The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please...About Darth Marr (There might be KotFe Spoilers here be careful...)

Lunafox

Someone already did, you didn't think the rest of the council were going to wait for your return?

Well technically my sith inquisitor now has the power of the emperor in him... Somehow I just don't see how anybody from the dark councel. not even that little Empress would be able to even scratch my character.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say he doesn't have any inconveniences from the dark side, it says in the lore that it's killing him because he's so empowered by the dark side...if that's not an inconvenience I don't know what is.

You beat me to it.

I find the viewpoint that Sith cannot be reasonable or charismatic to be overly simplistic. I like complexity in my characters, even in glorified space opera settings.

I wouldn't say he doesn't have any inconveniences from the dark side, it says in the lore that it's killing him because he's so empowered by the dark side...if that's not an inconvenience I don't know what is.

Actually, it makes things even worse, because it's a convenient/romantic weakness. And completely contrary to the actual lore by the way, since the dark side, on the contrary, keeps you alive.

It's a classic trope, because it's very emotional, but you don't have to actually address it ever. Breaking Bad, BSG...

Actually, it makes things even worse, because it's a convenient/romantic weakness. And completely contrary to the actual lore by the way, since the dark side, on the contrary, keeps you alive.

It's a classic trope, because it's very emotional, but you don't have to actually address it ever. Breaking Bad, BSG...

Well, could be worse, could be like the Neverwinter Nights 2 ending...

"Rocks fall, everyone dies" :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Them is fightin' words. Except the part about Satele and Saresh. :D

This!

I actually don't mind Satele. But after Marr and Malgus, it's about time for an iconic Jedi death. :D

On another note, my rank 20 Marr is taking a beating after the companion nerf. So much so that in the middle of a tough fight, I heard him say: "Death... is near..." And I was all, "Hey, I've never heard that line before, that sounded really cool! Wait, what? Noooo!" (shield, heal, heal, heal)

He did not die, thankfully. Guess I'll have to be more careful from now on. :)

NEWSFLASH!!

Darth Marr actually committed suicide.... he obviously saw the massive nerf about to befall him, and in a fit of depression, threw himself at overwhelming odds rather than face what he knew was soon to come.

True story bro...

NEWSFLASH!!

Darth Marr actually committed suicide.... he obviously saw the massive nerf about to befall him, and in a fit of depression, threw himself at overwhelming odds rather than face what he knew was soon to come.

True story bro...

That's probably why Satele went camping too. ;):p

What makes him any different to Darth Malgus? I mentioned this before but I might the only one thinking this, I wanted the Emperor to consume the galaxy. I would have been pleased to be the last ( Wrath ). Darth Marr giving me the title "Empire's Wrath" and my character just takes it because hey I dont know how to make decisions on his own because story telling. I was SOOOO happy to see Marr blasted. Biggest smile. Now I hope he stays dead.

... I wanted the Emperor to consume the galaxy. I would have been pleased to be the last ( Wrath ). ... because hey I dont know how to make decisions on his own because story telling.....

Can not blame them for not taking such a far fetched, insane - even for a Sith it's insane - character perspective into account.

What makes him any different to Darth Malgus? I mentioned this before but I might the only one thinking this, I wanted the Emperor to consume the galaxy. I would have been pleased to be the last ( Wrath ). Darth Marr giving me the title "Empire's Wrath" and my character just takes it because hey I dont know how to make decisions on his own because story telling. I was SOOOO happy to see Marr blasted. Biggest smile. Now I hope he stays dead.

There's a huge difference between Marr and Malgus. I actually wanted to do things for Marr and relished the respect he gave. Malgus treated the player character like a lackey not an equal, and acted so superior to us. Mostly with Malgus I just wanted to tell him to go phuck himself.

I hated Malgus with the flaming passion of a thousand suns going nova all at once, and rejoiced at his death. But with Marr, it still depresses me what happened, and I want him back, alive. Badly.

Edited by Lunafox

This was the hardest thing for me to accept. He was my favorite character from the entire KOTOR/TOR era!

However, to honor the character he had to die. He would never submit to the rule of another, including the Eternal Empire. He would have died fighting somebody, be it Valkorian, a thousand Knights, Valyin, Arcaan, combos of both. Marr is a sith that believes in the Empire and is very proud. Had he lived, they would need to totally change his personality.

This is my rationalization. I need something to help with the loss...

I want to know the fate of each Council member. It is time Darth Riktus and Darth Aruk were given toons. I am hoping that a couple went into hiding and can become later companions or play a role.

We know what happened to four of the twelve. I am assuming the vacancies left by Hadra, Acheron, Decimus and Arkus were filled. Nox, Marr, Vowrawn and Acina are accounted for. What about the others?

Lots of people don't play the story and sacrifice the ability to run star fortresses so they can have marr as their companion. :)

Well I'm a story player, it's in my blood, I *have* to play it. I found out after I took my mains through it, that you can stop and keep Marr. I guess I'm just too compulsive to bring myself to stop. I may on one of my alts...

It's just a hard thing, when you really enjoyed a character, to have to let it go. :/ There's enough hard bad stuff in real life, that you don't really need it in game too.

There's a huge difference between Marr and Malgus. I actually wanted to do things for Marr and relished the respect he gave. Malgus treated the player character like a lackey not an equal, and acted so superior to us. Mostly with Malgus I just wanted to tell him to go phuck himself.

I hated Malgus with the flaming passion of a thousand suns going nova all at once, and rejoiced at his death. But with Marr, it still depresses me what happened, and I want him back, alive. Badly.

Well I'm a story player, it's in my blood, I *have* to play it. I found out after I took my mains through it, that you can stop and keep Marr. I guess I'm just too compulsive to bring myself to stop. I may on one of my alts...

