Please...About Darth Marr (There might be KotFe Spoilers here be careful...)

Lunafox

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As with Wikipedia, i wont fully believe anything put there that isnt backed by the publisher/developer itself. Just because Homer Simpson posts that pink frosted donuts are the best donuts on the donut page, doesnt make it true :D

I like the way you think! *high fives you* I just hope that they don't deprive us of the man. I'm hoping we'll get to keep him, and then maybe, just maybe, I'll celebrate with a donut...a chocolate one. ^^

3640 BBY, Zakuul. Age 62.

Also the somg is In This River by Black Label Society. Written by Zakk about his best friend who was shot at a concert.

I thought it was Metallica's Fade to Black, but either way, good songs, both.

Edited by Lunafox

Marr became a member of the governing body of the entire empire at 21 (while most sith that young are still apprentices) and ruled for over 40 years. He fought and won 2 wars for the Empire. Even if this is the end for him, he had a very good run. Not to say I am acceptant of his death, but I like to think that he was satisfied with what he accomplished. Let all men and women who would call themselves Sith follow in his example.

I'm working on it! In the throes of Chapter 53 Hopefully ready for Friday night/ early Saturday Morning.

I take it you're a Scourge shipper? ^^

Awesome, look forward to it and yes, yes I am <3

As to Malgus v's Marr... do I even need to answer lol

I do think we are in for heartbreak .. I remember someone, on this thread or another, mentioned that any popular character in a Bioware game ends up toast... so yeah, now that Marr is popular.. I don't have high hopes. :(

Darn Bioware and their fan-tear eating employees

I do think we are in for heartbreak .. I remember someone, on this thread or another, mentioned that any popular character in a Bioware game ends up toast... so yeah, now that Marr is popular.. I don't have high hopes. :(

Yeah i think they take sadistic delight in hitting you right in the feels.

Mordin, Legion, Thane. They even had fun psyching us out with Grunt.

Awesome, look forward to it and yes, yes I am <3

As to Malgus v's Marr... do I even need to answer lol

I figured...the request for Scourge romance was a bit of a giveaway lol :D

And no, I don't think you need answer that, you're here and you're supporting our man Marr with that lovely quote. Sadly I have to agree, that I think Bioware employees are a touch sadistic and want to hurt us. It's a bit passive aggressive, hurting the hand that feeds. I hope they surprise us this time, unlike all the things they've done to us in the past.

Yeah i think they take sadistic delight in hitting you right in the feels

I agree, I think they do want to hurt us and get us right in the feels...but how about some joy? At discovering that the feared didn't really happen? :D Edited by Lunafox

Yeah i think they take sadistic delight in hitting you right in the feels.

That was pretty lame. I think they took out Legion because he was a better dancer than any of them.

Just chiming in here to show my support for Marr. Learning about his fate in KotFe actually killed some of my enthusiasm for the expansion story.

Shadow of Revan and possible KotFe spoilers below!

I really love how the relationship between Marr and the Empire player characters can be so different. For my patriotic dark side Inquisitor, he seems like a true ally, another Sith trying to re-shape the current system instead of smashing it to pieces to rule it himself.

For my light side agent however, Marr is freaking scary. After I sided with Satele to treat a prisoner gently, he said something like "It should please you to know how invaluable you are to the Empire." But his voice held such malice that I canceled out of the conversation and seriously contemplated letting Marr torture the captive just to avoid pissing him off that badly.

Rather bummed that Shadow of Revan did such an excellent job allowing for these different nuances in relationship to Marr only to swiftly kill him off in the expansion. And even if other spoilers are true and there is a chance to save him, I've never seen a killable character in SWTOR yet who has meaningful content later on if they live. I would expect an in-game mail or two but certainly not anything as significant as becoming a companion.

Just chiming in here to show my support for Marr. Learning about his fate in KotFe actually killed some of my enthusiasm for the expansion story.

Shadow of Revan and possible KotFe spoilers below!

