Datacrons Are For Legacies

EricMusco

I don't like this idea at all.

datacrons were one of the more relaxing side stuff to do while questing around on planets. This caving to whiners is not a good idea. Soon it will be "i want a full 204 gear because I already have it once".

I hope it will at least be tied to a high legacy level and will require having the Datacron Master achievement.

Note: Somebody mentioned getting all companions on 10/10 in similar fashion, that would be much more helpful, assuming it is on the same class. I hate spending crapload of money on gift missions.

is there something here stopping you from getting these datacrons? are they removing them from the game? why would someone else paying for a legacy unlock hurt you in ANY way? or is it that you like to try and micromanage other peoples lives? if it is relaxing, do it. absolutely no one is stopping you.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is just the worst kind of response. Casual community is casual.

low level content was trivial already, as it should be. level to level 10, get adaptive gear, make/buy blue mods and armoring. keep it mostly current and yes, the content is trivial. thats the way it is supposed to be. If you want PITA content go play wildstar, at least until they shut it down because no one wants to get that annoyed.

I have been one of the vocal people in many threads on this issue and cannot express how happy this makes me. This would be a very positive thing for most players. All I ask is that the Legacy Unlock is retroactive based on achievements (so we don't have to get them all over again on one toon to unlock the ability) and that you have to wait until vl 50 - 60 to unlock them on a toon. A Legacy 50 requirement would also be nice. For example: I would gladly pay 200cc on each toon to unlock them at lvl 60.

We can't have lvl 1 toons unlocking it and then jumping into PVP at lvl 10 with a clear advantage from the stat and endurance boost though. That is why I suggest at least a lvl 50 requirement, 60 is even better.

any level 10 can get a +41 crystal and jump into pvp. why is that not an issue but this is?

is there something here stopping you from getting these datacrons? are they removing them from the game? why would someone else paying for a legacy unlock hurt you in ANY way? or is it that you like to try and micromanage other peoples lives? if it is relaxing, do it. absolutely no one is stopping you.

It is the part about BW caving in to people whining, or directly lying, about something being hard that I have the main problem with.

Getting datacrons is not hard. At best, some are annoying (Grophets on Rishi). But majority of them do not require any complex jumping, like people tend to claim, most being just walking up to them without being a blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient

Some people will look for a silver lining in things, while others will try to find something negative no matter what. I stopped trying to argue with those that look for the negative in things. For me I rather look for the positive and my guild is happy about this.

Announcements like this separate those that actually enjoy the game and want more features, from those that hate the game and insist on trolling it in the forums rather then find something they actually enjoy playing. That is a good thing in my opinion.

Personally, I continue to engage the negative commentaries ... not to try to change their minds, but to provide a contrast to all the negativity for other readers. If we simply let the negative rants go unchallenged, then newer players who come to the forum and don't know the difference will only get one viewpoint (the negative one).

It is the part about BW caving in to people whining, or directly lying, about something being hard that I have the main problem with.

Meh... this request does not fall into the category of whining IMO. It is a popularly requested quality of life improvement.

As for "directly lying" about it being hard..... note two things 1) he said they intend to, he did not promise that they would 2) many hard to fix things in MMOs, this MMO included, linger for some time and eventually get fixed or overcome due to player interest and requests.

Really.. this harms nobody who likes the game play of hunting and collecting datacrons. Your complaint comes across as whining that something you like to and continue to work for on each character can "shortcut" in the future and be unlocked across a legacy. I personally don't get it.. they are not taking anything away from you, they are simply providing a quality of life improvement (which is exactly what all Legacy unlocks are to be honesty). Would you also like all the quality of life improvements in this game since launch removed as well?

Besides.... wait until they do release it and people see they have to pay lots of credits or cartel coins for each character to unlock it on that character. ;) You will feel vindicated and will rise above the roar of butt-hurt in the forums about it. :p

Edited by Andryah

Funny how the hint that it's happening comes right after leaks of information about KOTFE that have a lot of skepticism and criticism stirred up.

