The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Where in the hell is Mandalore?

Faardor

Unless im mistaken we dont really hear from Mandalore after ilum, (I do believe you get a mail or 2 but it its not the same D: )

I am curious if the devs are gonna adress him in KOTFE and if Mandalore still supports the imperial remnant or if he is basically saying "Its cool guys we're neutral now, mandalorian bounty hunters/mercenaries/assassins are free to do whatever"

I mean he doesn't control the strongest force in the galaxy (Zakuul empire, imperial remnant, republic remnant, hutt cartel, chiss ascendancy come to mind before the mandalorians) but his forces are battle hardened, experienced, well equipped, high tech and can perform a large array of tasks, ranging from being frontline breakthrough forces, behind the lines sabotage forces or even old fashioned shock and awe drop pod shock troopers. (just without the basilisk war droids D: )

Not to mention that the mandalorian fleet probably is still pretty sizeable, the vessels being bulky and slow I imagine but heavily armed, armored and shielded.

Edited by Faardor

We will be seeing Mandalorians for certain because Torian and Akaavi are Mandalorian and we have to gain "influence" or some kind of rep to rerecruit them from the Mandalorians... It was in a gold post somewhere... *goes to find it*

Okay, seven pages in, didn't find it yet, might have been a convention or something where it was said...

SWTOR needs a big eventful Mandalorian story in this game. Mandalorian Raiders and Bloodhunt are just little mandalorian side stories. All Bioware does is keep introducing Imperial/Republic Planets in this game. I was disappointed when Ziost was announced. Like we needed another Imperial relic planet.

There are so many Mandalorian themed planets and moons in the Mandalore sector and we can't get one? Mandalore, Concord Dawn, Concordia, Dxun, Kuar and the list goes on... Where are the Basilisk War Droid Mounts? Why should we rally behind Mandalore the Vindicated's cause when he lets his own Mandalorian people get bullied around and lets Darth Tormen force chokes our companions or instead of doing anything significant he rather sit on his butt all day in the Outer Rim drinking black ale, ne'tra gal getting drunk and throwing parties doing blacklist hand-outs.

The current Mandalore is a disgrace to all Mandalorians. He does nothing but play puppet for the Empire. Every day Mandalorians slowly leave his side and become Neo-Crusaders for many good reasons rightfully so. The Vindicated needs to be Challenged. We need a new Mandalore. That is all...

Edited by DuckKing

SWTOR needs a big eventful Mandalorian story in this game. Mandalorian Raiders and Bloodhunt are just little mandalorian side stories. All Bioware does is keep introducing Imperial/Republic Planets in this game. I was disappointed when Ziost was announced. Like we needed another Imperial relic planet.

There are so many Mandalorian themed planets and moons in the Mandalore sector and we can't get one? Mandalore, Concord Dawn, Concordia, Dxun, Kuar and the list goes on... Where are the Basilisk War Droid Mounts? Why should we rally behind Mandalore the Vindicated's cause when he lets his own Mandalorian people get bullied around and lets Darth Tormen force chokes our companions or instead of doing anything significant he rather sit on his butt all day in the Outer Rim drinking black ale, ne'tra gal getting drunk and throwing parties doing blacklist hand-outs.

The current Mandalore is a disgrace to all Mandalorians. He does nothing but play puppet for the Empire. Every day Mandalorians slowly leave his side and become Neo-Crusaders for many good reasons rightfully so. The Vindicated needs to be Challenged. We need a new Mandalore. That is all...

I disagree with your assessment of him needing to be removed (and that hes a puppet) but I do agree with everything else, a storyline planet or a daily area of any mandalorian related world would be pretty sweet.

We will be seeing Mandalorians for certain because Torian and Akaavi are Mandalorian and we have to gain "influence" or some kind of rep to rerecruit them from the Mandalorians... It was in a gold post somewhere... *goes to find it*

Okay, seven pages in, didn't find it yet, might have been a convention or something where it was said...

Wherever the exact comments were, they haven't said more than those vague bits and pieces about it yet. Just some quick mention somewhere alluding to a "reputation grind"-like system to earn the right to recruit certain companions. That probably would have been talked about in more detail at Gamescom if they had actually talked about the "Alliance System" there like they had mentioned somewhere that they planned to. But that didn't happen, so... maybe in the livestream this Wednesday...

