Not Enough Female Companions.

MagusHylia

This is mostly for opinions. I like my female companions, but don't feel like there is enough of them. most of my ships are full of guys i don't care that much about and one or 2 females (usually 1 and i am not counting Treek, because i have to read what she says because she doesn't speak galactic basic) So anyway, i want to see more women on my ship darnit!

I wonder if it is because the story writers don't like writing a lot of major female parts, or was there no though about how many people would like to have more female companions. I think the companion change when KotFE comes out is a good way to let me take who i want where i want (other then places i am forced to take a specific companion, which is a different topic, that annoys me to no end) but would still like to have more female companions to converse with and gain affection with.

So, this is where i ask if anyone else is like i am and wishes there were more (granted i haven't finished warrior or agent stories so if those 2 are different i apologize for the mistake lol) and if there are people who disagree i would like to know why you disagree and we can have a fun conversation/debate about this.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats because they didnt want the game to be full of ships flying around fully crewed by female comps in slave gear :p

Think of it this way, any female companion a male character gets can be romanced/flirted with.

The same is -not- true with male companions and female characters. I think you get the better deal.

Although given the junior high mentality of most of the female comps, maybe not :D (Im especially looking at you mako, kira, mime girl, and ashara)

I'm okay with the male/female companion ratio overall. What bugs me is the companions that cannot be customized because they're a monster (Khem/Broomman) or an android (SCORPIO, 2V-R8) or can't wear headgear (Ashara/whatshisfacetroopercompanionguy). I like being able to personalize my crews and it annoys me when I can't.

Thats because they didnt want the game to be full of ships flying around fully crewed by female comps in slave gear :p

Think of it this way, any female companion a male character gets can be romanced/flirted with.

The same is -not- true with male companions and female characters. I think you get the better deal.

Although given the junior high mentality of most of the female comps, maybe not :D (Im especially looking at you mako, kira, mime girl, and ashara)

Mime girl?

Love the response, not saying there aren't a good number, i just would rather have more. As for the slave girl dress comment it should be up to the player if they dress the girl in scantily clad outfit (not that there is many of those in the game, not nearly as many as there are full covered armor/robes but that is another conversation). The constant DPS build on them (at the moment) does make it where i can't use someone i want to use because they don't fit my role well unless i am playing with a friend. I also don't want to have a ship of only female companions (well maybe some characters it would be fun to go with that dynamic but again another conversation). As for the monsters, i don't like most of them, only ones i can think of that i like are Bowdaar (because a smuggler needs his/her wookiee) and Treek. Also, don't get me wrong, i love the game to no end, i mostly want to have a conversation while i am not playing, and i would still like more female companions. Edited by MagusHylia

To be fair i think it would be a lot more fun to be able to have love triangles where they fight/argue or even force you to make a choice. I also wish they would have made the companions you can romance all straight because i like playing female characters but don't like flirting with male characters, but that is neither here nor there. I only have one female companion in dancing outfit, so there! :p

Edited by MagusHylia

I'm okay with the male/female companion ratio overall. What bugs me is the companions that cannot be customized because they're a monster (Khem/Broomman) or an android (SCORPIO, 2V-R8) or can't wear headgear (Ashara/whatshisfacetroopercompanionguy). I like being able to personalize my crews and it annoys me when I can't.

I get that, when it comes to no head gear, i usually (except in some circumstances) hide the headgear anyway, because i find them fugly. But when talking about headgear another topic for another day would be clipping issues with some armors (capes going into legs and stuff during cut scenes and the like) and mostly headpieces for Twi'leks and Torgrutas.

I get that, when it comes to no head gear, i usually (except in some circumstances) hide the headgear anyway, because i find them fugly. But when talking about headgear another topic for another day would be clipping issues with some armors (capes going into legs and stuff during cut scenes and the like) and mostly headpieces for Twi'leks and Torgrutas.

The "no headgear" companions are only a minor annoyance, just brought it up for the sake of completeness. Most of them can still wear all other slots. I truly believe KotFE will be great for companions as we'll be free to use the ones we like rather than the ones with the "appropriate role". Plus we're getting new ones, woohoo! And at least one of them's female, so that's a start right?

The "no headgear" companions are only a minor annoyance, just brought it up for the sake of completeness. Most of them can still wear all other slots. I truly believe KotFE will be great for companions as we'll be free to use the ones we like rather than the ones with the "appropriate role". Plus we're getting new ones, woohoo! And at least one of them's female, so that's a start right?

