Haha xD

Giliodor

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah so... not only did Sorcs get Phase Walk... They also got leap/pull/interrupt immunity for 6s after using it. Well, I wonder how many people it'll take to kill a well played healing sorc now.

Absolutely priceless.

Nobody is going to take that utility. I mean nobody.

This is what is in Tier 3 now:

Backlash - ie bubblestun

Corrupted Barrier - H2F on Barrier

Force Mobility - Which may or may not work on Barrier (Devs just posted it did, but there's....indications that's removed)

Sure I would love to take that utility, but there's no way it's more important than the above.

I don't see many taking that utility either since pw has a 60m range so you can place it out of sight and not have to worry about being lept to. PW is usually used to either LoS or get to another area quickly, ie to defend a node or get in a good spot to catch the huttball, etc.

Backlash - ie bubblestun

This is tier 2, not tier 3. Corrupted Barrier isn't all that useful. You'll just take this new utility + the Innervate on the move utility.

I don't see many taking that utility either since pw has a 60m range so you can place it out of sight and not have to worry about being lept to. PW is usually used to either LoS or get to another area quickly, ie to defend a node or get in a good spot to catch the huttball, etc.

I am quite sure that sorc phasewalk will be used quite differently, especially given this utility. As a healer, you can't just vanish and leave your teammates to die. I think Phasewalk will be used to get away from melees, and it will be the perfect skill to do so, coupled with this utility. There's no denying that that utility will be very powerful, and if you won't take it, that works for me, at least I'll have an easier time killing you.

Edited by Giliodor

This is tier 2, not tier 3. Corrupted Barrier isn't all that useful. You'll just take this new utility + the Innervate on the move utility.

You missed this line:

Backlash/Kinetic Collapse has been moved from Tier 2 up to Tier 3.

And Corrupted Barrier not that useful? Maybe not essential for healers, but not that useful is taking it too far. There might be some changes to what's posted today that might make the new utility a lot more useful, but we'll see.

Edited by Master-Nala

You missed this line:

And Corrupted Barrier not that useful? Maybe not essential for healers, but not that useful is taking it too far. There might be some changes to what's posted today that might make the new utility a lot more useful, but we'll see.

Riiight I did miss that line. I didn't know what the utlities for bubble stun were called xD

Well, I guess that bubble stun beats this new utility, and innervate on the move is simply a must have for PvP, but the fact that the devs thought it was a good idea to come up with such a new utility in the first place should speak volumes.

Also, even if bubble stun got moved up one tier, I think I'll still try out a build with this new utility, as it seems quite promising still.

I actually was more nervous about this:

"Additionally, activating Phantom/Shadow Stride while Surging Charge/Shadow Technique is active builds 3 Static Charges/Breaching Shadows"

For deception/inflitration. That's some mad burst added to an already extremely bursty class.

Yeah quite right. But still, it's not as bad as phase walking sorcs.

Edited by Giliodor

I actually was more nervous about this:

"Additionally, activating Phantom/Shadow Stride while Surging Charge/Shadow Technique is active builds 3 Static Charges/Breaching Shadows"

For deception/inflitration. That's some mad burst added to an already extremely bursty class.

Extremely bursty class? Deception has the lowest burst of any class in game. It's a decent buff for deception.

Wow..

Edit: Question. If you took 6 sec immunity in place of h2f bubble, wouldn't it be more valuable since you could use Unnatural Preservation + Dark heal spam and gain 50% MS on top of not being able to be lept to or interrupted? And you can teleport to Africa for great repositioning as well without being lept to?

Edited by Jinre_the_Jedi

I'm just going to assume this is a troll comment.

Compared to almost every other class deception is hardly extremely bursty. Our burst is lower now than it was 2.9/2.10 but people still qq about it. Compare us to PTs, Maras, or operatives(who are just slightly above us in burst.)

2nd lowest wouldn't be lowest burst, so actually not technically true. Not really sure how that's true, they seem to hit pretty damn hard.

LOL I just saw that you wrote lightning sorc. Do we have a different definition of burst here? Pretty sure you can take half of someone's health with an affliction>thundering blast>chain lightning>shock. Am I just eating the troll bait here?

Edited by lavatsunami

For Sorcerers and Sages, we wanted to give them an additional way to escape peril, so we made Phase Walk available to them.

Force Barrier while moving

lets nerf mercs escape to 45 sec. they are fine! :rolleyes:

Edited by Glower

2nd lowest wouldn't be lowest burst, so actually not technically true. Not really sure how that's true, they seem to hit pretty damn hard.

LOL I just saw that you wrote lightning sorc. Do we have a different definition of burst here? Pretty sure you can take half of someone's health with an affliction>thundering blast>chain lightning>shock. Am I just eating the troll bait here?

Burst is each individual ability and it's max hit. The hardest a maul will hit is 11-12k. Every other ability hits sub 10k.

Sorc can hit 8-9k with TB. Every other ability hits for lower.

Burst is not in reference to set up time. That would be sustained damage.

Burst is each individual ability and it's max hit. The hardest a maul will hit is 11-12k. Every other ability hits sub 10k.

Sorc can hit 8-9k with TB. Every other ability hits for lower.

Burst is not in reference to set up time. That would be sustained damage.

tb CRITS FOR 7.5-8.4K IN FULL POWER BUILD, also crits for 9k really really rarely, and usually when target has all possible debuff on him

which was completely ignored if u look :rak_01:

Menawhile buf sins, and more damage to cell burst :rak_01:

Buff sins? We've been chain nerfed since release lol, even more so since 3.0. Nerfs aside:

what would you recommend to fix lightning? I'm talking specific numbers. Keep in mind, you have the best utility of all 3 ranged classes in kiting, healing, and peeling with Extricate.

So taking ALL things into consideration, what specific numbers do you want to see lightning sorcs hitting? Honest question. We talking 12-14k Thundering blasts or what?

Burst is the amount of damage you can do in a small window of time (2-3) globals. With that definition, lighting burst is pretty damn good, also considering you can repeat every 9 seconds.

no it isn't because every 9 sec u have a meh TB 7.5-8.5 k and chain hits like a papertoy when non crit like 3.4 4.5k, aka a non crit magnetic blast

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.