It's just a hard thing, when you really enjoyed a character, to have to let it go. :/ There's enough hard bad stuff in real life, that you don't really need it in game too.

Very much agreed. Malgus was a punk, he reminds me of Valkorion in his ultra desire to rule. Darth Marr lived for the Empire only. And I also agree that I cant just stop playing the story to just keep Marr as a companion. It isnt right, since technically hes suppose to be "dead" or dead.

Call me a hopeless optimistic, but Im still hoping that in some way we will see Darth Marr in the future...alive.

I stopped playing the story on my Inquisitor to keep Marr as a companion. If he never becomes available again through later chapters (Force Ghost Marr?) then I'm content to let that character hang out indefinitely in that timeline. It's kind of nice because I can run the instanced heroics with Marr and then transfer the rewarded Alliance crates through legacy storage to my other char who made it through KotFE.

You're right about it being hard sometimes to let characters go. I find it much more difficult in games like these than books or movies. Probably because all the dialog interaction and choices make it feel more immersive? It's that illusion of control I guess. :)

I stopped playing the story on my Inquisitor to keep Marr as a companion. If he never becomes available again through later chapters (Force Ghost Marr?) then I'm content to let that character hang out indefinitely in that timeline. It's kind of nice because I can run the instanced heroics with Marr and then transfer the rewarded Alliance crates through legacy storage to my other char who made it through KotFE.

You're right about it being hard sometimes to let characters go. I find it much more difficult in games like these than books or movies. Probably because all the dialog interaction and choices make it feel more immersive? It's that illusion of control I guess. :)

It is harder in games like this, that's true. Like you say, it's because you interact with them more and make choices and that gives it more...gravitas. I've cried over losses in books and movies, but in this game, the loss felt almost too real, I was pretty upset about it for days. Still am, but I'm getting better about it. I think I'll have to try and get myself a Marr on one of my lowbies to keep. Then at least I can see him alive once in a while. :o

I'm sorry OP I liked him too but he is gone, Obviously you didnt see him talking to satele shan? Well dont want to ruin it if ya didnt. In the story he had to go tho so YOU become the leader instead of him this time. But he will be missed.

Oh, I've seen it several times, doesn't get any easier. That's the scene where it drove it home, but I like to have hope. Stranger things have happened, I'm not holding my breath, but I hope he'll be able to live again.

I realize why they did what they did story wise, it's just unfortunate, but I appreciate your kind words and understanding towards a character we and many others really enjoyed. :)

This is exactly what i did with my Sin ^_^ (His name in my sig is a link to a screeny showing i got him to level 50 Influence :D)

This is exactly what i did with my Sin ^_^ (His name in my sig is a link to a screeny showing i got him to level 50 Influence :D)

I'm thoroughly torn between putting my new Agent through KOFTE and losing Marr, or getting Marr and keeping him. On one side, I'm a completionist so the temptation to go through KOFTE is HUGE. On the other hand, Marr! :(

I also saw the statue. It is awesome :D

I'm thoroughly torn between putting my new Agent through KOFTE and losing Marr, or getting Marr and keeping him. On one side, I'm a completionist so the temptation to go through KOFTE is HUGE. On the other hand, Marr! :(

I also saw the statue. It is awesome :D

This is why i have 20 characters.. so i can stop any of them wherever i need to ^_~

This is why i have 20 characters.. so i can stop any of them wherever i need to ^_~

I have a fair amount as well, around 13 or so... And my OCD demands they all be taken through :(. Though after consulting with myself logically, I'll be parking my Agent after Ziost :)

It is harder in games like this, that's true. Like you say, it's because you interact with them more and make choices and that gives it more...gravitas. I've cried over losses in books and movies, but in this game, the loss felt almost too real, I was pretty upset about it for days. Still am, but I'm getting better about it. I think I'll have to try and get myself a Marr on one of my lowbies to keep. Then at least I can see him alive once in a while. :o

I'm sorry OP I liked him too but he is gone, Obviously you didnt see him talking to satele shan? Well dont want to ruin it if ya didnt. In the story he had to go tho so YOU become the leader instead of him this time. But he will be missed.

Very true. I can get sad over movies but games, you enter this new world. And the characters are so good that it feels like, well true friendship. If anyone here has played Mass Effect 3 you know what Im talking about. :p Yeah horrible ending but thats not what Im referring to. Im referring too how close you end up feeling to the characters. Its almost like their real and not just a bunch of 1s and 0s in a machine. Our feelings towards them are real so in a way I guess you can say they are real. Ive seen many referrals to Mass Effect 3 like "You will probably never find such an amazing loyal group of friends ever again in your life". That is very true, and its one reason we hate seeing characters go. Like now with Marr and HK-55.

Sure we didnt interact much with Marr but enough for us too get an opinion of him. If hes really gone for good then he will be deeply missed and The Empire will have lost its greatest fighter. I know like you said Fallensouls its so we can become the leader. But it just feels wrong to me, like Marr is suppose too be here and be the leader.

Very true. I can get sad over movies but games, you enter this new world. And the characters are so good that it feels like, well true friendship. If anyone here has played Mass Effect 3 you know what Im talking about. :p

Yep! Loved that series. I know stories aren't very compelling without conflict, but sometimes I wish I could take my favorite BioWare characters and stick them in bubble wrap to avoid the inevitable suffering, betrayal, and/or death. :)

Also, I managed to snag a Darth Marr statue off the GTN and it looks awesome! I find it interesting that most of the commemorative ally statues feature action poses with weapons drawn, but Marr's is simply standing with arms folded. I can totally imagine Theron Shan posing like 10 different ways for his own statue, while Marr would just cross his arms in silence until the civic artisan wasting his time backed away slowly. :D