A plea from from a fellow player at Jedi Covenant

royhenderson

Hi everyone.

So I can't help but noticed how large and popular harbinger has gotten. I message you today with a plea. I certainly do not represent every opinion at Jedi Covenant nor do I pretend to.

I have heard stories that Harbinger's community is extremely active. While you guys get PUGs for Hard mode content from fleet. Yep, from fleet. We do PUGs for KP and EV. The gap in talent level is enormous compared to you guys.

I love JC but the level of talent has really diminished and everytime I get on someone's TS I hear "so and so quit the game or went to another server".

Many of you on harbinger are former JC players. Please come back and make this server competitive again.

:)

Edited by royhenderson

Hi everyone.

So I can't help but noticed how large and popular harbinger has gotten. I message you today with a plea. I certainly do not represent every opinion at Jedi Covenant nor do I pretend to.

I have heard stories that Harbinger's community is extremely active. While you guys get PUGs for Hard mode content from fleet. Yep, from fleet. We do PUGs for KP and EV. The gap in talent level is enormous compared to you guys.

I love JC but the level of talent has really diminished and everytime I get on someone's TS I hear "so and so quit the game or went to another server".

Many of you on harbinger are former JC players. Please come back and make this server competitive again.

About four months ago I went the opposite direction. I left Harbinger for JC. While your right, JC pugs are completely horrible. The environment on JC is a lot better. A lot less drama, my move was worth it. And seeing as I don't pug...

Hi everyone.

I recently moved from POT5 to Harbinger myself...so I know your pain. This move renewed the game for me. I have a much better suggestion...JOIN US! You'll never regret it. The PvP servers are what's dead, not the game.

Harbinger is pretty much the only server left alive. Might as well move over and get your names while the transfer is still 90cc and before they inevitably merge everything (we all know its going to happen, just a matter of when)

Hi everyone.

I was on the JC, i noticed the harbinger was the only heavy server population, i previewed once and i saw people pugging nims i thought it must be good to be there, so i transfered a few weeks ago....

But things are NOT that good.

1) The elitist server, you want to pug nims?, sure but first show "cheevo" you don't have it? sorry you can't join.

2) What about a full pug raid with people (all have the achievement) trying to defeat underlurker on sm? 3 locks on different toons in 1 week. Plenty of incompetent people.

3) Yeah full of instances, but half of them are full of kids who don't know how to raid properly.

4) Pug on pub side is DEAD even on the harbinger.

5) Planning to go back to the JC server next week, it might be empty (specially on pub side) but i prefer it.

and yeah i tried to join a guild named "chill" (they do HM's), before joining i was told i must commit to the guild, then, the first welcome words from a person there?: Com Whale... LOL bunch of ******* teens.

Do we have trolls on the JC? sure we do, the most important one JMD was banned permanently i've been told but the harbinger is the paradise, full of them.

But ALL of this is expected the game is moving to solo mode player....

Edited by psikofunkster

I was on the JC, i noticed the harbinger was the only heavy server population, i previewed once and i saw people pugging nims i thought it must be good to be there, so i transfered a few weeks ago....

But things are NOT that good.

1) The elitist server, you want to pug nims?, sure but first show "cheevo" you don't have it? sorry you can't join.

2) What about a full pug raid with people (all have the achievement) trying to defeat underlurker on sm? 3 locks on different toons in 1 week. Plenty of incompetent people.

3) Yeah full of instances, but half of them are full of kids who don't know how to raid properly.

5) Planning to go back to the JC server next week, it might be empty (specially on pub side) but i prefer it.

Is there something odd you're doing that might be causing you to have such difficulty? I don't mean that negatively, I've just had nearly the exact opposite experience here.

I've had amazing PuG groups on Harbinger. I've never once shown an achievement, even when asked. I've met plenty of very competent and friendly players...a hand full of a**hats, but overall, great people. PuG on Pub side is all I play too...I've got one 60 Imp, but I never play him...PuGs are going, literally, non-stop on Harbinger...AMAZING people willing to put together groups...God I love them!

Just last week we PuGd a Ravagers...we had 7 of us, all playing alts, so we ended up being a tank short...we joined the GF queue (never thinking we'd get one) but we did...quickly. Random guy, not in comms with us, but a great player. Beat the instance with ease.

