The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please...About Darth Marr (There might be KotFe Spoilers here be careful...)

Lunafox

Also, if you leave the story before he dies, he works fine as a companion. Technology is his favorite companion gift. :p

Here's hoping the devs don't 'fix' that any time soon. But yep, seems to be technology, then weapons, then military gear.

Also, I agree wholeheartedly about his voice. No one says 'Die!' quite like Darth Marr. Maybe he has a brother who's in dire need of a good ghost possession. :D

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's hoping the devs don't 'fix' that any time soon. But yep, seems to be technology, then weapons, then military gear.

Also, I agree wholeheartedly about his voice. No one says 'Die!' quite like Darth Marr. Maybe he has a brother who's in dire need of a good ghost possession. :D

Agreed. I always giggle when he kills a mob just as he says "Die"

Additiinal giggles when a mob attacks him and he says "Fool"

Although two times now when that happened I heard B.A. Barakas chime in in my head "I pity the fool..." lol.. my mind is a strange strange place....

From my experience, it seems he likes technology, then trophy, then military gear and weapons equally. I did not try any of the new categories, however.

At influence rank 15, using green rank 2 gifts, I got:

Technology: 92 influence

Trophy: 52 influence

Military Gear: 23 influence

Weapon: 23 influence

All the other original gifts said they wouldn't give influence gains. I took those tooltips at face value.

Edit:

I miss the little things he said as a companion, too. :(

Edited by ZXFiveNineAFour

As much as I liked Marr, for me the low point was...

HK: Master!? Self Sacrifice!!

Later when Scorpio made her comment about HK being too stupid to live, I wanted to shove my lightsaber through her right then and there.

Edited by soulseekerr

From my experience, it seems he likes technology, then trophy, then military gear and weapons equally. I did not try any of the new categories, however.

Oh, I didn't try trophies! Thanks for the info. :)

Later when Scorpio made her comment about HK being too stupid to live, I wanted to shove my lightsaber through her right then and there.

My agent likes Scorpio, but I wasn't too thrilled with her at that point either. However...

I don't buy for one second that HK-55 is gone for good. An droid that can't be repaired? Not a chance! We'll probably have to collect parts or something first, but I'm sure he'll be back at some point later in the story.

I'd forgotten about that in my Marr sadness. I guess that means BioWare enjoys collecting fan tears from people who like a variety of characters, dark and light. At least we know our player characters will always be safe right? Right?!?

I'd forgotten about that in my Marr sadness. I guess that means BioWare enjoys collecting fan tears from people who like a variety of characters, dark and light. At least we know our player characters will always be safe right? Right?!?

Yeah they do, Legion, Mordin, and even Thanes deaths in Mass Effect 3 were sad sad moments.

Dragon Age Origins I had to revert to an old save to have Alistair do Morrigans ritual so he wouldnt die...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Oh, I didn't try trophies! Thanks for the info. :)

Yeah, I was a little surprised. Marr doesn't seem like the type to collect trophies to me. But then, who knows how he decorated his quarters in that ship of his.

I don't buy for one second that HK-55 is gone for good. An droid that can't be repaired? Not a chance! We'll probably have to collect parts or something first, but I'm sure he'll be back at some point later in the story.

When I was playing through the first time, some people in chat started talking about HK. One random person replied with "my HK didn't die." But then, others complained about spoilers and that statement was never clarified.

He may have been lying. He may have been joking. He may have just not gotten to that point in the story. I don't know. But, my next goal is to try to play through in some way that keeps HK alive. My best guess would be to either try to make him hate you or maybe have something to do with the one choice where you can change his programming.

I don't know, though. I'm still skeptical.

Yeah agreed. Scorpio is kinda *****y.

Yeah they do, Legion, Mordin, and even Thanes deaths in Mass Effect 3 were sad sad moments.

Dragon Age Origins I had to revert to an old save to have Alistair do Morrigans ritual so he wouldnt die...

Mass Effect..and here comes the flashback to all the tears we shed while plaything through that epic trilogy. I hate that no matter what Leigon dies, Im like damn it! He was so epic. Thane, he was dying anyway. At least now his death had a purpose. Mordin, I let him go. I couldnt trick Wrex and/or Grunt and the entire Krogan species. Mordin "had to be me, someone else might have gotten it wrong."

But one more of the dussin reasons I think Marr is alive. Well if Im not mistaken, Bioware was quick enough to make a sort of memorial statue for Malgus when he died. If a slimy traitor like him can get a statue. Then if Marr is really dead he should have a statue the size of a building at least. If the Empires traitor gets a statue, then the Empires Defender should have something way greater. Yes its possible there is no statue in the Cartel Store because there are still people who havnt played FE and it would be a major spoiler if there pops up "Darth Marr Memorial Statue." But it could also mean that Marr wont get any statue, because hes not dead or will come back to life. Or Bioware just havnt made a statue for him. Just speculation, but who knows.

