Scoundrel healer is terrible in arenas!!!!

aristrokratie

I really love my scoundrel, our healing is very good in both unranked and ranked BUT if people know ohw to interrupt you are totally *********** scewed, you can fakecast one interrupt but if 3 inquisiitors are rotating their interrupts on you you are so ****ed, both other healers have an interrupt protetction, we don't, BUT WE ARE THE CLASS THAT RELIES ON ONe F*CKING CASTED SPELL FOR EVERYTHING TO WORK PROPERLY. This needs a fix.

As for the title, i don't think we are terrible but i just needed some attention.

Edited by aristrokratie

Well...kinda agree a little, but OP heals are kinda like wave over time heals....what I mean is...if your talking about healing yourself being focused...roll away and you shoulD be able to get off a heal along with your HoTs keeping you alive. Your teammates should be doing the same. Between HoTs and instant instant heals you shouldn't panic and press all your cooldowns. If your LoSng an opponent or dare I say 2 or 3....what are you teammates doing???

So...that's why it really depends who is on your team and if they understand how to PvP with an OP healer.

But I totally get your frustration....I was that way before early in ranked healing on my OP.

Well...kinda agree a little, but OP heals are kinda like wave over time heals....what I mean is...if your talking about healing yourself being focused...roll away and you shoulD be able to get off a heal along with your HoTs keeping you alive. Your teammates should be doing the same. Between HoTs and instant instant heals you shouldn't panic and press all your cooldowns. If your LoSng an opponent or dare I say 2 or 3....what are you teammates doing???

So...that's why it really depends who is on your team and if they understand how to PvP with an OP healer.

But I totally get your frustration....I was that way before early in ranked healing on my OP.

I know all those little tricks but thanks anyways. My point is that if you are facing a grp of people who knows what they are doing they can shut down you healing by simply not letting you cast UM. Of course we are hot healers but our main single target healing comes from EM if someone need big healing.

You will run out of upper hand if you can not get an Underworld Medicine off. None of the other healers has that problem.

Especially sages just laugh if you interrupt them, they ALWAYS have an alternative heal. interrupt innervate-> dark infusion-> dark heal-.-

It is just retarded that our healing in general can be shut diówn so god damn easily and if we have to burstheal someone who is close to dying we can only use EM as neither a non crit UM nor a KP will do the job. Remeber, what I said? No UM, no upper hand, no EM; that is really retarded if you just look at those sages running circles with polarity shift while we have nothing against interrupts.

I would say two changes would fix this:

1. new passive: Super lucky: everytime you get interrupted while casting Underworld medicine you gain a stack of upper hand

2. Pugnacity cooldown set down to 45 seconds, now also grants interruptimmunity for the next 2 casted heals

I know all those little tricks but thanks anyways. My point is that if you are facing a grp of people who knows what they are doing they can shut down you healing by simply not letting you cast UM. Of course we are hot healers but our main single target healing comes from EM if someone need big healing.

You will run out of upper hand if you can not get an Underworld Medicine off. None of the other healers has that problem.

Especially sages just laugh if you interrupt them, they ALWAYS have an alternative heal. interrupt innervate-> dark infusion-> dark heal-.-

It is just retarded that our healing in general can be shut diówn so gosh darn easily and if we have to burstheal someone who is close to dying we can only use EM as neither a non crit UM nor a KP will do the job. Remeber, what I said? No UM, no upper hand, no EM; that is really retarded if you just look at those sages running circles with polarity shift while we have nothing against interrupts.

I would say two changes would fix this:

1. new passive: Super lucky: everytime you get interrupted while casting Underworld medicine you gain a stack of upper hand

2. Pugnacity cooldown set down to 45 seconds, now also grants interruptimmunity for the next 2 casted heals

If you're talking arena at ranked levels, scoundrel all but requires a trinity comp to do its job efficiently atm due to the burst meta and heal adjustments, which is why sorc currently dominates yolo que where you're not always going to have a tank to help mitigate the burst (Burst heals counter burst damage, hot heals counter pressure damage). That said, dropping pugnacity down to 45 seconds would be waaay too OP imo. I'd love it in a yolo situation, don't get me wrong, but with the utility bonus to it + flash powder, roll, and med shield it'd be over the top survivability in trinity build groups or regs.

