It won't hurt you at all. I usually skip them myself.

Edited by Jerqa

If you do all theses bonuses, you end up being a serial mass murderer & by the end of the game, you have killed tens of thousands. Even if you are a Jedi, you still end up being a mass murderer.

It's war, not murder... Though your point pretty much stands versus neutral NPC's (The yellow ones).

But I would like to see some non-combat missions... The only ones I can think of are a couple on Voss that just involve talking to people.

It's war, not murder... Though your point pretty much stands versus neutral NPC's (The yellow ones).

But I would like to see some non-combat missions... The only ones I can think of are a couple on Voss that just involve talking to people.

some of ther sabotoge missions in TSW where sortta intreasting, I'd not object to similer missions being put into SWTOR so long as they wheren't story critical.

Yup had this 'issue' myself years ago thinking there would be more options to completing missions/my story than chasing down people and killing them or killing groups of 3 in order to get to the big bad that I'd 4/5 have to kill.

At this point I'm over it the game doesn't do enough or much in the way of letting you resolve problems outside of killing people, at best at the 'end' AFTER you killed a few dozen people can you elect to capture/spare someone.

The mission text doesn't say "kill", it says "defeat".

In 90% of cases, this means what actually happened is up to you.

I take that "defeat" thing to heart. My Jedi Knight has not killed thousands of people, but has certainly cut off a LOT of arms. The prosthetic limb business in this galaxy is booming thanks to her :D

Edited by Eleonora

I have a Jedi I took to level 60. I did it without the XP boost & actually finished the game at level 58 & had to replay a few of the last missions to get to 60. My point was even that Jedi had some missions that required 30 to 50 kills in just one area if you want the bonus, & without the bonus I would not have leveled up enough to finish the game if I did not do the bonus missions.

Sometimes I don't mind & it becomes routine, but some of it is so close to the last ones, it gets relentless.

Yeah, strictly speaking, Jedis should be leaving a trail of limbless people like what Obi-Won does to that guy in the cantina who pulled a blaster on Luke.

And it's ridiculous that Jedi should get a bonus for defeating more people. And in some cases it's against the story, like on the starter planet, as a Knight, you get a bonus for defeating more Twi-leks. Who are just doofuses following that one guy and not really evil.

And beyond that, why is it in some cases you just "defeat" an enemy, but othertimes you kill them. Like as a BG, you fight Mako's sisters you are forced to kill them, you can't pull your punches. Even though you pull your punches in almost every fight against an actual villain.

No, the kill these many people is just a MMO mechanic. I wouldn't even consider it part of the real story, or else you have lots of deserted planets.

It's called using common sense when taken from the place of an MMO :p But if you need just a bit more than realizing that, you can always remember...WAR! You're up against the enemy and criminals. It's not like the objective is "Kill innocent people."

What would you rather do, kiss rabbits? This is "Star WARS," remember? It isn't about sustainable development using green technologies or farming organic produce for the vegan marketplace. If you don't like this sort of thing there are some "exploration" games out there. Take a look at the upcoming "Tacoma," for example (the space station, not the city or the truck.) There are games out there where you never pick up a weapon, but this is not one of them. Complaining about it seems rather pointless.

Start by saying I like playing this game, but having said that, I was wondering if anyone gets tired of having to kill, kill, kill. I know you do not have to go for the bonus, but any time you kill one to get to your objective, a bonus pops us saying kill 15, 25, 35, & up to 75,

It seems fun at first knowing you are not really hurting anyone, but after a few thousand kills, it gets relentless & tiresome, Does anyone else get tired of it?

I wouldn't mind running for ingredients to make a dozen muffins for a Hobbit.... lol

But that's why I like GSI dailies, they're mostly non-combat oriented.

Dexter was my favourite TV show (even though it capped at S4) at the time it was on, so no. I never get tired of what you describe.

Strictly speaking it's not actually war until after/sometime during Chapter 2 (I think it is).

Before that we're in a state of "peace" between the two powers after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, and you murder plenty of folks prior to then.