Playing anything beside FoTM is toxic

Ryako

I legitimately feel like a terrible person playing my favorite mode, with my favorite class. How long does bioware plan to keep Merc (and others) unplayable in Arena 4v4?

Has bioware ever commented on the lack of class balance in pvp?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I legitimately feel like a terrible person playing my favorite mode, with my favorite class. How long does bioware plan to keep Merc (and others) unplayable in Arena 4v4?

Has bioware ever commented on the lack of class balance in pvp?

Everything changes in 2 mos.

Everything changes in 2 mos.

Yes, in 2 months to enter ranked you will need to: 1) have 2018 expertise 2) be a sorc.

I dont understand some mando/merc's optimism, I read the about the probable changes and the gap between you and others will be bigger if anything.

even in regs mercs are tunneled worse than any other class. Once Kolto overload/Chaff flare is gone, you might as well /sit unless you've got a damn good healer lol.

Yeah, it is not like the weaknesses classes have in 4s goes away in 8s. You just might have a chance to get lost in the crowd and more of a chance to have a healer and tank. Still the same shortcomings.

My favorite thing is that FOTM players will trash talk other players such as mercs when they get focused and hammered and don't get off any DPS because they are kitting for their lives and tell you how bad you are.

Yet these same morons when focused die in similar fashion. There is no class really that can survive being 4 man attacked/ganked, sure sins can stealth out but non-stealth classes are dead if 4 DPS are determined to kill them.

I always find it amusing that its always blamed on the teammate and is his fault when hes focused and dies first and not the fault of the other DPS who cant stick on their target and kill him faster. Maybe just maybe the other teams DPS was better and the reason the focused person died was because you took to long to kill your target.

Ye gods, are Mercs now whining about their place in regs? :rolleyes: I don't play my Merc that often and even I can post gold medals when I do. This is just moaning that you aren't stupid OP like some classes.

If we rate classes for PvP it would be like this: 10/10 sorc, 9/10 pt, 7/10 sin, 6/10 op, 4/10 mara, 3/10 jugg, 1/10 sniper, -6,5/10 merc

Mercs arent simply not OP. They are so underpowered it hurts the feelings of any decent person.

If we rate classes for PvP it would be like this: 10/10 sorc, 9/10 pt, 7/10 sin, 6/10 op, 4/10 mara, 3/10 jugg, 1/10 sniper, -6,5/10 merc

Mercs arent simply not OP. They are so underpowered it hurts the feelings of any decent person.

I'd actually say that Marauders are better than Operatives. Unless we are talking Op Healers. I play my Marauder better, and can survive longer with him than my Operative, mainly because outside of the Roll and Kolto Probes (which you are almost required to spam) you have crap defences. A Mara can live through attacks that would normally kill an operative. Undying Rage, Force Camo, Predation, and Fury's arsenal of defensive capabilities such as 5% Defence Chance, and 6s CC immunity kick the crap out of an Operative's defensive arsenal.

I dont see how people think Sorcs are better then Sins. Maybe one should rate them by role because a damage DPS sorc is not better then an Sin.

If you want to DPS you are better off as a SIN as far as I'm concerned and DPS sorcs often get focused and cant handle it like their healing counterpart.

I'd actually say that Marauders are better than Operatives. Unless we are talking Op Healers. I play my Marauder better, and can survive longer with him than my Operative, mainly because outside of the Roll and Kolto Probes (which you are almost required to spam) you have crap defences. A Mara can live through attacks that would normally kill an operative. Undying Rage, Force Camo, Predation, and Fury's arsenal of defensive capabilities such as 5% Defence Chance, and 6s CC immunity kick the crap out of an Operative's defensive arsenal.

Operatives have more escapes, better cc and stealth. And they can heal themselves and otbers even when dps. Good ones do well in solos.

even in regs mercs are tunneled worse than any other class. Once Kolto overload/Chaff flare is gone, you might as well /sit unless you've got a damn good healer lol.

as a merc in regs, if you cannot find space to do effective dmg, then two issues are in play: 1) you don't know how to play or make space; 2) faction imbalance - reg matches are often tilted, especially if there's a major faction balance problem and you're on the weaker faction; and then there's...3) a combination of 1 and 2.

as a merc in regs, if you cannot find space to do effective dmg, then two issues are in play: 1) you don't know how to play or make space; 2) faction imbalance - reg matches are often tilted, especially if there's a major faction balance problem and you're on the weaker faction; and then there's...3) a combination of 1 and 2.

Its more of a team composition issue. The reason sorcs are better than the other ranged classes in solo is their ability to at least be their own healer. Snipers of course have no healing, and mercs just don't heal nearly as well. So in regs with no heals and still facing just a few enemies that know what you are and understand a merc or snipers major burst potential but are easy to burn down will still focus them down ASAP.