That isn't how software development or project management works. To even make that post, they likely have been looking at it for quite some time now, way before anything was leaked. If anything, over the course of this game we see that their dev team is mostly conservative about making any commitments, so they made that comment with a high amount of confidence. Not 100%, but still high. Marketing doesn't get to decide design decisions that they have no clue could be implemented, just because of some posts on the internet.

That isn't how software development or project management works. To even make that post, they likely have been looking at it for quite some time now, way before anything was leaked. If anything, over the course of this game we see that their dev team is mostly conservative about making any commitments, so they made that comment with a high amount of confidence. Not 100%, but still high. Marketing doesn't get to decide design decisions that they have no clue could be implemented, just because of some posts on the internet.

/Agree.

While it is possible they are knee-jerking here, it is very unlikely. Why? Because there are so many ways they could take attention off of datamining discussions if they chose to. There is no reason for them to wave this in front of us if they are not already well along in figuring out how to do it.

Meh... this request does not fall into the category of whining IMO. It is a popularly requested quality of life improvement.

As for "directly lying" about it being hard..... note two things 1) he said they intend to, he did not promise that they would 2) many hard to fix things in MMOs, this MMO included, linger for some time and eventually get fixed or overcome due to player interest and requests.

Really.. this harms nobody who likes the game play of hunting and collecting datacrons. Your complaint comes across as whining that something you like to and continue to work for on each character can "shortcut" in the future and be unlocked across a legacy. I personally don't get it.. they are not taking anything away from you, they are simply providing a quality of life improvement (which is exactly what all Legacy unlocks are to be honesty). Would you also like all the quality of life improvements in this game since launch removed as well?

Besides.... wait until they do release it and people see they have to pay lots of credits or cartel coins for each character to unlock it on that character. ;) You will feel vindicated and will rise above the roar of butt-hurt in the forums about it. :p

I meant people (players) lying about it being hard (to collect datacrons), not BW saying something about making it possible.

And if the datacrons suddenly become legacy bound (without anything, as the yellow post suggests), I will not be able to go and collect them. Sure, I will be able to walk up to them, but that is sort of pointless as I will not be able to interact with them, isn't it?

I meant people (players) lying about it being hard (to collect datacrons), not BW saying something about making it possible.

Fair enough. :)

And if the datacrons suddenly become legacy bound (without anything, as the yellow post suggests), I will not be able to go and collect them. Sure, I will be able to walk up to them, but that is sort of pointless as I will not be able to interact with them, isn't it?

I have given this some thought and personally, I think it will enter the game this way:

Just like HK... you MUST do the work to unlock the item on one character. On subsequent characters you can either do the work to unlock them the old fashioned way, Or you can pay a pile of credits or CCs to unlock it on a new character. And personally, I see no issue with this.... but I can imagine that if I am correct.. there will be much butt-hurt based threads and discussion in the forum if/when it goes live.

Edited by Andryah

they might not be hard for you, but not everyone is supermario superstar. Coruscant pipe jumping made me rage quit, TWICE. don't even get me started on Corelia and Makeb - the ONLY reason I had those done is becasue I was doing them with a bunch of friends, so between friendly pulls and friendly teamspeak encouragement, I managed to push through the frustration. honestly, if they didn't add the deco, I probably never would have come back to finish off the achievement.

so no, people are NOT lying about datacrons being hard, becasue they ARE hard. for them. not just annoying "I have to wait for super slow moving platform/balooon?" but genuinely hard to make jumps.

as for making them unlockable.. I would rather they are unlockable ala rocket boosts for the entire legacy with one time purchase, rather then as character perks, but whichever way they might be unlockable... I would rather pay a pile of credits/cc on a ops toon to unlock the stats, than do that crap again.

