Datacrons Are For Legacies

EricMusco

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If implemented, might also apply only to new datacrons.

(this is a possibility that occurred to me, but no one else has stated it, so...)

Very true.

As I said, it seems that many read Eric's post and have interpreted it as a promise that legacy datacrons WILL be implemented with the xpac, that those legacy datarons WILL include the stat bonuses and that those legacy datacrons WILL be retroactively applied. None of that was explicitly stated or even implied, but many will be here crying about LIES and BROKEN PROMISES if legacy datacrons are not implemented or they are not implemented in that manner.

Hey folks!

I wanted to pass on a little tidbit that I heard this morning. We are very actively looking to put Legacy-wide Datacrons into Knights of the Fallen Empire! We know this has been widely requested for many years and so the Design team is working as we speak to get it in.

As always, this is not a guarantee that it will make it in, but the team is hard at work to make it happen :rak_03:.

-eric

omg YAASSSS!!!

I know this will be asking too much, but is it possible at some point if there would be a way to track which datacron's we have & don't have after this? I can't even remember which ones I do and don't have across all my characters anymore as I've taken big breaks from the game on and off since launch, so I'm sure there has to be other players in that position as well lol.

Edited by Jesira

omg YAASSSS!!!

I know this will be asking too much, but is it possible at some point if there would be a way to track which datacron's we have & don't have after this? I can't even remember which ones I do and don't have across all my characters anymore as I've taken big breaks from the game on and off since launch, so I'm sure there has to be other players in that position as well lol.

You already roughly have that: in the planet information there is a spot for "number of discovered" out of "number of possible to discover datacrons" for a planet.

My guess is that they're only considering this because they plan to remove the obsolete stat bonuses from them and thus turning them into little more than a codex entry and achievement.

Since there would no longer be stats involved, there's really no reason not to make them Legacy-wide same as any other 'checklist style' achievement.

Edited by Rankyn

Ah well, I knew this day would come eventually.

I'm interested to know the details of what actually is going to happen since the OP isn't specific. It could just be Codex entries. No point getting excited or stressed until there's more info.

My guess is that they're only considering this because they plan to remove the obsolete stat bonuses from them and thus turning them into little more than a codex entry and achievement.

Since there would no longer be stats involved, there's really no reason to to make them Legacy-wide same as any other 'checklist style' achievement.

I'm not sure even BW is that stupid. The community outrage would be real.

Since there would no longer be stats involved, there's really no reason to to make them Legacy-wide same as any other 'checklist style' achievement.

Well that doesn't sound cool at all! :(

Hey folks!

I wanted to pass on a little tidbit that I heard this morning. We are very actively looking to put Legacy-wide Datacrons into Knights of the Fallen Empire! We know this has been widely requested for many years and so the Design team is working as we speak to get it in.

As always, this is not a guarantee that it will make it in, but the team is hard at work to make it happen :rak_03:.

-eric

Such good news.

Whatever you're on, can I have some please?

How does one pass on enjoyment?

But seriously, most Datacrons, assuming you know where they are, are primitive to get and if you have some basics on how to jump in the game, when to turn off sprint, when yo use short jumps, when to use running jumps, etc.

I have been clooecting crons all over again on my most recent character, and I got most of them on first or second try.

Hey folks!

-eric

While you're at it can we have Legacy-wide level 65 as well?

I mean once I've gotten to level 65 once why should I need to do it again and again and again?

Gear drops too? I mean once I've done a FP or OP and got a piece of gear may as well give it too all my characters right? Same thing far as I can tell....

Hey folks!

-eric

This right here i can get behind

Ok, not complaining but would have liked them just a little easier to get without all the jumping. As it stands now I am sure many will like this but wont affect me as I really bad at the jumping so still wont bother with them. It is nice though that you have looked at players wants for this and acted on it.

Hey folks!

-eric

I have been one of the vocal people in many threads on this issue and cannot express how happy this makes me. This would be a very positive thing for most players. All I ask is that the Legacy Unlock is retroactive based on achievements (so we don't have to get them all over again on one toon to unlock the ability) and that you have to wait until vl 50 - 60 to unlock them on a toon. A Legacy 50 requirement would also be nice. For example: I would gladly pay 200cc on each toon to unlock them at lvl 60.

We can't have lvl 1 toons unlocking it and then jumping into PVP at lvl 10 with a clear advantage from the stat and endurance boost though. That is why I suggest at least a lvl 50 requirement, 60 is even better.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Hey folks!

-eric

I think I need a Kleenex.

But I'd rather have more datacrons than legacy-wide ones. The jumping puzzles are always so fun!