Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Level synch = death of SWTOR

Tahra

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha. What?

Please, count the people that don't like the change in those threads. Then count the people that support it. Then make a thread how the FORUM community likes/dislikes level-sync

The game has 500k-1mil players.

How many people voiced their opinion? 40? 50? 100 at max.

You say this now but you never know, you might change your opinion in the future.

Not a chance. There isn't anything about down leveling my toons I'll enjoy to any capacity that making it optional wouldn't solve.

My stance is solid.

SNIP...

I completely fail to see how this became an issue :rak_02:

You need to visit more often and read a bit more. It's pretty well laid out in this thread the pro and cons for either side.

Edited by Quraswren

People who leave because of this change weren't contributing much to the game culture anyway. If your not engaged with the end game meta (stories, raiding pvp) why choose swto?r there are other games for you that like dynasty warriors or dayz that are geared toward mindles mob killing and harassing lesser players

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WildMassGuessing

How on earth could you know that. Do you personally have access to player metrics, and been able to analyse player behaviour? (clearly not). You assume people do one exclusive thing, and the people against this don't also enjoy the other things you mentioned? And what is it for you to say what contributes to 'game culture'. This is one of the things I love about MMO's, seeing people play in different ways. I personally don't RP for example, but I enjoy moving about the world and seeing other people enjoying that. Don't assume to force your playstyle on other people. People like different things, and that is a good thing. And as for your throw away line, this is not about, and never has been about harassing lower level players.

Edited by ZavienUK

So being a level 60, I will get 1 xp from level 30 npc, it says "appropriate for being a level 60"

Your reading comprehension is at the level of Coruscant sewers. Being a level 60 and killing a mob on level 30 will give you experience equal to killing a mob on level 60. That's what "appropriate for being level 60" means.

Edited by PavSalco

And people who have wanted a sync never had the choice to have it before. I think its a fair trade to play 4years unsynced, and next 4 years synced.

Utter nonsense. Would it have been a good thing if this were an option right from the start of the game, sure would. Is it a good option to introduce now, definitely. Is forcing on everybody whether they want it or not a good thing, nope.

What game ???? yeah, that's what I thought lol. Look just because they can bleed enough people to avoid shutting off the servers doesn't mean anything. But go ahead, keep dismissing issues that people have with this and they will leave. And when enough leave the game loses money and then you guys get less and less updates until they finally just milk the cartel market. Holy derpity derp ... this isn't rocket science.

Actually, I listed a game in the post you quoted. I realize that facts shouldn't interfere with doom, but at least try not to ignore things when they're right in front of you. It doesn't make you look clever, or witty, it shows exactly how much relevance your opinion has: Zero. If you can't even pick up on a game in the post, but want to continue to stick your fingers in your ears going "lalalalala, can't hear you", why bother to post? So I'd say you nailed your post on the head, and maybe should have just stuck with "derpity derp"? Because really, that's a lot of typing you did to say that...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WildMassGuessing

How on earth could you know that. Do you personally have access to player metrics, and been able to analyse player behaviour? (clearly not). You assume people do one exclusive thing, and the people against this don't also enjoy the other things you mentioned? And what is it for you to say what contributes to 'game culture'. This is one of the things I love about MMO's, seeing people play in different ways. I personally don't RP for example, but I moving about the world and seeing other people enjoying that. Don't assume to force your playstyle on other people. People like different things, and that is a good thing. And as for your throw away line, this is not about, and never has been about harassing lower level players.

Isn't it just a bit ironic that that trope applies to both sides of this discussion?

What are you on about. This is just a blog confirming the stuff from the stream for the people who didn't see the stream and to recap. It was almost certainly written and planned before the stream, and before this thread.

And you would suppose they would post this blog not 3 weeks before early start goes live if they had any plans to change anything to it?

As you say it's all planned ahead and by that same reasoning people can see that it's futile to think BW will change level syncing at this point before the release.