Edited by Jeweledleah

they might not be hard for you, but not everyone is supermario superstar. Coruscant pipe jumping made me rage quit, TWICE. don't even get me started on Corelia and Makeb - the ONLY reason I had those done is becasue I was doing them with a bunch of friends, so between friendly pulls and friendly teamspeak encouragement, I managed to push through the frustration. honestly, if they didn't add the deco, I probably never would have come back to finish off the achievement.

so no, people are NOT lying about datacrons being hard, becasue they ARE hard. for them. not just annoying "I have to wait for super slow moving platform/balooon?" but genuinely hard to make jumps.

This is me. I will probably never achieve Datacron Master. That said, legacy datacrons won't affect me unless the devs begin balancing regular, non-end game content around the assumption that all characters will have those stat bonuses.

That's when I'll have a problem with it.

Funny how every dev post degrades into a bunch of armchair dev/ marketing/ bioware insider rabble...

As someone that still uses their main to take people i don't even know to datacrons on planets i got years ago, my 2 cents on this issue- who cares?

Seems like the kind of thing that wont effect anyone's game play negatively, there will still be first timers hunting datacrons and there will be old timers that wont have to if they don't want to, so whatevs.

This is me. I will probably never achieve Datacron Master. That said, legacy datacrons won't affect me unless the devs begin balancing regular, non-end game content around the assumption that all characters will have those stat bonuses.

That's when I'll have a problem with it.

This is me as well. Fortunately for me I have a boyfriend, who when we do these, is very patient with me no matter how many times I have to start over. He is very encouraging and will help me until I get it. I am a horrible jumper but am getting better thanks to his help.

This is me as well. Fortunately for me I have a boyfriend, who when we do these, is very patient with me no matter how many times I have to start over. He is very encouraging and will help me until I get it. I am a horrible jumper but am getting better thanks to his help.

Nothing beats a personal support system from someone who you trust and who cares about you. True in real life, true inside MMOs. :)

Funny how every dev post degrades into a bunch of armchair dev/ marketing/ bioware insider rabble...

As someone that still uses their main to take people i don't even know to datacrons on planets i got years ago, my 2 cents on this issue- who cares?

Seems like the kind of thing that wont effect anyone's game play negatively, there will still be first timers hunting datacrons and there will be old timers that wont have to if they don't want to, so whatevs.

Quoted for truth. :)

I hate jumping to get these datacrons, but I did have a chance to socialize with guildies and friends doing them. Makes it a lot easier if Mr. Sorc that has a pull can hop over every pipe non-stop while I fall off the first jump. LOL

The unlock should be tied to the achievement. Period.

The WHOLE reason they had to look into this is mainstat change coming down the pipe. IE: People would have to take EVERY character out and hunt every every class specific datacron (Even those not currently mainstat of say Cunning or Willpower, etc.).

Unlock via CC? NO WAY... please don't do this as people would totally scream pay2win.

Frankly it doen't matter if your new level 1 has all the datacrons. I mean if you have chased all them down on both sides then you should get that reward. Not like you can't legacy over a complete set of purple gear now to new characters when they hit level 10 and they one shot most lowbie bosses and mobs with two +41 crystals as well and augments.

Hey folks!

I wanted to pass on a little tidbit that I heard this morning. We are very actively looking to put Legacy-wide Datacrons into Knights of the Fallen Empire! We know this has been widely requested for many years and so the Design team is working as we speak to get it in.

As always, this is not a guarantee that it will make it in, but the team is hard at work to make it happen :rak_03:.

-eric

I literally just came.........to the forums to celebrate

-9. Please go hide. One time REGARDLESS of faction is more than enough

Since many are in different places for the other faction this actually makes perfect sense, hopefully the Datacron Master achievement is what they are looking at to activate the- whatever it is they are planning.

Also, you could really use lessons on the edit function here on the forums.

Edited by Monumenta

I remember that the last time this was talked about, they said that in the game's current design they couldn't include this. However, here's hoping they've found a way.

They'll definitely be testing this one for a while though, as I'm sure they don't want to give away accidental stats (similar to having the ship parts in your ship placed for extra damage or crit, or w/e that bug was).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.