I'm not doubting you've had issues, I'm just stating my own positive experiences.

Is there something odd you're doing that might be causing you to have such difficulty? I don't mean that negatively, I've just had nearly the exact opposite experience here.

I've had amazing PuG groups on Harbinger. I've never once shown an achievement, even when asked. I've met plenty of very competent and friendly players...a hand full of a**hats, but overall, great people. PuG on Pub side is all I play too...I've got one 60 Imp, but I never play him...PuGs are going, literally, non-stop on Harbinger...AMAZING people willing to put together groups...God I love them!

Just last week we PuGd a Ravagers...we had 7 of us, all playing alts, so we ended up being a tank short...we joined the GF queue (never thinking we'd get one) but we did...quickly. Random guy, not in comms with us, but a great player. Beat the instance with ease.

I'm not doubting you've had issues, I'm just stating my own positive experiences.

Perhaps not behaving like the others? he.

There are 2 kind of pugs there mate, for sm you won't get any issues (nobody is gonna ask you cheevo for ev sm or even nim) except for TOS that's the BIG exception cause its the one that provides the new gear.

Ravagers sm is not an issue anymore....

For more complicated pug ops as i mentioned before is the "cheevo" server. This is the only server that behaves like that, (link cheevo first).

Edited by psikofunkster

Perhaps not behaving like the others? he.

For more complicated pug ops as i mentioned before is the "cheevo" server. This is the only server that behaves like that, (link cheevo first).

I didn't mean that you were doing anything wrong behavior wise, I meant like are you starting them? Just joining them? Only using GF? What time of day? I just can't imagine that you're speaking of the same server I'm on...

I join PuGs I see forming in Fleet (NiM included), pretty much only evenings (7-11pm CST) or earlier on Saturdays (10am-noon), and I have been asked for my "cheevo", which is utterly stupid - so I don't even pretend I'll link it. I understand people don't know me from Adam, but my gear speaks for itself. If they inspect me and don't like what they see, I'll gladly drop.

Coming from POT5, I've been blown away by Harbinger. Not just the dense population, but the quality of people...PvP can be a bit rough Pub side, but in PvE, these guys have almost all been rock-stars!

Edited by TUXs

I

1: Well, sure PUG DF/DP NiM is still hard, do you want to wipe for hours because some guy is just now learning the fights? Most of the time people are trying to get wings or other mounts out of DF/DP and really the hardest part is Bestia for DF. The other 4 aren't hard at all as long as you don't Stand in Dumb (like fire)

2: Underlurker is the Draxus of ToS. There's plenty of ways that even if damage isn't killing folks, not standing in the Cross will kill folks or worse, running into the Enrage when everyone is bolstered.

3: I think you run into this on every server, after all, wasn't the OP talking about bad pug groups for EV on JC?

4: I haven't played much on the PUB side of Harb, but I've heard bad about that side for PuGs before. But dunno, figure there's both, good and bad.

5: Gotta do what makes you happy, but if it's dead, won't it be harder to get those 3 locks out at UL at all each week?

Edited by Lekkarion

1) i have 0 interest on doing nims, i was just stating what i saw, it is not that people are so good that they are even pugging nims on the harbinger, theres more behind curtains... Even with the cheevo things doesnt get done many times which defeats the purpose.

2) and more chances to get lock on the harbinger because of the higher number of players trying to do it.

3) im not saying the jc is better but the harbinger is not that great you know.

4) well the problem for me is that i lost my toon names with the transfer, i want them back too.

IMPO IMP pug side on the jc is less bad...and less elitist of course. Regarding pub side both servers are pretty much the same, imo dead regarding pug ops.

Edited by psikofunkster

1: Well, sure PUG DF/DP NiM is still hard, do you want to wipe for hours because some guy is just now learning the fights? Most of the time people are trying to get wings or other mounts out of DF/DP and really the hardest part is Bestia for DF. The other 4 aren't hard at all as long as you don't Stand in Dumb (like fire)

2: Underlurker is the Draxus of ToS. There's plenty of ways that even if damage isn't killing folks, not standing in the Cross will kill folks or worse, running into the Enrage when everyone is bolstered.

3: I think you run into this on every server, after all, wasn't the OP talking about bad pug groups for EV on JC?

4: I haven't played much on the PUB side of Harb, but I've heard bad about that side for PuGs before. But dunno, figure there's both, good and bad.

So don't expect to get carried through NiM or current HM prog without chieves as no one wants to waste their time on it. So get a guild, solve your problems.

5: Gotta do what makes you happy, but if it's dead, won't it be harder to get those 3 locks out at UL at all each week?

Seconded.

I don't see the need for chieves for EV, KP, EC, but I would definitely ask for them if I was going to pug SnV, TFB, DF, or DP NiM since those ops you can't faceroll like the 50 ones. That being said, they are honestly not that hard as long as you have had experience (which is why people join guilds, don't expect pugs to teach you). Why spend hours trying to teach something to someone if your plan was to complete it (not teach people) without wipes since we all know that 99% of people can't just go into a NiM run of DP as they probably have no idea about the mechanics. It's not elitist, it's just people want to get their things done in an orderly fashion and not spend more time than they want.

Pugs are not for learning progression type raiding, as such you won't find a ToS HM group that won't ask for UL HM, or for a Rav run Bulo or Torque HM if not farther since people don't want to take people who have no experience.

Solution: Join a guild, see if they are willing to help you learn the fights, do some research on your own and do the HM version if possible before NiM, then get it done. You joined Chill, not trying to push people away or make the guild seem bad, but those guys want people who have experience for teams, or dedicate your life to conquests. If you don't meet either, well, you are not in the guild for long.

Honestly not that hard. People don't just go from SM to NiM, or in this case SM to HM without experience. This goes for both sides. I mainly raid Pub, but when I go Imp side, I see the same types of groups forming, if not on the same boss such as UL.

I will end it with that people have pugged NiM SnV, and DF without chieves before, and everytime it happens, they either wipe on Draxus, or Thrasher. If they do happen to pass, they get to Brontes or Styrak at the most after spending 6 hours on it (this happened last time SnV NiM was pugged, so much was wrong with it I could write a thread about it). I do not know a single pug over here that has killed either since, and probably won't for awhile with inexperienced people.

EDIT: Reply to that guy not wanting to run NiM.

Do you have anything better to do than complain about things you know could possibly happen when you transferred to the Harb?

1. You are not getting your toon names back unless for whatever reason the person who has those names deletes their characters with them. That's something that won't change as it's unfair for someone to change THEIR name just because you decided to transfer after the fact.

2. Elitism is all over, but asking for achievements is not it. People don't want to carry your butt through stuff, they want to get it done, not teach. I'm all for chieves, and SM ToS I think still deserves that, not 55 and below ops until KOTFE.

So go transfer back for all I care, but it sounds like you just came here to rant about our server to bring people back to yours.

Edited by Eggseggseggs

Personally i will love a mature guild who does casual hms not a hardcore one, and yes i agree that's one good solution problem is to find it.

I'm definitely going back to the JC that's for sure.

Wait a minute im not the OP, in fact I'm just one another person replying him. Lol are you a harbinger fan boy? Ha ha don't worry nobody is gonna take you away any of your bad players you can keep them all lol

Edited by psikofunkster

JC is fine, get pops all time, pugs are same everywhere a crapshoot, If you want to go to Harb it's a fine server too. Either transfer or roll a new toon there there. Just Stop this ****posting OP. Every thread you make is essentially a ****post. Edited by FerkWork

I've seen the same thing happen on SL and JC. News flash, this isn't unique to one server and people want competent players when doing the hardest tier of an op. Don't like it? Make your own ops group.

Personally i will love a mature guild who does casual hms not a hardcore one, and yes i agree that's one good solution problem is to find it.

I'm definitely going back to the JC that's for sure.

Wait a minute im not the OP, in fact I'm just one another person replying him. Lol are you a harbinger fan boy? Ha ha don't worry nobody is gonna take you away any of your bad players you can keep them all lol

My apologies for mistaking you for him, but my post was directed at you. Every server has their fair share of bad players, but as long as I'm clearing everything I want and keeping up with progression, I could honestly not care about your remark since I happen to raid with the best who happen to be in my guilds.

