The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

*** is this????

DethlaHadyn

•New Ability: Translocate/Transpose! Swap places with a group member and bestow a benign presence upon them for up to 6 seconds. Targets with a benign presence are ignored by most enemies, cannot be leapt to or pulled, and are immune to interrupts and ability activation pushback until they use an aggressive or healing ability. This has a 1.5 second activation time and a 90 second cooldown.

Shieldtech? Benign Presence?

The next thing we'll see will be PT's pulling roses out of their arses, charming their enemy targets.

Are the developers on drugs? Honestly... I can't believe what I'm seeing... This is a joke right?

L.M.A.O

It's made to allow you to save an allies ***. you put the presence on them, and for 6s as long as they don't heal or damage anything they are pretty much un-affected by anything, and then you swap with them, I could see a thousand uses for this in PvP, and in PvE it could be useful for some situations.

It's made to allow you to save an allies ***. you put the presence on them, and for 6s as long as they don't heal or damage anything they are pretty much un-affected by anything, and then you swap with them, I could see a thousand uses for this in PvP, and in PvE it could be useful for some situations.

LooooooooL

That's deep man, "you put the presence on them"

LoooooooooooooL

Yet it is most likely going to be the level 10 skill which makes it useless there's no need to use such a raid based skill at that level which what you would want is to close the gap and draw threat. Unless ST's are now gonna be the lazy spec that are just waiting for a mara or jugg to leap then swap places with them which will tick said warrior player off especially if the player was an immortal jugg.

As a vanguard tank in both pvp and pve, I'm pretty pissed off about what they've done. In concept, I don't have an actual issue with vanguard's getting a rescue. There are situations in pve where rescues can be helpful. In pvp, particularly huttball a swap is very useful.

But I can pretty much guarantee you I have no use for a rescue with a 1.5 cast time in PVE. As a main tank, I'm tanking a boss. Sure, I'll kite the boss away from people or do things for my raid to make their life easier as best i can, but if it's a difficult fight, my primary focus is the boss. I'll have some awareness of people's healthbars and position but not enought that I'd have any chance to save them if I have a rescue with a 1.5 cast time. At tough content, if someone pulls aggro, in the time it takes me to click their target of target portrait and then hit an ability in a cold, far corner of my quickbar, that then has a 1.5 second cast time. They're going to be dead, so, really, why?

Sure they're ignored by 'most' enemies. Fine. I can assume that means for most boss mechanic abilities that target people, that doesn't count. And it doesn't sound as if they are invulnerable or protected from anything non-pvp related aside from whatever aggro drop we're talking about, so it's not even useful for mechanics to protect someone whose gonna take a hit. The only boss I can really see me using this for is Operator IX hardmode and above if someone gets called and is going to miss it, and, if people aren't making those basic moves in HM, you've got problems a swap isn't going to fix.

So, basically, PVE, vanguard/powertech tanks get a little better M/R reduction (Which we already have damn plenty of) but we get another 15 seconds on our best cooldown (HO/HtL). If you decide to start again from level 1, have fun without that gap closer. And we get an ability that we'll use once a blue moon. Meanwhile, scoundrels/ops get a friendly/unfriendly gap clsoer with an accompanied speedboost (which we now have to utility into since we lost storm as a basic ability) with a cooldown half that of our incoming castling ability, gunslingers snipers get an instant cooldown on basically all their defensive cooldowns every three minutes (i actually am looking forward to that on my gunslinger), and knights/warriors get a moving attack that most my guild's knights/warriors are looking forward to.

So I get that people hate playing against vanguard powertechs in huttball, but all the classes shine if you use them properly. Snipers and gunslingers on balconies in Alderaan or on pipes on quesh are pretty awesome, and stealth if used properly is damn good in just about all pvp, so...yeah, not sure what the problem is with a class excelling in certain situations. Sure, you can say vanguard and powertech DPS toons are getting the advantage of this, but they aren't even getting it until 61, so really how useful is it to them?

My expectations of my 4.0 vanguard and powertech tank experience is transposing friends into purple circles of awful.