What's your group doing when you're getting focused? Are any even bothering to taunt, peel or pressure at all? If the enemies entire plan everytime is just pressure you down with all their DPS it would leave their own healer vulnerable as well, at that point its not really in your hands anyway how the match turns out, it depends on how good your team's DPS is or if they're off taunting for you. Double med probe stack, Nanotech cloud, roll roll roll, LoS, etc etc. Hard cast where you can, use Kolto wave as interrupt bait, use your stuns, pugnacity, anything you can to delay.

Edited by Amaste

If you're talking arena at ranked levels, scoundrel all but requires a trinity comp to do its job efficiently atm due to the burst meta and heal adjustments, which is why sorc currently dominates yolo que where you're not always going to have a tank to help mitigate the burst (Burst heals counter burst damage, hot heals counter pressure damage). That said, dropping pugnacity down to 45 seconds would be waaay too OP imo. I'd love it in a yolo situation, don't get me wrong, but with the utility bonus to it + flash powder, roll, and med shield it'd be over the top survivability in trinity build groups or regs.

What's your group doing when you're getting focused? Are any even bothering to taunt, peel or pressure at all? If the enemies entire plan everytime is just pressure you down with all their DPS it would leave their own healer vulnerable as well, at that point its not really in your hands anyway how the match turns out, it depends on how good your team's DPS is or if they're off taunting for you. Double med probe stack, Nanotech cloud, roll roll roll, LoS, etc etc. Hard cast where you can, use Kolto wave as interrupt bait, use your stuns, pugnacity, anything you can to delay.

I am not talking about myself getting focused. It is the interrupt timing I talk about in grp ranked, players just rotate their interrupts only on me (sorc heal, sorc dd and if in range the assasin, thats what we usually face most of the time^^). I can fakecast one interrupt but 3 is just waaay too much. It really makes my heals suffer al lot because my single target healing then goes down without upper hand

No doubt that interrupts should set pressure on healers as they have to work around it to keep their group alive. bit neither of the other healers actually looses their ability to keep a certain teammate up through burst damage up if their main filler heal is interrupted: dark infusion for example, a sorc will cast innervate or dark heal instead... if um is interrupted and you do not have upper hand (which is the reason why I start hardcasting UM at 2 stacks UH to not let that happen) your only option is either diagnostic scan, hot spam, kolto waves or recuperative nanotech (but i normally always have it used up) which all do little to no burst healing a target would need

I am not talking about myself getting focused. It is the interrupt timing I talk about in grp ranked, players just rotate their interrupts only on me (sorc heal, sorc dd and if in range the assasin, thats what we usually face most of the time^^). I can fakecast one interrupt but 3 is just waaay too much. It really makes my heals suffer al lot because my single target healing then goes down without upper hand

Fake casting right now is a waste of time. It's better to bait interrupts with Infusion or Kolto Wave. Since burst is so high right now you can't spend the time to fake cast and not have it pay off. Best way to heal in ranked arenas is to cast heal the whole time. HoT/Surgical won't keep anyone up anymore. Only use Surgical to refresh HoTs on a tunnel target and cast heal till you are out of energy then just pray your team can get a kill by that time.

Fake casting right now is a waste of time. It's better to bait interrupts with Infusion or Kolto Wave. Since burst is so high right now you can't spend the time to fake cast and not have it pay off. Best way to heal in ranked arenas is to cast heal the whole time. HoT/Surgical won't keep anyone up anymore. Only use Surgical to refresh HoTs on a tunnel target and cast heal till you are out of energy then just pray your team can get a kill by that time.

My problem is that even if I get them to use their interrupt on KW or KP they will still interrupt me on UM, because of that I have to let them interrupt something, then fakecast and then do the actual heal, everything else won't work sadly...

It makes me so upset that no of the other healers has to deal with that s*it.

I would be so super happy if UM would grant upper hand regardless if it is interrupted or not.

