Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Ignored!

Stultophobe

Also, no one cares if other people announcing an addition to their ignore list bothers you.

/infinite regression.

I'm mostly just curious as to this odd compulsion people have to detail their Ignore habits in General chat. What are they expecting, exactly?

I'm mostly just curious as to this odd compulsion people have to detail their Ignore habits in General chat. What are they expecting, exactly?

because it's an attempt tp apply peer pressure to curb behavior. "I'm ignoring this guy (and you guys should all too)"

Nothing more annoying than seeing someone go on about putting someone on ignore for 5+ minutes.

there's one thing. person who was ignored going on and on about being ignored (is there some sort of notification to the person being ignored? how do they even know if you say nothing, unless they try to whisper you?). becasue they always involve the rest of the chat so you may as well not have ignored them at all, and the only way to fully get rid of them is to leave the chat all together :/

there's one thing. person who was ignored going on and on about being ignored (is there some sort of notification to the person being ignored? how do they even know if you say nothing, unless they try to whisper you?). becasue they always involve the rest of the chat so you may as well not have ignored them at all, and the only way to fully get rid of them is to leave the chat all together :/

Pretty sure OP is ranting about ignore feature on the forums here.

"Ignored!

Ha! That ought to learn 'im. SEETHE in your helplessness as i proceed to not read what you say. Flail about in your inability to play the game because i don't see what you type."

Hm.... i dunno. Doesn't seem very potent to me, even if i tried to make it sound so.... devastating.

Maybe we're supposed to explode when they tell us we've been ignored? I haven't noticed any difference on my credit card statements, either, so it's not hitting me there. My friends don't give a hoot, so.... :jawa_confused:

I really don't know what it's supposed to do when someone declares another to be ignored. It's not like it's an ignominious fate.

i see the ignore feature as a cheat to avoid confronting what you should be confronting, if you make a pile of crap out of something, thats your mess, by placing on the ignore, you expect otherwise to scoop that up? yeah, waiting for hell to freeze over first is likely to happen!

so i dont see the point in it honestly. even looking spammers and scammers, thats okay for them, they have other toons and accounts, they can just delete and spam again, so there is fairly little point in it with something like that and it can be too easily exploited by some people who are just looking to cause chaos and for their twisted fun by doing a similar thing and finding their target again.

if people cant learn to cooperate with each other, then thats their problem, they should get a room.

To piss off the one who just got ignored, and to tell them that they're too good to deal with you any further.

Clearly it worked to some degree since you're here ranting about it. :p

Nothing more annoying than seeing someone go on about putting someone on ignore for 5+ minutes.

That is obnoxious. Ignore and move on.

Edited by Callaron

Mostly (aside from credit spammers) , the only time I ignore people is when they are someone I don't want to be grouped with, not because of what comes out of their mouth. I don't care if people act like morons (it's their time and money) but if someone is just horrible at OPS or PVP I am likely to ignore.

Announcing it seems kind of .... goofy.

If I let them know, it's so that they don't waste everyone else's time arguing with someone that isn't listening. This would be most effective in a FP when I want to finish instead of kicking the mouthbreather. I agree this often doesn't make sense or work, but sometimes it will speed up the process of them stopping with the ridiculous behavior.

No one cares about your use of the Ignore feature. No one cares how many people you have on your Ignore list. Believe it or not, it is possible to put someone on Ignore without publically announcing it--because again, no one cares.

Obviously it has an effect on you.

Never said it didn't.

If no one cares, but it effects you. Then who are you?

Firstly, OP please do not presume to speak for everyone else in game. You have no clue whether or not anyone else actually cares.

Secondly, obviously the OP cares themselves or they wouldn't be here ranting about it.

Lastly, if I tell someone I am ignoring them it is a message; that being: You can stop talking to me now because I am no longer interested in anything you have to say; Kthxbye.

Edited by Taramayne

First thing I do when I make a new character is ignore the people with the names like "scroogewaffles" or "cakieislie" or "magicbakon" and stupid things like that. Especially on an rp server. That's about 15 on the starter planet right off the bat. Then if the person brings up politics in the game or they are offensive or speaking in a stupid manner, they go on ignore. If the person just starts saying stuff like "OMG GUYZ1 DROP DA BEAT!!@@2" or "i like pie, jawas and candy!!" then it turns into something weird about people talking about either deserts, sex, race or just plain old trash talking with a dumb name. That is 100 percent without a doubt ignore. Or any of that stuff, they instantly go on ignore. But there is no need to say "welcome to my ignore list" or anything like that. No need to tell people you are ignoring them. You don't need recognition from them at all ;)

But, I fully understand what you are saying OP and that you are "just saying" though. And I understand the urge to "tell them off" in a way :)

It's just fascinating to me how immature people really are when their true nature is being revealed online :p

Edited by Sarfux

I got put on ignore by this chick who didn't like how I modded my armor in ops. Extremely stupid thing to do, but meh what can you do. Plus, I think I told her I wouldn't let her lead me in a raid if my life depended on it cause I didn't trust her. Which I still don't. But again, no big loss.

I got put on ignore by this chick who didn't like how I modded my armor in ops. Extremely stupid thing to do, but meh what can you do. Plus, I think I told her I wouldn't let her lead me in a raid if my life depended on it cause I didn't trust her. Which I still don't. But again, no big loss.

Operations require good gear. If you're not properly modded, you are hurting the groups ability to complete the operation. Unfortunately, even story mode is quite hard in this game and requires people to do their best to win.

Operations require good gear. If you're not properly modded, you are hurting the groups ability to complete the operation. Unfortunately, even story mode is quite hard in this game and requires people to do their best to win.

Oh this was back when EC was the newest raid. I've long since learned how to gear in this game. But still, that type of thing is kind of dumb, especially when the person is a guildie. (She's no longer a guildie, but I mean at the time)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.