Yep yep, fully agree, a great start, and the companion role thing will be so great for people like me who don't like everyone on their ship, or maybe want to get the achievements for the companions and because of their rolls it makes it tough for some.

I agree, I'd have liked to see more female companions in the original crews. I prefer more human-like companions as they are more fun to dress and tend to be more pleasing to my eyes and ears, though we have a lot more males of that type than females. The companion breakdown for each class seems to be like this:

1. Romanceable females: 1/2

2. Romanceable males: 1/1-ish

3. Everyone else: 2/3

The problem is that Bioware didn't bother including any females of the third type, well, except for SCORPIO, who is a droid. Companions like Guss, Zenith, Talos, Xalek, Gault, Rusk, Blizz, etc are all male, but could just as easily have been written to be females. For some reason, they didn't seem to want to add any females that weren't potential love interests, so you get this strange combination of more romanceable females yet fewer females overall. :confused:

Hopefully, the new KotFE companions will include a good even mix. :)

Edited by Gwena

To be fair i think it would be a lot more fun to be able to have love triangles where they fight/argue or even force you to make a choice. I also wish they would have made the companions you can romance all straight because i like playing female characters but don't like flirting with male characters, but that is neither here nor there. I only have one female companion in dancing outfit, so there! :p

There are love triangles (for the class/gender combinations that have a choice of love interest), and the companions you can romance (as of the current game on the live servers) are all straight -- or at least there are no indications that they're not. It's possible this will change with the new expansion, as Lana (who is bi- or player-sexual in Forged Alliances/SoR) has been confirmed as a new companion.

The problem is that Bioware didn't bother including any females of the third type, well, except for SCORPIO, who is a droid. Companions like Guss, Zenith, Talos, Xalek, Gault, Rusk, Blizz, etc are all male, but could just as easily have been written to be females. For some reason, they didn't seem to want to add any females that weren't potential love interests, so you get this strange combination of more romanceable females yet fewer females overall. :confused:

Hopefully, the new KotFE companions will include a good even mix. :)

Agreed. A more varied mix would be nice.

There are love triangles (for the class/gender combinations that have a choice of love interest), and the companions you can romance (as of the current game on the live servers) are all straight -- or at least there are no indications that they're not. It's possible this will change with the new expansion, as Lana (who is bi- or player-sexual in Forged Alliances/SoR) has been confirmed as a new companion.

Agreed. A more varied mix would be nice.

I haven't had the chance to do love triangle because my only characters who have 2 female companions are female, which limit me to males which as stated before i don't really want to flirt with the male ones, for one i don't really like most of them. Would be nice to have flirt options for everyone, even if the flirting isn't returned would be nice to have that come out even if it is a rejection. Though sometimes i wish the droid that comes with the ship would translate for the ones who don't speak galactic basic, so i don't have to read what they say because it makes me not want to talk to those companions.

I would also like to have more companions like Jaesa where your choices and the way you talk to them can alter their attitude to the point of corrupting or saving a companion to or from the darkside. I hope this is something we will see in the new expansion. Edited by MagusHylia

there are quite a bit of female companions

There are 40 companions.

Of that 40, 11 are female. 3 are droids. So, that means that there are 26 males to 11 females. If we're generous and include HK-51 and Treek, those numbers change to 4 droids, 26 males, 12 females.

The numbers are definitely skewed.

Even if we remove the really exotic aliens like Khem Val, Yuum, Bowdaar, Qyzen Fess, Xalex, Treek and Broonmark, that still leaves 20 males and 11 females.

Nearly 2 to 1.

The ratio is kinda pathetic.

It didn't have to be this way, either. I'd much rather have had Ava Jaxo than Tano Vic on my trooper, and Tala-Reh is a thousand times more compelling than Fideltin Rusk (or Doc for that matter) as a companion for the Jedi Knight. I don't know anyone who plays a BH who actually likes Skadge, so replacing him with a female character, preferably another Madalorian would have been easy, and probably a popular choice. Xalex arrives in the Inquisitor Story line so late he could be easily replaced by a female character introduced at the end of act one. As for the Consular, Zenith would actually have been a more interesting character as a female.

There. That would bring the numbers a lot closer. 16 females, 16 near human males. 3 droids, 5 really alien aliens. Plus Treek and HK.