I really love how the relationship between Marr and the Empire player characters can be so different. For my patriotic dark side Inquisitor, he seems like a true ally, another Sith trying to re-shape the current system instead of smashing it to pieces to rule it himself.

For my light side agent however, Marr is freaking scary. After I sided with Satele to treat a prisoner gently, he said something like "It should please you to know how invaluable you are to the Empire." But his voice held such malice that I canceled out of the conversation and seriously contemplated letting Marr torture the captive just to avoid pissing him off that badly.

Rather bummed that Shadow of Revan did such an excellent job allowing for these different nuances in relationship to Marr only to swiftly kill him off in the expansion. And even if other spoilers are true and there is a chance to save him, I've never seen a killable character in SWTOR yet who has meaningful content later on if they live. I would expect an in-game mail or two but certainly not anything as significant as becoming a companion.

Thanks for the support! I felt the same way myself, I went from thrilled to freaked out and disappointed. I still have hope, but yeah, it's damaged my enthusiasm. I enjoyed Marr's relationship with my Imp toons, but also my dark side Jedi. I really wish we'd have the chance to let him corrupt us. :D Oops, did I say that aloud? ;)

SoR did an amazing job with him, and I really do hope he will continue to have a significant impact on us, preferably not as a force ghost, but alive. He would be an awesome companion. Let's hope this is a first for them, and we get what we want. :D

Malgus is the reason that the whole Makeb mission needed to happen, Malgus can go straight to hell

Agreed. Not a fan of Malgus at all.

Thanks for the support! I felt the same way myself, I went from thrilled to freaked out and disappointed. I still have hope, but yeah, it's damaged my enthusiasm. I enjoyed Marr's relationship with my Imp toons, but also my dark side Jedi. I really wish we'd have the chance to let him corrupt us. :D Oops, did I say that aloud? ;)

SoR did an amazing job with him, and I really do hope he will continue to have a significant impact on us, preferably not as a force ghost, but alive. He would be an awesome companion. Let's hope this is a first for them, and we get what we want. :D

Agreed. Not a fan of Malgus at all.

Next companion, GHOST MARR! :D

Malgus has been the most over-hyped villain in the Star Wars Galaxy, ever.

He had minimal NPC appearances. You make no bond with him, either hateful or brotherly. He is not nor was ever even on the Dark Council.

He is like a decorated military veteran who stages the shortest-lived que of all time. He is crushed.

Malgus was an idiot. He didn't start a civil war, he had almost no backing outside aliens and a small Imperial Guard contingent. He stole a space station, zipped over to the most remote-*** planet he could find and invaded it. Brilliant way to let the full fury of the Empire rain down on you, not even the slightest concern of collateral damage.

Darth "I will see you break" Marr would have toasted him in one-on-one combat. In the game, nobody within the Empire directly locks horns with him. The fact that Marr is more interested in Makeb and the Hutts than Malgus shows how little he is concerned with the Betrayer. He takes is role as the head of the Sphere of the Defense more seriously than the others do. He would have directly intervened if he was concerned.

Until I see official comment from Bioware or I finish all the KOTFE, I am holding out the briefest glimmer of hope what we saw on Zakuul is not the end of his story.

Next companion, GHOST MARR! :D
I wouldn't be shocked. They hate us. :(

He had minimal NPC appearances. You make no bond with him, either hateful or brotherly. He is not nor was ever even on the Dark Council.

He is like a decorated military veteran who stages the shortest-lived que of all time. He is crushed.

Malgus was an idiot. He didn't start a civil war, he had almost no backing outside aliens and a small Imperial Guard contingent. He stole a space station, zipped over to the most remote-*** planet he could find and invaded it. Brilliant way to let the full fury of the Empire rain down on you, not even the slightest concern of collateral damage.

Darth "I will see you break" Marr would have toasted him in one-on-one combat. In the game, nobody within the Empire directly locks horns with him. The fact that Marr is more interested in Makeb and the Hutts than Malgus shows how little he is concerned with the Betrayer. He takes is role as the head of the Sphere of the Defense more seriously than the others do. He would have directly intervened if he was concerned.