Relying on UM for TA procs seems like a crit issue. I always have 2 HoTs on everyone. In 8v8s it's a ***** to manage, but 4v4s you have to. 1 to not waste energy 2 using SP resets them...TAs for days. I'm 25crit, 74surge and 5 alacrity. If your team is not going to help you or kill it don't matter if you cast or HoT....the match is a wash! Edited by MerriwxOne

My problem is that even if I get them to use their interrupt on KW or KP they will still interrupt me on UM, because of that I have to let them interrupt something, then fakecast and then do the actual heal, everything else won't work sadly...

It makes me so upset that no of the other healers has to deal with that s*it.

I would be so super happy if UM would grant upper hand regardless if it is interrupted or not.

I'm just saying... it's pointless to fakecast because of how much damage is going out. Operatives currently have to be ahead of burst that means we can't waste any GCDs. The only suggestion I can give is to try to LoS range interrupts and stand far away from melee so they are forced to run away out to you to interrupt your casting. There isn't really anything else you can do past that.

I'm just saying... it's pointless to fakecast because of how much damage is going out. Operatives currently have to be ahead of burst that means we can't waste any GCDs. The only suggestion I can give is to try to LoS range interrupts and stand far away from melee so they are forced to run away out to you to interrupt your casting. There isn't really anything else you can do past that.

That is what I am trying to do, but it is quite difficult with permaslow on me. I think that even tho the scoundrel is atm a lot more challenging to play (i like that) being interrupted is waay too punishing. not only you lose a burstheal but also the upper hand which reduces my single target healing as I am forced to heal a lot while moving, other classes do not have that problem as they both have other heals on the move and they have interrupt immuntity if needed.

My two biggest issues with the scoundrel healer are

1. interrupts

2. scamper not being usable while rooted

That is what I am trying to do, but it is quite difficult with permaslow on me. I think that even tho the scoundrel is atm a lot more challenging to play (i like that) being interrupted is waay too punishing. not only you lose a burstheal but also the upper hand which reduces my single target healing as I am forced to heal a lot while moving, other classes do not have that problem as they both have other heals on the move and they have interrupt immuntity if needed.

My two biggest issues with the scoundrel healer are

1. interrupts

2. scamper not being usable while rooted

You shouldn't be healing on the move... Surgical is just bad right now as a heal. It's better to just keep trying to cast heal. If they are seriously throwing all their interrupts and CCs at you there is nothing you can really do as an Operative healer.

You shouldn't be healing on the move... Surgical is just bad right now as a heal. It's better to just keep trying to cast heal. If they are seriously throwing all their interrupts and CCs at you there is nothing you can really do as an Operative healer.

Yeah, I tried out sorc and it is ridiculously easy, maybe I'll stick to it until op becomes more viable

It's not like we were nerfed, it's just other class had better buffs. When I came back this week to do arenas, I've noticed the meta changed from sustain-pressure to burst. Something that, yes the 3.3 buffs helped, but the playstle has shifted. Operative healing now is forcing the interrupt to keep up a focused target and to no longer rely on Surgical to keep them up. You need to pay attention to what is about to happen. If you see, for example, 2 PTs shift from their target to another target, you need to anticipate that and prep heals for the new target.

It's not like we were nerfed, it's just other class had better buffs. When I came back this week to do arenas, I've noticed the meta changed from sustain-pressure to burst. Something that, yes the 3.3 buffs helped, but the playstle has shifted. Operative healing now is forcing the interrupt to keep up a focused target and to no longer rely on Surgical to keep them up. You need to pay attention to what is about to happen. If you see, for example, 2 PTs shift from their target to another target, you need to anticipate that and prep heals for the new target.

There are not many things that I would say are wrong about the scoundrel, it is just that our healing style does not fit into pvp atm. But really I think the amount of burst damage in general in pvp is ridulous atm.

And lol, they complain about heals being waay too strong only becasue they can not global us with their pt as they are used to with commando dds^^

I think we just need a bit more on the move healing apart form surgical probe spam, (lol devs might answer we have diagnostic scan) mybe make infusion instant and cost less energy. I also would like to see some rework on kolto waves, it is very powerful but it does feel quite clunky.

But the one thing I think really really needs to be reworked is they way surcigal probe interacts with our hot. If we get stunned or cced twice and our probes fall off we have little choice other than hotting everyone again which consumes a lot of time. If someone drops low then the only thing you can do is cast yourself oom or take the risk and rehot him so you can spam surgical (I am talking of phases where they just have used their burst and I have a little time to heal everyone up to full)

Sometimes my teammate would die during my cast so i need to use surgical probe. If I do not have my hots applied there is little to nothing I can do, while if I were a sorc I would just bubble him, autocrit innervate, darkheal/infusion, hot and then roaming mend.

Edited by aristrokratie

Ee, dunno much about solo ranked (though I guess it's similar) but in team ranked you kinda cant stand in one place whole time and try to hard cast heals. First, you will be just like a training dummy for enemy dpsers, second, u wont cast anything like that anyway since u will get 2 or 3 interrupts one after another. You need to move a lot to LoS range dpsers, to kite melee dpsers, to change your position accordingly to what rest of ur team is doing, to cc/stun enemy healer etc. And u need to heal while doing that. What can u do:

- dont neglect HoTs. Granted, they are not that much useful anymore, but it doesnt mean they are useless. Many times I saw situation when a scoundrel is trying to cast some bigger heals on his teammate, takes 2 or 3 interrupts and after that gets stunned, since at that time his resolve bar becomes empty. Without using kolto claud which was prolly off cd for a long time, without hotting anyone. Effect: completely no healing done. You dont need to HoT all 4 people from ur team, just use kolto claud on cd and try to keep SRMPs at least on teammate who's focused, maybe on tank as well, especially if u realise you are going to be stunned/cced soon.

- when u cast a heal, try at least to stay in a spot when u can LoS enemy range dps, since they are usually the ones who are interrupting on cd. If enemy sorc healer is interrupting u too, well, it's gonna be harder :p

- if u have a melee dpser on u and u expect he will interrupt ur next cast, u can stun/cc/nade him. Yeah, it can screw up sometimes resolve for your team's incoming switch, but sometimes its better than being interrupted and letting ur team die.

- your team and you as well absolutely cant take any unnecessary, stupid dmg. By that I mean mostly avoiding stacking in AoE. With good positioning ur team can make ur healing a lot more easier. So if u see ur team mates stacking in some force storm or supresive fire, yell on them untill they learn not to do it :p.

- cooperate with ur team. Synchronize your casts with ur teammates carbonizes or knocbacks, call for stuns or other peels if u need some space for healing. Thats the beauty of team ranked ;)

Edited by LordN

Ee, dunno much about solo ranked (though I guess it's similar) but in team ranked you kinda cant stand in one place whole time and try to hard cast heals. First, you will be just like a training dummy for enemy dpsers, second, u wont cast anything like that anyway since u will get 2 or 3 interrupts one after another. You need to move a lot to LoS range dpsers, to kite melee dpsers, to change your position accordingly to what rest of ur team is doing, to cc/stun enemy healer etc. And u need to heal while doing that. What can u do:

- dont neglect HoTs. Granted, they are not that much useful anymore, but it doesnt mean they are useless. Many times I saw situation when a scoundrel is trying to cast some bigger heals on his teammate, takes 2 or 3 interrupts and after that gets stunned, since at that time his resolve bar becomes empty. Without using kolto claud which was prolly off cd for a long time, without hotting anyone. Effect: completely no healing done. You dont need to HoT all 4 people from ur team, just use kolto claud on cd and try to keep SRMPs at least on teammate who's focused, maybe on tank as well, especially if u realise you are going to be stunned/cced soon.

- when u cast a heal, try at least to stay in a spot when u can LoS enemy range dps, since they are usually the ones who are interrupting on cd. If enemy sorc healer is interrupting u too, well, it's gonna be harder :p

- if u have a melee dpser on u and u expect he will interrupt ur next cast, u can stun/cc/nade him. Yeah, it can screw up sometimes resolve for your team's incoming switch, but sometimes its better than being interrupted and letting ur team die.

- your team and you as well absolutely cant take any unnecessary, stupid dmg. By that I mean mostly avoiding stacking in AoE. With good positioning ur team can make ur healing a lot more easier. So if u see ur team mates stacking in some force storm or supresive fire, yell on them untill they learn not to do it :p.

- cooperate with ur team. Synchronize your casts with ur teammates carbonizes or knocbacks, call for stuns or other peels if u need some space for healing. Thats the beauty of team ranked ;)

That is what I am doing, it just does not work as well as on my sorc

Meh sorcs are just better because their healing values are way to high once that comes down operatives will mostly likely take back there eternal spot of flavor forever. I'm honestly just upset because they overbuffed sorc healing abilities literally every single heal was buffed other than force mend and 2 utility talents that can heal. Sorc out of the 3 healers is the easiest to play and imo when you give a naturally easy spec to play huge healing or damage values ontop of the classes innate ability for cc and escapes end up with problems.

As for operatives literally nothing wrong with them, simply gone are the days have spamming surgical probe on a target without kolto probe and keeping them alive. Main difference is now operatives literally have even more emphasize on anticipating damage than ever before because their burst outside of a cast single target heal is surgical on a target with 2 stacks of kolto probe, that combo is not weak at all.

Operatives main weakness just like before just more obvious now that the insanity of 2.0 is gone are stuns, they have no DR while stunned, their main backbone to sustained and instant burst, kolto probes can fall of a target. At the same time though the weakness of being stunned is covered with their hots, 2 stacks of kolto probe and a kolto cloud and if lucky an infusion goes a long way in reducing damage while stunned. The only thing operatives lack which sorcs and mercs have access to is a large instant cast heal that requires no pre set up.

Scouperatives are not terrible in any format of the game Sorcs are simply better then them now but for the wrong reasons and that's simply because of insane healing values.

hopefully that gets fixed tho.....

Meh sorcs are just better because their healing values are way to high once that comes down operatives will mostly likely take back there eternal spot of flavor forever. I'm honestly just upset because they overbuffed sorc healing abilities literally every single heal was buffed other than force mend and 2 utility talents that can heal. Sorc out of the 3 healers is the easiest to play and imo when you give a naturally easy spec to play huge healing or damage values ontop of the classes innate ability for cc and escapes end up with problems.

As for operatives literally nothing wrong with them, simply gone are the days have spamming surgical probe on a target without kolto probe and keeping them alive. Main difference is now operatives literally have even more emphasize on anticipating damage than ever before because their burst outside of a cast single target heal is surgical on a target with 2 stacks of kolto probe, that combo is not weak at all.

Operatives main weakness just like before just more obvious now that the insanity of 2.0 is gone are stuns, they have no DR while stunned, their main backbone to sustained and instant burst, kolto probes can fall of a target. At the same time though the weakness of being stunned is covered with their hots, 2 stacks of kolto probe and a kolto cloud and if lucky an infusion goes a long way in reducing damage while stunned. The only thing operatives lack which sorcs and mercs have access to is a large instant cast heal that requires no pre set up.

Scouperatives are not terrible in any format of the game Sorcs are simply better then them now but for the wrong reasons and that's simply because of insane healing values.

hopefully that gets fixed tho.....

Well, I have ro disagree with you on some points:

- sorcs are not only op because of their healing values but also because of their extreme versatility. They have bubblestun, stun DMG reduction, instant 30 yard range cc, a root and slowbreak, force barrier, instant selfheals, knock back, slow, autocrit, interrupt immunity etc. They have so many options and pretty much a counter to everything (I personally think that is how healers should be, having if played well an answer to every classes' "I win" button)

For example what do you do as a scoundrel against 2 sentinels or guardians chasing you? You get nailed down like **** and can not roll, you maybe have to sacrifice your evasion for just breaking a root in order to get away and instantly rubber band back. I think the biggest issue the scoundrel (HEALER) has atm is that you have to use your strongest defensive cooldown (evasion has a cooldown of average 30 seconds because the reset is not always triggered) in order to get some distance to all melee while sorcs can (if they spec into it) instant break all roots and slows with immunity to them while they use their escape every 15 seconds.