Edited by Pscion-

As a vanguard tank in both pvp and pve, I'm pretty pissed off about what they've done. In concept, I don't have an actual issue with vanguard's getting a rescue. There are situations in pve where rescues can be helpful. In pvp, particularly huttball a swap is very useful.

But I can pretty much guarantee you I have no use for a rescue with a 1.5 cast time in PVE. As a main tank, I'm tanking a boss. Sure, I'll kite the boss away from people or do things for my raid to make their life easier as best i can, but if it's a difficult fight, my primary focus is the boss. I'll have some awareness of people's healthbars and position but not enought that I'd have any chance to save them if I have a rescue with a 1.5 cast time. At tough content, if someone pulls aggro, in the time it takes me to click their target of target portrait and then hit an ability in a cold, far corner of my quickbar, that then has a 1.5 second cast time. They're going to be dead, so, really, why?

Sure they're ignored by 'most' enemies. Fine. I can assume that means for most boss mechanic abilities that target people, that doesn't count. And it doesn't sound as if they are invulnerable or protected from anything non-pvp related aside from whatever aggro drop we're talking about, so it's not even useful for mechanics to protect someone whose gonna take a hit. The only boss I can really see me using this for is Operator IX hardmode and above if someone gets called and is going to miss it, and, if people aren't making those basic moves in HM, you've got problems a swap isn't going to fix.

So, basically, PVE, vanguard/powertech tanks get a little better M/R reduction (Which we already have damn plenty of) but we get another 15 seconds on our best cooldown (HO/HtL). If you decide to start again from level 1, have fun without that gap closer. And we get an ability that we'll use once a blue moon. Meanwhile, scoundrels/ops get a friendly/unfriendly gap clsoer with an accompanied speedboost (which we now have to utility into since we lost storm as a basic ability) with a cooldown half that of our incoming castling ability, gunslingers snipers get an instant cooldown on basically all their defensive cooldowns every three minutes (i actually am looking forward to that on my gunslinger), and knights/warriors get a moving attack that most my guild's knights/warriors are looking forward to.

So I get that people hate playing against vanguard powertechs in huttball, but all the classes shine if you use them properly. Snipers and gunslingers on balconies in Alderaan or on pipes on quesh are pretty awesome, and stealth if used properly is damn good in just about all pvp, so...yeah, not sure what the problem is with a class excelling in certain situations. Sure, you can say vanguard and powertech DPS toons are getting the advantage of this, but they aren't even getting it until 61, so really how useful is it to them?

My expectations of my 4.0 vanguard and powertech tank experience is transposing friends into purple circles of awful.

I completely agree that transpose is merely a pvp skill. In operations, it is unwise to wait for a 1.5s cast to save the aggro-ed dps because they are usually on the back of the boss to avoid frontal aoe attacks. Instead a quick immediate taunt + high aggro ability is the best remedy in such situation as you don't want the boss facing everyone but a dps and give out raid-wide damage.

In addition, BW took out the speed bonus and made it a utility and hell I dunno why they give them the buff in the first place.

Edited by BigGunTinyPistoL

It's funny they keep adding must have utilities yet they forget that to be honest we should have like 9 points total so all classes can get what they want / need without the need of you have to take this or the class is junk. Really 3 points max in heroic, 6 in masterful, and 7 Skillful. IF they want to do something instead of nerfing make everybody broken for once. PVP will be a mess yet in Raids, Flashpoints and PVE content will be interesting. An example would be with that PT's can use their harpoon without losing defensive skills.

What I want to know, is why in the hell would they move Storm to lvl 61? Its the fundamental opening utility in tanking. Its our gap closer in PVP. Its how I start every freakin group pull. Dont get me wrong, Ill only have to lvl up once to get it on MY Van, but this is just stupid. Are they moving force leap to 61 too?

I think making this skill a dynamic swap accomplishes nothing unless you as a tank are in a terrible position to begin with.

There is never... NEVER a situation where you can swap out a victim, unless you just respawned... or was afk for the last 30 seconds.

It should just be a shield... or a placement ability, but a relocation? Stupid!

How will this animation even work? Does my Spaceship come and pickup my target?

