So I finally seen a multiboxer today...

Psychopyro

On TOFN multibox guy with 5 characters. All easy you go to Oricon,grab dailys and then doing it 10-15k per 1 mission with weekly around 70k so x5 it is around 350.000 per 15 minuts very easy same on every planets with daily makeb oricon cz and rishi with yavin Edited by Wheerlpool

Basically it was a Marauder, A concealment OP, and a healing merc. So basically the the merc and the operative were running on what appeared to be a script, while the Marauder was player controlled most of the time, with the merc taking main healing and the operative was off healing and doing DPS depending on which one of the 3 got hit and/or CCd.

It definitely was running a slight lag, so I'm guessing it was using a program to read the parser feedback and respond. For instance if the merc was stunned/interrupted, the op would switch to healing, then back to DPS once the merc was healed up. If the merc died, the OP switched to off healing the marauder until the merc got back. If the marauder died, then the player would switch to whichever one was being focused at the time.

Now I know this used to be done in SWG (the game actually had in game tools to this), so it's not beyond the realm of possibility to write a program to run outside the game to do basically the same thing.

But my question still stands, why bother? It's easy to shut down once you see it with 2 people.

Ok, I'm sorry: what's multiboxing?

Playing multiple accounts at the same time on one or multiple machines. Usually they use a 3rd party program to control 2 or 3 bots with scripts based on feedback from the combat log.

Though some people just run the others on follow and don't have them do anything. This one was a bit more elaborate, which the group of us were almost assured were bots as the behavior was perfectly predictable based on what we did to them at any given time.

Honestly someone else had said they saw people doing this, but I never had. I thought they were mythical, till I actually saw one.

Edited by Psychopyro

Gathering we talking about some that is multi client, either via multiple machines or other means?? as multiboxer makes no sense less there a program called that hahah.

either way does it mater? most time you get a team of idiots anyway, quicker the lose / win faster coms can be made

Edited by Kyuuu

Gathering we talking about some that is multi client, either via multiple machines or other means?? as multiboxer makes no sense less there a program called that hahah.

Yes, and actually multiboxer make perfect sense...

See back in the days of EQ and hell even before then, most computers could not run 2 clients. So people used 2 computers. Computers = Boxes. Back then, most people only ran 2 clients (due to latency limitations and cost), so it was called Dual Boxing.

As computing power increased and cost decreased (among other things), people started to run more clients, since most computers could handle more then one.

And yes there is software that exists that will help you automate the process of multiboxing.

Kinda hard to believe anyone would be naïve enough to think they can box this game. Pretty quick paced pvp. I used to 3-4 box in eq as someone stated above and was basically easy sauce even with 1 comp. My warrior (tank) was ranked like 1-3 server and top 25 serverwide while my cleric (healer) was top 10ish. To anyone who thinks this is remotely possible here is a friggin idiot. There it was camp, pull, kill. Even raid bosses was fairly simple during the early days with emotes and such. Once RoF hit if became much harder given the movement required. The same movement required here but a lot more here.