So...(Spoiler for Chapter 1 of KofFE)

Nazo-the-demon

This is going to be talking about something we learn from the Gamespot video

Anyone believe Darth Marr was actually killed by the emperor and not knocked out? I'm not sure what to believe but I am determined to kill the emperor now.

In another video with Lana it says he's dead and everyone felt it. No reason to believe he isn't

The character speaks of him in the past tense during that sequence. "Mar was a better leader than you". They could have made his death a bit bigger though, rather than lolshockcrit.

This is true. Though they may have thought many players wouldn't want to sit through a big fight scene they, the PC, couldn't be a part of.

According to those mystical dwarfs down in the mines there is a way to save Marr and have him survive the encounter. There is an achievement for having Marr survive the encounter with Valkorion and a matching Legacy Title for it.

If that is possible than I be happy,

Because I don't want Mar to die without me being able to save him somehow, even if that means I get to become the next leader of the empire

If that's true, we'll never see him again.

If choices really do matter than I imagine that we would be able to see him again.

If that is possible than I be happy,

Because I don't want Mar to die without me being able to save him somehow, even if that means I get to become the next leader of the empire

If choices really do matter than I imagine that we would be able to see him again.

I just doubt it because of previous NPCs who had a live or die choice. Jax could live or die, because of this, we never see Jax. Master Yuon, live or die, never to be seen again. That is the fate of NPCs who can live or die, the become forgotten/pure head canon material.

I just doubt it because of previous NPCs who had a live or die choice. Jax could live or die, because of this, we never see Jax. Master Yuon, live or die, never to be seen again. That is the fate of NPCs who can live or die, the become forgotten/pure head canon material.

Lord Praven, Bengal Morr, Overseer Tremel, Lord Rathari, ect.

If choices matter then saving someone's live means they should come back later....and if he does die then my Darth Imperious can just bind him so they can kill the Emperor as one!

Unfortunately the Emperor (Vitiate) does not die until just a few years before the events of Return of the Jedi film (if this timeline follows Lucas's official canon). So he still have a few thousands years to be evil over.

im hoping there is a choice that can save darth marr. im guessing it was based on a previous choice, probably the option to ram darth marr's ship into the eternal fleet and take out a number of cruisers in the blast of one. i also suspect the choice on yavin 4 with commandant iven has something to do with it as well. at least as far as republic characters will be concerned. these two choice could mean that darth marr instead chooses to await on the republic characters choice and thus save himself a shock.

but with the empire side it could be more extensive, darth marr has been involved in the end of chapter 3 on both sw and si storylines, hes been involved on makeb, oricon, yavin 4 and his own ship. from all that i would suspect all the morality point choices that all contribute to the dark side would make darth marr realize that he can trust their imperial bretheren enough to trigger darth marr to change his stance and let the imperial hero make the choice for him to avoid a shock.

but if you choose anything light side it would have an adverse impact where morality points were played out and he was directly involved in the conversation using any of the previous. i mean its just a possible thing that possibly could be in the game. BW did mention that previous actions outside of kotfe would have an impact during kotfe... so thats my line of reasoning.

Edited by Celise

Aren't those all the one's specifically set up for Knight storyline and the only ones to do it?

You used class examples, so I did too.

Also, they do come back. Praven and Morr come back to help the knight on Corellia. Tremel and Rathari come to meet the Wrath in the Council Chambers to watch Baras's end, while also telling you how they've been spreading your name across the galaxy

im hoping there is a choice that can save darth marr. im guessing it was based on a previous choice, probably the option to ram darth marr's ship into the eternal fleet and take out a number of cruisers in the blast of one. i also suspect the choice on yavin 4 with commandant iven has something to do with it as well. at least as far as republic characters will be concerned. these two choice could mean that darth marr instead chooses to await on the republic characters choice and thus save himself a shock.

but with the empire side it could be more extensive, darth marr has been involved in the end of chapter 3 on both sw and si storylines, hes been involved on makeb, oricon, yavin 4 and his own ship. from all that i would suspect all the morality point choices that all contribute to the dark side would make darth marr realize that he can trust their imperial bretheren enough to trigger darth marr to change his stance and let the imperial hero make the choice for him to avoid a shock.

but if you choose anything light side it would have an adverse impact where morality points were played out and he was directly involved in the conversation using any of the previous. i mean its just a possible thing that possibly could be in the game. BW did mention that previous actions outside of kotfe would have an impact during kotfe... so thats my line of reasoning.

If he can survive, I would guess it wouuld revolve around your actions in the mission. Did you make choices that Marr liked? Did you decide to bolster his defence (With telling your companiosn to defend his ship and sealing off the republic troops)? Maybe these cause him to be in better condition when he faces the Emperor and he barly survives the shock.

If he can survive, I would guess it wouuld revolve around your actions in the mission. Did you make choices that Marr liked? Did you decide to bolster his defence (With telling your companiosn to defend his ship and sealing off the republic troops)? Maybe these cause him to be in better condition when he faces the Emperor and he barly survives the shock.

That's actually a good theory.....Since I don't think we saw a single person do that.

Edited by Nazo-the-demon

<<His companion window shows no gear>>

didn't they say that companion gear is going away in the expansion?

Half and half

They did state that gear was going to be pointless but you still be able to give your companions gear to custiomize how they look

Unless they're the droids......or a jawa ....since their gear doesn't appear on them

Ego, Darth Marr is actually a Machine or a Jawa

I really do hope there is a way to save him. Marr is one of the best Sith characters I've seen, it would be a pity if his part in the story ends right at the start. I understand why Marr could die, the tension it sets up especially for new players when Valkorion shocks leads nicely into the kneel or don't choice.

I watched a good lot of the various Twitchs with different players making a mixture of choices. Some telling the crew to save Marr's ship and then choosing ramming, others choosing to evacuate instead. In all Marr gets shocked :( (whether or not he is dead is another story). I hope that maybe it is just for new lvl 60 Marr dies but characters you bring into kotfe where you had past relationship building with Marr he might live.

I really do hope there is a way to save him. Marr is one of the best Sith characters I've seen, it would be a pity if his part in the story ends right at the start. I understand why Marr could die, the tension it sets up especially for new players when Valkorion shocks leads nicely into the kneel or don't choice.

I watched a good lot of the various Twitchs with different players making a mixture of choices. Some telling the crew to save Marr's ship and then choosing ramming, others choosing to evacuate instead. In all Marr gets shocked :( (whether or not he is dead is another story). I hope that maybe it is just for new lvl 60 Marr dies but characters you bring into kotfe where you had past relationship building with Marr he might live.

I'm just going to assume that our character assume that Darth Marr is dead since he isn't moving, and that it is our choice to kill him or not, and that is the plot twist after choosing to kneel or not.

Half and half

They did state that gear was going to be pointless but you still be able to give your companions gear to custiomize how they look

Unless they're the droids......or a jawa ....since their gear doesn't appear on them

Ego, Darth Marr is actually a Machine or a Jawa

Or you just shall never see Darth Marr's face MWAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA