Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Subs without the Revan expansion & KotFE early access

heckyeahappo

yo

1) I am a sub currently, levelling toons with 12x and having a blast

2) i don't have SoR yet, primarily because i am lazy but also because i'm not sure it's worth to buy it before it goes free for subs (since I mostly solo and am mostly in this game for the story)

3) SoR is free for subs from October 27th (KotFE launch date), which is fine by me

4) However if I am a sub all the way through and thus qualify for KotFE early access... will I still be able to take advantage of this if I don't have SoR (and thus am trapped at level 55)? Or will I be locked out of it until October 27th?

Yo.

"Access to Level 56-60 can only be obtained by purchasing the Shadow of Revan expansion. If you subscribe 1 month after October 27, 2015, you will get this expansion for free. This expansion is unlocked for the duration of the account even if you unsubscribe."

So it seems like you won't get SoR until November 27th? But as of Oct 20th you'll have everything except SoR, does that make sense?

yo

1) I am a sub currently, levelling toons with 12x and having a blast

2) i don't have SoR yet, primarily because i am lazy but also because i'm not sure it's worth to buy it before it goes free for subs (since I mostly solo and am mostly in this game for the story)

3) SoR is free for subs from October 27th (KotFE launch date), which is fine by me

4) However if I am a sub all the way through and thus qualify for KotFE early access... will I still be able to take advantage of this if I don't have SoR (and thus am trapped at level 55)? Or will I be locked out of it until October 27th?

well couple issues. You won't be able to open up any of the new content until you finish SOR (forged alliance and rishi/yavin/ziost) as it will be 60+ content and tied to ziost story

so you'll get early access but they have not confirmed whether the early access will include the SOR free content since officially it isn't until launch. You maybe could PM Eric or Tait and get a much stronger confirmation but you may just end up waiting until launch for an answer.

there is a 39.99 bundle on amazon that includes SOR and 2400 cartel coins and I 60 day subscription time, that might be a more valuable item if looking at starting early access.

otherwise you'll have to wait until the 27 + howlong it takes you to clear forged alliance/rishi/yavin/ziost. At best you would get the new level cap, would get new companions and such, just not access to any of the story until you complete SOR content.

that is my understanding anyway.

From the KotFE FAQ...

5. Can I still get Knights of the Fallen Empire if I don’t have Rise of the Hutt Cartel or Shadow of Revan?

All subscribers will receive access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan starting on October 27, 2015.

I also belive in one of the Cantina Q^A's someone asked about access to SoR for Early Access and they said yes you would receive access to SoR during the Early Access period. But don't hold me to that as fact...just going of memory which is "old". :)

I also belive in one of the Cantina Q^A's someone asked about access to SoR for Early Access and they said yes you would receive access to SoR during the Early Access period. But don't hold me to that as fact...just going of memory which is "old". :)

I do not think they separate anything for the early access, if you got it then you got it all.

That would be dumb to give players the early access but force them to wait another week because they don't have SoR. That would cause a lot of confusion and rage. Bioware isn't that stupid, I hope.

they probably figure anyone willing to stay subbed for early access probably already bought the expansion. If you don't, early access of a new expansion probably not a big deal since obviously the current content isn't significant either.

From the KotFE FAQ...

hm. that would be nice i won't lie ;) but a dev post confirming either way would also be nice.

in the last live stream devs said you get all the content with fallen empire....so you can play sor as 65 which makes it a lot easier...that is what i am going to do..before i accept the kotfe mission i will level up to 65 via pvp and get 65 pvp gear and then finish sor content after that ill become a nobody out lander and dejavo starts all over again lol.

I would have thought, you will get a free level 60 char as promised. In which case it doesn't really matter about SoR as you will start on that char only.

All other toons locked at 55 will have to wait though until you get SoR..

The ones asking this thing are those that does not have SoR and will be playing 20 October. To those players it matter, but we got the answer all expansions active for those that play 20 October.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.