Listen to the hardcore players.

Scan

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is completely wrong.

In a financial perspective it is extremely wrong to cater to only 1% of your game population.

Bioware shouldn't listen to these forums at all, and instead evaluate focus groups which represents the casual majority of this game.

not an mmo... if those who have completed story and achieved level cap decide to leave of boredom... what do you think will happen when YOU reach cap? Are you peter pan? Do you want to stay noob forever?

WoW at the very top is HARD, I downed C'thun in Vanilla, server first for my zone, it was possibly the hardest thing I have ever done in a computer game, not only was it a 40 man raid but took weeks of practice.

I'm sorry, I just have to laugh at anyone who uses the words "the hardest thing I have ever done in a video game" and is serious about it. I hope this doesn't take up too much room on your resume: "2006 - Downed C'Thun with my guildies, 2007 - Promoted at McDonald's from Fry Cook to Drive-Thru Register."

Everyone reading this thread plays with other people, their peers or players that are slightly better at this and that, there are some that you look up too, that you wish to emulate that you respect.

I am reading this thread. I play with other people. Some are slightly better at this and that. Any I look up to I do so for reasons completely unrelated to their "skill" at video games. I certainly do not look up to you and your l33t hardcore sk1Lz.

Thanks for the entertainment, though!

Wow... I suppose it's atleast interesting to get a glimpse into the delusional, egotistical world of the people who's only achievements come through videogames.

Me, I tend to look up to and emulate people who actually made something of their life, not people who got top score in a videogame (well, not unless they manage to rake in millions doing so).

Thankfully the OP has deluded himself to the point that he will never believe me, because if he actually realised how little others cared for him and his ilk I'd be scared for his life.

I think its funny that you criticize him for getting his feeling of achievement thru a video game and then you show eveyone how shallow you are by getting it thru money. People like you ruin the real world every day with their endless greed.

OT: I agree with the OP to a certain extent. When I see someone with a good looking piece of armor you bet your @ss im going to go after it.

Edited by Toweleeeie

Done.

Let's not pretend. You were done on page 1. If you have you force your point that hard and tell people they don't get it, it is because you actually failed to make a point. If you had a clear, rational idea to bring to the table, your peers would get it. They may not all agree but it would be understood. Your original post comes off as arrogant and just flat out false. That's your fault, homie.

I'm sure the game will die without you and your pals. That's just how I felt when I quit SWG.

5 years ago.

Edited by Inhalcator

Look at AOC, Warhammer, Aion and then Rift. Huge populations at launch and people got out of dodge by the 3 month mark.

3 months is the attention span of the market if you don't make a product that delivers.

And people like me don't go "back to another mmo" we just stop playing them and hope the next one might deliver. Hate to say it, but with all the hype around this one... I might be done buying MMOs if they keep releasing things unfinished.

This is completely wrong.

In a financial perspective it is extremely wrong to cater to only 1% of your game population.

Bioware shouldn't listen to these forums at all, and instead evaluate focus groups which represents the casual majority of this game.

Where did you get your precentage from? I'd love to know.

I'm not level 50, I'm only 45 and I haven't rushed through content. I haven't skipped quest dialog etc etc. I don't sit at my pc all day and night. If I'm level 45 already, you will be too soon enough. The OP is right, to a point. Do you think that you're all leveling to Not be level 50? You can say "No i'm playing for the storyline." Yes, you are but you're also playing to level. You will all be level 50 at some point. What are you going to do then sit around and complain you have nothing else to do or are you going to be happy that BW actually took the time to listen to end gamers and provide you with even more exciting prospects?

The OP isn't an "elitist" or whatever other childish tag people want to throw at him, he just plays differantly then you. And from the sounds of it he just wanted to raise his opinion about stuff we will all end up doing.

Edited by Daphnie

No doubt he is one of those players who poses his character around gathering spots imagining that everyone is inspecting his gear, in awe of his guild tag, and in some extreme cases probably want his seed. It's freaky, but probably more common than we think. If he knew the truth, that a majority of the gamer population had no idea who he or his guild was (a majority don't go the forums to read a guilds brag posts) he would be crushed and would probably give up MMO's completely.

I love this part of your post, and in an extreme case, might even want your seed...

Just sayin'....

It is obvious that the devs of this game and any MMO need to listen to the hardcore players.

Too those players already 50 and beginning some of the endgame.

These players win the loot and achieve the goals that the casual, poor and part-time (these are not the same player) players drive to emulate, they ride mounts and hold titles that pull the masses on to play the game.

Now you are going to see ALOT of responses from players saying they DONT want this, that they dont look to players that play insanely long periods, or succeed with less time played. They will say that the game does NOT need these players.

They are flat out wrong

Without the hardcore, uber players staying here neither will the casuals and masses. They say they will but if there are no top end players playing SW:TOR then it will become a bit of a joke in the mmo world.

Please I beg you BW, listen to those players that are already 50, already beginning endgame operations, these people KNOW what makes an MMO succeed and what will keep them playing.

Ultimately KEEP THE HARDCORE/Elite PLAYING = Keeping the masses playing.

*edit below..

No, I do think we are social animals though, that like it or not we do look up to those we play with, and ultimately those we play with look up to other people they know or play with.

My point is if you do not keep the very highest achievers interested in the game then they will move on, the effect of keeping these people interested is keeping all those that play down the chain interested.

Those saying "I only care what my friends do... etc" are only reinforcing my point, without knowing it.

The bottom 1% "look up" to the 2% the 2% aspires to achieve the 3%'s loot and success, it is a chain effect all the way to the top.