Yeah agreed. Scorpio is kinda *****y.

Mass Effect..and here comes the flashback to all the tears we shed while plaything through that epic trilogy. I hate that no matter what Leigon dies, Im like damn it! He was so epic. Thane, he was dying anyway. At least now his death had a purpose. Mordin, I let him go. I couldnt trick Wrex and/or Grunt and the entire Krogan species. Mordin "had to be me, someone else might have gotten it wrong."

But one more of the dussin reasons I think Marr is alive. Well if Im not mistaken, Bioware was quick enough to make a sort of memorial statue for Malgus when he died. If a slimy traitor like him can get a statue. Then if Marr is really dead he should have a statue the size of a building at least. If the Empires traitor gets a statue, then the Empires Defender should have something way greater. Yes its possible there is no statue in the Cartel Store because there are still people who havnt played FE and it would be a major spoiler if there pops up "Darth Marr Memorial Statue." But it could also mean that Marr wont get any statue, because hes not dead or will come back to life. Or Bioware just havnt made a statue for him. Just speculation, but who knows.

They could still make a statue for Darth Marr, he deserves one...and you don't have to be dead to have one, Satele has one, Theron has one...

I'd totally get a Darth Marr statue, but I rather have him back alive and well. :D

They could still make a statue for Darth Marr, he deserves one...and you don't have to be dead to have one, Satele has one, Theron has one...

I'd totally get a Darth Marr statue, but I rather have him back alive and well. :D

I really hope it turns out that he's in the same carbonite chamber we were in and we return to bust him out in the same way Lana did us :p. Except we have a lot more firepower and manpower this time. :cool:

I really hope it turns out that he's in the same carbonite chamber we were in and we return to bust him out in the same way Lana did us :p. Except we have a lot more firepower and manpower this time. :cool:

As much as I wish Marr would live, his force ghost communing with Satele Shan on Odessen kind of makes me think it will not happen. Now if he was in carbonite like we were, could he project himself as a force entity all the way over to hang out at Satele's hobo camp? To answer that question we would have to get into a theoretical discussion of force powers, and Marr's power, and a force users abilities while frozen in carbonite. Still would be cool though. Also, I am in agreement with a poster above me about HK-55, in thinking we will be able to repair him at a later date. At least I hope so, I was sad to see him die, he was my favorite new companion.

As much as I wish Marr would live, his force ghost communing with Satele Shan on Odessen kind of makes me think it will not happen. Now if he was in carbonite like we were, could he project himself as a force entity all the way over to hang out at Satele's hobo camp? To answer that question we would have to get into a theoretical discussion of force powers, and Marr's power, and a force users abilities while frozen in carbonite. Still would be cool though. Also, I am in agreement with a poster above me about HK-55, in thinking we will be able to repair him at a later date. At least I hope so, I was sad to see him die, he was my favorite new companion.

True, it's debatable. One thing I'd like to note though, if a discussion were to ever happen, at least from what we see in-game, Zakuul isn't that far from Odessen. :)

True, it's debatable. One thing I'd like to note though, if a discussion were to ever happen, at least from what we see in-game, Zakuul isn't that far from Odessen. :)

There has already been a debate. But yeah it would mainly be a lot of speculation if we are to discuss the use of force powers while frozen in carbonite. But lets not forget that it could be possible Darth Marr is alive and not frozen in carbonite. How? Well there are many possible scenarios for that. Which is why I will not declare Marr dead yet. Some are unlikely, but still possible.

As for HK-55. Yeah he was really cool and funny. When he chases those things outside of the Gravestone in the swamp during the repairs, lol xD. But hes a droid. Remember in KOTOR, we reassembled HK-47 back together. Droids can always be fixed. The one problem we may face is his memory core. But at least he would still be alive and kicking again.

... To answer that question we would have to get into a theoretical discussion of force powers, and Marr's power, and a force users abilities while frozen in carbonite. ...
You'd have to discuss the extend of the power of Force Plot which depends on the needs of the writer. But to be honest, I don't expect him to return; he was fried by Valkorian and later you see his ghost talking to Satele, to bring him back would be a far stretch for any writer.

Me too! I like Theron and all, but I find it strange that he has a statue when Lana and Marr do not.

I mean, yes, technically there are two Imperial statues already for Malgus and the Emperor, but I don't really want to commemorate them after what they've done. I don't consider them heroes of the Empire, not anymore.

Me too! I like Theron and all, but I find it strange that he has a statue when Lana and Marr do not.

I mean, yes, technically there are two Imperial statues already for Malgus and the Emperor, but I don't really want to commemorate them after what they've done. I don't consider them heroes of the Empire, not anymore.