Until I see official comment from Bioware or I finish all the KOTFE, I am holding out the briefest glimmer of hope what we saw on Zakuul is not the end of his story.

Agreed! It would have been fun to watch Malgus get his butt handed to him by Marr. That would have been excellent. Marr was able to interact with the PC and make them feel like a valued team member even if they weren't force users. Malgus just talked down to everyone and made them feel like a lackey, which just isn't right when you consider SI's and SW's positions. Malgus is nothing to them, and should have been treated as nothing. No love for Malgus here, it's all about Marr.

Like you, I still have a glimmer of hope, I hope considering all the other abusive changes they've inflicted on people, they'll at least see fit to let us save Marr.

Well I read the book and actually found myself liking Malgus....Then he put on the idiot hat for this game ''Yes, my plan is flawless. I will take a small army and declare war on two significantly bigger factions! Nothing could go wrong because of my technology. MY PLAN BRILLIANT!"

I really love Darth Marr, he is my favorite Dark councillor and I'd go as far as to say favorite NPC too...and if he was made a companion, I'd even have to say he'd claim the top spot for that too.

So...

Please Bioware writers, don't kill him off, let us have him back, preferably living not as a ghost...let us have a wonderful reunion with him...Please...I'm begging here...and that's just a bit sad, but I am. Let him live! If there are any Darth Marr supporters, please...help. Thanks :)

Agreed 100%! I love Darth Marr! <3 Which is why I don't understand....

...why they won't let us have this one NPC to keep around, especially with all of the emphasis on "choices". Maybe they were trying to set up Vitiate/Valkorian as a big bad dude by having him strike down Marr, but for me it works in reverse. He seems more of an arrogant coward and I am not looking forward to the expansion and the game in general if we don't even have a chance of saving Marr. I mean at least give him the decency of an epic death worthy of the amazing samurai that he is! (As painful as that would be for my SI)

They had ONE really authentic and well made imperial NPC and they killed him in the first few minutes.

I knew they are stupid, but didn't thought they are THAT stupid.

So glad that Fallout 4 is out next month.

I can eventually desintall this game then and put it in the same trash can as the disney movies.

* moves away and watches the old star wars triology for the rest of his live *

PS: wasn't that pissed anymore about a *********** game since the Mass Effect 3 Ending.

I should take this post and pin it on the wall beside my pc-screen, maybe it prevents me from preordering ME Andromeda.

Edited by NexDark

Marr is one of the only powerful, practical, distinctly alpha Male personality characters in the game. He is not some skirt chasing romeo-wannabe creep or naive pretty boy-toy that the developers seem to *think* women like. He is the only male npc that I, as a female gamer who plays only female characters, found distinctly interesting to know more about.

And you kill him off and leave me with this... spineless blonde trollop of Lana who I do not want and can't seem to get through her pathetic doe-eyed head that I never will? Now, I understand that it is PC to include the option for a same-sex relationship in a character's storyline but it would be nice to have the option of informing an npc that you are flat out not interested early in the storyline interaction. It is rather annoying that I have now informed this particular npc that I would prefer her to take a long walk out of a short airlock multiple times and yet here I am stuck with her and Marr, whom I would rather have had and would have sacrificed Lana for without blinking an eye, is dead?

Not happy in the slightest. :mad:

Still quite annoyed that "SHE" is still bloody alive I smell the favoritism bioware I expected her to be either dead or fallen to the dark side but nope seems she is invincible while all the interesting empire characters keep getting killed off. That's the only low point of the expansion for me.

Still quite annoyed that "SHE" is still bloody alive I smell the favoritism bioware I expected her to be either dead or fallen to the dark side but nope seems she is invincible while all the interesting empire characters keep getting killed off. That's the only low point of the expansion for me.

What? I thought it was great that she was alive and talking with him. :)

What's annoying is people thinking they need to kill off one for one on characters. That idea never made sense and is actually one of the stupidest ideas when it comes to writing stories.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.