And also, yes, I really appreciate swapping my target some im under the entire crowd... watch me swap somebody out, then every1 charges to him anyway, because gap closer, gap closer and more gap closer.... ...apparently Storm is being made redundant... and also there is no update or information about Shield Spec discipline's new level 10 ability seeing as STORM is now a learned ability... i HOPE it's not this... or I will delete my VG (or respec tactics :D)

I suspect this is pretty much solely a pvp ability. In pvp it definitely has its uses, if you don't lose huttball while using this it becomes kinda like the jugg intercede except the other player is moved away. Heck if you are in the end zone and your player with the ball isn't you can swap with them and it becomes sorta like the sorcs extricate.

Don't really get the immune to interrupt and ability activation pushback if aggressive/ healing abilities cancel it, so what abilities with cast times are not aggressive or healing? I guess putting down a phase walk, maybe?

I think making this skill a dynamic swap accomplishes nothing unless you as a tank are in a terrible position to begin with.

There is never... NEVER a situation where you can swap out a victim, unless you just respawned... or was afk for the last 30 seconds.

It should just be a shield... or a placement ability, but a relocation? Stupid!

How will this animation even work? Does my Spaceship come and pickup my target?

And also, yes, I really appreciate swapping my target some im under the entire crowd... watch me swap somebody out, then every1 charges to him anyway, because gap closer, gap closer and more gap closer.... ...apparently Storm is being made redundant... and also there is no update or information about Shield Spec discipline's new level 10 ability seeing as STORM is now a learned ability... i HOPE it's not this... or I will delete my VG (or respec tactics :D)

Lmao I loved the spaceship animation!

LoooooooooooL

I'm guessing that they intend the new player swap skill for the powertech to make use of the Marauders in the group. The Mara jumps at the Boss then the PT uses the swap ability to get to the Boss? Still strikes me as dumb.

Animation wise it will probably be a combo of Harpoon and Jetcharge. Harpoon to pull the player out of the way and jet charge to get to the spot just vacated.

Edited by LordElpus

In PVP. Well I'm imagine some interesting situations.

In pve... As main tank... Well... As movement/positioning inter-phases... Maybe.

As offtank... Also as movement positioning skill.

As troll-skill... Omg... Omg... Omg... Lol. It's the best.

Utility: 2

Trolling: 10

In PVP. Well I'm imagine some interesting situations.

In pve... As main tank... Well... As movement/positioning inter-phases... Maybe.

As offtank... Also as movement positioning skill.

As troll-skill... Omg... Omg... Omg... Lol. It's the best.

Utility: 2

Trolling: 10

A 1.5s cast time kinda puts a limit on how many ways you can troll with it, unless you can move during the cast.

What I want to know is, does this benign presence involve hiding your ally under a cardboard box?

A 1.5s cast time kinda puts a limit on how many ways you can troll with it, unless you can move during the cast.

What I want to know is, does this benign presence involve hiding your ally under a cardboard box?

Well for one, Master Blaster is gonna be a lot easer when the tank can teleport swap with me instead of both of us having to swap sides (Phase 1)

Not only is this new ability completely retarded, we also give up jet charge/storm until level 61. Can you imagine going 60 levels as a vanguard or powertech with no gap closer? It's absolutely absurd.

They should have left jet charge as is, or at least made it a level 10 unlock for all powertechs.

Also, transporters in star wars... this isn't the next generation guys. Make it a harpoon/grapple chain that pulls an ally to your location instead.

Just wait til next week when they announce Sorcerer gets phase walk and movement while force barriered.

That's not a joke.

That's happening.

Well, at least the last part isn't such a tragedy, if they remove the cooldown reset for Force Speed instead. That way, I can also imagine the bonus to be moved from Surging Speed to Force Haste. That way, the latter gets really interesting.

Animation wise it will probably be a combo of Harpoon and Jetcharge. Harpoon to pull the player out of the way and jet charge to get to the spot just vacated.

In that case, they could have simply made Harpoon usable on befriended targets. That would allow a player to first activate harpoon and use the 'new' Jetcharge a blink of an eye later. No activation time and plenty more use cases.

Edited by realleaftea