The Suggestion Compilation Thread - Regularly updated!

RuinGaming

Pet suggestion

Allow me to designate what I want my companion to sell that is not white.

Reasoning I normally pick up quests in bulk then proceed to run them. There are plenty of times that my bag will fill with no outpost anywhere close. I can dend my pet to sell the "junk", but to me there is more stuff there that I consider junk. I'd love to be able to unload it just like the white stuff without having to find a droid or vendor.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if there is a single thing on this list that bioware should ignore. it is this.

starwars isnt about exploring some random nook in an asteroid field, and if they decide to add in space combat like the snoozefest that SWG ...

I totally agree!

I like space combat sims, but I don't think they belong in this kind of MMORPG - Flying out to each objectvie in the SWG space content was boring and time consuming.

I love that I can do a space mission in just a few minutes and that SWTOR's beautifly implemented rail shooter cuts straight to the fun part of space missions... Blowing things up and upgrading your ship :]

What about a new need greed command?

Obviously, the whole issue of "need for your companions" is contentious, and I think there are good arguments for and against it.

How difficult would it be to change the roll system to the following?

Character need>Companion Need>Greed

Companions *are* an important aspect of your character, and it's fun to upgrade them. Why not bake that into the roll system, and have companion need take precedence over greed, but not over character need? This would eliminate the many ninja threads on this very topic.

Edited by TrifKaylon

I can't believe they locked

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=168537

to say it should go here...

If it was just a complaint, that would be ok, but since the poster tried to be constructive about it, it should be filed away on page 41 here? I suggest the mods copy and paste posts like this into this thread, but leave the original post alone.

mailbox on our ships would be nice but i would rather have a crew skills supply vendor that we could sell junk and buy crafting supplies from!

on a side note, for some reason I can't reverse engineer on my ship

and I would love to be able to right click on a guild members name in the guild GUI to whisper or invite them

... Make more common gear for force classes.. Force classes should have robes in common... But it happens that Jedi knights have robes only with hoods and SI dont have robes at all...

YES YES YES!

My female jedi sentenel went from looking hot to looking like a Jane Doe in a white terry cloth snuggie. I went straight to the GTN and was heart broken when all I found was robes, all the way to level 50 :[

Either addional armor options (without being forced to choose either looks OR decent stats)

OR add a vanity tab.

My priorities would be...

1. More appearance customization (i.e. a 'barbershop' droid with additional choices, a vanity tab and/or social clothing that can be worn over armor, etc.)

2. Quick travel to ship.

3. Unlock different weapon types for non force users and revamp certain skill trees to favor those other weapons - i.e. Imperial Operative with a carbine or pistol, BH Powertech with a carbine or rifle, etc.

4. Bounty hunter jet packs that provide an aim-able jump and slowfall (long cooldown could prevent it from making them overpowered, reduced falling damage and combat roll with shorter range and cooldown could be the mirror abiltiy for troopers)

5. Rideable mounts - maybe not as fast as speeders, but could have saddlebags and/or pet tanking abilities instead of speed

How about the ability to bind abilities to any key that I want on my keyboard? You know, like pretty much every other PC game in the world has. For instance, for some retarded reason the key to the left of 1 (§) is a hotkey for sending a bug report, which can't be bound to anything else.

That and other keybind limitations, combined with the fact that the number of abilities you get is hugely abundant in this game, is just plain idiotic. It should also be stupidly simple to fix.

I think a big one for me is having hoods/helmet combination. If the problem lies with the Twi'leks then disable them from allowing to wear hoods/helmet. Why should everyone else suffer?

They really need to fix end game. Besides PVP its boring! They need to add a level 50 chat so it can be easier finding groups for PVP or HM.

Ilum could be fun, but without having the need to fight the other side it is pointless. I know they are adding the need to kill 1 person before you can complete, but I don't think this will fix it.

I believe we need to have the ability to have mods with Expertise. I think having the ability to have a specific item that you like and be able to use it for most of the game was a great idea, except when it came to being level 50. Almost pointless then...

But for me the biggest need is having the ability to have more than 1 spec. I mean really? Rift and Wow both had this and it was greatly sought after and they don't include it?

If Bioware expects me and many others to continue playing after our 1st free month then they HAVE TO PICK UP THE PACE. I mean just look at the other MMOs and see what was expected of them and what was fixed. Bioware spent 300$ million and its still very lacking. That shouldn't be a problem. That is what beta's are for and it really seems like we are just playing another of their betas, just having to pay for it. Talk bout a rip off.

Personally i thought buying the digital deluxe edition was gonna be like buying rifts collectors edition you would get a mount at lvl 1 on every toon. That was awesome i think a standard was set right there if they can do it other mmo's can. If it would have been that way i dont think it would have been so agonizing to walk super slow everywhere. Regular walk speed should have been sprint speed and sprint speed should be force speed and so on.

Another set standard MMO's should have these are Minimum standards gamers come to expect MMO games to have now.

Guild LVLing system, perks, bank you can thank wow for making it popular(if SWTOR gave up guild star ships it would be expected from now on)

Teleport to instance (i think a standard was set by SWTOR with the way there bind points work too good job)

Refer a friend XP

Cross server Looking for group tool not a lame one like is already in the game (thank wow there LFG tool works)

UI Customization(Rift gave this one headway)

these are just a few i expected swtor to have hopefully these things have been in development and will be released this month or sooner cause it kinda sucks without this stuff.

