Ion Railgun : Fixed or not?

Ryuku-sama

Still broken, but in a way maybe we hadn't considered before.

You can clearly see here that, while Drakolich has the debuff, weapon power regens at a reduced rate, but engine power does not. I don't know how long this has been the case. Could it be that it always was since the nerf was reverted, and we just never noticed? I know I don't usually watch weapon power very closely when I eat ion.

Still broken, but in a way maybe we hadn't considered before.

You can clearly see here that, while Drakolich has the debuff, weapon power regens at a reduced rate, but engine power does not. I don't know how long this has been the case. Could it be that it always was since the nerf was reverted, and we just never noticed? I know I don't usually watch weapon power very closely when I eat ion.

Ya I was going to comment on this after I got the videos up, you beat me too it.

Our working theory is that it has something to do with the fact that I'm using "Regeneration Extender" as my Magazine.

Next I'm going to have to test if Regeneration thrusters does the same thing.

Ya I was going to comment on this after I got the videos up, you beat me too it.

Our working theory is that it has something to do with the fact that I'm using "Regeneration Extender" as my Magazine.

Next I'm going to have to test if Regeneration thrusters does the same thing.

That seems like the most likely answer, yeah. I'll keep an eye out for it myself. I've been playing a lot more scout, so that should mean more chances to check. You'll still probably have an answer before I do.

That seems like the most likely answer, yeah. I'll keep an eye out for it myself. I've been playing a lot more scout, so that should mean more chances to check. You'll still probably have an answer before I do.

Alright I found it, it's definitely the minor components that are the cause.

(I'm not sure how you linked to a time in your post you need to show me how to do that)

You will see me get Ioned and after a few seconds of not boosting my recharge kicks in to full gear and you can see me regain a very tiny amount of engine power while the debuff is still active. Since my Flashfire has Regeneration thrusters that is what's causing it.

Nice to know :) And about the slow??? It definately seemed quite strong when I got hit... And I'm sure it last more than 6s.

This is easily explained. The Ion Railgun T5 tooltip popup itself covers it.... 55% slow for 12 seconds. :p

( were you counting the seconds the other night waiting for my slug follow-up to land? :D )

---

Edited by Enurrsha

(I'm not sure how you linked to a time in your post you need to show me how to do that)

This was answered above, but yeah: below the video, click on "share" then check the box that says "start at" and some time stamp. Pause where you want to share it or enter your own time. Alternatively, you can right click on a video and click on "Copy video URL at current time" to get a link that works just as well.

This is easily explained. The Ion Railgun T5 tooltip popup itself covers it.... 55% slow for 12 seconds. :p

( were you counting the seconds the other night waiting for my slug follow-up to land? :D )

---

Except that's not actually how it works. It has the old values: 40% for 6 seconds. That's why the regen lockout is so much better.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

I use both T5 options, depending on which toon I'm flying. I've never bothered to count the seconds after hitting a ship with ion, so no clue if it is 6 or 12 seconds on slow. Most targets die less than 6 seconds after that ion hit anyway. Just "eyeballing" it though, the slow seems more like 55% to me than 40%, but given the lack of a speed indicator, the testing needed to sort that out is far more trouble than it's worth to me. I just know that a scout on afterburners suddenly seems like a bomber :cool:

Just another clip from Super Serious night showing that the Ion Slow is indeed only 6 seconds long.

In the video you'll see me hit an interdiction mine and then get Slowed by an Ion railgun. You can see that the Ion Railgun debuff only lasts 6 seconds. You also get to see him reapply it until I die :p

Now that I know how to make those handy timestamp links

I will try to think of a way to test the speed differences between 40% and 55% but that's quite a tall order so don't expect anything for awhile.

Just another clip from Super Serious night showing that the Ion Slow is indeed only 6 seconds long.

In the video you'll see me hit an interdiction mine and then get Slowed by an Ion railgun. You can see that the Ion Railgun debuff only lasts 6 seconds. You also get to see him reapply it until I die :p

Now that I know how to make those handy timestamp links

I will try to think of a way to test the speed differences between 40% and 55% but that's quite a tall order so don't expect anything for awhile.

Drak - an idea for testing the slow %

You'll need someone helping on other faction, obviously, and need to be left alone. Coordinate everything in voice of course, and stream/record everything. Pick a fixed targetable item - turret, parked gunship helping you, whatever. Start at 20km 15km whatever distance from it go from dead stop, accelerate to full, & travel the full distance - no afterburners. Then do all the same but with your gunship partner keeping ion slow on you constantly. Review the video time stamps to see the difference in time needed to cover the distance, and calculate the % slow. Something along those lines should work well enough to tell if it is 40% or 55%. You might start at 20km giving you 5km to get up to speed & start watching the time when you are 15km away from target, that would also work well for when the gunship starts holding ion slow on you.

Drak - an idea for testing the slow %

You'll need someone helping on other faction, obviously, and need to be left alone. Coordinate everything in voice of course, and stream/record everything. Pick a fixed targetable item - turret, parked gunship helping you, whatever. Start at 20km 15km whatever distance from it go from dead stop, accelerate to full, & travel the full distance - no afterburners. Then do all the same but with your gunship partner keeping ion slow on you constantly. Review the video time stamps to see the difference in time needed to cover the distance, and calculate the % slow. Something along those lines should work well enough to tell if it is 40% or 55%. You might start at 20km giving you 5km to get up to speed & start watching the time when you are 15km away from target, that would also work well for when the gunship starts holding ion slow on you.

So just off the top of my head I was thinking of using 2 people on the opposing side one with interdiction drone set to 50% slow, and then get someone to hit me with Ion. If I can't move it's 55% if I can move only very slowly it's 40%. Seems much easier then trying to get someone to leave me alone for that long, I don't know if you know this but I get focused a lot :p

So just off the top of my head I was thinking of using 2 people on the opposing side one with interdiction drone set to 50% slow, and then get someone to hit me with Ion. If I can't move it's 55% if I can move only very slowly it's 40%. Seems much easier then trying to get someone to leave me alone for that long, I don't know if you know this but I get focused a lot :p

I hadn't thought about using the drone in the mix - good idea. I'm assuming they stack? Is it concussion missile slow that doesn't stack with ion railgun? I don't recall offhand which slows do & don't stack.

Yes, I'm aware you get focused. I've flown with and against you on JC.

When using seismic mines with the interdiction talent (50% for 3s) combined with interdiction mines (50%) without the additional slowdown, some ships are still able to move. I guess those have speed thrusters and get to 110% and can move with the remaining 10%.

When using the additional slowdown on interdiction mines (+10%), I've never seen anyone move after they were hit by both mines.

I've taken the values from dulfy, but I've no idea if they're still correct.

If the values on dulfy are true, it shouldn't be difficult to test it, but it will require specifc setups on both teams of a match.

Edited by Danalon

I hadn't thought about using the drone in the mix - good idea. I'm assuming they stack? Is it concussion missile slow that doesn't stack with ion railgun? I don't recall offhand which slows do & don't stack.

Yes, I'm aware you get focused. I've flown with and against you on JC.

So the way Slows stack is that slows that don't affect turning stack additively with the ones that do.

Slows that affect turning include:

- Interdiction Drone

- Interdiction Mine

- Interdiction Missile

- Interdiction Drive

Slows that don't affect turning include:

- Ion Railgun Slow debuff

- Concussion Missile slow debuff

- Ion Missile slow debuff

-Siesmic Mine slow debuff

So you can have 1 of each of those 2 lists active on you at the same time. But you can't have 2 from the same list, the newest source will override the other one. I hope that's clear enough if someone doesn't understand let me know.

Edited by Drakkolich

So the way Slows stack is that slows that don't affect turning stack additively with the ones that do.

Slows that affect turning include:

- Interdiction Drone

- Interdiction Mine

- Interdiction Missile

- Interdiction Drive

Slows that don't affect turning include:

- Ion Railgun Slow debuff

- Concussion Missile slow debuff

- Ion Missile slow debuff

So you can have 1 of each of those 2 lists active on you at the same time. But you can't have 2 from the same list, the newest source will override the other one. I hope that's clear enough if someone doesn't understand let me know.

Nice, but what about the 3 second seismic mine interdiction?