There is a chain, an unbroken link to the very highest achievers in game.

Sorry, you are not/will never be the center of my gaming universe. I will never look up to you for ANYTHING in game, and I will have no desire to emulate you, for any reason. You and yours and not the be all/end all when it comes to gaming, and no one will care what you do/do not do in this game.

Edited by SithZigg

Bioware, please listen to the vast majority of casuals and carebears who make up your player base and will make you rich rich rich with their subscription money if you cater to their needs.

Please don't listen to the hardcore 1% who selfishly want to ruin this wonderful game for everyone else. Let them go in fact, especially the annoying and obnoxious high priests of negativity that plague your forums so badly.

Sorry, you are not/will never be the center of my gaming universe. I will never look up to you for ANYTHING in game, and I will have no desire to emulate you, for any reason. You and yours and not the be all/end all when it comes to gaming, and no one will care what you do/do not do in this game.

Seems you're a little bit Too upset over something completely differant then what the OP is saying.

Is the OP wrong for stating that end gamers get to content a bit quicker, know their fair share of what challeneges people and what makes end game content fun? Is he wrong for wanting to offer his opinion? Though I will admit his "chain" comment was pretty stupid and inaccurate.

The gaming world doesn't revolve around You either. Other people are allowed to voice their opinion. If you don't like it, go play a single player console game and get over Yourself.

Edited by Daphnie

I think its time for a 99% movement in MMOs. Look at the OPs post, his delusions of grandeur have led him to believe that Raiders are heroes that are worshiped by non raiders and catering the game completely to them will trickle down the happiness to everyone else.

Peasant's bow down to your raider overlords and worship them as by their good grace alone the servers are up. When you see a raider make sure to thank them for their service to............

Edited by Rhazesx

It is obvious that the devs of this game and any MMO need to listen to the hardcore players.

Too those players already 50 and beginning some of the endgame.

These players win the loot and achieve the goals that the casual, poor and part-time (these are not the same player) players drive to emulate, they ride mounts and hold titles that pull the masses on to play the game.

Now you are going to see ALOT of responses from players saying they DONT want this, that they dont look to players that play insanely long periods, or succeed with less time played. They will say that the game does NOT need these players.

They are flat out wrong

Without the hardcore, uber players staying here neither will the casuals and masses. They say they will but if there are no top end players playing SW:TOR then it will become a bit of a joke in the mmo world.

Please I beg you BW, listen to those players that are already 50, already beginning endgame operations, these people KNOW what makes an MMO succeed and what will keep them playing.

Ultimately KEEP THE HARDCORE/Elite PLAYING = Keeping the masses playing.

*edit below..

No, I do think we are social animals though, that like it or not we do look up to those we play with, and ultimately those we play with look up to other people they know or play with.

My point is if you do not keep the very highest achievers interested in the game then they will move on, the effect of keeping these people interested is keeping all those that play down the chain interested.

Those saying "I only care what my friends do... etc" are only reinforcing my point, without knowing it.

The bottom 1% "look up" to the 2% the 2% aspires to achieve the 3%'s loot and success, it is a chain effect all the way to the top.

There is a chain, an unbroken link to the very highest achievers in game.

Ok this is the dumbest goddamn post on ALL the forums! We look up to you hardcore peiople!?! LOL! What a F'ing joke!

Where did you get your precentage from? I'd love to know.

Let's use WoW as an example:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2497-Statistics-Firelands-Changes-Impact-Pumpkin-

Carving-Contest-Fan-Art

-- This data is a bit old, so I'm sure the percentage went up. Forgive me if my math is wrong, it's 2am and I'm tired, and my calculator app is bugged. --

The release date on 4.2 was June 28th

FL changes went in on Sept. 20th. As of October 3rd the percentage who had raided and completed the nerfed version was 4.8%

Those who completed Heroic Rag (the REALLY hardcore): .88%

That's 3 months after release of the patch, and LESS THAN one percent had completed heroic Rag.

You could safely state that these are at least SOME of the hardcore. Obviously, I'm sure there is some overlap of characters on one account, but I think it's as good a number as you're going to get.

i disagree with the OP most of the players are casual star wars fans / KOTOR fans. the elite ( ROFL ) are the bottom minority in most mmos. this game is about the journey of your charecter, not speed lvling your toon just to do one thing EG operations. people need to slow down and enjoy the game other wize their missing out on the best part of the game.

Seems you're a little bit Too upset over something completely differant then what the OP is saying.

Is the OP wrong for stating that end gamers get to content a bit quicker, know their fair share of what challeneges people and what makes end game content fun? Is he wrong for wanting to offer his opinion? Though I will admit his "chain" comment was pretty stupid and inaccurate.

The gaming world doesn't revolve around You either. Other people are allowed to voice their opinion. If you don't like it, go play a single player console game and get over Yourself.

Yes, but you do not see me putting posts, saying, "look at how much more important I am than you, listen to me!", now do you?

Yes, but you do not see me putting posts, saying, "look at how much more important I am than you, listen to me!", now do you?

You basicly did, yes just on the other side of the spectrum from the OP.

And now I'm going back to leveling as I've been 45 for long enough. Does that make me an elitest or just someone who thinks the Sith Warrior storyline rocks and is as addictive as a really good book?

Remove the pompus comments from the OP's post, then think about what he's saying. You will all be 50 at some point too. And you will all want to give a go at end game content. If it sucks well, you'll probably remember this thread.

Edited by Daphnie