Anyone going to divorce a married companion in KOTFE?

Transairion

Just curious, my main is a Commando and his only romance option when I joined was... Elara. Now at first I thought, sure she's an ex-Imperial, this'll make her interesting. But she spends 3/4 of her time quoting regulation is just dull, so boring. Especially with the rest of the trooper squad, for my main/original it just seemed... so boring.

So naturally rather than go romanceless I married her, cause any port in a storm or something like that.

Then Forged Alliances swung by and wow, this strangely light-sided (mostly!) Sith Lord woman is now totally makes eyes at me! Compared to Elara, she's the most interesting woman in the galaxy! And she hasn't spoken to me in years anyway, may as well return the favour... so we totally hit it off, which is hard due to her being Sith and loyal to the Empire and all...

So yeah, I'm totally getting a divorce and romancing Lana. My companions will become infinitely more interesting than "Angry Solider guy, Rules Solider girl, Propaganda Droid, Corrupt Solider guy and Weird Solider guy"

Edit: Also, for the most part new 12exp toons I haven't romanced anyone at all, so I'll have options once more KOTFE romance info comes out. That way I don't have to divorce anyone.

I did the same when I redid ME1 so my Shepard romanced no-one, then Tali in ME2, so nobody got a broken heart :p

Edited by Transairion

Yes, I plan on divorcing a few of the married companios. Simply because sometimes the only option given was boring or I want to go for the same sex option. I'd really be nice if you could ditch the old love and get a new one from among the original companions not only new ones coming along.

If we can then definitely, getting rid of

Quinn

Revel

Doc

Torian

and

Risha/Akaavi

Mako

Kira

Temple

I'm still pretty pissed at how Bioware creates NPCs who fit more with your class/character and would make a better romance option then they completely abandon them..

Edited by Azareya

Doc and Quinn won't be welcomed back ;)

Don't mind the others so much... but wouldn't miss anyone else bar Torian. I actually like the mando kid, but then my BH's are young too so it fits.

If we get the chance to *kill* them off... Quinn is toast.

My Sith Warrior is, of course, going to try to marry Lana and keep being a husband to Vette, because status. I doubt Lana would hate him for it, but Vette definitely would. In the end, my Wrath came to love Lana as well, not because she was any better than Vette in the personality department or because he loved her more, but because a man of such power deserved a woman worthy of his strength. He needed a Sith Lord at his side, someone with status worthy of him. Vette was just him genuinely falling for a woman that needed his protection.

When Lana ascended to Sith Intelligence minister, he knew she needed to be his.

I'm still trying to figure out how the game is going to cope with my convoluted Mara's love life.

Dated Quinn. Quinn was a jerk. Dumped Quinn.

Romanced Theron.

Got bored and vindictive, and decided while I was maxing out companion faction, I would romance Pierce for the giggles.

As for which one gets an airlock. Quinn. Definately Quinn. I wanted to kill him way back in the day, but I still needed a healer.

And Andronikas. He's creepy. Like obsessive sing under your window at 4am creepy. I am going to have to shove him into a volcano, because I think if I just dump him he would go psycho stalker on me. O.O

My DS Consular is going to get rid of Nadia for Lana, Nadia is not getting back on my ship.

My neutral JK is probably going to call it off with Doc, she admits it was a mistake (honestly I just wanted to give the romance a go but meh didn't like it to much and don't want to start a new neutral JK).

On my neutral sniper I romanced Kailyo (just because I wanted to check it out) and I'll be interested to see what happens with her and whatever happens will depend whether or not he'll stay,

That's all. My other toons are still head over heels for their LI's :D

I honestly don't see the point in marrying a companion, you don't get anything out of it, besides some stupid ingame mails and some items attached to it, which promptly gets vendored.

Now, if you get bonuses for questing with said companion, then it would be worth it, otherwise, its just a waste of time....just my opinion.

Well to be honest, from a RP standpoint, which this is, I never understood the point of saying "Yes" or asking the question, if you didn't find the NPC interesting. I mean, if you're doing it because it's the only option, I wouldn't consider you really RPing at that point :p

So why go after the new options any more seriously if in the end it doesn't matter to you.

Why my BH turned down Torian. I liked the romance, didn't like the idea of marriage. I was all, "You're a kid, fun to have a fling with! I can't seriously marry you!"

Just felt like a bit more of an age difference on the BH than any of the other classes for me. :p

Well to be honest, from a RP standpoint, which this is, I never understood the point of saying "Yes" or asking the question, if you didn't find the NPC interesting. I mean, if you're doing it because it's the only option, I wouldn't consider you really RPing at that point :p

So why go after the new options any more seriously if in the end it doesn't matter to you.

Why my BH turned down Torian. I liked the romance, didn't like the idea of marriage. I was all, "You're a kid, fun to have a fling with! I can't seriously marry you!"

Just felt like a bit more of an age difference on the BH than any of the other classes for me. :p

I was just raising affection and tried to avoid the marriage option. What a surprise to find out that I was married to Mako, and that I found out through the mail.:mad:

And Andronikas. He's creepy. Like obsessive sing under your window at 4am creepy. I am going to have to shove him into a volcano, because I think if I just dump him he would go psycho stalker on me. O.O

tsk tsk, you're just racist against gang bangers!!

On my neutral sniper I romanced Kailyo (just because I wanted to check it out) and I'll be interested to see what happens with her and whatever happens will depend whether or not he'll stay,

She's too much like me, she cheats, she'll sleep around and who knows what she'll pick up and pass on, even if i can get it cured in a kolto tank, i still don't want it, don't trust that ******.

I honestly don't see the point in marrying a companion, you don't get anything out of it, besides some stupid ingame mails and some items attached to it, which promptly gets vendored.

Now, if you get bonuses for questing with said companion, then it would be worth it, otherwise, its just a waste of time....just my opinion.

cos it's not always about rewards and buffs, it's part of the fantasy and the story , although making these things more meaningful would be cool

i mean you have a stronghold and a legacy tree right? how about getting some children run around in your stronghold and having some animations play out whenever you get there.. mixed couples of incompatible breeding races would adopt and you have a choice of the child being the race of either partner.

Wait, there are new options? what's happening in KotFE with companions? and are existing companions still going to have same sex restrictions? what about dialog? are new romance dialogs being added? Is there a wedding ceremony conversation?

how come Lana Beniko gets to be a companion and not Theran Shan? what happens to those who were romancing Theron?

lol, Torian seems a bit too green, like he's 17 or something, though he looks older, mid 20s-30s, still you are obviously far more accomplished and world savvy -- i mean your character is. Mako, Torian, Corso and Nadia seem all to be in the same clueless naive category. I didn't add Temple because she just seems a tad more emotionally mature

Kira, Akaiva, Kaliyo, Doc, Andronikus - seem the exact opposite, players or at least know very much what they're doing

Elara, Iresso, Temple, Aric Jorgen, Quinn - are also in their own category

Edited by Macetheace