Amazon Bundle Pack now 90-days. One-time use Q.

DocDAM

The issue now seems to be whether this new KotFE pack is officially considered a different bundle than the SoR one, as Amazon has them on the same page. If they're distinct entities, I would expect each code to be valid for one use on a single account; if they're the same, the people who already applied the SoR bundle are out of luck.

Yes, this was the original question in this thread, but then we got a bit sidetracked with other questions. ;)

I bought the bundle, but I didn't buy the first bundle, because I didn't even know about it.

From how I read it, I got the impression that it is the same bundle, just with 30 days extra bonus. I therefore would have not bought the bundle if I would have gotten the previous one already. But I have nothing to back it up, just my reading comprehension and a feeling. ;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the top of the page's link. it says the code is one time only. so you cannot use it more than once. edited to add, no idea if you can use this bundle if you already used 60 day one :/

I admit. I'm tempted. just wish amazon would let me use my amazon card points for digital purchases.

ooooon the other hand, I think I'll wait until expansion actualy drops before deciding if I want to spend anymore money on TOR.

Edited by Jeweledleah

Yes, this was the original question in this thread, but then we got a bit sidetracked with other questions. ;)

I bought the bundle, but I didn't buy the first bundle, because I didn't even know about it.

From how I read it, I got the impression that it is the same bundle, just with 30 days extra bonus. I therefore would have not bought the bundle if I would have gotten the previous one already. But I have nothing to back it up, just my reading comprehension and a feeling. ;)

This is a new bundle altogether as it doesn't include SoR, if you read the fine print it states: Shadow of Revan becomes accessible on October 27, 2015

A guildy bought it last night and couldn't get any further than the final of FA, so went back to check the site, then realized that SoR wasn't included like the previous 60day bundle.

Its still a good deal, just made confusing by overlapping the info from the previous deal.

OP here.

Good catch. Rechecking it does well down the page say:

" (Please note: Shadow of Revan becomes accessible on October 27, 2015) "

So basically, it is 3 month sub and 2400 CC. Fine, since I have SoR already. Still a better deal than simply resubbing, if not earth-shattering.

Had your guildie already purchased one of the previous bundles?

I have a customer support ticket in asking if I can use it. It's looking more likely that it can be used, but since the reward isnt' worth the risk, I await their response.

Edited by DocDAM

OP here.

Good catch. Rechecking it does well down the page say:

" (Please note: Shadow of Revan becomes accessible on October 27, 2015) "

So basically, it is 3 month sub and 2400 CC. Fine, since I have SoR already. Still a better deal than simply resubbing, if not earth-shattering.

Had your guildie already purchased one of the previous bundles?

I have a customer support ticket in asking if I can use it. It's looking more likely that it can be used, but since the reward isnt' worth the risk, I await their response.

No, he didn't get the previous one as he didn't have the cash at the time, but wanted SoR as well.

I pointed this one out to him and made the mistake myself of thinking SoR was in it as well, as it had this info:

Added Value

Now gamers can jump into the center of their own Star Wars: The Old Republic cinematic story-driven online RPG adventure with a special Knights of the Fallen Empire Starter Pack including all three major game expansions, Knights of the Fallen Empire, Shadow of Revan and Rise of the Hutt Cartel taking you all the way to Level 65.

Oh well, not long to wait now anyway. :)

I can confirm that it counts as a different bundle. I had previously used Amazon's 60 day bundle just for the deal it gave on time and coins compared to individual purchases of them (already had the expansions), and I just now used this new 90 day bundle and it worked just fine. Edited by Muljo_Stpho

I can confirm that it counts as a different bundle. I had previously used Amazon's 60 day bundle just for the deal it gave on time and coins compared to individual purchases of them (already had the expansions), and I just now used this new 90 day bundle and it worked just fine.

Thanks for testing this.

I can confirm that it counts as a different bundle. I had previously used Amazon's 60 day bundle just for the deal it gave on time and coins compared to individual purchases of them (already had the expansions), and I just now used this new 90 day bundle and it worked just fine.

Can anyone else confirm? I'd love to grab this but don't want to waste 40$ on something that might not work. Would be awesome if we could get an official statement on the matter.

Thanks for the confirm, good news!

I'm sorry I am a little confused so please bear with me....

My friend seen this post and clicked the link and yes I am very tired and not focused well and may have missed it on the page.

But he asked and I hope I gave him the right answer but for this package to work you already have to be a sub right?

My friend seen this post and clicked the link and yes I am very tired and not focused well and may have missed it on the page.

But he asked and I hope I gave him the right answer but for this package to work you already have to be a sub right?

why would you have to already be a sub? come on man

why would you have to already be a sub? come on man[/quote

oh i don't know maybe the fact that this is on the faq for the exp pack

How do I pre-order Knights of the Fallen Empire?