The second reason while sorcs over perform atm is that their healing is pretty much unstoppable instant cast wandering mend and a channelled heal. Interrupting innervate does not make that much sense because they always get some healing out of it. Wandering mend is instant and heals for 5k while it can hit a person twice for 10k NON CRIT.

Their static barrier absorbs a lot of damage and their healing ring does the rest against pressure comps. Sorcs can heal through anything without ever having to worry if they can get a cast off.

Scoundrels' healing highly relies on SrM ticking on everyone which can fall off during a 8 second mezz. Also they are not able to heal someone up that dropped below 50% health. If they do not have their hots on them they die.

Our burst healing is easy as fu** to mitigate (just always interrupt UM pretty much everyone knows that interrupting waves and kolto infusion is a waste of an interrupt)

The healing potential is there but our toolkit is lacklustre in some degrees. I would suggest some of the following:

1. Interrupting UM should not completely screw us. It is not only our strong single target heal but you also need the upper hand to provide some healing if you have to reposition yourself. If it is interrupted you should instantly gain one upper hand.

2. We need some ability like"I *********** need this heal, let me cast it" I suggest reducing the cooldown of pugnacity to 45 seconds and making it grant interrupt immunity for the next two casts as well as what it does atm. This would be a less powerful version of polarity shift but on a lower cooldown.

2.5 (optional) I dislike the way surgical interact with our hots, namely I dislike it being worthless without them.

As you can not spam surgical until evening it would be good to have it apply one stack of our hot instead of refreshing the two stacks. This would allow us to get things rolling after a long cc while not increasing our overall hps by that much.

Remember, surgical spam prevents our hots from ticking which is stupid, you get an instant tick but that counts to the surgical as our hots then do no longer tick on their own. I think that should be changed too.

3. A healer should always be able to get away from melee. As scamper requires a global cooldown and has a cooldown of 11.5 to 19.99 seconds it should be usable regardless if you are rooted or not and should suppress snares for it's duration (just to fix rubber banding)

4. Although kolto waves is strong I would like to see it being modified because it is boring to use. :p

Well, I have ro disagree with you on some points:

- sorcs are not only op because of their healing values but also because of their extreme versatility. They have bubblestun, stun DMG reduction, instant 30 yard range cc, a root and slowbreak, force barrier, instant selfheals, knock back, slow, autocrit, interrupt immunity etc. They have so many options and pretty much a counter to everything (I personally think that is how healers should be, having if played well an answer to every classes' "I win" button)

For example what do you do as a scoundrel against 2 sentinels or guardians chasing you? You get nailed down like **** and can not roll, you maybe have to sacrifice your evasion for just breaking a root in order to get away and instantly rubber band back. I think the biggest issue the scoundrel (HEALER) has atm is that you have to use your strongest defensive cooldown (evasion has a cooldown of average 30 seconds because the reset is not always triggered) in order to get some distance to all melee while sorcs can (if they spec into it) instant break all roots and slows with immunity to them while they use their escape every 15 seconds.

The second reason while sorcs over perform atm is that their healing is pretty much unstoppable instant cast wandering mend and a channelled heal. Interrupting innervate does not make that much sense because they always get some healing out of it. Wandering mend is instant and heals for 5k while it can hit a person twice for 10k NON CRIT.

Their static barrier absorbs a lot of damage and their healing ring does the rest against pressure comps. Sorcs can heal through anything without ever having to worry if they can get a cast off.

Scoundrels' healing highly relies on SrM ticking on everyone which can fall off during a 8 second mezz. Also they are not able to heal someone up that dropped below 50% health. If they do not have their hots on them they die.

Our burst healing is easy as fu** to mitigate (just always interrupt UM pretty much everyone knows that interrupting waves and kolto infusion is a waste of an interrupt)

The healing potential is there but our toolkit is lacklustre in some degrees. I would suggest some of the following:

1. Interrupting UM should not completely screw us. It is not only our strong single target heal but you also need the upper hand to provide some healing if you have to reposition yourself. If it is interrupted you should instantly gain one upper hand.

2. We need some ability like"I *********** need this heal, let me cast it" I suggest reducing the cooldown of pugnacity to 45 seconds and making it grant interrupt immunity for the next two casts as well as what it does atm. This would be a less powerful version of polarity shift but on a lower cooldown.

2.5 (optional) I dislike the way surgical interact with our hots, namely I dislike it being worthless without them.

As you can not spam surgical until evening it would be good to have it apply one stack of our hot instead of refreshing the two stacks. This would allow us to get things rolling after a long cc while not increasing our overall hps by that much.

Remember, surgical spam prevents our hots from ticking which is stupid, you get an instant tick but that counts to the surgical as our hots then do no longer tick on their own. I think that should be changed too.

3. A healer should always be able to get away from melee. As scamper requires a global cooldown and has a cooldown of 11.5 to 19.99 seconds it should be usable regardless if you are rooted or not and should suppress snares for it's duration (just to fix rubber banding)

4. Although kolto waves is strong I would like to see it being modified because it is boring to use. :p

See that's the thing though sorcs are meant to be the versatile healer they just shouldn't have base insane healing values. Sorcs were always suppose to be the utility healer with a mix of burst and sustained but not the best. Opeartives actually used to over step their bounds in this regard until sorcs got barrier and even then op's were better because their single target burst was to high while having hands down the best sustained aoe.

Fast forward to now and sorcs clearly have more defensive options than operatives it's just that their healing values burst sustained all around is to high. When you combine the insane healing with the very very amazing utility sorcs have you run into issues they were never meant to be the best burst healer or close to best sustained always suppose to be in the middle and make up for that with amazing utility and easiest resource management and not the mess that was before 3.3.

For the scenario you gave with the sents or guardian that's really not wasting evasion if it keeps you alive, you also have the option to flash grenade or stealth and if taken which I always personally take can use threat drop to root break.

As for the manner sorcs heal that's what makes them special same can be said for operatives with instant cast surgical probe. Kolto infusion is never a waste to interrupt as for kolto waves depends if aoe pressure or single target pressure is the main focus of the opposing enemy , while these things matter for operatives and mercs it doesn't apply to sorcs atm simply because every single heal is over tuned and doing much more than intended.

Nothing really lackluster with scoupeartives toolkit atm sorc healing is just to strong. While I agree with pugnacity providing some level of instant cast or uninterrupted healing for UWM , can't have the cd reduced to 45 seconds without nerfing the alacrity it provides or reducing the duration, plus the heroic utility surprise comeback would easily become one of the greatest def cds ever.

As for the 1 stack kolto probe this would actually be a burst gain which is all instant cast and create issues without lowering the vaules of kolto probe again which from the previous pts ppl weren't fond of. Now for surgical spam it has the benefit of force ticking but also resets the 3 sec timer for hots to tick it's honestly not a big deal considering your causing a forced tick. Scamper is fine most roots are cleanse able other than warrior leap and force roots, if anything needs to be looked at it's how cleanses interact with debuffs and the cd on it considering no dots can be cleansed anymore.

Scouperatives are not in a bad place at all sorcs are simply superior because their healing is over tunned all the actual concerns they should really have as a spec can be ignored simply because their burst sustained and energy management are overkill. Tbh though while sorcshealing is broken and absurd thing about it this is exactly what operatives were like to sorcs and mercs in the not to distance past the biggest difference imho is sorcs of the 3 healers sorcs are the easiest thing for any person to pick up and just heal learn the basics of healing without worrying much about how this heal interacts with so and so because each healing ability on a sorc is pretty effective no matter what the situation calls for.

Lastly damage in terms of burst should be looked into especially on MM snipers AP techs and Concealment opeartives not really calling for nerfs on them but look into the ways they deal their damage for example MM's Ambush potency or why AP techs have the sunder debuff and 30m range on half it's abilities as for concealment lacerations surge rating being to high.