I disagree with your assessment of him needing to be removed (and that hes a puppet) but I do agree with everything else, a storyline planet or a daily area of any mandalorian related world would be pretty sweet.

With the Republic and Empire in dire need of allies after the Zukkul empire swagger in, I hope this means that they both need to go and re-win the affections of the mandalorians. That would give us the chance for Mandalore to return.

With the Republic and Empire in dire need of allies after the Zukkul empire swagger in, I hope this means that they both need to go and re-win the affections of the mandalorians. That would give us the chance for Mandalore to return.

Yup, totally down for that (and somewhat mentioned in my first post) Mandalore could easily proclaim neutrality but allow the clans / mercs / assassins / bounty hunters to work for the highest bidder unless either side piques his interest with something (for example, territorial concessions would be very lucrative)

Edited by Faardor

Certainly not without Diego. No, not possible. Diego must be included. Petition now!

Well of course Diego will be there! That scoundrel is flying the ship and heals Dora when needed. Turns out Dora is Lanas apprentice :p

I'm just afraid of what will happen when Dora finds out about Diego and Theron Shan. Diego swears it was just that one time on Manaan, but I don't know about that. Maybe once they find Madalore the Missing, the wise warrior can help them heal.

Edited by ikinai

Wherever the exact comments were, they haven't said more than those vague bits and pieces about it yet. Just some quick mention somewhere alluding to a "reputation grind"-like system to earn the right to recruit certain companions. That probably would have been talked about in more detail at Gamescom if they had actually talked about the "Alliance System" there like they had mentioned somewhere that they planned to. But that didn't happen, so... maybe in the livestream this Wednesday...

Well, I didn't say we were going to see Mand'alor, I said Mandalorians, so it wasn't really much of an answer but it would make sense for a throwaway line to be said somewhere that would address Mand'alor.

• 4 months later...

If or when Mandalore becomes relevant again and the galaxy begins to fear Mandalorians again, this game needs a monthly PVP death match event to win the title of "Mandalore."

Once a month, anyone who is well-geared can participate in a death match to wear the title of "Mandalore" and lead the Mandalorians to prominence and victory. The death match number in the hundreds of combatants and whittle down the count until it just 1 on 1. The winner is Mandalore for an entire month.

If the current Mandalore wins the title, he/she can carry the tile for another month.

If he/she is defeated, the victor carries the title for a month.

If the current Mandalore cannot or can no longer play SWTOR for whatever personal or financial reasons, the title goes unchallenged, is taken away, and is put up for grabs at the next monthly death match event.

If the victor goes undefeated for "X" number of consecutive months, he/she will have the honor of fighting Mandalore the Vindicated who shows up alive and well for a story driven event to challenge the victor for the title.

Amen, vod.

If or when Mandalore becomes relevant again and the galaxy begins to fear Mandalorians again, this game needs a monthly PVP death match event to win the title of "Mandalore."

Once a month, anyone who is well-geared can participate in a death match to wear the title of "Mandalore" and lead the Mandalorians to prominence and victory. The death match number in the hundreds of combatants and whittle down the count until it just 1 on 1. The winner is Mandalore for an entire month.

If the current Mandalore wins the title, he/she can carry the tile for another month.

If he/she is defeated, the victor carries the title for a month.

If the current Mandalore cannot or can no longer play SWTOR for whatever personal or financial reasons, the title goes unchallenged, is taken away, and is put up for grabs at the next monthly death match event.

If the victor goes undefeated for "X" number of consecutive months, he/she will have the honor of fighting Mandalore the Vindicated who shows up alive and well for a story driven event to challenge the victor for the title.

Whether or not it is for the mandalore title, I would love to see a 4v4 pvp style tournament. Even if it was a all or nothing thing. Such as, if you die in the first match, you are out, and they match the rest of your team who survived with another survivor from a different team. Not sure what the rewards should be. But I can see great things in something like this. All day PVP! Unless you lose of course. And no wz boost for it, either.

look I know Karen "Mandalorian Sue" Traviss once claiemd Mandalorians where the third aspect of the galaxy (jedi and sith being the other two) but that's not the case. Mandalorians in SW are useally depicted in a "Story support role"

Keep in mind we're not even sure what the situation with the Jedi is right now eaither.

I'm sure we'll see the Mandalorians again. and maybe even Mandalore (for all we know Torrien will be the new Mandalore by time we meet em)