The community makes me turn off my chat that isn't Gchat.

Killance

The insults on anything is insane, like it's controlled by a bunch of whiney teenagers.

It's bad in PvE and even worse in PvP. Do ANY OF THEM get any sort of ban with reports? I feel as if they do nothing.:mad:

And yes, i'm ranting.

Edited by Killance

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's ranting...I think you have a helluva good point. It's sad when a few people hell bent on upsetting others, get away with it, seemingly free from any consequence. You've got a very valid issue.

My best suggestion to you...IGNORE them. You have the ability to silence them forever on your toon...use that power!!!

I don't think it's ranting...I think you have a helluva good point. It's sad when a few people hell bent on upsetting others, get away with it, seemingly free from any consequence. You've got a very valid issue.

My best suggestion to you...IGNORE them. You have the ability to silence them forever on your toon...use that power!!!

Unless your /ignore list is full. Then you're kinda stuck.

Unless your /ignore list is full. Then you're kinda stuck.

Just by chance, I found an easy solution for that a couple months ago...transfer servers and it's all cleared. For 90cc, I'd do that vs. deleting them all :p

It's an MMO OP. If chat wasn't full of potato-speak I'd wonder if I'd logged into the wrong game.

I've played plenty of MMO's, but they usually BAN people for this kind of attitude.

Rift does, WoW does, hell in FF14 you can't say so much as "your dps sucks".

It's not the genre that's the problem, it's actually EA/BW for not banning these people.

Edited by Killance

I've played plenty of MMO's, but they usually BAN people for this kind og attitude.

It's not the genre that's the problem, it's actually EA/BW for not banning these people.

Fair point yeah. I haven't seen or heard of GMs since not too long after launch.

I've played plenty of MMO's, but they usually BAN people for this kind of attitude.

I've played WoW for nearly a decade and I can honestly say the chat is just as bad if not worse than this games.

I've played WoW for nearly a decade and I can honestly say the chat is just as bad if not worse than this games.

2005 player here, quit earlier this year because i'm tired of their ******** decisions. It gets bad, aye. But every trash talker that whispers me get quick little bans then they leave me alone.

That doesn't happen in SWTOR. They don't leave me alone.

This mean GM was in game???? And he really played game?? Wow.

I'm talking about game master type GMs, not general manager if that's what you mean. The kind that (depending on game) monitor chat, trigger mini-events or weird **** out of the blue, answer questions, watch for cheats, etc. In this game I just remember some being static droids that'd interact in chat, not sure if they ever did anything more active.

Edited by Joesixxpack

2005 player here, quit earlier this year because i'm tired of their ******** decisions. It gets bad, aye. But every trash talker that whispers me get quick little bans then they leave me alone.

That doesn't happen in SWTOR. They don't leave me alone.

Yeah, it's definitely not the game it once was. I'm not currently playing either, lost interest in it.

I just turn all public chat off as soon as I make a character, general chat is filled with so many Vermin, it really doesn't look to good to new players who have never played an MMO before and read the crap and vulgarity in general chat for the first time... It also doesn't help when said new person asks a question and gets /facerolled by trolls, And sad part is people seem to think they have a right to talk like that because it's "General Chat" but all the times I log into it about ten seconds later I want to gouge out my eyes with my thumbs... :mad:

Agreed. There are no consequences. Ever.

And thus why this games community turns a lot of players away. As if the restrictions weren't enough from EA, I know a few personal friends who didn't give this game a 2nd glance past 8 due to the restrictions and the community.

And thus why this games community turns a lot of players away. As if the restrictions weren't enough from EA, I know a few personal friends who didn't give this game a 2nd glance past 8 due to the restrictions and the community.

Heh, well here would be a resolution, make Bad Word Filter Default And unable to switch off... After a while people would actually have to use there brains to talk so they wouldn't have to see ********* and ******* all the time! :p

Oh and put every combination of vulgarity and slang in the filter. I have never turned off Bad Word Filter since ever.. Cause that's how I roll...Lol!

Heh, well here would be a resolution, make Bad Word Filter Default And unable to switch off... After a while people would actually have to use there brains to talk so they wouldn't have to see ********* and ******* all the time! :p

Oh and put every combination of vulgarity and slang in the filter. I have never turned off Bad Word Filter since ever.. Cause that's how I roll...Lol!

If it would work, that would be great...but they don't even enforce the rules on naming any more, and that can be as vulgar, or worse, than General chat at times.