I have been on the Harb since day one, and I have been on multiple other servers with alts, and I hate to break it to you, but the Harbinger and Shadowlands is where everything is at nowadays. So please, since you are leaving just leave us at peace and stop commenting at it's a waste of forum space.

Your truly, the people of the Harbinger who love achievements for pugs.

Edited by Eggseggseggs

It's funny cause OP either quit game/deleted toons or transferred elsewhere.

TLDR: Harb, SH, JC, are all vibrant PvE servers. Play where you like and fit in the most. Which is where you find like minded people to play with. It's like life. Looking for a El Dorado "the it" server is setting one self up for unhappiness and dissapointment. You play for the friends regardless of server (unless it's dead like Pot5). OP post is nothing but troll bait. These posts always amuse me. Just have fun :)

Edited by FerkWork

It's funny cause OP either quit game/deleted toons or transferred elsewhere.

He hasn't quit or deleted unless it's been within like the last two days or less. He just created a thread in General like yesterday or day before. But he is a troll threader. *smh*

EDIT: I was told just sunday not to transfer to JC ever because it's a drama filled server. The guild that was on Pot5 that transfered to JC left because of all the drama there. Too many elitists have transferred over there.

Edited by CaptRogue

He hasn't quit or deleted unless it's been within like the last two days or less. He just created a thread in General like yesterday or day before. But he is a troll threader. *smh*

EDIT: I was told just sunday not to transfer to JC ever because it's a drama filled server. The guild that was on Pot5 that transfered to JC left because of all the drama there. Too many elitists have transferred over there.

It's ironic because OP deleted all his toons and left the game yesterday night.

That's from a person in the same guild on JC.

JC Drama? I lol'd there's hardly any drama besides the usual any server has. Hardly any elitism unless that guild brought drama with them.

Edited by FerkWork

I've seen the same thing happen on SL and JC. News flash, this isn't unique to one server and people want competent players when doing the hardest tier of an op. Don't like it? Make your own ops group.

Sorry but nobody ask for the stupid "link cheevo" at the Jedi Covenant that only happens on harbinger.

The best proof of that is that i didn't know how to link it, I've been playing this game since 2012 and 3 weeks ago when i moved here i had to learn how to do that.

They may ask you if you know the fights though on JC.

Edited by psikofunkster

My apologies for mistaking you for him, but my post was directed at you. Every server has their fair share of bad players, but as long as I'm clearing everything I want and keeping up with progression, I could honestly not care about your remark since I happen to raid with the best who happen to be in my guilds.

I have been on the Harb since day one, and I have been on multiple other servers with alts, and I hate to break it to you, but the Harbinger and Shadowlands is where everything is at nowadays. So please, since you are leaving just leave us at peace and stop commenting at it's a waste of forum space.

Your truly, the people of the Harbinger who love achievements for pugs.

You cant stop me from expressing my thoughts, do you think you own the forums? nop right so...

BTW apology not accepted.:p

LOL i love you antagonists, you always make my day, keep the good work plz.

Edited by psikofunkster

Sorry but nobody ask for the stupid "link cheevo" at the Jedi Covenant that only happens on harbinger.

The best proof of that is that i didn't know how to link it, I've been playing this game since 2012 and 3 weeks ago when i moved here i had to learn how to do that.

They may ask you if you know the fights though on JC.

Believe what you want. I saw it all the time on JC for pug NiM groups.

Believe what you want. I saw it all the time on JC for pug NiM groups.

I don't need to believe something that is true and i know is a fact, the better proof of what you are saying is a lie is that on the JC nims are never pug lol, that's one of the reasons i moved to the Harbiner because i saw people pugins nims on general chat.

Also i can't joint the plea of the OP simply because the JC is on decline, i would never suggest somebody to move there.

When Harbinger is normal population JC is light, and when JC is normal Harbinger is heavy.

Heavy because of bad players and kids of course nowadays but still heavy... Although pug pub side has better health on the JC than the harbinger.

Just last night i got a lock at master on ravagers sm pug.....people are really bad here (and i'm talking about the puggers pretty much)....but that's just my personal impression.

Edited by psikofunkster