Yes, in 2 months to enter ranked you will need to: 1) have 2018 expertise 2) be a sorc.

I dont understand some mando/merc's optimism, I read the about the probable changes and the gap between you and others will be bigger if anything.

its not so bad, as sin i'd like be considered over my merc guildmates for ops for example :rolleyes:. Just stop pretending all classes need to be uber effective in all. No game is close to be such perfect, besides, some of us who main sorc/sin/pt since ealy access, coudn't care less about crying pvp threads :p. After that yes mercs needs to be reworked, if this is on to do list, at least rework them properly so maybe my guild will stop to stuck up mercs for revan :rak_01:

The so called fotm classes are half the current characters iin game, so all is fotm according to some ppl ;)

Edited by xX-Archangel-Xx

its not so bad, as sin i'd like be considered over my merc guildmates for ops for example :rolleyes:. Just stop pretending all classes need to be uber effective in all. No game is close to be such perfect, besides, some of us who main sorc/sin/pt since ealy access, coudn't care less about crying pvp threads :p. After that yes mercs needs to be reworked, if this is on to do list, at least rework them properly so maybe my guild will stop to stuck up mercs for revan :rak_01:

The so called fotm classes are half the current characters iin game, so all is fotm according to some ppl ;)

I pity those progression teams and ranked players who can only achieve things with FOTMs. A team who can only kill Revan with 8 troopers/bhs or a player who can play only sorc heal in pvp is a noob for me. Real players learn their class and make it work under all possible circumstances.

FOTM is sorc, sin and pt. But actually it only was, sin got nerfed enough it's just strong, not FOTM anymore. So sorcs and pts are left. That's not half of the ACs.

I took my sniper into yolo. I exploded inside 3 GCDs with all my defensives, stim and medpack popped. I wonder why snipers are the least played PvP class and the lowest ranked PvP class...oh yeah, they're garbage in yolo and group doesn't pop unless you prearrange it.

They're prtty fun in regs though...so that's something?

Edited by Ubikface

I pity those progression teams and ranked players who can only achieve things with FOTMs. A team who can only kill Revan with 8 troopers/bhs or a player who can play only sorc heal in pvp is a noob for me. Real players learn their class and make it work under all possible circumstances.

FOTM is sorc, sin and pt. But actually it only was, sin got nerfed enough it's just strong, not FOTM anymore. So sorcs and pts are left. That's not half of the ACs.

xample, if i main a sorc and ofc i play him, im a noob because the circumstances brought my class to the fotm circle ? Its me or there is something wrong ? And to clarify, i play sorc sin and merc imp side, rep side i play sentinel slinger and vanguard ( its rare u see me on him, its boring enough). Plus, sorry but if u think rolling sorc = auto win, and tier 1 everytim, u are in the wrongest way ever. Im not a so called " pro player" aka pvp nerd, im a good player who knows how to do well with its classes, and i assure you beeing aa sorc against 4 sins and with 3 sins on a team, is a living nightmare, and on tofn it happens 2/5, ask tofn player if im lying

Edited by xX-Archangel-Xx

I don't know what u guys are talking about. Im devastating on merc in pvp. Ive had only one bad 4v4 experience. But other than that I out kill everyone. last match I played yesterday I was 32/1 kill death and even capped 2 pylons. Got 2 mvps on a solo pick up match. People just need to learn how to play their job. The 12x exp is creating a lot of noob players that don't know how to play correctly.

Madno 4 life....

I don't know what u guys are talking about. Im devastating on merc in pvp. Ive had only one bad 4v4 experience. But other than that I out kill everyone. last match I played yesterday I was 32/1 kill death and even capped 2 pylons. Got 2 mvps on a solo pick up match. People just need to learn how to play their job. The 12x exp is creating a lot of noob players that don't know how to play correctly.

Madno 4 life....

more or less what i meant

Merc is fine in regs. Don't even go there.

Some classes are ******** and can solo you or at least force you to run for your life but merc in the low-intensity, low-focus of regs are totally fine.

It only sucks when you're solo and there's some kind of premade on the other side but that sucks for any solo player vs a decent premade in regs because if they're any good and you're any good you'll get frustrated by them as they can enforce objectives better than you alone.

However if you get supported in regs its fine vs anything because that's what mercs lack, self-sustainability. If you can live through grief you're a decently resistant ranged class which is a good place to start if you want to derp on other people.

Deathmatch solo aka ranked arenas is the bottomless pit of misery because you go in knowing you don't have the tools to look after your damage or health or scare people off and are hugely reliant on 3 other people in solo queue to babysit you when you're vulnerable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.