You need to visit more often and read a bit more. It's pretty well laid out in this thread the pro and cons for either side.

I wouldn't have said anything if it was "pretty well laid out". What I see while going through ~50 pages is a bunch of drivel and people arguing for the sake of arguing. If anything coherent and well-thought exists, it's lost in this whirlpool of toxic, "canceling my sub"/"can I have your stuff?", or simply unreasonable posts.

As a side note, I seriously do not need to visit more often, evidently.

I have wanted and hoped for this since SWTOR went live. Level sync is literally the single best change they could make to this game. All the planets I like to adventure on, relevant once more! This revitalizes the game on a fundamental level. Can't wait for KOTFE!

Indeed, it's a wonderful idea, brings a lot of benefits. Any reason not to make it optional?

Sure, some will ... someone has to be the sucker in this situation. You will learn how things really work one day.

Actually, I already know: Subset A doesn't get their way. They start 15 threads on the topic claiming that they're not crying about it. Nothing happens to change it, and a year later, something else happens, and those same people are back doing the same thing. I moderated the Rappelz forums for 5 years. I've seen this **** so many times that I can repeat all the doom and gloom by rote, but it all boils down to this: For every 10 people claiming they're going to unsub, maybe 1 will. One day, you will learn how this stuff works, look back at posts like this and wonder to yourself "How could I have been so naïve?", and on that day, assuming I'm still around, I'll be laughing.

Not a chance. There isn't anything about down leveling my toons I'll enjoy to any capacity that making it optional wouldn't solve.

My stance is solid.

So, when this goes live in a few weeks, what will you do with your solid stance then? ... because it will go live.

Will your stance mean that you quit or will you defiantly stand while paying your sub?

I wouldn't have said anything if it was "pretty well laid out".

So you choose to not read. Whatever.

What I see while going through ~50 pages is a bunch of drivel and people arguing for the sake of arguing. If anything coherent and well-thought exists, it's lost in this whirlpool of toxic, "canceling my sub"/"can I have your stuff?", or simply unreasonable posts.

So you still didn't read enough if all you got from all of it was "drivel" and just arguing because they had nothing better to do. OK.

As a side note, I seriously do not need to visit more often, evidently.

Clearly, if you're not going to put in the effort to actually read then no, you coming to visit more often would make no sense.

I just hope they do something about aggro ford synced players.

If I have to spend 15min fighting mobs on Coruscant to get to the BH event kingpin, then that's going to be... irritating.

Doesn't look like they are. For everything you do on any given planet. Just think of yourself as the highest level of that planet. Threat, dodging ,blocking, lowered abilities and skill, armor, weapon damage. Whatever. Even aggro radius will be increased because you're now level "X"

Edited by Quraswren

If I have to spend 15min fighting mobs on Coruscant to get to the BH event kingpin, then that's going to be... irritating.

Out range the mobs by driving past them, Mob Avoidance on a speeder isn't too hard.

All these people wanting proof of who is the majority and minority.

I want proof the dev read player feedback. I believe they read player feedback like I read books in high school.

Not a all

Your not alone in that belief. My issue is of the countless threads started on this topic, we get one more that is nothing more than demagoguery. He is fully entitled to voice his opinion. But if he expects anyone, much less Bioware to take his position seriously then he is going to continue to be disappointed. So your right here. Bioware is likely not listening to him.

But ball in his court, prove his claim. No one twisted his arm to make it.

Then what do you think the OP meant with the title of this thread?

For about the 10th time. They merged multiple threads, unfortunately into the one with the most hyperbolic title. The biggest thread that I and many others were contributing to was named 'Level Sync Confirmed' or something similar. Just because one immature person created a thread with a silly title doesn't mean we all feel that way or that all discussion is irrelevant. I will see if there is a way to petition a mod to rename this thread to something more appropriate to the discussion being had here.

wow, it doesn't even take me that long on a level 15 character.