I feel the same way. Malgus was never a hero to me. I hated Malgus (sorry Malgus fans) and even though I have a statue of him, I don't have it up. Same with the Emperor. I had him up for a long time on my DK place but after he said he was going to snack on the universe and save my SW for last, I kinda lost any admiration I might have had lol. :cool:

I'd love Marr Statue. In fact, lets have the whole dark council. You know what would be cool? A statue that morphs...so that everyone's Nox/Imperius/Occlus could have their own statue...of themselves lol. :D

I'd love Marr Statue. In fact, lets have the whole dark council. You know what would be cool? A statue that morphs...so that everyone's Nox/Imperius/Occlus could have their own statue...of themselves lol. :D

Do we really need a statue of Darth Ravage though? :D

And wouldn't Nox/Imperius/Occlus having a statue of themselves just be really vain? :p

I feel the same way. Malgus was never a hero to me. I hated Malgus (sorry Malgus fans) and even though I have a statue of him, I don't have it up. Same with the Emperor. I had him up for a long time on my DK place but after he said he was going to snack on the universe and save my SW for last, I kinda lost any admiration I might have had lol. :cool:

Agreed. I wouldnt mind a new statue for the Empire. Most more symbolic statues for the Empire are just of the Emperor or some hooded figure. And yeah we should really have a statue of Valkorion in our Strongholds when hes basically trying to eat us all. Same with Malgus, he was hardly a hero.

With the Republic we get real hero statues, Theron and Satele. Though Satele is hardly being a hero at the moment, more like a camper. But I guess she can have a statue because of her past deeds.

But still, lets have some real hero statues for the Empire. Marr has always been a hero for the Empire. He is called the Defender of the Empire for crying out loud. Everything he does, every single action he takes is to make everything better for the Empire. Even for Sith and Imperial standards that is one heck of a true hero. I cant think of anyone more deserving of a statue in the entire Empier besides Darth Marr.

And to connect this to Marr´s fate, dead or not, coming back to life or not, Marr can still get a statue. Satele and Theron are not dead, they got statues. Malgus is dead, we killed him (if you did the flashpoints on Illum) and he gets a statue. So if Marr is dead (which is still not a fact) he can still get a statue.

Edited by AkeroStar

And to connect this to Marr´s fate, dead or not, coming back to life or not, Marr can still get a statue. Satele and Theron are not dead, they got statues. Malgus is dead, we killed him (if you did the flashpoints on Illum) and he gets a statue. So if Marr is dead (which is still not a fact) he can still get a statue.

Psst EA/Bioware, I know your bean counters probabably have it noted I havent been using CC to buy crates anymore, I would spend CC on a crate with a Marr Statue... :D

Do we really need a statue of Darth Ravage though? :D

I'd take one, why not. I kinda like Ravage. :D

And wouldn't Nox/Imperius/Occlus having a statue of themselves just be really vain? :p

It would be, but for my Nox, it would totally work. I could see her doing it :D

Agreed. I wouldnt mind a new statue for the Empire. Most more symbolic statues for the Empire are just of the Emperor or some hooded figure. And yeah we should really have a statue of Valkorion in our Strongholds when hes basically trying to eat us all. Same with Malgus, he was hardly a hero.

With the Republic we get real hero statues, Theron and Satele. Though Satele is hardly being a hero at the moment, more like a camper. But I guess she can have a statue because of her past deeds.

But still, lets have some real hero statues for the Empire. Marr has always been a hero for the Empire. He is called the Defender of the Empire for crying out loud. Everything he does, every single action he takes is to make everything better for the Empire. Even for Sith and Imperial standards that is one heck of a true hero. I cant think of anyone more deserving of a statue in the entire Empier besides Darth Marr.

Absolutely, Marr is the man. A true hero of the Sith empire, and that needs to be recognized. He needs a statue. It would be awesome. Though if they ever did make one it'd probably be so freaking rare or expensive no one could ever get it...cause that's how things seem lately. Anything really awesome is practically unattainable.

It would be, but for my Nox, it would totally work. I could see her doing it :D

Absolutely, Marr is the man. A true hero of the Sith empire, and that needs to be recognized. He needs a statue. It would be awesome. Though if they ever did make one it'd probably be so freaking rare or expensive no one could ever get it...cause that's how things seem lately. Anything really awesome is practically unattainable.

Well of course you can. She's Nox! :p

Oh jeez, no kidding. That goes for nearly everything in this game. Armor, weapons, you name it. Practically everything is on the CM nowadays and it REALLY doesn't help that they removed the Planetary Equipment vendors. The Corellia one sold a trenchcoat I usually got for my Agents when they reached the planet and now the only way to get it is via CM for millions of creds. :mad: