The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

It's time to put black/black dye back on the market

Currently on Harbinger there's only one black/black dye module up on GTN for 10 million credits. It's time to put it back up on the marketplace since it seems like even the people who buy them in bulk to sit on them to sell on the GTN have ran out.

I agree. The price of black/black dyes has gotten a bit out control. About two days ago I bought a black/black dye for 6 million credits. There are two problems, first I need many black/black dyes and second the rising cost. For the most part, I can deal with the higher cost, but I can't do any thing about availability of black/black dyes.

Edited by Knockerz

Yeah I think next time they come up on the cartel market I will be buying several and just keep them in storage, as they are my most used dyes apart from the pale brown one in the humble hero chestpiece.

I really like black/deep red and deep red/black. Or try the JC creation screen armour set in black/dark purple.

I agree. The price of black/black dyes has gotten a bit out control. About two days ago I bought a black/black dye for 6 million credits. There are two problems, first I need many black/black dyes and second the rising cost. For the most part, I can deal with the higher cost, but I can't do any thing about availability of black/black dyes.

You need many? Should only need one per character in the chest. Color match is usually pretty good at matching the rest of it. (Not saying it's perfect, so if that's your problem, I do apologize.)

As far as black/black... I might have to see how it looks, but I've never seen it, and it doesn't sound like it has much of an appeal. I mean, what are we? Shadows in the darkness..?

But I do agree, certain colors need ways of getting them. The prices on alot of dye packs are out of control. And that's just to color clothes :(

I really like black/deep red and deep red/black. Or try the JC creation screen armour set in black/dark purple.

I too like black/red dye on atris armour for my female sorc, and I have used black/purple on the same robes for dark jaesa as i am already in black and red visas marr robe.

One should really check what a dye does to each piece of armor. Most times B/B dye is unneeded when primary black or secondary black works perfect for a piece of armor. If you have the cartel certs check with the vendor on fleet. Way cheaper then buying a B/B dye vs just a pri or sec dye. Edited by Vyerix

What pisses me off is that I got a black/black module in one of the cantina crates and I cant even sell it =/ automatically bound to character. Cant even trade it on my own legacy to characters that might actually use it.

that just sounds like a way to you know, ruin the market? :rolleyes:

some people. There are some decent Legacy rep gear items that look nice however. Or legacy chests and just customize the rest.

Edited by Faardor

One should really check what a dye does to each piece of armor. Most times B/B dye is unneeded when primary black or secondary black works perfect for a piece of armor. If you have the cartel certs check with the vendor on fleet. Way cheaper then buying a B/B dye vs just a pri or sec dye.

That would never work. People would start creating and deleting characters none stop and I'm willing to bet many would use 3rd party programs to do that. It would ruin the economy.

What pisses me off is that I got a black/black module in one of the cantina crates and I cant even sell it =/ automatically bound to character. Cant even trade it on my own legacy to characters that might actually use it.

I wish the dyes and some of the items were bound to legacy. I had a black/black dye drop on one and a Carbonite Freezing Item drop on another that I hardly ever play :/

I'm sure we will see the black/black dyes and such back in Cartel Market before KoTFE drops. I know I usually buy a few along with white/white and black/white and white/black when they are sold.

That would never work. People would start creating and deleting characters none stop and I'm willing to bet many would use 3rd party programs to do that. It would ruin the economy.

What?

You know I am talking about using Cartel Certs (and a few credits) that only come from Cartel Packs(if one even buys the packs from GTN or market) to buy BOP dyes from a Cartel vendor on fleet. If the primary black or secondary black only dyes do the job you are looking for instead of using a Black/Black dye which are stupid expensive currently. Not even sure what the current prices of BOE primary and secondary black dyes on GTN. Just that the cartel ones a very cheap alternative.

I have found using a mix of primary and secondary dyes to give a much better look on some armors. Instead of a straight up black/black dye and then unifying the rest of the set.

You need many? Should only need one per character in the chest. Color match is usually pretty good at matching the rest of it. (Not saying it's perfect, so if that's your problem, I do apologize.)

I have a colour scheme on one character which requires black/deep red on the chest, unified, then deep red/black on the boots, because they are mostly secondary colour...

• 2 weeks later...