Knights of the Fallen Empire is not available for pre-order as it is free to all active subscribers . You must be an active subscriber to receive the expansion.

hmm YOU MUST BE AN ACTIVE SUBSCRIBER TO RECEIVE THE EXPANSION

so i don't know what that means to you but that would mean to me that you have to be a sub

but thanks for being a jerk

No. You are good either way, with and without a sub. I'm thinking about buying it and I'm a reoccuring sub.

why would you have to already be a sub? come on man[/quote

oh i don't know maybe the fact that this is on the faq for the exp pack

How do I pre-order Knights of the Fallen Empire?

Knights of the Fallen Empire is not available for pre-order as it is free to all active subscribers . You must be an active subscriber to receive the expansion.

hmm YOU MUST BE AN ACTIVE SUBSCRIBER TO RECEIVE THE EXPANSION

so i don't know what that means to you but that would mean to me that you have to be a sub

but thanks for being a jerk

you are reading too much into it.. simple answer is you don't need a subscription to purchase this pack and use it. It means to KEEP receiving the expansion chapters you have to remained subbed. :rolleyes:

Edited by SaerethDL

you are reading too much into it.. simple answer is yes, you don't need a subscription to purchase this pack and use it. It means to KEEP receiving the expansion you have to remained subbed. :rolleyes:

sorry but how is taking what is written in their FAQ's that my friend read over for about 10 mins before he ended up subbing and buying SoR today to much into it when it is stated

you can not pre-order it and you have to be an active subscriber to get the game?

It would have been better for him to buy this.....and then wait til the 26th to activate it and get all this stuff....

their FAQ'S are entirely mis-leading. And he has decided he is not going to even bother with the game now and already disputed the charges with his bank because of this

Sorry - he's disputing a credit card charge which he made - under no form of duress because he has now found a cheaper/better way of achieving the same?

Oookay

nope hes disputing it because he feels that the way the FAQ is written and the offer on Amazon are in conterdiction with each other and is not even going to bother with the game now.

And since the bank has agreed with him I don't think either of us read to much into it.

So BW just lost him as a customer for poorly written and or worded information

nope hes disputing it because he feels that the way the FAQ is written and the offer on Amazon are in conterdiction with each other and is not even going to bother with the game now.

And since the bank has agreed with him I don't think either of us read to much into it.

So BW just lost him as a customer for poorly written and or worded information

this is an awesome deal, i'm not understanding why your "friend" has to leave the game over a $40 dollar transaction, in which you get 2400 cartel coins, 3 months sub, and a pet, at the low measly price of $40 Did your friend not read the FAQ and see that you won't get SOR until oct 27th?, and thats when the expansion launches, and you can't preorder the expansion because its for subs only, and the fact he didn't have to use it until oct 27th if he didnt want too, and the fact it extends his game if he is already subbed... Im sorry but i just dont get it. :eek:

OK, I'm confused as to what the issue he's having with it, but let's lay out what it gives you, so he can decide...

With the pack he gets:

3 months subscription ('sub"). Yes, that makes him a subscriber

2400 cartel coins

As a sub, he has access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel (L50-55) right now.

He does not get access to Shadow of Revan until it is free to ALL subs, on Oct 20 (which he will be with this bundle). Yes, this was misleading. But, as has been mentioned, it is in the text (though it takes a lot of reading to realize that). If that's a game-breaker for him, I can understand that. Though it's only a month.

He gets access to KotFE when it is generally released, Oct 27 (too late to get the early access Oct 20 which required being a sub since ~ May).

Yes, I think it was misleading to show pictures of SoR at the top, as if this gave you access (the previous bundle did give access - this one removed that, but added an extra month of subscription). But if you can wait a month for access to SoR, it is a pretty good deal - for $40, it is a couple of $ less than a 3-month sub, and throws in 2400 CC on top.

Does that make it clearer?

OK, just got the following reply to my CS ticket:

I'm afraid it does look like this code counts as the "Same" as the previous Bundle Amazon had available, the Bonuses have changed but it does appear to still be flagged as a starter Amazon bundle. As such I'd recommend against purchasing this again as It's unlikely to be redeemable through the Star Wars website as it'd detect your previous Amazon Bundle and prevent it from redeeming.

So, he's saying (with just a bit of equivocation) that NO, you can't use this one if you've previously used the previous Amazon (or presumably straight from SWTOR) bundle. But we have one post above saying that someone did indeed do just that and it worked. So, conflicting info.

I'm tending to believe reported results more than this CS reply, but caveat emptor....

What the hell is Upirlikhyi talking about?

You buy, you punch in code, you get a sub to the game for 3 months plus all the other stuff....

?????

I think this is a bs post or at least buyers remorse in that he just got SoR and realized it is free to subs in a month. Most likely the second.