MMO's have came a long way don't back peddle and set them back 5 years like your doing.

As much as I enjoy SWTOR there is still much lacking. I miss SWG with the open maps you could travel for days , whereas SWTOR, you are more or less on paths through each world. Going hunting, camping and even owning a home was something new and exciting for a game. Being able to maintain and store things in the home was great as well.

Also, SWTOR needs more classes.

As stated, I am enjoying the game, but really would like to see these things added.

Alsways enjoyed going out with a friend exploring the large world, camping, hunting, fishing etc. I was an original jedi redneck .

The Suggestion Compilation Thread:

Updated: January 10th.

- Being able to compare companion loot when looking at the companion page and when looking at an item. This worked in Beta, not sure why it was removed.

This has been implemented you just have to check the box in yor preferences for it to work, thanks

Training costs are way too expensive compared to credits coming in. When following regular quest lines and completing all quests available, I will head back to city to train and spend almost every credit I earned while questing. My lvl 21 Inquisitor had only 2,500 credits to her name after training...

A customizable UI is a must! There are so many skills, and it is vital to be able to group them appropriately, not all the way on either side of the screen!

A shared bank for each account would be extremely helpful as well!

Edited by carissa_aggie

As much as I enjoy SWTOR there is still much lacking. I miss SWG with the open maps you could travel for days , whereas SWTOR, you are more or less on paths through each world. Going hunting, camping and even owning a home was something new and exciting for a game. Being able to maintain and store things in the home was great as well.

Also, SWTOR needs more classes.

As stated, I am enjoying the game, but really would like to see these things added.

Alsways enjoyed going out with a friend exploring the large world, camping, hunting, fishing etc. I was an original jedi redneck .

awesome ideas mate i agree 1000% with all of them

Many ideas I would like to see as well, are already mentioned.

Here is my personal list:

- improve of performance in pvp and fleet for low/med systems (yeah sorry, but that's my biggest concern atm)

- how about a wider variety of color crystals

- it would be cool, if laser beams of guns would have the same color as the crystal used

- I understand that Wookiees are hard to implement, but how about Mon Calamaris as playable species? ...Miss my fish

- At least I would like to have resizable and movable UI windows. And make windows appear in front, when you click on them.

- and how about a wider variety of animals? There are so many the Starwars Saga has to offer

- animal mounts

- fix emotes. And let your char actually tell a joke, when using the joke emote

- and at last: planet commendations or the easy to get purple schematics by RE reduce my motivation to group for a flashpoint tbh...

While I am working on a massive world based objective pvp suggestion I had a simple one to put forth for now.

Preferences>Game>Controls>General

[x] Automatically sheath weapon when not in combat.

I'd love to stop my character from putting their weapon away when fights are finished.

Edited by Aethyrprime

Get that Cross-server crap out of here... merge servers if pop/ques are bad. Cross-server will kill community building and any idea of World PvP. It is the death nail and brings all the *****hats out.

Maybe i missed something cause i haven't seen cross server do anything except make queue times shorter. You get douche bags in cross server group, so what you get douche bags in server groups. You say you get more in cross server groups that's because your grouping more from the queues being shorter from having a bigger player base to chose from. So much controversy debating bring hard evidence the only hard evidence i see is queues are shorter when using cross server. Just gives people something to complain about if it wasn't Cross server it would be guilds that start with the letter "A". The letter "A" was brought to you by Sesame Street as well as the number "6".

Just a quick suggestion not sure if Devs even look here.

This is an idea I had after trying to teach someone who has never played games before (my wife) how to make sure they are attacking the correct enemy

Just like we have grouping health bars and ops group health bars, I would like to see a “enemy group” health bar on our HUD. In PvE this would be the responsibility of the group/ops leader. By using the “marking abilities” it would be cool if the game added to everyone in the groups HUD that marked enemy as a mouse clickable group on the right side of your screen (or left if you want to move your group health bars) By doing this you could create an enemy group depending on how many enemies your group/ops leader decides to mark. This would allow group members to easily see which target has the least amount of health or simply an easier way of targeting said enemy through a GUI rather than Tabbing.

In PvP I would like to see this automatically done in the 8 man War Zones. To allow people to easily see who’s health is lowest and possibly attract the attention of a DPS’er to finish them off, or target the healer in the group by easily being able to identify them from the “enemy group” area.

Love it or hate it no need to flame.

I would also like to ask at the end of this thread if anyone knows of a way to make it so that you “auto select” whatever enemy someone in your group is attacking. So if I tell my wife to attack whomever I’m attacking she could select my name or something it automatically targets the enemy I’m attacking. Is there a hotkey or function in the game for that?

The enemy attacking thing still needs to be fixed. I dont have the click on ground to deselect target active. and i'll be attacking and chasing one enemy and all of a sudden my target will change to the person that is attacking me. Not liking it. Thats during PVP anyway.

Gamebreaking for me: mouseovers for healing.

Almost gamebreaking for me: help vs harm and assist macros.

A free camera mode that doesn't auto-rotate to behind you, which makes kiting super awkward.

Movable / customizable ability bars.

Give the ability to remap self-cast and focus-cast buttons.